Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #51
dacman
College Benchwarmer

In honor of Q, we should jump into free parking!

dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:30 PM   #52
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm RaidersArmy on games.com. Which lobby are you guys in?

I'm in BoardWalk, and on AIM at KNSmith85 (also my names on the games site).
Old 04-28-2005, 01:35 PM   #53
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 04-28-2005 at 01:36 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #54
Logan
Head Coach

In on 68.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #55
Logan
Head Coach

Just got kicked off...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #56
Subby
lolzcat

Just played a game on there with Duke and Mali and it went really fast...

Nice interface...the only thing I can see being a problem is that it looks like you cant set up private tables...which means it might be tough getting a 4 person game going with people you want...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 04-28-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #57
Galaxy
Coordinator

Anyone want to play, I'm Galaxy84?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #58
Galaxy
Coordinator

Table 93, Hotel_Haven, RPI and myself have a 4-person table set up.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:04 PM   #59
Aardvark
Mascot

A couple of killer (as in gamebreaker) house rules I've seen.
1. No limit on houses and hotels. We had two sets, and they got intermixed, so there were pretty much enough houses and hotels to put hotels everywhere. In the game as designed, houses and hotels are a limited resource, and you have to ask yourself if it is worth it build them on a weak color group. (Often it is, to deny them to someone else.) Note that in the rules as written, you cannot build a hotel if you cannot build the necessary houses first, so to go from a vacant 3 property color group to one with all hotels you need to have a bunch of houses in the bank.)
2. Free parking (as discussed above)
3. Syndicates -- I played a game back in college where, as soon as things got tough, two players would joint together as one player. In the rules as written, you have to do everything you can by selling houses and mortgaging property before you are allowed to try to cut a deal to pay an unpayable debt.
4. Careless trading. Too often, weak players end up being exploited, and the game ends up with every player having complete color groups. I've seen serious (tournement) games where more than half the color groups remained split for a long time. The way it should work is that once one player has a color group, the other players (or some subset of them) should trade among themselves to create color groups. Rarely does it make sense to trade with the leading player.
Aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #60
General Mike
Pro Starter

I registered and would like to play too.

Same username over there
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #61
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark
A couple of killer (as in gamebreaker) house rules I've seen.
1. No limit on houses and hotels. We had two sets, and they got intermixed, so there were pretty much enough houses and hotels to put hotels everywhere. In the game as designed, houses and hotels are a limited resource, and you have to ask yourself if it is worth it build them on a weak color group. (Often it is, to deny them to someone else.) Note that in the rules as written, you cannot build a hotel if you cannot build the necessary houses first, so to go from a vacant 3 property color group to one with all hotels you need to have a bunch of houses in the bank.)

One strategy built around this was to eat up all the houses on weak color groups - 4 apiece on the grays, for example; then when you're up for hotel building, you sell all 12, build your hotels, and buy back all 12.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:26 PM   #62
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Yes yes! Playing against the limitation on the number of houses is a key element in the late game -- and any simulation that defaults to unlimited materials is missing yet another good game element there. I have used the four-house strategy many times for just this reason (even though three houses is generally the best bang for your buck if you're just trying to maximize your EV).
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #63
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
4. Careless trading. Too often, weak players end up being exploited, and the game ends up with every player having complete color groups. I've seen serious (tournement) games where more than half the color groups remained split for a long time. The way it should work is that once one player has a color group, the other players (or some subset of them) should trade among themselves to create color groups. Rarely does it make sense to trade with the leading player.

Most of the at-all-serious games I have played included ruthless defenses of color groups, and I'm rightin the middle of that. I need to be wildly overcompensated to unblock a monopoly. And I generally don't trust my nitwitted fellow players to be as tough as I am.

This is one reason, I think, why playing the game with a time limit is worthwhile -- there's nothing wrong with a game that essentially reaches a standstill where nobody has a meaningful color group assembled, and therefore nobody is really going to go broke. At some point, just settle it up, count up everyone's net worth, and keep score. Move on.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #64
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Monopoly is an okay game, I play it maybe once a year when I'm travelling and don't have any other games with me, but there are so many other cool board games to play!

As a side note, my family has always played that you auction properties that people don't buy, since I was a kid, I thought everyone did that.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:32 PM   #65
QuikSand
lolzcat

Another probem I have is that (I think this is when playing by the official rules) there are many times when sitting in jail is a wondeful place to be. Once all the property is sold, and there's nothing left to gain from movement other than passing Go -- it's better for you to just sit in jail rather than mane any effort to get out.

The game is far better when played with one additional rule: you can't collect any rents while you are in jail.

Purely from memory, I recall that the original rules don't include this rule, and that it must be added as a good house rule. But I may be incorrect on that -- maybe we're just playing the game incorrectly here like in other ways.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:33 PM   #66
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
As a side note, my family has always played that you auction properties that people don't buy, since I was a kid, I thought everyone did that.

I take back all the mean-spirited things I said about backwards, pidgin, rednecked Carolinians.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:43 PM   #67
Pyser
Pro Rookie

There's another game we had growing up. Monolpoly. Everyone did. No one liked it. Even if you think you liked the game, you didn't. And it's simple why. Cuz this is anybody here, two and a half hours into a game of monopoly:

(slap board across room). Fuck this game! It's four in the morning Grandma, you win! I'm sitting on Baltic with crap...I'm paying luxury taxes up the ass...and I hate it when you're the banker! Where'd you get all those pink 50's you cheating whore? Don't fucking touch me, Grandpa. Nana is a cheating whore!
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:48 PM   #68
General Mike
Pro Starter

where are you MFers hiding?
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:59 PM   #69
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I recently played a six-handed game of Monopoly. It moved pretty quickly; with that number of players, though, I think the starting bank should get knocked down a bit, because everybody had enough money to buy any property they hit, and the game basically came down to who got the best initial draw of properties.

Well, that, and there were some people who were not all that interested in making deals to complete color groups to try to oppose the leader, although admittedly the draw was such that the deals would be difficult to make -- I controlled two properties in different blocks and I was unwilling to make any kind of deal if I didn't get something worthwhile. Of course, I wound up going under to the leader, which I didn't mind, since he wasn't the one I was trying to bargain with... (would have been highly annoyed if the property had instead gone to one of the people who preferred to let me hang)

We did play with the free parking jackpot, and I don't think it had a significant effect on the outcome of the game other than possibly keeping one or two players alive longer than they would have been otherwise.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #70
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine

That seems kindof backwards to me but our family wasn't all that competitive. It's one of those rules that you only play with when you have cutthroat competition and while 90% of the people on this board probably play that way, it seems like it would lead to a crazy sitcom-esque moment at home
"Billy, if you bid up Illinois to $350, I'm not letting you use the car this weekend"
"Billy, if you outbid your mom for Illinois, I'll let you borrow my car this weekend."
"Why does this always happen when we play Monopoly? I give up"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:07 PM   #71
Desnudo
Coordinator

My first summer home on college break, I used to sit around until all hours of the night playing Monopoly with my friends. The more we drank, the funnier, and more underhanded, the games would get. Throw in some real money side betting, and it was a blast. While I understand QS' point about sticking to the rules, I think "house rules" can add a level of entertainment to the game that isn't normally present. It makes negotiating a lot more interesting.

I really learned something about my friends too. It's funny how a trivial game can bring out traits in people.

Last edited by Desnudo : 04-28-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #72
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I'm Bearcat72 and right now I am in the Free Parking room.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:24 PM   #73
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
I recently played a six-handed game of Monopoly. It moved pretty quickly; with that number of players, though, I think the starting bank should get knocked down a bit, because everybody had enough money to buy any property they hit, and the game basically came down to who got the best initial draw of properties.

Well, that, and there were some people who were not all that interested in making deals to complete color groups to try to oppose the leader, although admittedly the draw was such that the deals would be difficult to make -- I controlled two properties in different blocks and I was unwilling to make any kind of deal if I didn't get something worthwhile. Of course, I wound up going under to the leader, which I didn't mind, since he wasn't the one I was trying to bargain with... (would have been highly annoyed if the property had instead gone to one of the people who preferred to let me hang)

We did play with the free parking jackpot, and I don't think it had a significant effect on the outcome of the game other than possibly keeping one or two players alive longer than they would have been otherwise.

This does beg an interesting question. I'm going to complain that Monopoly isn't nearly as strategic or balanced as Quik contends. In the end, there's not much strategy and almost wholly based on what properties you land on in the first ~5 times around. With $1500, there's just not much strategy or thought early on- it's a giant land grab, especially if you mortgage stuff as soon as you buy it.

So I'll propose a crazy house rule. Only $500 starting cash and $400 each time you pass Go. That way, the buying decisions happen every single time around.

If you play with Free Parking money, it is quite unbalanced- early-mid game is means a lot more when the giant land grab is going on. Later on, it's more a matter of "well, that $500 gives me an extra half stop on one of his 6 hotels". Or it can allow you to try and come back if you've been losing (sure, I only have one Monopoly, but now I can build on it) So I tend to suggest to people that if they want to do Free Parking money that it's limited to taxes/cards or nothing prior to all properties being bought up.

But I think that seeding Free Parking adds some complexity to late game so it can sometimes allow for comebacks and decisions that wouldn't otherwise happen. Otherwise, late game is typically one player sitting back and waiting until someone lands on their hotels while everyone else prays they get to go to jail and hoping the leader lands on one of their more meager posessions.

SI

Old 04-28-2005, 04:27 PM   #74
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
That seems kindof backwards to me but our family wasn't all that competitive. It's one of those rules that you only play with when you have cutthroat competition and while 90% of the people on this board probably play that way, it seems like it would lead to a crazy sitcom-esque moment at home

Well it wasn't something we did as very young kids or anything but once we were older and playing more often my parents taught us that was how to play. Usually you'd get some really weird cross-bidding, like people giving the player who landed on a nice property the money to buy it just to keep it out of the hands of the leading player in an auction.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob

Last edited by Peregrine : 04-28-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 06:49 PM   #75
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
This does beg an interesting question. I'm going to complain that Monopoly isn't nearly as strategic or balanced as Quik contends. In the end, there's not much strategy and almost wholly based on what properties you land on in the first ~5 times around. With $1500, there's just not much strategy or thought early on- it's a giant land grab, especially if you mortgage stuff as soon as you buy it.

So I'll propose a crazy house rule. Only $500 starting cash and $400 each time you pass Go. That way, the buying decisions happen every single time around.

If you play with Free Parking money, it is quite unbalanced- early-mid game is means a lot more when the giant land grab is going on. Later on, it's more a matter of "well, that $500 gives me an extra half stop on one of his 6 hotels". Or it can allow you to try and come back if you've been losing (sure, I only have one Monopoly, but now I can build on it) So I tend to suggest to people that if they want to do Free Parking money that it's limited to taxes/cards or nothing prior to all properties being bought up.

But I think that seeding Free Parking adds some complexity to late game so it can sometimes allow for comebacks and decisions that wouldn't otherwise happen. Otherwise, late game is typically one player sitting back and waiting until someone lands on their hotels while everyone else prays they get to go to jail and hoping the leader lands on one of their more meager posessions.

SI

Good points about the money grab...But I found that people will get into money holes once that happens, and they aren't able to acquire that one or two key properties they need later in the game. The funds are restricted to build up the properties.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-26-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 PM   #76
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
The game is far better when played with one additional rule: you can't collect any rents while you are in jail.

Purely from memory, I recall that the original rules don't include this rule, and that it must be added as a good house rule.
I'm pretty sure that this is a written rule in my Monopoly game.

Of course, my Monopoly game is Pokemon themed, so it may be a little more advanced than others.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 PM   #77
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The biggest strategic problem for people in this game is they will give up anything to get a monopoly on Boardwalk and Park Place. I go after the Orange and Red properties. Much better value for your price, and with hotels you can still cripple a player, especially if it's the one trying to raise $200 for every house he wants to put on Boardwalk and Park Place.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:56 PM   #78
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
I'm pretty sure that this is a written rule in my Monopoly game.

Of course, my Monopoly game is Pokemon themed, so it may be a little more advanced than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly Rules
Even though you are in Jail, you may buy and sell property, buy and sell houses and hotels and collect rents.

You most certainly can collect while in jail.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #79
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ok, just to show how nerdy I am for Monopoly.

A picture of my little wall of Monopoly. Well, and a couple of baseball cards. On the left side you can see a car tin, Disney, a couple of "Library" editions (in boxes), a couple from the 70's, 1957 ed. (has train artwork on the front), Canada (doesn't have the beaver, dammit), 40th anniversary, deluxe from the 60's (brown boxes), 40th anny Italian (eBay from a Catholic girls school, oddly enough). On the right we have Irish, Dutch (Kalverstraat Amsterdam!), British, Japanese (a disappointment, basically American with subtitles), 70's Bayern/Munich, Quebec, Swedish (?), Michael Graves, a couple small box editions from the early 50's, a large box version from the 50's (inner contents still in shrink wrap!), Arizona, Russia, The Simpsons, and a couple of other 60s/70s US versions. Oh, in the middle are small Italian and German versions, also the "nostalgia" wood box available at Target (glare). On top of these are a couple from the 30's and 40's.

View from the right side of the shelf...a modern Munich city version (Winning Moves), America, standard modern edition, Euro (European Union - upside down), Stuutgart, Berlin, two deluxe German versions from the 70's (all of those German ones came from a fantastic eBayer from Germany. Foreign versions of eBay are good to check to find vintage foreign editions. I won two auctions, but arranged to buy the others and they came in one big shipment).

A picture comparing some of the modern components with some very early ones. The deed cards show a different style and also the fact that some rare deeds originally were made without printing on the back. Also, there were versions that had smaller money, and the money was colored differently in some cases, like the 50s (greyish) and the 100s (originally salmon colored). They've redesigned the modern money even from the versions from the 90's (80s?), and the cards and deeds are a lot flimsier. Not wild about these changes.

Oh, the boards are a lot thinner and lighter too now, and of course they fold over twice rather than just once. This board is from the set from the 50's mentioned above. Should have taken a picture of the inside and of the box, but my digital camera can't take more than a few pictures w/o complaining about batteries. Anyway, there's an insert for "Famous Parker Games" including Sorry, Clue, Careers, Wild World, Camelot, Rich Uncle, Touring, Rook, Pit, Flinch, The Reporter, Winnie the Pooh, The Children's Hour, Pollyanna, and "Going to Jerusalem" (most popular Bible game ever published, apparently). The board is black, and has a sticker on the back cover in the style of the box. They used to do this, stopped in the early 70's. The tokens are wooden and the dice are quite small - these were changes made during WWII that stuck around for a while.

The tokens. The hat on the left is current, the two to the right are from the 30's. The originals are taller and more curved, and you can't see it in the pic but they had small circular holes at the end of one brim. You can see how they were pressed together. Also the new style vs old style car - the old style had an open seat (a hole), was taller and had more definition on the wheels. In the background are the rocking horse (pretty rare), lantern, a couple of the handbags, a ship, cannon, shoe, and thimble. Old thimbles bore the inscription "For a good girl". No wheelbarrow, no dog, no rider. Oh, there was an iron, but the one from this group was broken. The cannon is a different style from today; the cannon was phased out and came back, as was the ship. There certainly was no pot of gold token.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-28-2005 at 09:31 PM.
cuervo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:35 PM   #80
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Dork.

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:38 PM   #81
Buccaneer
Head Coach

cuervo, that can't be a 88 Score box, can it? If so, the air it is taking up is far more valuable.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #82
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
cuervo, that can't be a 88 Score box, can it? If so, the air it is taking up is far more valuable.

LOL. You got it! Right next to the '88 and '89 Topps boxes!

(they're not worth crap, but I really did like how colorful the Score cards were)
Old 04-28-2005, 09:47 PM   #83
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Right next to the '88 and '89 Topps boxes!

Oh dear lord. You do have great taste in Monopoly sets though.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:27 PM   #84
Galaxy
Coordinator

Didn't Warren Buffett and Trump just released a Monopoly version based on all his holdings?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #85
Galaxy
Coordinator

Anyone interested in playing a game on games.com?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #86
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

For all those Monopoly games, I'm shocked I don't see one "Anti-Monopoly" game (yes it does exist, my folks have one).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #87
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
For all those Monopoly games, I'm shocked I don't see one "Anti-Monopoly" game (yes it does exist, my folks have one).

/tk

Really? How does that game work?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 PM   #88
Galaxy
Coordinator

Dola...

Curveo, I bet the earlier games got to worth some money, granted they are in good condition?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #89
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin

/tk

Actually this is something I messed up on. My dad had picked up an Anti-Monopoly some years ago at a flea market, but when he moved and I had to fit whatever I could of my things into my car to bring down to MD with me (he gave me warnings to pick up my stuff, but I didn't make too many Baltimore to Philly trips), I decided to leave it behind.

-----

Galaxy - many of the games were bought off of eBay, so they likely wouldn't be worth much more than I paid for them except maybe a couple of cases. The blank backed cards may be one, as I don't think the seller realized these were rare (was not advertised in the auction, came as a complete surprise). The shrinkwrapped (celophane?) game from the 50's could be another possibly, I think I got that one for around $15 (not much more than a cheap new version).
Old 04-28-2005, 11:18 PM   #90
PineTar
High School JV

Galaxy... sorry, I have no idea how the trade function works
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:22 AM   #91
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineTar
Galaxy... sorry, I have no idea how the trade function works

You weren't the bastard that keep turning down in my Orange-Blue trade earlier in one my games, were you?

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-29-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:23 AM   #92
Galaxy
Coordinator

Dola...when you hit the trade function, you just hit the properities you want to involve in the deal, then hit propose...Just wait until it is your turn, then it won't keep screwing up.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:00 AM   #93
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Oh dear lord. You do have great taste in Monopoly sets though.

I was a bit disappointed that you didn't recognize the other two as Topps boxes as they had the checklist for the box bottom cars on them (88 Topps was my first ever box of cards)

Back to Monopoly- I had a set a while back that was some anniversary one and had both a ship and train- two pieces even better than most of the standard ones.

SI

Old 04-29-2005, 08:20 AM   #94
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
There's another game we had growing up. Monolpoly. Everyone did. No one liked it. Even if you think you liked the game, you didn't. And it's simple why. Cuz this is anybody here, two and a half hours into a game of monopoly:

(slap board across room). Fuck this game! It's four in the morning Grandma, you win! I'm sitting on Baltic with crap...I'm paying luxury taxes up the ass...and I hate it when you're the banker! Where'd you get all those pink 50's you cheating whore? Don't fucking touch me, Grandpa. Nana is a cheating whore!

did you have to slap a ho?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:23 AM   #95
Subby
lolzcat

I have that '88 Score set, too - it was such a great antidote to the boring cards of the time...Donruss, Topps, Fleer all sucked from a presentation standpoint...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:49 AM   #96
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Really? How does that game work?

I'm guessing the game plays like Monopoly until someone draws the "Revolution" card in which case all the player characters are lined up against the wall and shot, while the workers who built all the houses and hotels divide everything equally and live in socialist fraternity with one another forever after. End of game.

Last edited by Wolfpack : 04-29-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #97
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Antimonopoly.com Board game description: http://www.antimonopoly.com/antimonopoly_boardgame.html
Board Game Geek description: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1931
" " " " of Anti-Monopoly II: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1932
BGG description of Anti-Monopoly III: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1930

A-M II and III I've never seen nor heard of except what was found at the Board Game Geek page.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 AM   #98
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I've got the best Monopoly strategy ever!

1) Decide you want to play Monopoly.
2) Go to boardgamegeek.com and look for strategies.
3) Find other cool game on boardgamegeek, and decide to play that instead!

Its a surefire way to always win!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #99
Ramzavail
College Starter

Who wants to play? Im on Games.com

Ramzavail
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #100
Galaxy
Coordinator

The site is pretty good, expect a few quirks:
1) I hate that you don't have to wait until your turn to build houses. Annoys me that people mortage their other properities to add two-three other properities when its your roll.

2) No tracker for trades.

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-29-2005 at 07:58 PM.