Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2019, 11:52 PM   #4601
RainMaker
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Bran was far from the safe choice. He was unexpected. I also think GRRM would go that route (and has confirmed he told the showrunners the ending, even though he might have gotten there differently). GRRM is very cynical about power, and those who seek it. He also believes that the good rulers would be (1) those who don't want power or actively seek it and (2) have the benefit of the past and the present. Bran fits that description. And, lest we forget, Bran was the first real chapter in the Song of Ice and Fire book series. The showrunners just didn't develop the character in the show properly.

I think it was a safe choice. It allowed most of the main characters to get their happy ending. Sansa could be the Queen of the North. Tyrion could be the Hand of a kind ruler. All the good guys get to control their land and live happily ever after.

Choosing a realistic ending that fits the show would have taken guts. This ended up being good guys win and bad guys lose. We all go home happy. It's an Avengers movie.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:57 PM   #4602
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think it was a safe choice. It allowed most of the main characters to get their happy ending. Sansa could be the Queen of the North. Tyrion could be the Hand of a kind ruler. All the good guys get to control their land and live happily ever after.

Choosing a realistic ending that fits the show would have taken guts. This ended up being good guys win and bad guys lose. We all go home happy. It's an Avengers movie.

To be fair, the Avengers had a whole lot more plot armor

KKiTTLeS21: UCLA r0x d00d, #1
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:34 PM   #4603
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Game of Thrones Season 8 Pitch Meeting - YouTube
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:50 PM   #4604
Izulde
Head Coach

I have a difficult time calling it a happy ending unless you’re anyone but a Starkphile. It was equal to HIMYM finale bad. Pretty much ruins the whole series.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 05:45 PM   #4605
Dodgerchick
College Prospect

I wanted blood and violence, not flowers and kitties.

I think i'm over the ending, though. my coworker is on the Hodor part and it brought back all kinds of feelings.

So yeah, i'm cool with the ending, now.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #4606
Edward64
Pro Starter

I finally got to watch the finale. No surprises as I've read the reviews the past week.

I enjoyed the episode. Other than the King/Queen's council being off and the miraculous re-population of Unsullied and Dothraki, I thought it was a solid episode. The selection of Bran the Broken was okay too, didn't see that coming.

Didn't like the NK or King's Landing episodes because they were too "quick" after such a long buildup.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:58 AM   #4607
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I hope it is the adventures of Arya out west
I was hoping for the same as well as she was my favorite character. But it certainly seems like they've ruled it out (for now...):

Quote:
Unfortunately, HBO boss Casey Bloys put an end to that speculation in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter. “Nope, nope, nope,” he said when asked about a possible sequel to the show. “No. Part of it is, I do want this show—this Game of Thrones, Dan and David’s show—to be its own thing. I don’t want to take characters from this world that they did beautifully and put them off into another world with someone else creating it. I want to let it be the artistic piece they’ve got. That’s one of the reasons why I’m not trying to do the same show over.” Bloys added that a sequel simply doesn’t “make sense” for HBO.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote