Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #101
cuervo72
Head Coach

I wasn't informed this was a color rush game.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:11 PM   #103
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegeebored View Post
Also agree with you about Pace, but this is what the Bears are under the McCaskey ownership. Mismanagement and poor football decisions are what they do.

They just keep falling for these frauds. And even the local media is drinking the Ryan Pace kool-aid.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #104
cuervo72
Head Coach

These folks are not Aretha.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #106
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Bills fans: Can a team play any worse that us?
Lions fans: Hold our beer...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #107
Thomkal
Head Coach

It would be such a Jets thing to lose this game now that they are ahead by 30 at the start of the fourth,,,
Old 09-10-2018, 08:51 PM   #108
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not turning ESPN on in the morning, that show is going to be annoying as hell with Greenie jacking off to the Jets.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:53 PM   #109
cuervo72
Head Coach

Geez, that's only the end of the third???
Old 09-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #110
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So is Darnold in the HoF yet?
Old 09-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #111
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not turning ESPN on in the morning, that show is going to be annoying as hell with Greenie jacking off to the Jets.

Too bad for them they are going to lose their one viewer.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:52 PM   #112
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Too bad for them they are going to lose their one viewer.

I don't watch that show more than a minute. I start on that channel and then work my way up the dial each time I am annoyed. I usually end up on Fox Sports or NFL network.

I guess that show is better with Beedle no longer on it, now if they can get rid of Greenie it may be watchable.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #114
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Roughing the passer on a sack...

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #115
PilotMan
Head Coach

The game favors the offense so much now. From the illegal hits on defenseless receivers, to the new roughing the passer, to helmet to helmet, to no hitting the QB low, or high, to no touching wide receivers at all. All these things lead to penalty after penalty and it totally changes the flow and strategy of the game by the offense.

Like Steam?

Old 09-10-2018, 11:15 PM   #116
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So is Darnold in the HoF yet?
No, but Matt Stafford (and Matty Patricia) certainly aren't either!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #117
MrBug708
Head Coach

All Colin Kaepernick needs to do to win his collusion case is to show up to court and hold up a picture of Nathan Peterman.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #118
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Whoever created this image is a creative genius

Last edited by Arles : 09-11-2018 at 04:36 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:41 PM   #119
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
All Colin Kaepernick needs to do to win his collusion case is to show up to court and hold up a picture of Nathan Peterman.

He should even try to get the case moved to the federal region that Buffalo is in. It could be the "C'mon, you watched the Bills on Sunday, right?" defense.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-11-2018 at 04:42 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:05 AM   #120
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Well, that was about as Lionsesque a performance as you’re likely to see. As predicted, things have already turned very sour here against Matty Patty. Given that it’s very likely the Lions will lose their next three games - at San Fran, New England, and Green Bay - it’s really only going to get worse. This doesn’t look great for Quinn either. It’s not like Patricia inherited some shit team. They were 9-7 last year and were in the playoffs the year before. Patricia was brought in because Quinn said that wasn’t good enough.

It’s possible that the players don’t like Patricia and haven’t bought in at all. There have been rumblings to that effect and how they quit on Monday night fits in with that narrative.

Just another, typical season as a Lions fan.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:43 AM   #121
JPhillips
General Manager

There's been an astounding amount of shitty football in the circle from Cincy-Cleveland-Detroit-Chicago. There's possibly an interesting story to be told looking at both the industrial and football declines in those cities.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #122
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Granted, it's super, super early, but between the pre-season and the first regular season game, the Lions have had a host of problems.

On defense, lack of talent aside, I think one of the issues they have and will have is Patricia wants to run a hybrid 3-4 defense. The Lions have been a 4-3 team since forever. They don't really have the personnel to run a 3-4 right now and the schemes are pretty complex and intricate and I think they are still trying to adjust. Talent-wise, the Lions of Slay, Glover Quin, Ziggy Ansah and that's largely it. And Ziggy Ansah is pretty much hurt all of the time.

On offense, Jim Bob Cooter can't scheme a running game for his life. They horrible running game last year was largely put on the now-departed O-Line coach. They have a new guy and they still can't run for shit. The whole scheme is broken.

Everything is awful.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #123
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
There's been an astounding amount of shitty football in the circle from Cincy-Cleveland-Detroit-Chicago. There's possibly an interesting story to be told looking at both the industrial and football declines in those cities.

Something like this?

https://deadspin.com/the-browns-and-...han-1828229122
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #124
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I know the TV money is too lucrative for this to be a realistic option, but Thursday games generally suck and the players complain about short turnaround and health/safety issues and such. So, I'd love to see more MNF doubleheaders - one game that starts early and ends at a reasonable time, and the other for night owls and the west coast. I know they probably can't do that every Monday, but 5 or 6 of those would be awesome.

Also, how about bringing back more Saturday games in December, like in the old days? Once college ends, Saturdays are mainly free and NFL could have 1/4/8pm slots both days. Limiting games to Saturday/Sunday/Monday would lessen the turnaround impact of playing on Thursdays while still providing extra TV slots to fill.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #125
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
On offense, Jim Bob Cooter can't scheme a running game for his life. They horrible running game last year was largely put on the now-departed O-Line coach. They have a new guy and they still can't run for shit. The whole scheme is broken.

I've been watching Kerryon Johnson for fantasy purposes. It seems like they moved the ball better with him in there, am I right? He had a disappointing fantasy line but between that, Blount's injury and Riddick sucking, I'm hoping they give more touches to Johnson.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #126
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Granted, it's super, super early, but between the pre-season and the first regular season game, the Lions have had a host of problems.

On defense, lack of talent aside, I think one of the issues they have and will have is Patricia wants to run a hybrid 3-4 defense. The Lions have been a 4-3 team since forever. They don't really have the personnel to run a 3-4 right now and the schemes are pretty complex and intricate and I think they are still trying to adjust. Talent-wise, the Lions of Slay, Glover Quin, Ziggy Ansah and that's largely it. And Ziggy Ansah is pretty much hurt all of the time.

Everything is awful.
Yeah, Patricia deserves all the blame he's getting, but if the Jets were calling out plays and tendencies in a week 1 game that's on Cooter & Stafford.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #127
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Reminds me of the time the Dolphins played some team back-to-back last week of the season and 1st round of the playoffs and didn't change a single call. They got beat. Pretty sure it was near the end of the Marino years.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:46 PM   #128
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Reminds me of the time the Dolphins played some team back-to-back last week of the season and 1st round of the playoffs and didn't change a single call. They got beat. Pretty sure it was near the end of the Marino years.

1997. Jimmy Johnson refused to change the playbook or audible signs. Dolphins lost to the Patriots in the final week of the season and then again in the playoffs, including a 40 yd INT return because the defender knew the audible.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:58 AM   #129
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I've been watching Kerryon Johnson for fantasy purposes. It seems like they moved the ball better with him in there, am I right? He had a disappointing fantasy line but between that, Blount's injury and Riddick sucking, I'm hoping they give more touches to Johnson.

Johnson’s use was as baffling as everything else. He didn’t get into the game until the second quarter. When he was in there he was pretty effective. That being a relative term, because the Lions run game is abysmal. Still, he showed the most life and spark by far, but was barely used. It made no sense. Until they figure out a running scheme that actually works, I think he’ll be of limited Fantasy value.

The Lions haven’t had a 100 yard rusher since 2013, or 69 games.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #130
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

It is a good idea.

Too bad someone else got to it first.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #131
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Quarterbacks

Randall Cunningham, Dave Krieg, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb, Steve McNair.

Running backs

Shaun Alexander, Tiki Barber, Earnest Byner, Larry Centers, Corey Dillon, Eddie George, *Edgerrin James, Darryl Johnston, Eric Metcalf, Clinton Portis, Fred Taylor, Herschel Walker, Chris Warren, Ricky Watters.

Wide receivers

Isaac Bruce, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard, Torry Holt, Chad Johnson, Derrick Mason, Sterling Sharpe, Rod Smith, Hines Ward.

Tight ends

Mark Bavaro, Tony Gonzalez, Brent Jones, Jay Novacek.

Offensive linemen

Willie Anderson, Tony Boselli, Lomas Brown, Ray Donaldson, Alan Faneca, Chris Hinton, Kent Hull, Steve Hutchinson, Mike Kenn, Olin Kreutz, Kevin Mawae, Tom Nalen, Chris Samuels, Richmond Webb, Steve Wisniewski.

Defensive linemen

La’Roi Glover (DT/NT), Russell Maryland (DT), Leslie O’Neal (DE), Simeon Rice (DE), Richard Seymour (DT), Neil Smith (DE), Bryant Young (DT).

Linebackers

Carl Banks, Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, London Fletcher, Seth Joyner, Wilber Marshall, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest, Karl Mecklenburg, Sam Mills, Chris Spielman, Takeo Spikes, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas.

Defensive backs

Eric Allen, Steve Atwater, Champ Bailey, Ronde Barber, Bill Bates, LeRoy Butler, Nick Collins, Thomas Everett, Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, Albert Lewis, John Lynch, Tim McDonald, Ed Reed, Dennis Smith, Troy Vincent, Adrian Wilson, Darren Woodson.

Special teams

Jason Elam, Jeff Feagles, Sean Landeta, Brian Mitchell, Steve Tasker.

Coaches

Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, Tom Flores, Jim Hanifan, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil.
2018 NFL HoF nominees. I think Ed Reed, Champ Bailey & Tony Gonzalez are definites. I'd have Alan Faneca & Ty Law in too, but I don't know if they'd go with 3 DB's in one class & OL (especially non LT OL) always get screwed.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #132
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Also, how about bringing back more Saturday games in December, like in the old days? Once college ends, Saturdays are mainly free and NFL could have 1/4/8pm slots both days.

They did do the last two Saturdays in December last season.

I was curious so I looked at 2018, there's a pair of games set for Sat 12/15 & another TBD pair (all on NFLN) on Sat 12/22. 430 eastern & 820 eastern both weekends. And once those start, the Thursday night games appear to go away based on the schedule I see. So they kinda already do what you're talking about here, with the exception of having a third game on Sat.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #133
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Every summer i say they are saturating the market but here I am at a bar glued to the game. Doesn’t hurt that it was back to school night and the in laws are watching the kids.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #134
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I bet AJ Greene +750 to score 2+ tds tonight. Nice to get a win so early.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #135
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Looks like Josh Gordon is being shopped around.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #136
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Looks like Josh Gordon is being shopped around.

Always a sound strategy announcing that you are releasing a guy in two days. Helps to drive up the trade value.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:23 PM   #137
JPhillips
General Manager

Looks like Darnold may not be in the 2019 HOF class.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #138
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Dear Buffalo -

Thank you for Patrick Mahomes.

Signed,
Every Chiefs and AFC East fan

Week 1: 15/27 256 yds 4 td
Week 2: 20/23 309 yds 6 td (through 3 quarters)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #139
kingfc22
Head Coach

Lol at the Browns
Old 09-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #140
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Lol at the Browns

Seriously
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #141
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Of all the Cleveland Browns int he world, the Cleveland Browns just lost in the most Cleveland Brownsian way
Old 09-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #142
PilotMan
Head Coach

Whatever I said about Pittsburgh last week, goes for this week. It wasn't good.

Like Steam?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:07 PM   #143
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I move that we rename the Cleveland Browns the Charlie Browns
Old 09-16-2018, 03:17 PM   #144
bronconick
College Starter

Clay Matthews is not a clever man. Two weeks in a row him roughing the passer extends a game
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:52 PM   #145
Jas_lov
College Starter

That was a textbook tackle though by Clay Matthew's and shouldn't have ever been called. It wasnt in the head, wasn't at the feet, wasn't late. Right in the stomach as Cousins was throwing. Cost the Packers a win.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 09-16-2018 at 03:52 PM.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #146
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
That was a textbook tackle though by Clay Matthew's and shouldn't have ever been called. It wasnt in the head, wasn't at the feet, wasn't late. Right in the stomach as Cousins was throwing. Cost the Packers a win.

It's not something that should be a penalty but a Vikings player was called as well earlier on pretty much the exact same hit.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #147
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

That catch by Cole was insane. Huge 3rd down conversion too.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #148
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Then they finish the drive on an absolute dime from Bortles back to him.. What a drive.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:06 PM   #149
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Gotta hand it to the Jaguars, they're playing to win. Most teams with the lead would probably run the ball on first down halfway through the 4th quarter.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 09-16-2018 at 06:12 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:13 PM   #150
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Of course not covering Ben Hogan doesn't help your cause