Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2006, 09:08 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Don't look now but ... M! I! Z!

Quin Snyder's resurgent Tigers have just gone into Norman and knocked off Oklahoma. This follows Saturday's reasonably comfortable win at home against Oklahoma State and puts them at 2-0 on top of the Big XII.

I have no idea how he's doing it. This team isn't good, but it's looking scrappy. He's playing the us-against-the-world card right now, and it's working. Maybe something happened after the debacle against Illinois that finally made this team come together, and maybe it's a mirage -- Oklahoma and OSU could just suck or we caught them on the right night.

But if this guy keeps this up, he's going to keep his job and making all us Tiger fans confused as hell.

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

ZOU!

Half tuned in for the beginning. Kind of interested at the end of the first half. On the edge of my chair for the second half!

I thought the Bengals getting knocked out of the playoffs was going to put sports on the back burner until the Cards starting spring training, but Quin is winning me back. I have said before I would like to see Quin go, but I would rather see 16-0/National title and a 10-year contract extension.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
Cuckoo
College Starter

Well, Oklahoma is certainly overrated. They have a nice inside duo but no point guard. OSU is incredibly talented and may be a Final Four team in a couple of years, but they're so young right now and prone to a lot of mistakes.

I watched the OSU/Missouri game, but I didn't get to see tonight's game. When Gardner and McKinnie are on, Mizzou's tough to stop. They have some decent big bodies inside as well that are good rebounders, although probably not the best at scoring.

I don't think Missouri will win the Big 12 or anything, but they'll be competitive and might finish top 4 in the conference.

Last edited by Cuckoo : 01-10-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The fact is, McKinnie was off big time tonight and Brown and Gardner lit it up. I'm not yelling, "Final 4" or anything.. but a good win for the coach and the team.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote