Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2003, 04:41 PM   #1
astralhaze
College Prospect

hattrick?

Anyone else having problems accessing it?

astralhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Yup wont work here either.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 05:28 PM   #3
samifan24
Pro Starter

They changed the IP address. I logged on earlier today and they had a message up saying access will be on/off this weekend. Everything should be normal again by Tuesday night, EST.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up

Bwhahahahahha!

I'm in the money.... I'm in the money....

I just pulled another passable keeper with passable leadership.

Word.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:26 PM   #5
astralhaze
College Prospect

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the www.hattrick.org home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

More information:
Microsoft Support
Old 02-15-2003, 07:30 PM   #6
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

You have a favorites link thats been moved. Go directly to www.hattrick.org

If that doesnt work which it should try:

http:195.149.190.140
Old 02-15-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
astralhaze
College Prospect

You da man!!! TY TY TY!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:29 PM   #8
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple

You're a lucky man, Horned. My youth pull was so awful, I fired him as soon as I took one look.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #9
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Mine are always like that, at least I finally passed the magical $1000 barrier. Now, I'm looking to break the magical $2000 barrier
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #10
samifan24
Pro Starter

No matter what I try, I sink deeper and deeper into debt each week. As of this week, I'll be over $240,000 in the hole and I can't figure it out. I don't have many hefty salaries on my roster and I schedule as many home friendlies as possible. How am I continually losing money?
Old 02-15-2003, 10:58 PM   #11
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Hi. I don't like you.*

*But I do appreciate the work you've done on the FOFC Cup, though. And I dig the 4-5-1.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 11:01 PM   #12
vex
Grizzled Veteran

samifan24, Once your that deep into debtbt you either have to depend on a lucky youth pull or start selling some of your star players.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:07 PM   #13
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by samifan24
No matter what I try, I sink deeper and deeper into debt each week. As of this week, I'll be over $240,000 in the hole and I can't figure it out. I don't have many hefty salaries on my roster and I schedule as many home friendlies as possible. How am I continually losing money?

What does your economy screen look like?

In my case, I expanded my staff a bit too high so it's a big money sink for me at the moment. So that, basically, the combination of interest (curses!), staff and stadium (in conjunction with the obligatory US$20 000 youth spending) is combining to sink me weekly (except for weeks with a league home game).
Old 02-15-2003, 11:11 PM   #14
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Speaking of sell . . .

What kind of minimum do y'all think should be set and what I might be able to expect on someone like this:

Sammy Jones 
183 000 US$, 28 years, inadequate form
Has weak experience and wretched leadership abilities
Stamina: excellent Keeper: disastrous
Playmaking: poor Passing: inadequate
Winger: passable Defending: solid
Scoring: inadequate Set Pieces: disastrous

My team is on the wrong side of broke and need the get back near the realm of the livings.

Also, would I be better off waiting until season beginnings to sell (ie, is the market better then)?

edit: because I'm too incompetent to do proper fonting

Last edited by daedalus : 02-15-2003 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:36 AM   #15
samifan24
Pro Starter

Cash funds: -194, 482 (-244, 944)
Sponsors: High on Life
Supporter Club: 617 members
Supporters: Satisfied

This week

Revenue

Crowd: 0
Sponsors: 34,950
Financial: 2,400
Temporary: 0

Expenses

Arena: 3,900
Wages: 17,688
Interest: 9,724
Temporary: 2,000
Staff: 34,500
Youth squad: 20,000

Total Revenue
$37, 350

Total Expenses
$87, 812

Expected Income/Loss
$ -50, 462
Old 02-16-2003, 01:28 AM   #16
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Ya. You're having a lot of the same problem as me. The combination of staff cost and interest kicking your arse.

The only thing I can think of is, maybe, pare staff down some and start looking at some selling to get into a slightly smaller debt range. Basically, what I'm going to try now.

Heh.
Old 02-16-2003, 10:40 AM   #17
samifan24
Pro Starter

See I am going to get rid of staff but I know I'll take a weekly hit for cutting them. I think it's $1, 000/per but I guess it's better in the long run.
As far as selling players, I don't want to take the $1, 000 transfer-listing fee for that, either. I'm trying to play smart here and minimize losses. I love Hattrick, but it's killing me!
Old 02-16-2003, 12:23 PM   #18
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Hee hee. Me, too!

It's 1 500 per.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:36 PM   #19
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by daedalus
Hi. I don't like you.*

*But I do appreciate the work you've done on the FOFC Cup, though. And I dig the 4-5-1.

And what seed did you want next season?

It seems you are overabundant in staff. I have 2 keeper trainers, 6 assistants, 1 of everything else except 2 doctors and physios. I fire the doctors when I dont need them and never hire more than 2, more than that is less bang for your buck in my opinion.

I was in over 400k in debt but my keeper pulling program has seemed to work, I am approaching -200k. By the way I am only passable in youth camp and put in 10k a week. After my next stadium expansion I go back to 20k.

The only other thing is I have 25 players. Why I do this is to make sure no starter gets injured other than in a league game. Getting guys injured in friendlies irked me no end.

Oh I forgot this is my 3rd season in Div V. Ignore me.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:07 PM   #20
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:

ROTF!!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 04:00 PM   #21
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
And what seed did you want next season?

Hee hee.

Quote:

I have a friendly set up with one of your division-mate (The Schwing) so I looked at your game against River Plate. 3 FORMIDABLES! Yikes! My players have only been on the wrong end of formidables, our division winner got them a-plenty against us. What do you think your chances are of pulling ahead of those guys? I see you have one game against them left.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:16 PM   #22
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well I am the only team that beat them 1-0 at his place. Basically the only chance I have is to win out unless someone wants to do me a favor and draw or beat River Plate, then I am going to use my match of the season against him because I will have no choice. Then from what the promotion thing looks like whoever wins this thing will have to play a play-in game because our point total is near the border.

That team Girondins FC(sp?) messed up my master plan when I drew with them last week. The funny thing is he did the same thing last year to me when I was in a position to catch Flinthills who promoted last year. Then he turns around and gets stomped by River Plate hehe.

So most likely I will end up 2nd again. I hattrick email the River Plate fellow to shoot the breeze and I support him. Its a pretty laid back division which I will probably be in till 2007. I decided I am going to start a grassroots US-national team manager campaign for all us little folks. My track record of mediocrity speaks for itself.
Old 02-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #23
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Heh. "Vote for me. I'm just like YOU!"

At least you're not getting thrashed like we are. The Mighty Mephistopheles got promoted to our division and has 25 points in the 9 games with the goals total of 55-3. The only two points they didn't get was due to a 2-2 tie. [For the record, they thrashed us 4-0 and 0-10 in back-to-back games to destroy our confidence and fan support.] 3 of us holdovers from last season are just trying to stay out of demotion.
Old 02-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #24
vex
Grizzled Veteran

You got my vote.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:06 AM   #25
Alf
Pro Starter

HFP : Girondins FC is the name of my favorite club : Bordeaux, and it's spelled correctly (guess, you have a French guy in your league !)

Spokepersons : with 4 guys, I managed to get around 27K$ per week, what if I increase theiur number ? decrease ?