Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What type of dynasty will I run?
West Ham United <3 3 14.29%
Bottom of the barrel club in England - much like Gloucester City 8 38.10%
Journeyman Career somewhere in Europe, taking first open job, trying to get to the top 8 38.10%
International manager - try to break in to club management after a tournament 0 0%
Trout 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Grover
Pro Starter

Grover's FM13 Dynasty Thread

With Football Manager 13 set to be released in a couple of weeks, I will be (of course) starting up a dynasty with my shiny new game. However, I want to leave it up to you, the loyal readers of FOFC to vote on the type of dynasty I will be running. The poll will remain open until November 2, and whatever's final, that's what we'll be doing...

EDIT: I've voted trout, as I want no say in what I will be running.

Also, I know some of you may say that running a dynasty based on what people are voting may kill the fun and the potential for a long-term dynasty. I promise you it will not.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner

Last edited by Grover : 10-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
bhlloy
Coordinator

Bottom of the barrel and try to work your way up to become West Ham manager. That's my favorite way to play by far.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Koryo
n00b

My favorite is starting in the blue sq. north or south and working my way up.
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
britrock88
Pro Starter

Bottom-of-the-barrel approach, but give your guy an extra nationality or two so he can coach in other crummy European leagues and try to work his way over to England in addition to up the ladder.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Bottom-of-the-barrel approach, but give your guy an extra nationality or two so he can coach in other crummy European leagues and try to work his way over to England in addition to up the ladder.

Aye. The plan with the Journeyman was to add in a bunch of smaller Euro countries and have a foreign manager and try to work my way up into one of the major leagues/teams.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Grover
Pro Starter

FM downloaded. Expect to see something from me early this week.

I'll be going with the journeyman option and more will be revealed...

Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
Grover
Pro Starter

The Journey of Terek Demisovski

Introduction

Terek Demisovski is a 31 year-old Albanian upstart who dreams of becoming the world's next legendary football manager. A tragic knee injury ruined Terek's dreams of becoming a professional footballer when he was a schoolboy and he has dedicated his time since to learning and developing his own tactics and approach to the game. After working with youths in primary school and playing in the odd pick-up game in the neighborhood, Terek's as green as they come. However, he is determined to make his mark in the game. His ambition to rise to the tops and lift the greatest trophies will carry him through.

Notes
Current Active Countries

Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine

Will Apply To...
Any job as Terek is starting unemployed. There are a number of positions open right now, all will be applied to. Once Terek begins to establish himself, he will look to move to the top as soon as he can. Unless, of course, I get attached to a club which has been known to happen.

17, July 2012
Positions Applied For

I have applied for the following positions across Europe:
Blackburn, Bournemouth, AFC Wimbledon, Wycombe, Havant & Waterlooville (England)

Krymteplytsya (Ukraine)

Santa Clara (Portugal)

Bleid-Molenbeek (Belgium)

Insecure Positions
FC Utrecht, Go Ahead, Sp. Covilha and FC Roskilde's managers are all listed as insecure in their position.

18, July 2012
Offers Come in

Santa Clara have offered me a one year contract worth £61,000 per year to take their position. They currently play in the Portuguese second tier. The club has a payroll of £625,000 and a current payroll of £609,000.

I have accepted this offer.

Krympteplystsya has approached me on a year contract on £30,000 per year. I have rejected this offer, because I do not feel the wages are competitive in comparison to Santa Clara.

Bleid-Molenbeek have offered me a one year contract with no salary. They have also been rejected for obvious reasons.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
Grover
Pro Starter

18, July 2012
Santa Clara Hire Demisovski

In what many are calling a surprise appointment, the Santa Clara board has named the virtually unknown Albanian manager, Terek Demisovski as their gaffer.

Personal Message and Meetings
I received a personal message from club president Mario Batista. He has welcomed me to the Estadio Sao Miguel, assuring me that I can rely on the full support of the club's board.

Mr. Batista has told me that he expects me to guide the club to a top half finish in Portugal's Second League. I've told him I'll do all in my power to make sure this objective is achieved. Unfortunately, I won't have a transfer budget, but I'll make use of the free transfer market once I know what parts of the squad could use an upgrade.

I've also agreed to be presented at a press conference in the next day or two. I still only speak Albanian, so there will be an interpreter with me to help me with the questions from the local press. I'll be needing to brush up on my Portuguese pretty quickly if I hope to get through to the squad!

After meeting with Mr. Batista, I met with my assistant manager, Samuel Correia. I can say that I'm really looking forward to working with him, at least for this season. I want to get comfortable with the country and the language before I start making too many changes in my backroom staff.

Santa Clara Club Background
Founded in 1921, Santa Clara are a professional Portugal club currently playing in the Portuguese Second Division. The club play their home games at Estadio de Sao Miguel and possess average training facilities and basic youth facilities. The club's home ground is also their training ground, while the youth team play at Estadio das Figueiras. The club also have fairly basic junior coaching and a limited youth recruitment network.

First Team

Here's a look at the first team, according to Samuel. I definitely need to be looking for a backup or starting goalkeeper, a left and right fullback and maybe some midfield depth. Based on Samuel's report, I like the way our midfield sets up and we seem okay at forward, but could maybe use another striker. I'll see what's available and put my scouting hat one.

19, July 2012
Scouting Range Increased

I have been informed by Director of Football Pedro Sousa that the board has made a decision to upgrade the scouting network. I can now send scouts within central Europe. This is excellent news as I can now try and find some players outside of Portugal, which I was restrained within.

Loan Terminated
I have decided to terminate the loan of forward Diogo Tavares, sending him back to Estoril. I felt that £38,500 per year was too much to pay him and it opens up some cash in the wage structure so that I may be able to find a quality defender to come in and makes us more competitive at the back.

25, July 2012
Portuguese League Cup Draw

We have been drawn in the first phase Group D for the PLC. In our group are Naval, Sp. Covilha and Trofense.

Our first competitive match is on 29, July with Sp. Covilha! Now the nerves are ratcheting up for sure!

Television Coverage
Our match with Trofense on 1, August has been pushed back to a 19:00 start time for live television coverage. It's said we'll receive around £6,000 in television money for the match.

Portugal Trial Day
I've sent my assistant manager, Samuel to scout numerous players who are involved with Portugal Trial Day. I'm hoping he can turn up something good for us.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #9
Grover
Pro Starter

19, July 2012
Scouting Range Increased

I have been informed by Director of Football Pedro Sousa that the board has made a decision to upgrade the scouting network. I can now send scouts within central Europe. This is excellent news as I can now try and find some players outside of Portugal, which I was restrained within.

Loan Terminated
I have decided to terminate the loan of forward Diogo Tavares, sending him back to Estoril. I felt that £38,500 per year was too much to pay him and it opens up some cash in the wage structure so that I may be able to find a quality defender to come in and makes us more competitive at the back.

25, July 2012
Portuguese League Cup Draw

We have been drawn in the first phase Group D for the PLC. In our group are Naval, Sp. Covilha and Trofense.

Our first competitive match is on 29, July with Sp. Covilha! Now the nerves are ratcheting up for sure!

Television Coverage
Our match with Trofense on 1, August has been pushed back to a 19:00 start time for live television coverage. It's said we'll receive around £6,000 in television money for the match.

Portugal Trial Day
I've sent my assistant manager, Samuel to scout numerous players who are involved with Portugal Trial Day. I'm hoping he can turn up something good for us.

Unfortunately, anyone who came back with potential was out of our wage range. It's amazing how greedy some of these players are at their level of talent.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Grover
Pro Starter

29, July 2012
Portuguese League Cup (Group Phase)
Platini Steals the Points
Santa Clara 2 – 1 Sp. Coviilha
Goals: Santa Clara:
Cervantes (36), Platini (89) Sp. Covilha: Fabricio (12)
Shots/On Target: Santa Clara 8/4, Sp. Covilha 8/3
Possession: Sp. Covilha 61%
Bookings: Santa Clara: Accioly (4), Platini (45+1)
Man of the Match: Serginho 7.9

Form: Helder Godinho 6.8, Andre Simoes 6.9, Accioly 7.2, Luiz Carlos 6.8, Serginho 7.9, Toni 6.9, Godinho 6.9, Platini 7.3, Cervantes 7.3, Alex 6.9, Porcellis 6.8

Well, we were in a bit of a hole from the early going with Fabricio's goal putting us on the back foot, but the club responded well and Cervantes scored in the latter half of the first half on a nice pass from Serginho. The second half was a tense affair and we never gained a foothold in possession, we've got to do better there. Serginho laid in a nice cross late, late on and Platini was there to dribble around a defender and fire home.

Such a relief to get a win the first time out! I may have angered a few of the squad with my post-match talk, but I want them to understand that we need to be better, despite the win. Hopefully they'll show some mettle and prove my point next time out. Serginho was superb, and I spoke to him about it after the game. He seemed pleased with my comments.

30, July 2012
Santa Clara Loan David

We have taken Porto's David on loan until the end of the season. David's a raw talent, but gives us some depth at fullback and will definitely see a lot of action.

Last edited by Grover : 10-21-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Grover
Pro Starter

Okay, yeah. So crossing is broken.

We'll try this again, based on the voting at the end of the two weeks when the game is ready to go.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Grover
Pro Starter

Voting is nice and even, good to see some competition for one potential job or another.

What are some things people would like to see in the dynasty? Things you liked / didn't like from my previous dynasty, things you'd like to see differently, etc

Old 10-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #13
Grover
Pro Starter

The poll has two more days!

It's looking like an international journeyman. Perhaps I'll use Terek Demisovski again.