Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #51
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

At least you started in April, giving you the maximum time of, oh, 3 months before the Russian winter sets in

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 AM   #52
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

There was a method to my madness there.

Basically we invaded about 2 days after the mud cleared. And then we RUN!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #53
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

April 17th, 1942
Eastern Command - Headquarters

News from the front! After nearly two weeks of fighting, with German forces trying to break through the well-fortified Molotov Line, a small victory has been achieved in the south! Elements of Army Group Center have taken a fortified Soviet position. We've got our foot in the door.

In the north, Operation Autumn Thunder is well under way. Reports are in that the 91st Marines have taken Riga, a major northern port. Elements of the 93rd Marines have landed just west of their position, securing a beachhead. No breakthroughs have been made along the fortified northern positions, but transport ships are already rushing to load motorized units to reinforce our beachhead.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #54
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

May 2, 1942

German forces have broken through in Lithuania, and linked with our amphibious assault group! Elsewhere on the front, it's a little slower going. We have achieved several local victories in the south, but our lines along the center of the front have yet to be able to fully punch through the fortifications. However, Soviet forces are on their heels, and large groups of troops are shifting to block the gains made in the north.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-11-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #55
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

June 1, 1942

Operation Rum and Vodka can only be called a staggering success, with a massive spearhead breaking through along the southern front. In the north, almost all of Latvia and Lithuania are under German control, with Army Group North now ready to turn further north to capture Estonia. The dreaded Molotov Line has been entirely breached, though there are still more fortifications further inland, the original Stalin Line. While it has been greatly reduced from its former self, it will still require some effort to break.

With major breakthroughs occuring, command staff has been instructed to shift their tactics - a broad front approach was preferred for the initial push. Now that it has been achieved, speed is key. Troops are to advance, advance, advance. The race to Moscow is on.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-11-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #56
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Only a couple more months to winter. Enjoy

SI

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #57
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

SILENCE! WE WILL MAKE IT!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #58
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Forgot to upload my last batch of screenshots last night. The war has reached its 3rd month, however.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #59
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

July 22nd, 1942
German Forces Advance, Soviets on Retreat

The German offensive continues. Their armies have pushed north into Estonian territory, bent on taking their port capital. Heavy resistance, however, has been found on the marches to Leningrad and Moscow itself, with thousands dying daily. The German authorities have announced a full mobilization of every able-bodied man from 18 to 49 to continue the fight in the east.

Along the southern front, the German forces have made rapid advances across the steppe, with little resistance.

August 20th, 1942
Reich Troops Within 100km of Moscow, Leningrad Falls!

The legendary city of Leningrad has fallen to the German offensive, though the cost was high. Early reports indicate losses numbering in the tens of thousands to take this former Russian capital. Further south, German troops continue their march, moving ever closer to Moscow.

While many reports say the German offensive has slowed, due to both supply and manpower issues, the advance continues as the death toll increases. The Red Army is dying for every inch of ground given, though it seems they can only hope to delay the Wehrmacht until the dreaded Russian Winter arrives.

September 8th, 1942
Moscow Under Siege!

German losses mount, and many in Reichstag have expressed increasing concern over the growing losses in what is quickly becoming a meat grinder. However, for all the loss of life, German forces have control over much of the territory surrounding Moscow, and have begun to lay siege. Constant aerial bombardments and artillery fire pound the city day and night. Can Moscow hold?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #60
PilotMan
Head Coach

That was a big push, no doubt it proved very costly.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #61
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Biggest problem right now is our supply line - massive amounts of our forces are out of supply, and it's all I can do to hold the lines and advance...slowly. Resupplying such a large force is hard.

Doesn't help that the AI controlling my ground forces, while interesting and usually okay, can be slightly stupid. I've split into two theatres for the eastern front - north & south. Despite me instructing the southern front to consolidate and hold the line, they continue to advance and get strung out. Not sure why, but they aren't helping the matter.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-12-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

Another Paradox dynasty gets me into playing again. I started a game as Japan this morning. Played for 9 hours straight. I've taken half of Nationalist China and am on my way to total victory there, but am having the same supply issues. I initially took their two ports and for a good while it looked like I wasn't going to be able to hold them. Then Communist China fell, and with it went a good third of the Chinese forces and I stormed in and land connected all of my forces. Now it's a slow march south. I'm staying out of Germany's wars against France and the UK....

But once China is taken care of....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #63
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dammit, I think I broke the game. Seeing if I can't trigger a couple events manually to clean things up.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 AM   #64
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

No!

In other news, I hadn't ever played Hearts of Iron until this dynasty. Now I'm wondering why.

An enormous project I was working on has gone on the back burner because of the awesomeness. Great threat Coffee ... and darn you!! :P
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #65
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

After looking last night, pretty sure I can salvage things by adding/modding a couple of events. The Reich shall rise again.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #66
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Another Paradox dynasty gets me into playing again. I started a game as Japan this morning. Played for 9 hours straight. I've taken half of Nationalist China and am on my way to total victory there, but am having the same supply issues. I initially took their two ports and for a good while it looked like I wasn't going to be able to hold them. Then Communist China fell, and with it went a good third of the Chinese forces and I stormed in and land connected all of my forces. Now it's a slow march south. I'm staying out of Germany's wars against France and the UK....

But once China is taken care of....

Yeah, me too. Never got HOI3 but bought the complete pack and I am going through playthrough on the forum right now. Completely killed my Sunday (and Monday, and Tuesday. . .)
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #67
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Paradox ought to be giving FOFC users a commission for all the business we've steered their way over the years.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 AM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

Seriously.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #69
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

October 3rd, 1942
German Forces Stalled Near Moscow As Winter Looms

While German forces continue their pushes in the far north and deep in the south, the bulk of the Reich army sieging Moscow has stalled, unable to push fully into the heart of the Soviet Empire. Facing what many see as massive issues transporting supplies and fuel to the front, constant aerial supply drops have been seen over the front, airlifting desperately needed supplies to the troops. Included in these supply drops are heavy winter gear, as it seems the Wehrmacht High Command has little expectation that Moscow itself will fall before the dreaded winter sets in.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #70
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

October 10th, 1942
Germany Heralds Miracle In Moscow - Stalin Arrested and Executed - Peace Talks Underway

In a stunning turn of events, Soviet officials announced that Joseph Stalin, leader of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, has been arrrested on charges of actions detrimental to the Communist Ideal. Backed by several Red Army officials, High Party members declared Stalin a traitor, ordering him hung in Red Square.

The new leaders of the Party have announced a temporary cease fire with Germany, as peace talks have begun. For now, the guns have gone silent in Moscow.

We'll put it this way - this was ungodly lucky. I was trying to stabilize the front for winter, as our supply situation simply wasn't going to allow us to advance, or possibly even hold. I was hoping to get the lines set up and sit through the long winter. Then I get that awesome event.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-14-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #71
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

October 13th. 1942
Treaty of Moscow Concluded - Soviet Union Partitioned

Apparently more interested in consolidating their tenuous hold on power, the new leaders of the Soviet regime have concluded peace talks with the German Reich, paying a high price for conclusion of the war. German officials have heralded the new Treaty of Moscow, announcing it in every corner of the Reich. The main terms are as follows:

1. The Soviet Union will acknowledge all current territorial claims of the German Reich.
2. The Soviet Union will pay $20 million in war reparations, to be divided amongst the Axis Powers.
3. The Soviet Union will relinquish all claims to territory in Europe, ceding all control of their western lands to be administered by the German Reich.
4. The German Reich will acknowledge all remaining Soviet territorial claims.
5. The German Reich will release all Russian prisoners of war.
6. The German Reich will allow any Communist leaders to emigrate away from territory newly under the control of Germany.
7. Relinquished Soviet territory will be partitioned in the following manner, with provisional governments established under the oversight of the German Reich:
Estonia, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Armenia.
8. The final partition will encompass all remaining Russian territory, to be known as the Russian Federation.

Newly partitioned and established governments post Treaty of Moscow:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #72
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Were this were a more 'real' game, I'd be declaring victory right now and standing my armies down.

Alas, since it's not...*looks west*
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #73
Dutch
"Dutch"

Good stuff, CW. Keep it up!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #74
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Talk about a lucky break. I don't see how a country gets rid of its leader in a time of crisis as they would be rallying around him.

That said, before you get greedy, I think it's time to restock those supply lines.

SI

Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #75
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I like to think of the party panicking as the German propaganda machine heralded the fall of Leningrad and the siege of Moscow. No no, we don't have a supply problem! We will burn Moscow to the ground! Give up now and spare millions of lives!

But, yeah. Very very lucky break.

And as for supply. Our supply PRODUCTION is just fine. The biggest problem was getting those supplies through Soviet lands, which has like no infrastructure. With the amount of troops we sent, there just wasn't enough roads to get supplies to the front, so I was constantly having vast amounts of troops sitting there stalled waiting for supplies.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #76
finketr
College Prospect

Logistics. You need to hire UPS to help you out.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #77
Autumn
Head Coach

Awesome turn of events. How did the Allies react to this invasion?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #78
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

They sat on their big useless Allied asses.

But really, I think they secretly thanked the German people for stomping the Communist threat.