Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Avenge me boys! Avenge me! (X-Com)

Alright, so I proceeded to get our collective asses kicked in Gootan Attacks! or Mars! or Nizami!

I am starting a whole new dynasty and hoping we can get further than the last. I am going to try a little something different with the style unless everyone liked how I did the other thread.

You can post in here or at the end of the other thread to state your character name, if you prefer a male or female, country of origin.

Also, please vote at where HQ should be. Choices are:

North America - Aircraft maintenance/cost is reduced by 50%. You can create interceptors for cheaper, and their monthly fees are reduced.

South America - Interrogations an autopsies complete instantly. autopsies provide certain projects and gear, which typically requires corpses. Interrogations typically yield research bonuses.

Africa - Monthly income is increased by 30%. This means that at the end of the month, when you collect your income, it will be boosted, allowing you to build/buy more things in any given month.

Europe - Labs and Workshops cost 50% less to build and maintain. Labs grant scientists and speed up research. Workshops grant engineers and can reduce the cost of buildings

Asia - 50% discount on in the Foundry and Officer Training School projects. The Officer Training School bonus is pretty nice in the early game, and there are a few "gear improvements" in the Foundry that can be useful.

FOFC Starting Roster So Far
Sterling Silvers
Shane Sexton
Da Law
Slag Rooney
Ardent Enthusiast
Benton Gale
Ches O'Peake
Deacon Palmer
Coffee Warlord (An assumption because he has been throwing bodies around between both threads like they are skittles)
Mar Mel
Jerome Alstott
Ren Snow

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-04-2012 at 05:59 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

I vote Europe, that way Roomey can catch some Man U matches
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Grover
Pro Starter

I second the vote for Europe.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

No idea. Whichever one keeps us from dying the most

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I like the idea of Interrogations so South America sounds good, but Iwould not be opposed to Europe either.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

dola:
please put Deacon Pal;mer on trhe list of the cannon fodder...err, I mean volunteers
Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
dola:
please put Deacon Pal;mer on trhe list of the cannon fodder...err, I mean volunteers

Done...

FYI...voting on HQ will go until 9 pm EST tonight. I will then begin the new dynasty.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-01-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #8
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I'll sign up and vote for Africa.

Mar Mel (gender and everything else can be whatever)

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Jerome Alstott again.

Something European.

HQ should be in Africa, it's a much better bonus at the beginning of the game than any other IMO.

LOL at the comments on Coffee Warlord!
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Djibouti.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

1st Mission
Commanders Log 2015.3.1

Based upon a lot of politicking that I had to be a part of we were able to get our secretly funded team in Africa. We have received some extra financial incentive to be here and it seems to help out the recruits.

Our first mission happens while the new recruits are getting settled. Our Skyranger is hauling to Port Harcourt, Nigeria at a fast food restaurant. The squad that was sent was:

Rk. Roberto Lopez (Spain)
Rk. Hoda Canaan (Nigeria)
Rk. Duane Kelly (USA)
Rk. Man Shik Shin (South Korea)

We decided on a slow moving approach as we are not 100 sure who were are dealing with here. as Kelly moves forward he spots two freaky large head and eye aliens that appear slimey take off into the building. Kelly is on over watch and uses that time to aim one down and pull the trigger, the assault rifle tears into their flesh easy and the green blood oozes out.

They finish moving around when Kelly pops up again and takes another alien out, this one through two car windows and simply destroyed it's chest.

The rest move and go into over watI think Hoda and Shin were caught by a little bit of surprise and missed both their over watch shots.

The squad slowly enters the building as they want to tactical exit from two spots in the back.

We hear noise as they scramble along the roof and drop down to surprise us. Hoda unleashes blindly through the rook and wipes out an alien with her over watch. She then drops the rifle letting the sling hold it and spins and tosses a grenade, eliminating a wall of the fast food joint and the alien while she was at it.

Shin spins and fires at one hiding at the door. Lopez moves up and hits the alien, and Kelly finally rattles a few shots off in his chest and watches him go down. Looking at it, Kelly yells back at Hoda inside the restaurant "Clean up in the main lobby."

6 Aliens Killed (Excellent)

0 Operators Killed (Excellent)

Lopez is promoted to Squaddie Heavy
Kelly is promoted to Squaddie Sniper
Hoda is promoted to Squaddie Assault.

I assign the research team to focus on xeno biology. I think we can catch one of these guys. I also ask the engineers to build a satellite and a power generator.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
MacroGuru
Coordinator

2nd Mission
Commanders Log 2015.3.4

We have been notified of alien abductions in 3 locations:

Bangalore, India (Moderate/ $200)
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Very Difficult/4 Scientists)
Dallas, US (Moderate/4 Engineers)

Looks at the panic levels right now, we decide to travel to the US. as we will be breaking in 2 new rookies.

The squad that goes in is:

Rk. Mar Mel
Rk. Ardent Enthusiast (Medkit)
Sq. Roberto Lopez (Heavy)
Sq. Duane Kelly (Sniper)

We drop down in Dallas at a road construction site. I send Mel to the right with Kelly and AE to the left with Lopez. Mel has immediate contact and the sectoids scramble. Mel pulls up and shoots, missing one in her excitement.

One of the sectoids fires at Mel and misses but the other is able to hit. Mel brushes it off as her cover took most of it.

AE shifts to the right and misses, Kelly moves up and misses and Lopez decides to bad the niceties and sends a rocket at the truck that the sectoids were hiding behind. It takes 1 out. The other back, shooting at Mel and missing.

Kelly moves up to get a better shot and waits. AE is moving over to play medic role. Lopez opens up with the LMG and misses.

The aliens move around and are staying back. AE finally arrives at Mel and heals her up.

The aliens start to move and Lopez catches one in his line of site and opens up missing two of them. Mel and AE both shoot from their position missing.

Well, Lopez earned the aliens attention and two of them launch an assault against him and missing. A third alien moves up and shoots towards Mel and AE and hits AE.

Lopez gets sick of throwing hot lead and tosses a grenade taking out 2 in the explosion. Lopez starts laughing.

Another alien joins in and they both fire at Mel as AE is still ducked behind cover surveying his wounds. They both miss and Kelly finally gets a clean shot with her sniper missing.

The aliens move and try to set up a better position. Mel is watching the entire time and gauges it just right as she unhooks a grenade from her harness, begins to run and tosses the grenade right in between both aliens. The explosion takes out two cars and both aliens.

The squad mops up the site and are on their way.

Mar Mel was promoted to Squaddie Support and is out for 8 days.
Ardent Enthusiast is wounded and out for 7 days.

We were able to gather up some of the pieces of the sectoids and fragments of their weapons. (6 corpses and 4 fragments).

The team at base informs me a workshop is available.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-04-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #13
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Coffee Warlord (An assumption because he has been throwing bodies around between both threads like they are skittles)

Somewhere deep in the mountains, there's a small breeding facility, generating clone after clone of strange creatures known as Coffee Warlords. They live, they fight, they die.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #14
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Somewhere deep in the mountains, there's a small breeding facility, generating clone after clone of strange creatures known as Coffee Warlords. They live, they fight, they die.

I hope after thousands upon thousands of clones they don't start coming out all twisted and mutated.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I hope after thousands upon thousands of clones they don't start coming out all twisted and mutated.

Science is a cruel, cruel mistress.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Coffee Warlord Cloning Center

Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #17
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Mostly die.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #18
RendeR
Coordinator

Sign me up General:

Private Ren Snow ready for duty SIR!

RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Will do.

Mission 2 has been played. I have been away from home and will post and play mission 3 tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #20
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We have finalized Xeno Biology research and now our research team wants to capture a live alien, so they being research on a device that will allow us to do just that, they call it the Arc Thrower.

We transfer an interceptor to Asia because it looks like we will need to launch the satellite we are working on over India.

Mission 3
Commanders Log 2015.3.14

We have UFO contact over Nigeria and we scramble the interceptor. It takes 1 shot but ends up dropping the UFO and command goes crazy. This pilot will never have to buy a drink again.

I gather a team together and send them to the site. I am trying to get some combat experience within the group. So I send out:

Rk. Da Law
Rk. Coffee Warlord (Medkit)
Sq. Roberto Lopez (Heavy)
Sq. Duane Kelly (Sniper)

We land out in the middle of nowhere, but the funny thing is, there is a broken down truck with some flares in the middle of a road. The owner is no where to be found. I bet you he soiled his pants when this thing came down and booked it back to civilization.

The layout of the terrain is weird, so I send Warlord to the right supported by Lopez up the middle, tending to the right with Law and Kelly up the left. I order them to move carefully, so it's slow go as they move and look, move and look.

Kelly reports of noise to the left and in the center. I order the movement to slow and shift CW up the road towards the truck, once he gets there I order him to sit and wait.

Lopez moves up and has immediate contact with 2 sectoids and they scramble, falling back. I tell everyone to wait and see what happens.

Our patience is awards as both aliens move forward trying to get into position. Lopez and Kelly both pop out of over watch and misses an alien while Law manages to wound it.

Law tries to keep the fire going on the wounded alien but misses. Lopez wants nothing of the alien right now and tosses a grenade finishing him off.

The 2nd alien moves up, trying to get into a decent position to attack but Lopez steps out from behind his tree and rips him to shreds, that is now 2 kills for Lopez.

We sit and slowly move, when Lopez and CW both mention of noise to the right. It looks like they might be trying to flank us. I order CW to fall back into the tree line with the rest of the squad and we set up an ambush site and wait.

The aliens don't wait long as they move into our firing zones. Lopez fires missing. I order Law up and behind a tree to get better position and he fires when he gets there, missing. The aliens begin to move and CW tries to catch them and misses. One sets up and rips a green gooey shot off at Lopez, hitting him and the tree he is behind. It tears him up pretty good.

I order CW to fire and work his way over to Lopez. He opens up and misses. Lopez is pissed and pulls the launcher off his back and sends a rocket at the alien that hit him, exploding the tree it was behind and the alien itself. There isn't much left but a green splat. Kelly finally turns into the sniper he is and takes out an Alien that was trying to move up and get a clean shot at CW.

CW moves over and hits Lopez with a medkit. It's amazing technology as Lopez starts to heal up almost immediately.

I order a slow movement up towards the area the last two aliens come from and we catch sight of the large UFO. We slowly move towards a few holes we see in the hull. CW get's close enough to catch something in the UFO, it was gold and moved quick. He points out where it ducked to the rest of the squad.

Lopez moves up and fires from behind a tree missing. Kelly moves up and hides behind a piece of the hull stuck in the ground. He snaps a shot off with his pistol and hits the alien.

Alien steps out from behind the cover. Oh my, our scientists are going nuts about this being saying it is made of energy or something. CW doesn't hear anything because he is focused on the beam that is coming right at him. It rips him in the chest and the only thing that saved him was his last minute turn trying to pull a matrix move. He panics and rips a shot off into nowhere.

Lopez opens up with the LMG shredding the alien behind it's cover but not taking it down, dang this thing is tough!

Law has enough and runs up with grenade in hand and tosses it right where the alien is, tearing out a hole in the side of the UFO but killing the alien.

They squad finishes a sweep of the ship and surrounding area and it's empty.

We ended up killing 5 aliens and not sustaining any casualties.

Lopez is promoted to Corporal
Kelly is promoted to Corporal
Law is promoted to Squaddie Sniper

Lopez is out of commission for 5 days while Coffee Warlord will be out for 14 days, but he is quite relieved he was able to survive.

Our recovery efforts nabbed us:

4 Sectoid Corpses
25 Elerium
50 Alien Alloys
4 Weapon Frags
2 UFO Flight Computers
UFO Power Source
Old 11-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice haul, those crash site recoveries net some nice coin on the gray market
Old 11-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #22
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The Arc Thrower research is complete and I order one built. Our satellite is complete as well, we launch it for India.

We are then advised of Alien abductions. We have the following areas calling for help:

Lille, France (Panic 2, Difficult, $200)
Mexico City, Mexico (Panic 2, Difficult, 4 Scientists)
Hong Kong, China (Panic 2, Moderate, Sgt. Assault)

Still wanting to get some guys trained up and everyone is equal in panic level so I send the squad off to Hong Kong.

Mission 4
Commanders Log 2015.3.26

I compile the following squad:

Sq. Deacon Palmer (Sniper)
Cpl. Roberto Lopez (Heavy)
Rk. Shane Sexton
Rk. Deacon Palmer (Medkit)

We touchdown on the corner of a shopping district. I immediately send Lopez to set up behind a delivery truck and he has contact with 2 sectoids inside the corner store. The aliens scramble, one breaks out a window and runs behind a corner the other drops back behind some shelves inside.

Sexton moves up, hides behind a pod and fires, missing. Law moves up and does the same missing with his pistol. Palmer moves up behind a car and misses as well.

The alien pops out from behind the corner of the building and shoots at Palmer missing. I send Lopez around the side of the truck and he sees the alien in the store with it's back to him. He unleashes hell with the LMG and tears the little guy apart.

Law fires with his rifle, shredding the side of the building a bit, but missing. Sexton moves behind a car and tosses a grenade at the corner. It explodes taking out the side of the building and wastes the alien.

I move the guys to inside the shop so there can be a good solid base to set up from. We pick up some noise north of us. We moves towards that direction and we have contact with 2 more sectoids. Lopez wastes one through the wall, it is pulverized from the LMG. Palmer moves to the window, taking cover and misses the other alien.

The alien moves up, taking cover behind a garbage can and the building. He fires and hits Palmer. Palmer, bleeding a little moves back into the building. Sexton runs over to where Palmer was and sends some lead towards the alien catching it in the chest and dropping it immediately.

We asses the wounds on Palmer and not having them life threatening move up to the alleyway where the two sectoids came from. We then hear some noise from the building next door. We approach the back door, setting up a decent perimeter.

The aliens must have grown tired of waiting as they try to bust out the back door and they do it right into our arms. Lopez empties his LMG into one sectoid and the other runs to take cover behind a dumpster.

Lopez drops the gun and pulls a pin on a grenade lobbing it over right into the lap of the alien. BOOM! Nothing left but green parts.

Clean up of the site after that went flawless.

6 Aliens killed and 0 casualties was nice.

Recovery of 6 corpses and 8 weapon fragments.

Lopez was promoted to Sgt.
Sexton was promoted to Squaddie Sniper

China reduced Panic by 1
Panic increased in North America and Europe

We received Sgt. Kaun-Yin Pang from China for our assistance.

Palmer will be out for 7 days

We are now able to build an Officer Training School.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #23
Grover
Pro Starter

Nice couple of missions in a row. Looking good.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Mission 5
Commanders Log 2015.3.27

No sooner does the Skyranger land back at HQ when I am called into a council meeting.

It appears the aliens have planted a large ass bomb right in the middle of a bridge in France. We are asked to dispose of it and any aliens.

What else am I to do except to say aye-aye.

I tell Law and Lopez to stay dressed and pick two others to go. Our squad for this is:

Sq. Da Law (Sniper)
Sgt. Roberto Lopez (Heavy)
Rk. Slag Rooney
Sq. Mar Mel (Support)

We touchdown at the south end of the bridge and have 2 power cells fairly close but the rest are a ways away.

Lopez moves up and covers while Slag moves up to one source and disarms it. Law and Mel move over to the left to get to the other source. Law catches a new human looking alien. The alien moves to flank.

Rooney moves over to the other power source and disarms it and drops back. Another thin man moves over to flank Rooney and Lopez.

Mel shoots and hits the alien on their side as it moves to flank. The alien then drops a poison bomb on Law. Mel watches with intensity as the alien sets up behind a car. Mel takes aim through the front window and empties into the alien.

Lopez moves up towards another power source and has contact with 2 sectoids. We now have a thin man and 2 sectoids in the way of most of the power sources. I get Slag to move up to one.

I am informed by control the bomb is almost armed, I am relying on a rookie now to help save us. An alien pulls up and shoots and hits Slag and he does the rookie thing and panics, firing wildly and then hunkering down. The squad tries to get to the power source and disarm it without fear of their well being.

Law takes a shot in the head and drops, another alien moves and takes out Rooney. Lopez and Mel realize it's futile and I order them to drop back. The bomb is already armed and this mission is a waste. They get into the Skyranger and take off.

As we fly away from France, I only know they will be in full panic mode from this blast.

1 Alien killed and 2 Casualties plus a failed mission, not our best day.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #25
MacroGuru
Coordinator

March Council Report

France withdraws due to the failed mission and the council is not happy about it. We are given a B rating for the month, with the last mission deducting the worst to our grade.

We receive around $305 and 2 Engineers for the new month. I order construction on the Alien Containment facility and Officers Training School.

I also order the study of Beam Weapons now that we finish up Weapons Fragment research. We are now able to produce SCOPE.

The Panic Levels are as follows:

US 2
Canada 3
Mexico 4
Argentina 4
Brazil 3
UK 2
Russia 2
Germany 2
China 1
Japan 2
India 1
Australia 2
Egypt 2
South Africa 2
Nigeria 1

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-04-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn rookie!! respawn on Rooney please with his brother Tig Rooney.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Damn rookie!! respawn on Rooney please with his brother Tig Rooney.

Yeah, and if would have taken his laser beam like a good boy, he would have been able to disarm the power source and we would be just fine.....
Old 11-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

...I lived?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #29
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
...I lived?

Hey, you haven't died yet in mine
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
...I lived?

Yes you did, and I was excited for you.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #31
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Hey, you haven't died yet in mine

Due to the large number of orders, the Coffee Warlord Combat Cloning Facility occasionally gets confused as to which Coffee Warlord Units are active and which units are in need of replacing.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #32
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Mission 6
Commanders Log 2015.4.01

We scramble an interceptor to meet a UFO over Nigeria. It is a quick battle and the UFO is dropped. We scramble the following squad to the Skyranger:

Sgt. Kuan-Yin Pang (Assault)
Rk. Ardent Enthusiast
Sq. Shane Sexton (Sniper)

We land just south of the UFO and AE is sent to the North. When he hits a spot for overwatch he catches sight of 3 sectoids and fires away missing. They move to flank AE and he spins and fires, dropping one.

Pang misses and they move up more with one of them firing at Sexton missing. Sexton returns fire and hits with his pistol. Lopez roars a shot with the LMG missing and AE misses. Pang notices the two sectoids are grouped together and runs up tossing a grenade and eliminating them both. While he does this it appears that 3 Floaters were pulled out of their cover and move up on the squad.

Lopez spots one and drops it immediately. AE misses while Pang turns and wheels on a 2nd and kills it. Lopez is left alone and tries to down the last one but misses and his body is shredded by the last floater, dropping to the ground and slowly bleeding out.

Pang moves up and takes the clean shot from behind and blows the damn thing up.

We wipe out 6 aliens and suffer 0 operator casualties.

Ardent Enthusiast is promoted to Squaddie Support.

Lopez is gravely wounded and will be out for 14 days.

We recovered:

3 Sectoid Corpses
3 Floater Corpses
21 Elerium
94 Alien Alloys
10 Weapon Fragments
3 UFO Flight Computers
2 Power Sources

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-05-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #33
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We finalize the Alien Containment facility as well as Officer Training School which we promptly take advantage of by adding an additional squad member and training on wet work (25% XP increase).

We start digging an access lift and excavating because I want to get another power generator and satellite up-link going.

We are notified of Alien Abductions taking place:

Dallas, USA Moderate Panic 2 $200
Johannesburg, South Africa Moderate Panic 2 4 Engineers
Shanghai, China Moderate Panic 1 Assault Sgt

The money and the US is needed more than the Engineers right now. Besides, we should keep South Africa fairly low with it being so close.

Mission 7
Commanders Log 2015.04.09

Squad that is selected for the mission is:

Cpl Duane Kelly (Sniper)
Sgt Kuan-Yin Pang (Assault)
Sq Ardent Enthusiast (Support w/ Arc Thrower)
Sq Shane Sexton (Sniper w/ S.C.O.P.E.)
Rk. Ren Snow w/ Medkit

We land down in the middle of a shopping complext. We believe in the move and wait game which the squad does. We are all set whn 2 floaters attempt to scare the hell out of the squad, They are startled and miss on their over watch coverage.

AE moves and misses. Pang moves to covers AE and wakes up some dirty man. Right now we see Floaters, Sectoids and thin men beginning to emerge. Sexton fires and missis.

Kelly takes out the floater
sectoid shoots @ AE and missies
Pang is killed by thin man from a flanking shoot. Ren Panics

Sexton drops thin man
Kelly headshots a floater
AE moves up and misses.

Thin man shoots at Ren missing

Alien hits AE as he moves to positiion.

Ren drops a thin man,
AE IS PUT INTO CRITICAL CHANCE Of dYING.

Sexton drops thin man

Sexton Head shots an alien and Kelly moves up with his pistols

The aliens shoot at Kelly and misses. Kelly tosses a grenade and destroys what he needed to do.

6 Aliens Killed
1 Squadmate Down

Sexton promoted to cpl
Kelly promoted to Sgt
Snow promoted Sq. Heavy

AE Is out for 11 days.

2 sectoids
2 floaters
2 thin men
10 Weapons Frags

Panic Decreases in Us by 1
Panic Increases in Asia
Panic Increase in Africa

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-05-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

We want more Palmer... Either that or prettier nurses!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #35
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Fox McCloud, Male, Scotland (if you are taking newbies)
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #36
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Working on it...now that I can get 5 into the squad, I am trying to get the rookies in to bump them up in rank...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #37
BYU 14
Coordinator

Cool, Rooney is chomping at the bit

It is tough bringing more than 1 or 2 rookies along after that first month, things just ramp up dificulty wise.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #38
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Cool, Rooney is chomping at the bit

It is tough bringing more than 1 or 2 rookies along after that first month, things just ramp up dificulty wise.

I think so...It's why I tend to run the vets a little to long. But I think a good mix of vet and rookie will help out a lot.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Mission 8
Commanders Log 2015.04.14

We are called to action due to the news cast of the aliens changing tactics and going in for an out right attack in Mendoza, Argentina. It's at a Panic level of 4 and very difficult. We have no choice but to save them.

The squad consists of:

Sq. Mar Mel (Support)
Sq. Ren Snow (Heavy)
Cpl. Shane Sexton (Sniper)
Sgt. Duane Kelly (Sniper)
Rk. Coffee Warlord with Medkit

We are in an area that contains about 18 civilians that need to be rescued, and it is on a freeway interchange going into the city. Cars are overturned, parts of the overpass are collapsed and there is a large Billboard off to the left.

We start to move forward slowly, going into over watch. The aliens make themselves known immediately, these weird looking crawlers come out right at us. Our scientists call them Chryssalids, I will just call them crawlers.

With the crawlers moving towards the squad, they all unleash on it, Sexton hits it and Ren hits it, the thing is tough!

Warlord moves up and finishes it off and Sexton rips towards the other one hitting it. The other crawler drops back and you can hear it attack and kill a civilian.

In the meantime, Kelly and CW saves two civilians while another one is lost. Sexton is standing over watch as the last crawler comes back into view, he takes aim with the rifle and drops it immediately with a head shot. Sexton then moves to high ground going up on the Billboard.

CW moves forward saving 2 civilians while everyone keeps watch. That is when 2 Floaters make themselves known. They move towards the group, CW misses and Kelly hits one with a head shot. The floater call down two more and now we are sitting at 3 floaters and they all move towards the group and the civilians that the squad is trying to protect.

Kelly misses and Ren realizing the gravity of the situation drops the LMG and pulls out the rocket, sending a shot right in between 2 of the floaters. The resulting explosion and chaos sends the bodies of the 2 across the bridge and up against an overturned tanker. That leaves one more that tries to scramble away, CW wounds it in its haste to escape.

The squad starts rescuing civilians and moving towards where the last floater ducked. As we get about halfway to the other 2 corpses the floater comes out and tries to bum rush us. Kelly was ready and drops the sucker.

Command informs me and everyone else there are no other alien life forms detected in the area. We walk around and make sure all civilians are safe. Quite a success if you ask me rescuing 16 and only losing 2 civilians. The squad took out 6 aliens and managed to stay alive AND unharmed.

Sexton was promoted to Sgt.
Kelly was promoted to Lt.
Snow was promoted to Cpl.
Mel was promoted to Cpl.
CW was promoted to Squaddie Assault.

We recovered:

4 Floaters
2 Chryssalids
4 Weapon Frags

Panic in Argentina dropped by 3 and decreased across South America.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 11-06-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #40
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice job and damn the Chryssalids for showing up, hate those suckers.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #41
Grover
Pro Starter

Sgt. Sexton, bad ass. That was a ruthlessly efficient mission.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:55 PM   #42
MacroGuru
Coordinator

It was an amazing mission, the Chryssalids charged right at us while we were on over watch. It could have been a nightmare if they didn't or we would have missed, they were right in the middle of the squad when they charged.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #43
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey hey, looks like the Coffee Warlord Combat Unit Facility is starting to pump out some better models finally.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #44
RendeR
Coordinator

Fire a rocket into a bug hole, you get a lot of dead bugs.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #45
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We are alerted to some more alien abductions, this time they are in:

Cairo, Egypt Panic 3 Difficult, 4 Engineers
Munich, Germany Panic 2 Moderate, Sgt. Sniper
Brasilia, Brazil Panic 1 Easy, $200

I do not need another Sniper right now and Brazil is only at a 1 so we head out to Cairo.

Mission 9
Commanders Log 2015.04.16

I call up:

Cpl. Mar Mel (Support)
Cpl. Ren Snow (Heavy)
Sgt. Shane Sexton (Sniper)
Sq. Coffee Warlord (Assault)
Rk. Deacon Palmer

We touch down at the end of a long city street with cars emptied throughout. We slowly start a movement up the road, we have Ren moving on the left, Shane and Coffee in the middle and Mel and Palmer on the right.

We have contact pretty quickly with 2 sectoids on the left and 2 thin men on the right. They all scramble.

Mel lines up a thin man in his sites and shreds his chest sending him flying backwards. Palmer lines up the other thin man and wounds him sending him in retreat mode.

Sectoid shoots at Palmer, missing and then moves up but Ren catches him with the LMG and puts it down.

Mel begins to move up, but forgot about the thin man and takes a nasty hit in the left shoulder. He slams up against the side of a cop car and peeks over and sees 2 more thin men to the left.

Palmer moves towards Mel to support, he shoots and misses.
Sexton is in the middle in cover behind a car, he moves to the left, catches site of a thin man and fires, hitting and wounding.

Ren moves up a little more and exposes 2 floaters. So thinking about it, we now have 1 Sectoid, 3 thin men and 2 floaters against the 5 of us, I like the odds, especially when Ren likes to make things go boom. He does just that tossing a grenade into the middle of 2 floaters and a thin man. The thin man explodes and the floater is wounded. CW and Mel both miss their targets.

A Floater moves so fast he ends up behind Ren while another moves and starts sending suppressing fire at Sexton. What the floater that landed behind Ren didn't realize was he was in range for CW. CW makes a flanking move and is within Arc Thrower range and stuns the floater! We have captured a live alien!

Ren moves to the right of the car he is behind, pops out of cover and takes out the floater suppressing Sexton.

Mel draws a bead on a thin man and misses, the thin man returns fire ripping into Mel's chest. Mel slumps to the ground and is bleeding out. We do not have a lot of time, but since Mel was our support no one else had a med kit. We have to wipe the aliens out.

Palmer moves up and takes out the thin man as does Sexton. The sectoid is moving and evading while we try to corner it. It finally gets tired and tries to flank on the left and fires at CW missing. CW returns fire and Palmer moves towards it in a flanking maneuver and takes it out.

As Palmer drops the alien, command lets us know Mel bleeds out....Damnit.

8 Aliens Killed
1 Operator Killed

Sexton is promoted to Lt.
Snow is promoted to Sgt.
CW is promoted to Cpl.
Palmer is promoted to Squaddie Support.

We were able to recover:

Light Plasma Rifle
2 Sectoids
Floater
4 Thin Man
1 Floater Captured
12 Weapon Fragments

Panic increased in South America and Europe while it decreased by 2 in Egypt.

We immediately stop research on Beam Weapons and move to interrogate the Floater.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #46
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Mission 10
Commanders Log 2015.04.26

We have interrogated the Floater and all he did was get our scientist's panties in knots about capturing one of those damn "all energy" beings. Not going to happen anytime soon docs.

We are alerted to a UFO landing in India and send out a squad to investigate.

Sgt. Ren Snow (Heavy)
Lt. Shane Sexton (Sniper)
Cpl. Coffee Warlord (Assault)
Sq. Deacon Palmer (Support)

We have high ground on the left and immediately move to that area. It's maybe a couple of minutes into our movement and CW has contact with 3 sectoids causing them to scramble. Deacon moves up and fires, missing.

The aliens move and try to get themselves into position taking fire from Lopez and avoiding injury. One fires and hits Snow, sending him into a crazed panic where he runs away. Another fires at Sexton and misses.

Sexton is pissed, takes aim and obliterates a sectoids head. Palmer moves up and kills another. CW sets up for a run and gun and hits the last sectoid, who is up on a cliff.

The alien is in good cover and position and fires at Palmer, missing. Palmer returns fire shredding the tree next to the alien and Lopez sends a barrage of bullets missing too.

The alien tries to get Palmer, but misses. He did succeed in stalling us out as 3 floaters proceed to drop down next to the sectoid. Lopez eliminates their curiosity as he sends a rocket right into the middle of the 3 floaters and send them all back to where they came from. In the meantime, Snow has moved over by Palmer so he can receive some treatment which Palmer does, telling him to "Stop whining like a little bitch".

The sectoid takes off in a retreating action and disappears. The squad moves up slowly, taking their time and setting up a nice perimeter around the UFO. Finally, I order CW up to some cover by the door, he is partially in cover and sees one of the "all energy" aliens and fires away hitting it.

The wounds pissed the alien off and heightened it's focus as it moves up and sends a fusillade of Plasma towards CW and catches him with every shot. There is no chance to heal as CW's heart, lungs and well, all internal organs are all melted.

Palmer is able to catch the alien and drops him. Dr. Vahlen goes ape shit on me and the squad about not capturing him, and Palmer says something like "tough shit, come out her yourself" and she shuts up.

Palmer moves up to the door and that damn sectoid that we wounded pops up and hits him. A strategic mistake. Palmer hits his cover, pops out and takes him down, right by the power source.

We proceed with a tactical entry into the UFO and find no one there. We do hear noise outside the back of the UFO and move to exit out one of the entrances. It's Snow that catches the 3 sectoids back there.

They scramble and in the action Snow eliminates one, Palmer the other and Lopez finishes them off.

No other forms are found on our scan of the site.

10 Aliens Killed
1 Operator Killed

Palmer promoted to Cpl.
Lopez promoted to Lt.

Snow is out for 11 days
Palmer is out for 9 days

We have another amazing UFO haul:
6 Sectoids
3 Floaters
25 Elerium
60 Alien Alloys
14 Weapon Frags
2 UFO Flight Comps
UFO Power Source
Old 11-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #47
RendeR
Coordinator

Just letem' keep bunching up around me. I like taking them in groups!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #48
RendeR
Coordinator

And OUCH......
Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #49
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Beam Research is complete and we are able to build laser pistols and rifles and I order the engineering team to build 3 each.

We focus on Alien materials next.

The UK requests 3 Arc Throwers for 3 Scientists which I quickly oblige.

April Monthly Report

April was an amazing month for us. We grade out with an A for the amazing work picking up $305 and 2 more engineers.

The Panic Levels for the world are:

US 1
Canada 1
Mexico 4
Argentina 2
Brazil 3
UK 3
Russia 3
Germany 4
China 3
Japan 3
India 1
Australia 3
Egypt 1
South Africa 4
Nigeria 2

Alien Material research is complete and we are able to build Nano Vests which I promptly order 3 made.

We shift our research to performing an autopsy on the Chryssalid.

The engineers are order to Build another Satellite as we just completed one. They are also set to build a Satellite Uplink and a Lab as they just finished a power generator.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #50
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Coffee Warlord Combat Unit Model 2241(X) Revision 2 Build B has been FedEx'd to X-Com HQ.

Please keep this mode away from open flames, and remember, its internal systems do not react well to ham. Please ensure all ham is kept a safe distance from the 2241(X) R2-B Unit.