Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2016, 02:14 PM   #3901
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Yikes. Rollercoaster Tycoon World getting hammered for being totally incomplete, even for an Early Access game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #3902
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Good deal this weekend on Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Picked up the collector's edition which actually gives you two copies so I was able to gift one copy to my daughter. That was cheaper than the original price of the standard edition.

Just scratching the surface of this game, but damn I love the depth and detail I feel so far. When I got into the first town I noticed a ship on fire in the harbor and men were trying futilely to put it out, so i decided to try casting an ice spell on it and it put the fire out. The sailors were stoked. Later i got into an argument with my traveling partner about whether or not to encourage someone to steal fish from a fish market and ended up having to play paper rock scissors to see who got their way. She did and now I feel terrible for telling him to steal fish, because he got arrested immediately after. This is as close to D&D as I have ever felt when playing a RPG.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #3903
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Good deal this weekend on Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition. Picked up the collector's edition which actually gives you two copies so I was able to gift one copy to my daughter. That was cheaper than the original price of the standard edition.

This has been on my wish list forever, but only because it is turn based, not because I really know anything about it. Is this Shadowrun/X-com like turn based? What should I know about this one? It is on sale until Monday so I need to make a decision on this one finally.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #3904
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yikes. Rollercoaster Tycoon World getting hammered for being totally incomplete, even for an Early Access game.

I noticed someone said it is basically RCT 3.5 Technically, wouldn't that be RCT 2.5.5?
Old 04-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #3905
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
This has been on my wish list forever, but only because it is turn based, not because I really know anything about it. Is this Shadowrun/X-com like turn based? What should I know about this one? It is on sale until Monday so I need to make a decision on this one finally.

I have no answer for that yet. I literally just bought it before posting that. Just installed it. Will let you know as much as I can when I try it later.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:04 PM   #3906
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post

Not really like X-com. It is a turn based RPG with a fairly deep strategy. There are many different approaches to any particular fight. Magical elements play a key role and can interact with the environment in interesting and useful ways. There are many solutions to most of the puzzles. For example, a chest might be on the other side of a locked gate. You might have the ability for your thief to pick the lock. You might have the opportunity for your mage to use telekinesis to reach the chest. Or, you might use a spell that lets you teleport people or things to reach it or have it come to you...

It was one of my most played and most enjoyed games in the last few years. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-01-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 08:46 PM   #3907
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Regarding Divinity: Original Sin. It is turn based, somewhat similar to XCom. You have action points that allow you to use multiple attacks in a turn. There is a little more freedom in the movement, since it is not based on a grid. You can also attack and move more than once per turn if you have the points for it. You can also carry over points from one turn to the next I believe. I haven't dug into it a whole lot just yet, but its the kind of game I think people wish Fallout 4 would be, with just more interesting stuff to do and more interesting ways to do it.

FUCK EA

Last edited by Julio Riddols : 04-01-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #3908
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I really enjoyed Divinity: Original Sin, too. I don't have great patience for games and I enjoyed every minute of it. Shadowrun is a pretty good comparison, as you explore the map in real time until you enter combat, when it becomes turn based.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #3909
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Legend DLC "Shifters" is out. A new race with some cool abilities during winter!

Game is 66% off as well as most of the DLC stuff, Shifters is 25% as well.

This is one of my favorite 4x games of all time!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #3910
sabotai
General Manager

Just bought Order of Battle: Pacific. I've only gone through some of the tutorial so far, but it was a "Panzer Corp" feel to it. It has two DLC out too. The main game, from the looks of it, covers the naval battles, 1st DLC is about Japan's land war in China and the 2nd DLC is about the US Marines and their fight to take the islands. Looks really promising so far.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:42 PM   #3911
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Just bought Order of Battle: Pacific. I've only gone through some of the tutorial so far, but it was a "Panzer Corp" feel to it. It has two DLC out too. The main game, from the looks of it, covers the naval battles, 1st DLC is about Japan's land war in China and the 2nd DLC is about the US Marines and their fight to take the islands. Looks really promising so far.

Checked it out.

When you get deeper into it, give us an idea of the learning curve and the replayability.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #3912
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Endless Legend DLC "Shifters" is out. A new race with some cool abilities during winter!

Game is 66% off as well as most of the DLC stuff, Shifters is 25% as well.

This is one of my favorite 4x games of all time!
Game looks cool but never bought it. I barely understand Civ 5 but love it so is this complicated? Good tutorial? A dumbass/beginner level?
The price is tempting.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #3913
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnk55 View Post
Game looks cool but never bought it. I barely understand Civ 5 but love it so is this complicated? Good tutorial? A dumbass/beginner level?
The price is tempting.

There is a tutorial.. it's been a long time since I played the tutorial, but I remember it being a good place to learn the game. There are difficulty settings as well. It can be daunting for a new player but after a few games, you should be able to understand most of the mechanics.

For a new player, I would start with the Wild Walkers faction.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 AM   #3914
frnk55
High School Varsity

^ thx. This will be a nice game to play as I watch the masters.
Old 04-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #3915
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
^ thx. This will be a nice game to play as I watch the masters.

Enjoy!!!
Old 04-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #3916
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I'm not sure if it is better to post here, or in the board games thread, but Twilight Struggle is now available on Steam, and 20% off through this weekend. Early reviews sound good, but I haven't played it yet.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 09:26 AM   #3917
PilotMan
Head Coach

Twilight Struggle is now on Steam ($15) and just got a great review from PC Gamer.

One of the best boardgames ever is on Steam, and it's great | PC Gamer

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 04-24-2016 at 11:30 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #3918
PilotMan
Head Coach

I'm gonna dola this post.

Re Rocket League

I've put it down for a month now. It's not that I don't want to play it. I had a bad run of performance and I needed to put it down. I decided to finally break down and order an XBox controller and I'm going to relearn the game with the controller. Once I'm back in form I'll be back to my ways. I'm just too damn competitive to suck on the M&K and as a devoted PC player, it really hurts to say that. Until then....

Like Steam?

Old 05-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #3919
PilotMan
Head Coach

Just going to bump this. Kerry is currently trying to get Pro Strategy Football Manager pushed through Greenlight on Steam so he could use any and all votes and comments that he can get.

Steam Greenlight :: Pro Strategy Football 2016!

An aside is that Clay is also trying to get Baseball Mogul on there. You can find his project for voting and commenting while you're at it.

Steam Greenlight :: Baseball Mogul Diamond

Like Steam?

Old 05-19-2016, 09:33 AM   #3920
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play Sword Coast Legends? It didn't get good reviews but they just released a free DLC and for $10 it looks interesting enough... maybe
Old 05-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #3921
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Anyone play Sword Coast Legends? It didn't get good reviews but they just released a free DLC and for $10 it looks interesting enough... maybe

Yeah, I played through it.

It could be worth $10? Maybe?

It was pretty bland and not terribly engaging. I had a good time playing it, but that's entirely because I played it on-line co-op with three good friends. Without the co-op experience, I doubt I would have played through it. Then again, I could say that for a whole host of games. (See, e.g., Battleborn).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 10:16 AM   #3922
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
From what I gather people expected much more which was due to poor marketing. So many of those people gave bad reviews even though it wasn't that bad.
It's always been on my radar and for 10 bucks I think I may buy it.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #3923
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yeah, I played through it.

It could be worth $10? Maybe?

It was pretty bland and not terribly engaging. I had a good time playing it, but that's entirely because I played it on-line co-op with three good friends. Without the co-op experience, I doubt I would have played through it. Then again, I could say that for a whole host of games. (See, e.g., Battleborn).

Quote:
From what I gather people expected much more which was due to poor marketing. So many of those people gave bad reviews even though it wasn't that bad.
It's always been on my radar and for 10 bucks I think I may buy it.

I've watched a few videos.. seems like a decent dungeon crawler and not a lot of clutter.

I have money in my Steam wallet, so I think I'll grab it tonight for $10. I've played worse games I'm sure that cost double and triple that.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #3924
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Can anyone tell me about Total War Warhammer? Game looks really awesome, but I've never played a TW game.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:59 PM   #3925
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Well there is a separate thread for it.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:36 PM   #3926
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Well there is a separate thread for it.

Thanks.. had no idea!
Old 05-24-2016, 04:43 PM   #3927
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Thought about getting a steam machine, but then I have this computer offered to me at $975. 8 Core intel Xeon 32 gb ram. 256 gb SS drive. 2 TB mechanical hardrive. With an NVIDA GTX 960 4gb. Does this setup seem worth 975?
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #3928
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
Thought about getting a steam machine, but then I have this computer offered to me at $975. 8 Core intel Xeon 32 gb ram. 256 gb SS drive. 2 TB mechanical hardrive. With an NVIDA GTX 960 4gb. Does this setup seem worth 975?

When ball parking the prices of the individual components you listed (plus things like motherboard, case, and power supply) I get about $900. So I guess 975 for an assembled machine isn't bad. I don't know really what else comes with a steam machine.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:05 AM   #3929
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I should add that the minimum power of the Rift Oculus is the GTX 970 which is at least $100 above your build.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #3930
frnk55
High School Varsity

I was checking out some user reviews for a game and noticed that a couple had over 4000 games but 90% of them no time invested.

WTF do these people do? Just collect them? I don't get it. I have some games I haven't played but very few. I only have 271 but that's over 8 years.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #3931
Ramzavail
College Starter

please don't ask. women collect shoes, nerds collect games. let me know if theres a game you want to buy, i probably have it at discount.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:01 AM   #3932
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
I only have 271 but that's over 8 years.

even that seems excessive.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #3933
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I only have 271 but that's over 8 years.

I have nowhere close to 4000 but feel that I have too many already and know that I won't finish a large percentage. Sad thing is that I am addicted to picking things up when they have the dirt cheap sales (things that I may try at some point).

Maybe there needs to be a Steam Anonymous.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #3934
Bobble
College Prospect

Sometimes the games come in batches, either a series that I've only started with The Adventures of Bobble I while II, III, and IV haven't been touched or it's something like Bobble's Treehouse series and I only like Wild West Bobble Treehouse. But, yeah, too many games, not enough time.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #3935
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
even that seems excessive.
Yeah, I hear ya. It's those deeply discounted games that get me
Old 05-27-2016, 12:05 PM   #3936
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have 285 games.

At least 30 of those are fake titles from packages I didn't want the whole thing though. Not too many. And there's a lot of casual games like AudioSurf or Windosillor Zen Bound in there too.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-27-2016 at 12:06 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #3937
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I tend to be more spread out with mygames stuff. A handful fo game/series bring me back like Eu and FM, but most aren't like that.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #3938
Radii
Head Coach

I've stopped buying games in steam sales entirely. If I want to play a game right now, I will pay whatever it happens to cost right now. If I'm not going to play it right now I won't buy it. The $20 extra I paid for Dark Souls 3 is more than cancelled out by the 15-20 games I used to buy during a steam sale b/c "oh this is $5, why not".

Last edited by Radii : 05-27-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #3939
cuervo72
Head Coach

I just buy games I know I want to play, but then I may or may not actually wind up playing them.

Games I recall buying "recently" are EU4, CK2, Civ V, OOTP 15 (soon to be 17). Of course my ancient computer can hardly play the first two, so all I do is watch videos of them and buy DLC when it's on sale. Will buy Stellaris but need my son to build me a computer first.
Old 05-27-2016, 01:45 PM   #3940
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I've stopped buying games in steam sales entirely. If I want to play a game right now, I will pay whatever it happens to cost right now. If I'm not going to play it right now I won't buy it. The $20 extra I paid for Dark Souls 3 is more than cancelled out by the 15-20 games I used to buy during a steam sale b/c "oh this is $5, why not".

Yes. My buying frenzy ended a while ago. Game overload. Mostly, I am down to just stuff I want to actually play because my game playing time is waaaay down.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #3941
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i've been doing more bundles lately...cause you get more for a tiny bit o money
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 02:42 PM   #3942
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
i've been doing more bundles lately...cause you get more for a tiny bit o money

Thats how I have been doing things. I wait til I see a game or group of games I am interested in, then I buy a bundle.

FUCK EA
Old 05-27-2016, 04:51 PM   #3943
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

My most played gamse as of today are:

Banished - 73 hours
Blood Bowl Legendary 68 hours
Card CIty Nights 33
Cities - ky 26
Craft the World 69 hours
CK2 74
Don't Starve 174 hours
EU4 250
Fallout 4 201
Fallout New Vegas 106
Final Fantasy VII 59
FM 2012 261
FM 2014 480
FM 2016 604
FOF7 1871 hours
King's Bounty Armored Princess 46
KB - The Legend 59
KB Warriors of te North 47
Might and Magic X 67 hours
M&m Clash of Heroes 27
Pillars of Eternity 40
PvZ 18
Rebuild 3: Gangs ofo Deadsville 46 hours
RCT3 79 hours
Space Pirates and Zombies 38 hours
KOTOT II 40
STellaris 43 hours
Sunless Sea 48 hours
Tales of Maj'Eyal - 91 hours
Tropico 3 95 hours
Tropico 4 58 hours
UFO: ET GOld 41 hours
Wasteland 2 58 hours
Westward IV 41 hours
Xenonauts 26 hours
XCoM Enemy Unknown 23 hours

So as you can see, very few games break that 100 hour mark for me.

Old 05-28-2016, 10:18 AM   #3944
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Miasmata in the greenlight offer seems like a good survival game, any of you played it?

I was looking for something unique, grabbing it, and it's pretty good as long as you have the right expectations.

For example, you are sick and weak. You can;t jump very high, you can't climb a lot, when you run, it takes a few steps o stop, you'll drawn in water for a short period of time, you'll fall and tumble down hills and elevation and lose your bearings. It's not INSERT FPS HERE. Instead, it's an exploration, survival game with the requirement to find, and make medicine, that makes you progressively better.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...w/#more-135289

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-28-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:55 AM   #3945
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play Duskers?

Pilot drones into derelict spaceships to find the means to survive and piece together how the universe became a giant graveyard.

I watched a LP of the game.. seems pretty neat.. kind of an Alien sci-fi feel to it.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:00 AM   #3946
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
My most played gamse as of today are:

Banished - 73 hours
Blood Bowl Legendary 68 hours
Card CIty Nights 33
Cities - ky 26
Craft the World 69 hours
CK2 74
Don't Starve 174 hours
EU4 250
Fallout 4 201
Fallout New Vegas 106
Final Fantasy VII 59
FM 2012 261
FM 2014 480
FM 2016 604
FOF7 1871 hours
King's Bounty Armored Princess 46
KB - The Legend 59
KB Warriors of te North 47
Might and Magic X 67 hours
M&m Clash of Heroes 27
Pillars of Eternity 40
PvZ 18
Rebuild 3: Gangs ofo Deadsville 46 hours
RCT3 79 hours
Space Pirates and Zombies 38 hours
KOTOT II 40
STellaris 43 hours
Sunless Sea 48 hours
Tales of Maj'Eyal - 91 hours
Tropico 3 95 hours
Tropico 4 58 hours
UFO: ET GOld 41 hours
Wasteland 2 58 hours
Westward IV 41 hours
Xenonauts 26 hours
XCoM Enemy Unknown 23 hours

So as you can see, very few games break that 100 hour mark for me.

I've got Civ 5 with 1,718 hours and #2 is EU4 with 89.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #3947
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
I've got Civ 5 with 1,718 hours and #2 is EU4 with 89.
You must be a kick ass civ player! Most hours I have is with Morrowind with 1160.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:29 AM   #3948
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Only 2 games over 100 hours:

1) Skyrim 164 (took over the top spot earlier this year that was held for years)
2) WWSM 2009 163 (held the top spot for about 7 years)
3) Plants vs. Zombies 94 (mostly from my kids playing but I have some of those hours)
4) Town of Salem 93 (also mostly from my kids but I probably have half of those hours)
5) Ticket to Ride 87 (youngest daughter has some of those hours but I have a lot)
6) OOTP 15 80
7) FOF 7 69
8) FM 2011 64
9) CS:GO 60
10) FM 2014 60
11) Stardew Valley 52 (this one is going to be nearing that top 10 list)
Old 06-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #3949
Critch
lolzcat

There's a theme in my most played games list, can anybody spot it?:

1) Football Manager 2012 - 2,224 hours
2) Football Manager 2013 - 1,708 hours
3) Football Manager 2011 - 1,313 hours
4) Football Manager 2014 - 763 hours
5) Football Manager 2015 - 655 hours
6) Football Manager 2016 - 575 hours
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #3950
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
There's a theme in my most played games list, can anybody spot it?:

1) Football Manager 2012 - 2,224 hours
2) Football Manager 2013 - 1,708 hours
3) Football Manager 2011 - 1,313 hours
4) Football Manager 2014 - 763 hours
5) Football Manager 2015 - 655 hours
6) Football Manager 2016 - 575 hours

Years, they all have a year in the title??????