Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2015, 10:17 AM   #751
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Thank you Arte Moreno.

Angels: You're welcome, cartman.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #752
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
only a month
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:58 AM   #753
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
only a month

Yeah, keep fucking that chicken lol.

New year, same Josh.

It will take him at least a week longer than projected to come back, and then another three weeks before he starts to look normal hitting the ball "rounding into shape", then he'll get hot for a week and then slump until mid-August--when he will suffer some kind of oblique injury and miss the rest of the year on a "day to day" basis.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-04-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #754
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, keep fucking that chicken lol.

New year, same Josh.

It will take him at least a week longer than projected to come back, and then another three weeks before he starts to look normal hitting the ball "rounding into shape", then he'll get hot for a week and then slump until mid-August--when he will suffer some kind of oblique injury and miss the rest of the year on a "day to day" basis.

Doesn't matter, even if Hamilton retires tomorrow, the Rangers already got better value from him than LAA.

Hamilton with Angels: 2.9 WAR for ~$100M = they paid $34M per W
Hamilton with Tex in 7 games: 0.5 WAR for ~$8M = they paid $16M per W

Plus, every day Hamilton sits on the DL, the check he's getting from LAA is still more than the check he's getting from Tex.

Unless Hamilton gets the entire roster hooked on the rock, there's no way Tex will end up regretting that deal.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 06-04-2015 at 11:08 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #755
Subby
lolzcat

"Unless Hamilton gets the entire roster hooked on the rock, there's no way Tex will end up regretting that deal."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg (38.5 KB, 310 views)
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #756
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Doesn't matter, even if Hamilton retires tomorrow, the Rangers already got better value from him than LAA.

Plus, every day Hamilton sits on the DL, the check he's getting from LAA is still more than the check he's getting from Tex.

Unless Hamilton gets the entire roster hooked on the rock, there's no way Tex will end up regretting that deal.

Duh.

Everyone knows the Angels got screwed on the deal with Hamilton. The thing I find funny is anyone thinking the Rangers really are going to get anything.

He's not costing them a lot, because frankly, he's not worth a lot.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #757
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

Pretty much this. Like I said after the deal got announced, even if he hits .250 with 15 homers each season, the Rangers made out like bandits. If you just took what the Rangers are paying him, his salary would barely break the top 400 in the league.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #758
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Pretty much this. Like I said after the deal got announced, even if he hits .250 with 15 homers each season, the Rangers made out like bandits. If you just took what the Rangers are paying him, his salary would barely break the top 400 in the league.
Except that if he does that, it's not even replacement level for an OF and they are likely losing production from someone else because they feel compelled to play Hamilton.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 11:48 AM   #759
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Except that if he does that, it's not even replacement level for an OF and they are likely losing production from someone else because they feel compelled to play Hamilton.

For a starter yes, but for someone coming off the bench, $2 million per isn't much at all in today's game for that level of production.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 PM   #760
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
For a starter yes, but for someone coming off the bench, $2 million per isn't much at all in today's game for that level of production.

The Rangers have already shown they are inclined to start him when he's healthy.

Moot point, though--he won't be.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #761
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Is it? Kole Calhoun is at .266/.325/.396 and has a wRC+ of 108. Curtis Granderson isn't a great style match, but his .225/.335/.358 is right at league average. .250 & 15-20 HR's might not be that bad.

Btw, Paul Goldschmidt is up at a .470 OBP too? Damn.

And in depressing Red Sox news, out of 169 qualified hitters we have #'s 53, 73, 131, 148, 151, 157, 159 in BABIP. Not all of that is luck (shifts hurt Ortiz more than others f.e.) but jeez, the pitchers came back to the mean as predicted (and Rodriguez looks great), but it's paired with an equally horrific offensive slump that no one saw coming. Good thing we're in the weakest division in baseball!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #762
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Astros are getting rid of that ridiculous flag and hill at the end of the season.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #763
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The Astros are getting rid of that ridiculous flag and hill at the end of the season.

It's about freaking time.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #764
JeeberD
General Manager

Sad day...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 PM   #765
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Nooooo!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #766
Tellistto
College Prospect

Very nice 2 game start to a career from Chi Chi Gonzalez for Texas. 3 hit complete game shut out tonight, not a single ball hit hard. Nothing straight to the plate. Solid solid.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #767
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kershaw was lights out today. Not de Groom potential good, but pretty darn good
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:42 AM   #768
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Kershaw was lights out today. Not de Groom potential good, but pretty darn good

Was a great game overall, Garcia pitched well.. not Kershaw well.. but good nonetheless!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #769
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Gerrit Cole was only about 2/3 of a deGromm today but he still survived

Last edited by stevew : 06-07-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #770
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Matt Wieters hit one of his last homers as an Oriole today.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #771
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

you think they will trade him at the deadline? I think they keep him the next 3 months

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #772
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Correa getting the call up tomorrow.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #773
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
you think they will trade him at the deadline? I think they keep him the next 3 months

I think they'll probably keep him and watch him go as an FA. Angelos has always had a hard time letting go of his players when there's even a hint of a playoff run in the team. Even back in the 2000's, when there was no hint, he'd block trades all the time.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #774
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Gerrit Cole was only about 2/3 of a deGromm today but he still survived

If that's DeGromm at his best, Cole might have still had a no hitter.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #775
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Happy day!

Edit: And Vince Valasquez, too...

Last edited by JeeberD : 06-08-2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #776
PilotMan
Head Coach

Justin Verlander gave away part of his signing bonus for milk : theCHIVE

Quote:
Although 10th grade was a long time ago for Justin Verlander, it was obvious even then that he was going to make it. That’s why his best friend Daniel Hicks, after being asked by Verlander for 50 cents for a chocolate milk, made a counter offer. If he gave him the two quarters, Verlander would pay him back with 0.1 percent of his signing bonus when he went pro. They inked the deal on a napkin and the debt was official.

Luckily for Hicks, Verlander ended up clocking a $3 million signing bonus when he signed with the Tigers. Hicks and Verlander are still best friends, but Verlander had long forgotten about the debt. Well, until Hicks came over and whipped out the tattered napkin and collected his $3,000 on what has to be the best ROI ever. What did Verlander have to say about his debt?
“Was a chocolate milk worth $3,000? I want to say yes. I was parched.”

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:30 PM   #777
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Love watching the games during the Father's Day road trip the Royals have each year. All players are allowed to invite 'Dad' along on the road trip closest to Father's Day. It doesn't necessarily have to be their actual dad. Could be a father figure or in-law. They get all expenses paid and get to travel with the team for the entire road trip (nine games this year).

What makes it fun is watching the various dads react to their son's plays. You can tell they love it. Usually catch them on camera giving high-fives to other dads too.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:38 PM   #778
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Love watching the games during the Father's Day road trip the Royals have each year. All players are allowed to invite 'Dad' along on the road trip closest to Father's Day. It doesn't necessarily have to be their actual dad. Could be a father figure or in-law. They get all expenses paid and get to travel with the team for the entire road trip (nine games this year).

What makes it fun is watching the various dads react to their son's plays. You can tell they love it. Usually catch them on camera giving high-fives to other dads too.

Yeah. It's a cool thing. A bunch of teams have been doing this for a while. I think the Red Wings started doing father road trips back in 2005 or so. It's good stuff.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #779
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

All-Star Voting update is out. Royals now have seven of the nine starters, with Eric Hosmer bumping Miguel Cabrera out of the starting lineup.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/129318...ll-star-voting
Old 06-08-2015, 10:51 PM   #780
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

It's really kind of an indicator how shitty and fairweather the Royal fan base is that they can't even muster up the effort to vote Omar Infante in. What the fuck is an All-Star, if you're going to ignore the guy with the .230 OBP?

Last edited by Shkspr : 06-08-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:20 AM   #781
Izulde
Head Coach

I bet deGrom can't do what this guy does. I also expect to see Atlantis announced as an expansion team next year, and this guy the #1 pick in the expansion draft.

Newspaper celebrates MLB's first amphibious pitcher - SBNation.com

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:32 AM   #782
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If he's a half deGromm with each arm does that make him a full deGromm or does he also need to be on?
Old 06-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #783
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
It's really kind of an indicator how shitty and fairweather the Royal fan base is that they can't even muster up the effort to vote Omar Infante in. What the fuck is an All-Star, if you're going to ignore the guy with the .230 OBP?

They can vote all day and night with their Google Fiber so it's unfair.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:11 AM   #784
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
All-Star Voting update is out. Royals now have seven of the nine starters, with Eric Hosmer bumping Miguel Cabrera out of the starting lineup.

And the all-star game becomes even more unwatchable

Alex Rios in 4th place!!! HAHA
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #785
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

if the KC area keeps this up, MLB's gonna take our voting rights away.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 06-09-2015 at 09:55 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 AM   #786
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

David Glass is rolling over in his grave thinking about the number of All-Star bonuses he'll have to pay. You have to figure Wood and Holland are shoe-ins as well.

Wait, David Glass isn't dead yet?

The other thing making me happy is Joe Buck having to unhappily announce all those Royals players for a few innings.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:29 PM   #787
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Hopefully they take all fans voting rights away or make it count for 25% or something like that.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 PM   #788
Logan
Head Coach

The Mets' "offense" is allowing something special to occur through 8 tonight...if you're interested in tuning in.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #789
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
The Mets' "offense" is allowing something special to occur through 8 tonight...if you're interested in tuning in.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #790
Logan
Head Coach

Wonder how many fans aren't switching over from the Finals game. You guys have been spoiled.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:41 PM   #791
Logan
Head Coach

That's a generous backwards K there.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #792
Easy Mac

No one has hit more than 2 batters in a complete game while not allowing a hit
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #793
Logan
Head Coach

Congrats to Heston.

If I'm Collins, I fine Granderson and Tejada their game checks for those attempted at bats.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:50 PM   #794
kingfc22
Head Coach

First Giants rookie since 1912 to throw a no-no.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 06-09-2015 at 08:53 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #795
SackAttack
Head Coach

I kinda love that I'm the lone Dodger fan in a fantasy league full of Giants fans and I'm the one who got to benefit from Heston's no-hitter.

Muahaha.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #796
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Well, on most nights, the Royals throwing a one hitter would be the pitching performance of the night.

Back in first place again. The no-doubter by Perez was fantastic. I'm not sure I've ever seen a batter turn away and drop the bat that quick.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #797
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

And he hits his first home run in just his second game!

Too bad the rest of the team has forgotten how to hit...

Old 06-10-2015, 04:53 PM   #798
lungs
Pro Rookie

A friend's little (big) brother just got drafted in the 27th round by the Angels. It'll be fun to follow him as he tries to take this baseball thing as far as he can.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:59 PM   #799
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
A friend's little (big) brother just got drafted in the 27th round by the Angels. It'll be fun to follow him as he tries to take this baseball thing as far as he can.

Keep us updated, that's awesome!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:29 PM   #800
kingfc22
Head Coach

Giants not impressed with Harvey.