*guitar*
I think I-*thud*

Hey I've just came to.
But who are you?
I'm feeling wet
No please don't let...
The elders excommunicate me!

(Hello Wisconsin!)

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 06-10-2023 at 11:37 PM.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:22 PM   #25253
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So for some reason in the past several weeks I have been getting several followers on Reddit. Is this for real? Or am I just getting a bunch of bots?
Old 06-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #25254
Edward64
Head Coach

Started happening in the past week for me.

No good reason for that to happen, so yeah prob bots.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:29 PM   #25255
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Me too. Definitely bots

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 10:44 PM   #25256
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
So for some reason in the past several weeks I have been getting several followers on Reddit. Is this for real? Or am I just getting a bunch of bots?

you're just that funny
Old 06-12-2023, 06:21 AM   #25257
Kodos
Resident Alien

They want you to know that there is SomebodyHere.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:37 AM   #25258
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess Reddit is down?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:48 AM   #25259
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I guess Reddit is down?

I haven't been following closely, but they are making changes to their API, which a lot of people are objecting to, so there was a planned boycott of Reddit today.

It could also be that they broke something when they changed the API. Or, if you are going to Reddit through a 3rd party app, that that app is one of the ones being nerfed on purpose.

(To be clear, I have no idea who, if anyone, is "right" here between reddit and the boycotters. I just know that something is happening.)
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 10:03 AM   #25260
PilotMan
Head Coach

Reddit servers are having issues according to what I see.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 10:04 AM   #25261
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think Reddit is starting to charge to use their API, so a lot of 3rd party programs won't work anymore.

That's what people are upset about and I know there are some planned one day boycotts today with some subreddits shutting down entirely for the day.

Last edited by NobodyHere : 06-12-2023 at 10:07 AM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #25262
Edward64
Head Coach

About the woman who is charged with killing husband ...

Kouri Richins: New details emerge about the alleged search history of the Utah mom charged with her husband's murder | CNN
Quote:
“What is a lethal dose of fentanyl” is one of many phone searches that investigators say were made by Kouri Richins, a Utah widow accused of killing her husband before she authored a children’s book about grief.

The new details on the widow’s alleged search history emerged as part of the prosecution’s case

If I was searching for stuff like that, I'd reinstall my iPhone OS and/or Windows 11.

Quote:
Some of the articles pulled up through her searches focused on fentanyl, life insurance payments and others relating to police investigations and how data is collected from electronic devices.

The searches found on Richins’ iPhone include the phrases: “can cops force you to do a lie detector test?” “Luxury prisons for the rich in America,” “death certificate says pending, will life insurance still pay?” “If someone is poisoned what does it go down on the death certificate as,” and “How to permanently delete information from an iPhone remotely.”
Old 06-12-2023, 10:40 AM   #25263
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I think Reddit is starting to charge to use their API, so a lot of 3rd party programs won't work anymore.

That's what people are upset about and I know there are some planned one day boycotts today with some subreddits shutting down entirely for the day.

A lot of subs are claiming they're shutting down "indefinitely" until their demands are met.

The main thing they seem to be mad over is a particular popular 3rd party app that makes modding easier, and whose developer is very popular in that crowd. Reddit wants to start charging him, so the app is shutting down. So the mods are basically on strike, but burning things down on their way out.

Nothing like some good 'ole fashion internet drama.

I think today's loading hickups are unrelated and they seem to be resolved. But thousands of subs are down.

Last edited by molson : 06-12-2023 at 10:43 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:01 PM   #25264
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
About the woman who is charged with killing husband ...

Kouri Richins: New details emerge about the alleged search history of the Utah mom charged with her husband's murder | CNN

If I was searching for stuff like that, I'd reinstall my iPhone OS and/or Windows 11.

Percentage-wise, murderers are really lazy and stupid. Ands as Columbo says, even the smart ones, they are typically brilliant in other areas they have studied for a long time. With murder, it's usually their first one, and they are up against people for whom murder is their business.

I watched a true crime story last night about probably the stupidest "fake murder/insurance" scheme I've ever seen. Dude dug up a dead body, dressed it in his clothes, put the body in his car, rolled it over an embankment and set it on fire. The body was burned so badly that they couldn't even identify its sex.

Then cops got suspicious of the wife when she was pestering the insurance company for money and shacking up with a guy 2 weeks later. Then they DNA tested the dead body and it was a woman. Then people started noticing that the new boyfriend looked a lot like the "dead" husband.

And yep, it was. Still living in the same house. Told the kids that even though the new guy looks just like daddy, it's not, he has a different name.

WTF kind of plan was that!?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #25265
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if the guy got "new boyfriend" sex or "married for a while" sex?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 01:31 PM   #25266
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Percentage-wise, murderers are really lazy and stupid. Ands as Columbo says, even the smart ones, they are typically brilliant in other areas they have studied for a long time. With murder, it's usually their first one, and they are up against people for whom murder is their business.

I watched a true crime story last night about probably the stupidest "fake murder/insurance" scheme I've ever seen. Dude dug up a dead body, dressed it in his clothes, put the body in his car, rolled it over an embankment and set it on fire. The body was burned so badly that they couldn't even identify its sex.

Then cops got suspicious of the wife when she was pestering the insurance company for money and shacking up with a guy 2 weeks later. Then they DNA tested the dead body and it was a woman. Then people started noticing that the new boyfriend looked a lot like the "dead" husband.

And yep, it was. Still living in the same house. Told the kids that even though the new guy looks just like daddy, it's not, he has a different name.

WTF kind of plan was that!?

I just watched this episode of Forensics Files a couple of nights ago...
Old 06-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #25267
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yep, we watched that the other night too.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:47 PM   #25268
BYU 14
Coordinator

I hate Styrofoam, that is all
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 02:57 PM   #25269
Ksyrup

I didn't see it on Forensic Files but an episode of Accident Suicide or Murder. Which was pretty clever because it was "none of the above."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-12-2023, 02:59 PM   #25270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmm where was i when the Columbia blew up on reentry? Don't remember that at all
Old 06-12-2023, 03:22 PM   #25271
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
hmmm where was i when the Columbia blew up on reentry? Don't remember that at all

Foam shed from the external tank damaged the heat shield, those tiles were the big focal point of the coverage as I recall.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:01 PM   #25272
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Foam shed from the external tank damaged the heat shield, those tiles were the big focal point of the coverage as I recall.

was just watching a special on the NASA2 channel. yup. foam. And...I guess they SAW the foam too but couldn't see where it hit with a camera?

And...nothing was done about it. It said they had another space shuttle that could have been used as a rescue mission.

NOt sure of ALL the deets.
Old 06-12-2023, 04:12 PM   #25273
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
was just watching a special on the NASA2 channel. yup. foam. And...I guess they SAW the foam too but couldn't see where it hit with a camera?

And...nothing was done about it. It said they had another space shuttle that could have been used as a rescue mission.

NOt sure of ALL the deets.

Long story short, they guessed wrong on the ground. Repeatedly. Subsequent investigation showed just how low crew safety was on the list of concerns at NASA at the time
Old 06-12-2023, 04:17 PM   #25274
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Assuming you are financially stable. If you win a 50/50 at an event for a kid with cancer are you an asshole if you don't just give them all the money, maybe minus the entry fee?
Old 06-12-2023, 04:19 PM   #25275
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Assuming you are financially stable. If you win a 50/50 at an event for a kid with cancer are you an asshole if you don't just give them all the money, maybe minus the entry fee?

Not afaic.

If that's the expectation just don't have a drawing and solicit donations.
Old 06-12-2023, 06:15 PM   #25276
PilotMan
Head Coach

Holy shit Jon and I agree on something. See? It's not as dire as it always seems.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:56 PM   #25277
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup, being buried alive is one of my worst fears.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-65886245
Quote:
Mourners at the funeral of an elderly Ecuadorian woman were startled to discover she was still alive.

Bella Montoya, 76, was declared dead last week following a suspected stroke.

Five hours into her wake on Friday, relatives preparing to change her clothes ahead of the burial found her gasping for air.

Ms Montoya is now back in hospital in intensive care, and Ecuador's health ministry has set up a committee to investigate the incident.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:22 AM   #25278
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Long story short, they guessed wrong on the ground. Repeatedly. Subsequent investigation showed just how low crew safety was on the list of concerns at NASA at the time

That says a lot about the era really
Old 06-13-2023, 09:08 AM   #25279
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

How do people make it to adulthood without learning how to eat quietly?

I can hear the guy eating at the table next to me. I'm wearing in ear noise canceling headphones. He's somehow crunching a chicken sandwich, smacking insanely, and slurping a drink.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:26 AM   #25280
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Nope.

And if that starts to be the expectation, you'll end up with less people participating in these, which will overall hurt the people it is trying to help
Old 06-13-2023, 10:22 AM   #25281
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I don't get how loose Adderall flows at college campuses like tic tacs. But when I need to get my son's refilled, I need a notarized letter from the head of the DEA, a prescription written in unicorn blood, and to submit to a retinal scan. So I can pick up 5 pills and then come back later in the week.

The system seems designed to punish people trying to do it right but isn't actually keeping it from being abused as a street drug.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-13-2023 at 10:22 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:22 AM   #25282
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I don't get how loose Adderall flows at college campuses like tic tacs. But when I need to get my son's refilled, I need a notarized letter from the head of the DEA, a prescription written in unicorn blood, and to submit to a retinal scan. So I can pick up 5 pills and then come back later in the week.

The system seems designed to punish people trying to do it right but isn't actually keeping it from being abused as a street drug.

yup.
Old 06-13-2023, 01:42 PM   #25283
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Been there done that in the heavy painkiller days here.

My child, however, adds a wrinkle to answer some of your question.

Legit patient A has a 'script for 1 pill per day. BUT he really only takes 1/4th of a pill per day per discussion with his doctor. The 'script is never revised however ... so he refills once per month but only needs 1/4th of that, the other 3/4th ends up on the street.

Combine that with people knowing which pharmacy might not be so circumspect in their handling of refills and there's a fair supply for the street.
Old 06-13-2023, 03:50 PM   #25284
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Legit patient A has a 'script for 1 pill per day. BUT he really only takes 1/4th of a pill per day per discussion with his doctor. The 'script is never revised however ... so he refills once per month but only needs 1/4th of that, the other 3/4th ends up on the street.

Combine that with people knowing which pharmacy might not be so circumspect in their handling of refills and there's a fair supply for the street.

This. Our situation is slightly different. Our son needs his 1 pill a day to be fully functioning and focused for an average school day and a supplement for if he has after school activities etc. If he is not in school, not engaged in those extra curricular activities, or is just going to be vegging around us all day long, we don't give him any meds that day.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 03:52 PM   #25285
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

The future AUSA knows his stuff :-)
Old 06-13-2023, 03:54 PM   #25286
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The future AUSA knows his stuff :-)

That shit was so common at his high school that you could -- quite literally, zero hyperbole -- routinely see the empty blister packs littering the grass next to the parking lot.

They were common enough that I asked him about them one day, he smartened me up real quick.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:01 PM   #25287
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I don't usually slamdance on the rotting corpses of businesses,but.. REST IN PISS NUTSR.

(for those who are wondering what the hell I'm talking about, let me explain.. no wait, there's too much. Let me sum up, ala Inigo Montoya)

NuTSR are a bunch of grifters who thought the problem with D&D was that it was too woke and betraying it's white man power fantasy roots. They tried to impersonate TSR (the predecessor company to D&D Wizards of the Coast), claimed that WotC had left games fallow so they could squat on TSR 's trademarks, namely Star Frontiers, and sell their own version of the games, all towards getting rid of woke in RPG's.) They tried to crowdfund a lawsuit against TSR, and released a beta of their new Star Frontiers, which was SO horribly racist and sexist that even those who think Woke is a four letter word shifted uncomfortably in their seats and tried to edge away. Combined with their charming attitude towards all and sundry, they did the impossible. They made Wizards of the Coast the one that EVERYONE was rooting for!

the news filed yesterday where they announced they were filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and asked the judge to pause their own lawsuit as a result filled me with glee.
Old 06-14-2023, 04:29 PM   #25288
Edward64
Head Coach

Not a big beer drinker but I've never had a Modelo. I'm going to try it just because ...

Quote:
America’s top-selling beer is no longer American.

Modelo Especial, the Mexican lager brewed near Mexico City by Constellation Brands, became the top-selling beer in May, overthrowing Bud Light from the top spot it has held for more than two decades. The fall from the top further highlighted how much trouble the Anheuser-Busch brand is in following transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney’s Instagram post showing off a customized Bud Light can.

For four weeks ending on June 3, Modelo captured 8.4% of US retail beer sales, with Bud Light falling to second place with 7.3%, according to NIQ data given to consulting firm Bump Williams. Dollar sales were equally grim for Bud Light during that period, with sales falling 24.4%, while Modelo’s grew 12.2%.
Old 06-14-2023, 05:02 PM   #25289
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Not a big beer drinker but I've never had a Modelo. I'm going to try it just because ...

Bout time we stopped drinking that piss water!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 05:03 PM   #25290
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Edward, Modelo is solid. Their Cheleda's are better than the beer. It is definitely better than Bud Light, but almost anything is better than Bud Light.
Sir Fozzie, that is really good news. Some of the stuff they came out with was over the top disgusting.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:14 PM   #25291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Modelo Negra is a solid dark beer, has been for years. It ain't Guinness or nothing but it's solid for the next lighter tier down.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:57 AM   #25292
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Forum Link

They're building this eyesore by the interstate just outside of town. (Image too big to post solo).

All I can think when I drive by it is "I put on my robe and wizard hat". We call the spire the sorting hat.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:19 AM   #25293
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have yet to drink a beer this year, but really craving this, rich, semi sweet beer which is just amazing, only dark beer i can stand

Sam Smith Chocolate Stout

Last edited by BYU 14 : 06-15-2023 at 10:20 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:20 AM   #25294
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I have yet to drink a beer this year, but really craving this, rich, semi sweet beer which is just amazing, only dark beer i can stand

Sam Smith Chocolate Stout

That's a really good chocolate beer
Old 06-15-2023, 10:21 AM   #25295
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My Drs. office has a sign-in sheet for the labwork area. But the way it is set up, the people inside can't see if someone is singing up or waiting.

This morning, I noticed that they had attached a little bell to the pen that you use to sign in, so they can hear when someone is using the sign in sheet.

I love cheap low tech solutions to problems that work.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:23 AM   #25296
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ted Cruz apparently thinks Pat Benatar is satanic. I just.. I don't.. What????

(for context, Ted Cruz said that he didn't think Senate Dems would impeach biden even if there was video of Biden murdering children dressed as the devil under a full moon while singing Pat Benatar)

I just.. Just.... You know what? I've got nothing to say. Politics wise or music wise. Just incoherent sounds of WTFery and OMGUDUMDUM and other, less acronymable (and more profane) phrases.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:25 AM   #25297
Ksyrup

My take on this is he went down this stream of consciousness rant/ramble about eating children and the devil and the first thing that popped into his head was "Hell is for Children" so he just name-checked Pat Benatar off the cuff.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-16-2023 at 11:26 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:28 AM   #25298
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I have one follow up to the statement I would like Ted Cruz to clear up.

You say "if you had video of Joe Biden murdering children dressed as the devil under a full moon while singing Pat Benatar"

Now, is this video of Joe Biden (dressed as the devil) murdering children? Or is this Joe Biden murdering children (who are all dressed as the devil).

I'm sure you understand that this is an important bit of clarification that would almost certainly impact how I would view a vote on impeachment under the varying circumstances.
Old 06-16-2023, 11:32 AM   #25299
Ksyrup

Also, is Joe or are the children singing?
Old 06-16-2023, 11:33 AM   #25300
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You know, good point. If the children were singing "Hit me with your best shot", I think Joe has a chance to skate under grounds of provocation.