Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #701
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am a little confused. People are talking in absolutes about people being cleared. How are we getting to that point with them? IS it just based off the fact we don't think Murray5Y would react that way and that Katy likely caused the repeate D1 or is there more I am missing?
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #702
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am a little confused. People are talking in absolutes about people being cleared. How are we getting to that point with them? IS it just based off the fact we don't think Murray5Y would react that way and that Katy likely caused the repeate D1 or is there more I am missing?

My other paranoid theory that I didn't want to visit yet was that the wolves knew Grandpa was in the game (they weren't told he wasn't) and so murrayyyyy reacted as he did in case he got saved.

But as far as I know, there's no one that has been fully cleared other than path and Autumn who are dead. DQ has claimed a role that hasn't been challenged to this point and murrayyyyy's reaction to being 'lynched' has led people to think he's a villager.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #703
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am just assuming we were villager/villager for arguments sake. No way is DQ fully cleared, nor is murray. But they are closer than any of the rest of us.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #704
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I feel somewhat decently about Danny and font as they were the first to move off me yesterday evening and I don't know why as a wolf Danny would argue to keep me in the game as a villager. font was interrogating me in a way that made me feel like she was trying to find out about me rather than had a preconceived notion to vote me.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #705
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Not really sure where to go with my vote just yet. I'll be out for a while this morning. I'm watching the kids today and we're going to the Science Museum.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #706
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I wouldn't put DQ as green just yet. I'm not going to visit the paranoia theory yet, but the wolves know a role that's not in the game and though I wouldn't think EF would leave Fezzik out of a Princess Bride game, the role does kind of overlap with Miracle Max as a protection-type role. Thanks for putting those together though Coffee.

Would you stop telling them my devious plan!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #707
KatyLied
n00b

Here and checking in. (How's that for accommodating the demand for more posts? Never enough Katy to go around...)

At any rate, I reviewed last night's cluster of last minute votes and don't know what to think. But the comment about the Grandpa role being here but uninhabited is freaking me out.
KatyLied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #708
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

I don't remember if I told you all, but I will be traveling most of the day today and have plans until just before deadline. I will try to keep up but checking the thread while plunging down the highway @ 80 mph is probably not best...
Old 03-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #709
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As far as DQ goes, I'd think it would be moderately unfair for the wolves to know a specified role is not in the game, while keeping the village in the dark. As no one has stepped up to counter his claim, I see little reason to suspect it.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #710
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Murray is only somewhat cleared to me, which is why I put him in the slightly different green. But I think we're wasting our time right now if we look at him today.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #711
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I definitely wouldn't put murra5y as khaki but that's just me.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #712
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ah! there's another page. Hate when that happens.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #713
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Day 1 Version A, 7:28pm

6 KatyLied - JAG (99), The Jackal (196), fontisian (205), Chief Rum (242), PackerFanatic (245), Coffee Warlord (252)
2 murrayyyyy - Lathum (156), Narcizo (237)
5 Coffee Warlord - Autumn (200), DaddyTorgo (217), mauchow (228), murrayyyyy (243), Zinto (251)
1 DQ_BOY1000 - path12 (171)
1 Lathum - britrock88 (221)

Day 1 Version A, 9:00pm

4 KatyLied - The Jackal (196), Chief Rum (242), PackerFanatic (245), Zinto (270)
7 murrayyyyy - Lathum (156), Narcizo (237), Danny (259), mauchow (262), JAG (277), fontisian (283), Coffee Warlord (285)
4 Coffee Warlord - Autumn (200), DaddyTorgo (217), murrayyyyy (243), KatyLied (273)
1 DQ_BOY1000 - path12 (171)
1 Lathum - britrock88 (221)
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #714
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. Looking at my two guys, mau and Zinto.

Mau moves from me to murray, Zinto moves from me to Kay.

Hell, that makes me look bad if either of them are wolves.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #715
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Mau

And this is what my convoluted mind has concluded today.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #716
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Which clearly, this means I just voted for the seer.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #717
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Okay, I'm going to go back to a theory with the items. I think the wheelbarrow is more valuable to a wolf. Wheelbarrow - JAG (99), The Jackal (108), Danny (118), path12 (171), Narcizo (172), Autumn (179), Britrock (221), Zinto(247).

Now it's a stretch but I doubt a wolf would go for that item and be on the dead body both days so for now I'm ruling out Jag and Danny. Path and Autumn went for it too so that's four names off the list above leaving: The Jackal, Narcizo, Britrock and Zinto. I figure at least 2 wolves went for it so it's a 50/50 shot off that list. Jackal, Brit, Zinto voted for path. Narcizo has stayed clear of the dead body both days...

May change later but for now...

vote Narcizo
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #718
The Jackal
Coordinator

If the wolves were going to bluff a role on the block they assumed/knew was in the game, you'd think it would be the seer, as forcing their hand to reveal early would be much more valuable. DQ definitely gets a pass for now. Can re-visit later on if necessary, but wolves will definitely have other NK targets at this point with the BG being tough/risky to go after, so him staying alive doesn't automatically scream wolf.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #719
The Jackal
Coordinator

Votes on the later side both days (which I'm often looking for as wolves can tend to let things shake out before getting involved), not a ton of contribution (sounds like he has had time issues, which I know all about), picked wheelbarrow (I'm aware I did too!).

Not a deadset vote, but if anything hopefully to push some more activity:

vote zinto
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #720
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Be nice if we knew what JAG was.

Katy and CR leave themselves on JAG instead of moving onto one of two villagers.

Danny bounces from villager to villager - I'll probably wind up regretting this (mainly 'cause I can never read Danny), but that leads me to actually give Danny a bit of villager cred. Given the above setup, there's utterly no reason for the wolves to move around and draw attention to themselves.

Well, before the reveal, I was in transition from job to dinner, so my vote on JAG was left there in the mean time. I always intended to change it once I got a chance to go back into the thread.

I covered my reason for the vote on JAG yesterday, although it was your usual Day One vote with little to really go on.

I switched off of JAG after the reveal to be sure DQ wasn't lynched.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #721
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't view anyone as cleared. If no one steps up to challenge DQ's reveal, I will come to believe he is cleared.

Other than that, no one is in my book. I only put forth murrayyyyy as likely a villager for Day One purposes only. He got a pass for his Day One reaction. Will that pass hold up past Day One? Not for me, it won't.

And I never thought Katy was cleared at all. Where do you see that?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #722
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyLied View Post
Here and checking in. (How's that for accommodating the demand for more posts? Never enough Katy to go around...)

At any rate, I reviewed last night's cluster of last minute votes and don't know what to think. But the comment about the Grandpa role being here but uninhabited is freaking me out.

Since some apparently have thought you might be Grampa, I am presuming this means you are stating you are not Grampa, right?

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #723
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQ_BOY1000 View Post
I don't remember if I told you all, but I will be traveling most of the day today and have plans until just before deadline. I will try to keep up but checking the thread while plunging down the highway @ 80 mph is probably not best...

Not gonna sacrifice for the village, eh?

LYNCH HIM!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #724
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
And I never thought Katy was cleared at all. Where do you see that?

Oh, got it, people think Katy is Grampa? But she didn't end up targeted for the lynch on Day One, version A, murrayyyyy did. Is the reasoning figuring she wasn't around at deadline and submitted it when she was the lynch choice?

That's WAY too many leaps to make if people are doing that. In fact, that's such a leap that it makes me wonder why people suggested it? It might be fruitful to look at those people, to see if they are either trying to protect Katy (as a wolf) or make themselves look good (as wolves in plain sight) by supporting a villager Katy.

In any case, it's a moot point. Katy's post illustrates she is not claiming to be Grampa.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #725
The Jackal
Coordinator

I don't have time at the moment to check histories, but I find it interesting that PF has had votes both days early and then people shifted. Just a random thought.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #726
Danny
Head Coach

She was the lynch choice with a few minutes remaining. She she has not been the most active player, I could see her not getting in a change those last few minutes after the lynch turned. And I am not sure if she is comfortable with conditionals yet.

She is far from cleared though its enough to not vote her on what is essentially day 2 for me.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #727
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
She was the lynch choice with a few minutes remaining. She she has not been the most active player, I could see her not getting in a change those last few minutes after the lynch turned. And I am not sure if she is comfortable with conditionals yet.

She is far from cleared though its enough to not vote her on what is essentially day 2 for me.

I don't know how she wouldn't be as likely as anyone else, now that she has essentially admitted she is not Grampa. What other reason was there to extend her any leeway?

FTR, I am not harping on Katy as being MORE likely to be a wolf, just arguing that giving her any pass today as a villager based on anything from Day One would be faulty. She is as likely to be a wolf at this point as any other Jane Schmane in this game.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #728
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Okay, I'm going to go back to a theory with the items. I think the wheelbarrow is more valuable to a wolf. Wheelbarrow - JAG (99), The Jackal (108), Danny (118), path12 (171), Narcizo (172), Autumn (179), Britrock (221), Zinto(247).

The problem with that argument is that if its valuable to the wolves then its in the villages best interests to try and stop them getting it, isn't it? So you could just as reasonably argue that the wolves would try to avoid getting attention by going with the powder. There's probably 0-4 wolves in that group but that doesn't really narrow it down immensely. Unless it's 4 wolves in which case it narrows it down tremendously.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #729
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
The problem with that argument is that if its valuable to the wolves then its in the villages best interests to try and stop them getting it, isn't it? So you could just as reasonably argue that the wolves would try to avoid getting attention by going with the powder. There's probably 0-4 wolves in that group but that doesn't really narrow it down immensely. Unless it's 4 wolves in which case it narrows it down tremendously.

Didn't say all four wolves would go for it but I believe a majority would. I don't understand why a wolf would try to grab that. If the original lynch target (the holder of the powder) survives his role/allegiance will still be announced. Well if you use the powder and you survive then everyone knows you are a wolf and you will be voted off the next night. Correct? So I think a majority of the wolves are in the 6 listed above that are still alive.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #730
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Now this makes me a bit nervous, Katy, as far as I can tell hasn't come out one way or the other and claimed/ denied Grandpa, she is just kind of letting people make their own conclusions.

This makes me a bit nervous, seems like a possible wolf who wants to gain a little trust without revealing, then if someon else reveals as grandpa can just come back and claim she never said she was grandpa, others did.

Thoughts?
Old 03-27-2013, 01:23 PM   #731
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Now this makes me a bit nervous, Katy, as far as I can tell hasn't come out one way or the other and claimed/ denied Grandpa, she is just kind of letting people make their own conclusions.

This makes me a bit nervous, seems like a possible wolf who wants to gain a little trust without revealing, then if someon else reveals as grandpa can just come back and claim she never said she was grandpa, others did.

Thoughts?

I read nothing involving her and the word grandpa. Never came out of here posts.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #732
britrock88
Pro Starter

BTW, folks, work is blowing up today, so don't expect much out of Katy or myself.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #733
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Didn't say all four wolves would go for it but I believe a majority would. I don't understand why a wolf would try to grab that. If the original lynch target (the holder of the powder) survives his role/allegiance will still be announced. Well if you use the powder and you survive then everyone knows you are a wolf and you will be voted off the next night. Correct? So I think a majority of the wolves are in the 6 listed above that are still alive.

Wolves will go for the powder for the same reason that villagers will go for the wheelbarrow. Going for the powder is the villagey thing to do. You also prevent a villager getting the powder in the same way that a villager getting the wheelbarrow will prevent a wolf getting the powder. It's actually a decent day two theory but if you think the wolves are going to tend towards one item then I think you're being a bit optimistic. Certainly isn't how I'd play it if I was a wolf. But then again, I would say that were I a wolf.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #734
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Certainly isn't how I'd play it if I was a wolf. But then again, I would say that were I a wolf.

Not how I would play it either. If I was part of the wolf pack I would have made sure one didn't go after an item. But since bodies keep dropping from that pile I looked at, I'll stay with the theory I have.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #735
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I read nothing involving her and the word grandpa. Never came out of here posts.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about her being grandpa and people trusting her and she hasn't reallyu comment one way or the other on it.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #736
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

yeah, the end should say "her posts". Didn't notice the typo. In agreement that she hasn't commented one way or another.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #737
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Vote DaddyTorgo

I know this is ironic given how I've played this game but I think he's playing differently from how I remember. I don't like people proclaiming that I seem villagery either. Unless I'm a wolf. Otherwise it makes me suspicious.

Mind elaborating on this Narc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I don't see it. Katy is a solid neutral read for me at the moment :/.

This might be a little pro-wolf to say, but I thought the people on the wheelbarrow were more likely to be power roles, since they wouldn't want to wolves to roleblock them. Of course, DQ's reveal invalidated that theory. As for the wolves, I think it's far more likely that they split between the two rather than stacking on one item.

Er, is Julio Ridols still playing?
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #738
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Back. Catching up.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #739
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Not basing this on much. Not sure how much I will be on tonight but I wanted to get a vote out there. Just have a funky feeling about him for some reason, and he fits with the "hide-your-votes" thing I was saying earlier today (and yes, I do know he came with an explanation on that - still).

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 03-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #740
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
As far as DQ goes, I'd think it would be moderately unfair for the wolves to know a specified role is not in the game, while keeping the village in the dark. As no one has stepped up to counter his claim, I see little reason to suspect it.

Post 82 from EF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not all roles will be used. The wolves will know of one villager role not in use.

So they will have a role in pocket to fake claim with. I'm not saying that's for sure what DQ did, but we should keep it in mind.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #741
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ah. Did not see that. Well, that changes things.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #742
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Not basing this on much. Not sure how much I will be on tonight but I wanted to get a vote out there. Just have a funky feeling about him for some reason, and he fits with the "hide-your-votes" thing I was saying earlier today (and yes, I do know he came with an explanation on that - still).

VOTE CHIEF RUM

You're just getting me back for voting you on Day One A.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #743
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Though, on the flipside, one of the main wolves's power is to scan for and potentially steal Fezzik (and others) abilities.

AND the bodyguard is still a rough one not to have.

Dunno.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #744
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

EF would just be plain cruel to make the BG role the one he dropped. Not that I would put it past him...but that would rough on us.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #745
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

would be rough*
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #746
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Now it's a stretch but I doubt a wolf would go for that item and be on the dead body both days so for now I'm ruling out Jag and Danny. Path and Autumn went for it too so that's four names off the list above leaving: The Jackal, Narcizo, Britrock and Zinto. I figure at least 2 wolves went for it so it's a 50/50 shot off that list. Jackal, Brit, Zinto voted for path. Narcizo has stayed clear of the dead body both days...

May change later but for now...

vote Narcizo

I hadn't thought of revisiting the item selection lists, but this is an interesting line of thought. I guess the question is did the wolves think that the item utility would be worth potentially exposing themselves to this line of thought? There seemed to be enough argument on D1 with people going back and forth about which was more valuable where I could see that they wouldn't fear it. Of course they may have come to a different conclusion or decided it wasn't worth the risk. The group you mentioned is one I feel less certain about than others though, so it's another data point to consider.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #747
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Some would argue that the BG role is overpowered for the village.

About DT he's posted very little which is unusual for him - again not that I can talk but still. Then there's the proclamation that my reasoning is villagy, when it's the sort of thing I'd say whether I'm wolf or village. It's not like it made any difference it was a fait accomplice. Just seems a bit much.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #748
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Wait a minute I just reread murra5y's post properly when Jag quoted it. I voted path as well. I really ought to start reading posts.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:38 PM   #749
KatyLied
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Since some apparently have thought you might be Grampa, I am presuming this means you are stating you are not Grampa, right?

Correct indeed.
KatyLied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #750
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Wait a minute I just reread murra5y's post properly when Jag quoted it. I voted path as well. I really ought to start reading posts.

Going back and checking now... There was not final tally and I was trying to keep track of movements without writing it down.