Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #2401
path12
Coordinator

Idol is on. Gotta go. I can't believe how much I like that show, I don't really listen to much besides indy these days and I can never imagine getting anything that the winner puts out, but what can you do........?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #2402
Blade6119
Coordinator

LSG, narc died..thats why the bank closed
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #2403
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

shit, so you cant get my money?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 PM   #2404
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

shit, so you cant get my money?
Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #2405
Blade6119
Coordinator

I can...send a PM to alan requesting to buy these items at these prices...ive already set it up:

Gun $600
Bullets $200
Bullet Proof Vest $200
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #2406
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
LSG, i reported my encounter and subsequent attack on myself..i hope you report it, they gave me a phone number at which i could contact them. You should be able to trace it.

Anxiety, not only do you ignore the requests of multiple players saying he was good, now your saying you have lost your warrants? Not looking good for you mate...chief is a dead man tomorrow, but your jockying for a spot the day after him

No, I am saying that somethign specificially happened after I submitted the warrant. I believe it was intentional on the part of someone at the courthouse.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM   #2407
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On my way home i was pulled into a side alley by a strong muscular man. There were 3 people there, and they asked me to do some jobs for the boss. They gave me a # to call, and told me to call if i was interested...stupid as i am, i laughed and insulted them so one pulled a gun on me. I ran for my life, and got home safely. I have no idea as to the identities of the people, and strongly doubt we have 4 mafia left(3 there and a boss they referred to). It is possible we still have 3 left though(with the boss being the one who did all the talking), and are at endgame now. If there are 3, id say chief sndvls and anxiety...

Thats how it went down

Okay, now I totally beleive Blade. I left some details out in my own failed conversion, and he is metnioning them now. As such, I beleive Blade is cleared to my mind. I may not like it, but its there.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #2408
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can...send a PM to alan requesting to buy these items at these prices...ive already set it up:

Gun $600
Bullets $200
Bullet Proof Vest $200

Blade, if you can get more guns or vests, let me know, I'd like a defense upgrade in case someone tries to off me today.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #2409
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill see if i get more supplies, i listed everything i have right now
Demotivation
Old 03-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #2410
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
but path, what i learned about you when i looked you up in the system said you had a totally different job than the one you are implying

Post #1716.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #2411
kingfc22
Head Coach

Anybody for a game of gin?
Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 AM   #2412
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Thanks for having me, it's been fun. Hope you get the baddy.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #2413
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, lot's to respond to.

First off, I said that lynching me would do you no good. No one listened, though, and now Narc is dead. That sucks, because I thought he was one of our more helpful good players.

Second, I hinted earlier that I knew of a mafia action last night while kingfc was in jail, meaning he certainly couldn't have been mafia. Unfortunately, that was missed as well. That mafia action was an attempt to convert me. The encounter was similar to Anxiety's and Blade's except it involved two beefy men coming up to me at a basketball game I bet on. They told me the "boss" wanted to recruit me to the mob, and gave me a number to call. And one of the goons ate my hot dog, the bastard. I got no clues who they were, but my impression was that these were nameless thugs who are not players in the game, but just part of the narrative. I still think there is only one mafia left, although clearly many conversion attempts can be made.

In turning down the mafia, it changed me from neutral to good and changed my goals. I was in fact good this morning when I was searched by LSG and when I sent away the package to SnDvls and (attempted) to LSG.

My encounter with Blade didn't seem to be particularly pleasant. Not sure why he links it, though, to his visit with the mob. As with others with rings, I had no clue what sort of ring I had. If silver means medium level wealth to start the game, that would seem to fit, as I obviously was a good enough gambler to make a living at it. I started with $500, but my money has gone up and done like a rollercoaster with the daily bets.

I voted for JE for judge and said I did at the time. If there had been a consensus to put LSG in that spot, I missed it. I certainly would have voted for LSG to make sure we keep the judge position turning things over.

You all still seem intent on killing me, despite the fact that several of you have expressed doubts that I am mafia, and everything I have been saying before (like the pickpocket report or SnDvls' response to what I sent him) is coming up in my favor. I still have not lied in this game, not once.

If you go down this path, you will only hurt our side further.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #2414
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

A couple things that are really bothering me right now.

Quote:
give me the gun
now
and i will give you your gem

You would take something out of evidence for a personal gain? I understand you want the gun for protection, but removing a piece of evidence sounds like something a corrupt cop/judge would do.

Quote:
how much money do you want for the bullets and gun blade? I think i have one grand left

I always thought police officers were not paid very well. How is it that you started the game with the same amount of money that I (the doctor) did?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:08 AM   #2415
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Okay, now I totally beleive Blade. I left some details out in my own failed conversion, and he is metnioning them now. As such, I beleive Blade is cleared to my mind. I may not like it, but its there.

Just to play devil's advocate here, if Blade is in the mafia and was the one who tried to convert you, he would know the details of the failed attempt against you.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:11 AM   #2416
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
That mafia action was an attempt to convert me.

What time did this conversion attempt occur?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #2417
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

You need to ask alant about the money JE.

I started with 1000, and found 400.

and Blade my internet crashed or something last night, so i couldn't transfer the money to you...

are we still on for the deal?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #2418
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

What did you do with that $400 you found?
Old 03-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #2419
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Spent 100 on the underground and 200 on a game.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #2420
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Where did you find the money? Any idea whose it was?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:01 AM   #2421
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

all i know is alant pm'ed me and said you are the lucky person of the day, you found 400 dollars
Old 03-08-2007, 10:09 AM   #2422
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I can verify lucky-ness. I was lucky once, but I wasn;t tha t lucky. I found 200 and I submitted a police report about it. Never saw the police report in here though. That was yesterday.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #2423
SnDvls
Pro Starter

LSG I have passed you the same item CR passed me yesterday please check it out you may find it useful. I couldn't pass it yesterday as I had to be sure you were good. I would say that someone with lots of power is bad and that is not good for us.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #2424
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Just to play devil's advocate here, if Blade is in the mafia and was the one who tried to convert you, he would know the details of the failed attempt against you.

Yes, I was mulling that over, too, and I am not sure about that. I don't know what sort of message the mafia get about these encounters, but it would be a word for word same description? I think it would be more likely that the targets would get the colorful descriptions why the mafia would simply get "Your message was delivered and turned down" or something like that.

Not saying I know for sure that that's the case here, but that's the way I have seen it done in past WW games. Alan's his own GM, though--don't know if he did the same.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #2425
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

okay... now I am confused.

Once I got the item from SNDVLS I automatically thought SNDVLS was good, because who would give me this item???

But then I thought why would Cheif send this to sndvls?

But blade the good news is, I now have a gun
Old 03-08-2007, 02:02 PM   #2426
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What time did this conversion attempt occur?

I received the PM about the approach at 6:28 p.m. Tuesday night, about a half hour after the deadline for that day and after it had already been announced kingfc was in jail. It was one day before Blade's conversion attempt and after Anxiety's attempt. Strangely, their incidents involved violence, with a kidnapping attempt for Anxiety and a shouting match for Blade. Not sure why in mine I only lost a hotdog. Might be because I was neutral, so the mafia was less certain I would refuse. Alsi, I wasn't right there to refuse (I was at work) and responded sometime later that night.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 PM   #2427
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Once I got the item from SNDVLS I automatically thought SNDVLS was good, because who would give me this item???

I would guess that this is one of the "items" chief was hinting at finding and he said he passed it to me. My second guess is that the mafia either had a second gun or bought another and this one was DT's. I sent it to you for two reasons...you said you needed/wanted a gun and to check it against any of the crimes that have happened.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #2428
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I sent it to to SnDvls because he said he was the investigative reporter. I thought sending both items to one person would be risking too much. I thought you were good, LSG, but I wasn't 100% sure. So I sent the two items to two people with investigative abilities that I felt decently good about. After the search and the details you came out with, I am certain you are good, and I don't have any issues with you now having the gun. My only hope is that now you can investigate it or examine it in some way. I found it just after the deadline on the night hoopsguy was shot and Tyrith was murdered. My thought was that that was the gun that was used in either or both of those murders. My suspicion is that it was DaddyTorgo's gun (he was lynched that night).

But I thought it could have been any mafia member's gun...potentially with fingerprints, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #2429
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I would guess that this is one of the "items" chief was hinting at finding and he said he passed it to me. My second guess is that the mafia either had a second gun or bought another and this one was DT's. I sent it to you for two reasons...you said you needed/wanted a gun and to check it against any of the crimes that have happened.

Nice, you and I had the same conclusion (and wrote it at the same time).
Old 03-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #2430
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can verify lucky-ness. I was lucky once, but I wasn;t tha t lucky. I found 200 and I submitted a police report about it. Never saw the police report in here though. That was yesterday.

Luckyness verified times two. That was the exact way I received my messages on the days I found the gun and then the gem.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #2431
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Luckyness verified times two. That was the exact way I received my messages on the days I found the gun and then the gem.

Speaking of which, I actually hinted at the "lucky" message when I originally received it in the hopes someone else who had received it would recognize what I was talking about. I don't think anyone picked up on it, though.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:12 PM   #2432
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nice, you and I had the same conclusion (and wrote it at the same time).

I saw that

I have 100% trust in LSG and Chief right now
Old 03-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #2433
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, I was mulling that over, too, and I am not sure about that. I don't know what sort of message the mafia get about these encounters, but it would be a word for word same description? I think it would be more likely that the targets would get the colorful descriptions why the mafia would simply get "Your message was delivered and turned down" or something like that.

Not saying I know for sure that that's the case here, but that's the way I have seen it done in past WW games. Alan's his own GM, though--don't know if he did the same.

I know when I visited Hoopsguy in the hospital I received the same PM he did, so I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia got the same PM you received.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #2434
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Blade, since LSG now has a gun, I'd like to buy yours. Price?

Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #2435
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I saw that

I have 100% trust in LSG and Chief right now

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't trust LoneStarGirl. I've felt since the beginning of the game that the mafia had someone inside the police force and she's not coming across as a straight arrow cop.

1) she started the game with the same amount of money as me (the doctor)
2) she found $400 and doesn't appear to have any qualms with spending that money or finding out whose money it is
3) she gambled (something that is illegal) some of that money away
4) she was willing to give Blade a piece of evidence for a gun

I know this is going to put a huge target on my chest since almost everyone questions my loyalty anyway, but something about her doesn't feel right to me.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #2436
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't trust LoneStarGirl. I've felt since the beginning of the game that the mafia had someone inside the police force and she's not coming across as a straight arrow cop.

if I'm wrong I just gave a gun to her pretty publicly and screwed up that evidence chain
Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #2437
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

1) she started the game with the same amount of money as me (the doctor)
2) she found $400 and doesn't appear to have any qualms with spending that money or finding out whose money it is
3) she gambled (something that is illegal) some of that money away
4) she was willing to give Blade a piece of evidence for a gun

I know this is going to put a huge target on my chest since almost everyone questions my loyalty anyway, but something about her doesn't feel right to me.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

As you suspected, JE, this is a move I find very suspicious. There are just too many stretches here.

1. We have no idea what mechanic Alan used to determine the actual numbers for startup money. We only know that the mafia boss had a lot of it (and a lot more than 1000 it would appear). I know that Lathum, another detective, said he had at least 500, if I recall, and maybe more.

2. Not sure why LSG should have any qualms about spending money she found. Who would do different? What would she do witht he money that would help good? Is there a choice she didn't take that I am missing here?

3. We don't know that gambling is illegal in Big City. If it was, I would think I would have been arrested and thrown away a while ago.

4. I missed that. My understanding was that she was willing to buy items from Blade. She had no choice on the gem--once she put it into evidence, it was out of her hands. I don't recall her suggesting she would have used it to acquire anything from Blade, just responded to his inquiry about receiving the gem.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #2438
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

path, just to confirm are you the bodyguard? I would really like to know more about your role and what has been happening with it. I haven't felt you have done anything bad, and have felt you are good, but I don't actually know anything. Does anyone here know anything about path, his role and his actions?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #2439
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
path, just to confirm are you the bodyguard? I would really like to know more about your role and what has been happening with it. I haven't felt you have done anything bad, and have felt you are good, but I don't actually know anything. Does anyone here know anything about path, his role and his actions?

I got that he was the bodyguard as well.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #2440
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - from his hints and the protection talk yesterday and today
Old 03-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #2441
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here is my trust list.

CR-- 100% (of course)
LSG, SnDvls-- Very solid.
path-- Solid
Anxiety-- Decent. I felt his decision on king was curious, but he has said things that ring true with me (luckyness, conversion attempt), and he hasn't made any obvious mafia moves.
JE-- I felt decent about JE, but his recent move against LSG downgrades him. I don't think he has been bad all game, but he could be now.
Blade-- the more everyone else looks solid, the more Blade's "talk crap on everyone" act without actually helping is looking worse. I think my earlier theory on Blade (converted) still holfd, and he hasn't helped us hardly at all since the DT lynch, except muddy up the waters.

LSG, SnDvls, if we do feel some good trust for one another, this would be a good time to put it to use. If we ensure we all vote the same way, we only need path or Anxiety to vote with us to ensure the lynch mob would go the direction we feel it should.

I would be fine with either a JE or Blade vote. What think you all?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #2442
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm game for whatever if LSG gets on board too
Old 03-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #2443
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I totally trust sndvls for sending me the gun and Cheif now....

And since jonathan doesn't trust me, why should i trust him?

And i would not give anxiety the gun no matter what blade
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #2444
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
As you suspected, JE, this is a move I find very suspicious. There are just too many stretches here.

1. We have no idea what mechanic Alan used to determine the actual numbers for startup money. We only know that the mafia boss had a lot of it (and a lot more than 1000 it would appear). I know that Lathum, another detective, said he had at least 500, if I recall, and maybe more.

500 seems about average, which is what I would expect all detectives to make (police officers don't make a lot of money). I don't think the starting income was random. Would it make sense for me to start the game with $200 and Swaggs $1000? No, there's a reason LSG started with that much money.

Quote:
2. Not sure why LSG should have any qualms about spending money she found. Who would do different? What would she do witht he money that would help good? Is there a choice she didn't take that I am missing here?

She's a detective. Law enforcement. That money belonged to someone else and it is her duty to report the money as found. Blade got pissed when Swaggs found some of his money in the trash, so why is it different for a detective?

Quote:
3. We don't know that gambling is illegal in Big City. If it was, I would think I would have been arrested and thrown away a while ago.

I don't think you would have been arrested necessarily since there are more important fish in the sea. It is possible that gambling is legal, but if that were the case, why don't you work in a casino? I get the impression that what you do is done in back rooms and under the table. I don't think you're evil, but I don't think what you're doing is legal, either. Which is why it strikes me as odd that LSG bet on a game.

Quote:
4. I missed that. My understanding was that she was willing to buy items from Blade. She had no choice on the gem--once she put it into evidence, it was out of her hands. I don't recall her suggesting she would have used it to acquire anything from Blade, just responded to his inquiry about receiving the gem.

From last night when she was talking to Blade:

Quote:
give me the gun
now
and i will give you your gem
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #2445
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

and i am still very confused. When i tried to pick up a warrant the other day, it said another detective picked it up. which made me believe it was path since he is a big city government employee. But now he is acting like a body guard and not an employee of the government which bothers me a lot...
Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM   #2446
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, since LSG now has a gun, I'd like to buy yours. Price?

I only had one gun, the one from my shop...i just asked alan if i will be getting more, and will let you know if i do. I only had that 1 though.

As of now, i still have:

Bandages
Knife
Police Scanner
Nightvision goggles

Any interest anyone?
Demotivation
Old 03-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #2447
Blade6119
Coordinator

Oh, did lsg not buy anything?

I still think we have our final two mafia lined up, in chief and sndvls...lsg, remember what bsak said? He said sndvls, bought all that shit(gun, armor, ammo, fingerprint stopper). We all thought he was just being pissy as he died...but here is sndvls giving you a gun his role should not have.

If you were evil right now, what would you do? What was our major reason for many of our moves in x-men lsg? To earn trust...Sometimes we gave the village info or actions that helped them more then us to earn trust...dont you think thats what their doing now?

By the way chief, bs on the convert story. There is no reason if that happened to you, that you would keep it secret until now(until i revealed the details of how it happens). Total bs
Demotivation
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #2448
Blade6119
Coordinator

Anxiety, ill sell you the gun for 600..same price lsg paid
Demotivation
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #2449
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I only had one gun, the one from my shop...i just asked alan if i will be getting more, and will let you know if i do. I only had that 1 though.

Who bought the gun?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #2450
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As of now, i still have:

Bandages
Knife
Police Scanner
Nightvision goggles

Any interest anyone?

So someone bought that gun? We now have two?