Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2019, 10:10 PM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Spotify Family Plan Changes

I was just reading up on upcoming changes to the Spotify Family Plan. (One example here). Of primary concern for Family accounts is to have users confirm their address. Then they will periodically force you to turn GPS on your device. If the Geo-location doesn't match the physical address, they could lock your account.

With one recent college graduate, and the other attending college out of state, it seems to me this will almost certainly drive us to cancel our account. What alternate streaming service do you use and would recommend? Ideally we would want a service with a family plan for four individual accounts.

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:20 PM   #2
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Love Apple Music. It works on android devices. 9.99 month single/14.99 family.... Access to around 50 million songs. Decent playlists. Signing up gives you a free 3 month trial and if you have Verizon it is included on some of their unlimited plans.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-13-2019 at 10:21 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:56 PM   #3
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Love Apple Music. It works on android devices. 9.99 month single/14.99 family.... Access to around 50 million songs. Decent playlists. Signing up gives you a free 3 month trial and if you have Verizon it is included on some of their unlimited plans.

Ah - thanks for the recommendation. I'm the lone Android holdout, so never really looked into Apple Music. But a quick check of features seems quite comparable. Definitely one to consider.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 11:25 PM   #4
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Oof.

Will probably have to disconnect the family thing & have the kid roll into the student premium here.

Zero chance of us switching services with so many years worth of playlist work done. (I think my main master library is somewhere between 3000-3500 tracks, I won't live long enough to recreate that and won't try without it)
Old 09-14-2019, 05:19 AM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

We use Amazon. 6 people on the plan, 1 of which is my mom who doesn't live with us.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #6
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Oof.

Will probably have to disconnect the family thing & have the kid roll into the student premium here.

Zero chance of us switching services with so many years worth of playlist work done. (I think my main master library is somewhere between 3000-3500 tracks, I won't live long enough to recreate that and won't try without it)

If you ever do switch I recommend using the following to help you move over your library and personal playlists.

Soundiiz - Transfer playlists and favorites between streaming services

I had finally tired of Rhapsody/Napster but hung on due to my desire not to lose my playlists. Finally discovered this and moved everything over to Spotify. Was a breeze! I didn't do any of the paid options but if you were moving a ton it would be pretty reasonably priced to sign up for the paid service for a short time and then cancel to get your stuff moved over. I thought the service was great. YMMV.
BigDPW is online now   Reply With Quote