And we're into Turn 2. :-D
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #102
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
And we're into Turn 2. :-D

Who took the Chinese? (I'm at work and can't see the admin page)

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #103
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well damn, missed it again. By minutes too. You guys have fun.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #104
saldana
Pro Starter

let me know if i am holding things up, i can call my wife and get her to take my turn if i am the only one still on turn 2, since most of you all should be at home now
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:11 PM   #105
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
let me know if i am holding things up, i can call my wife and get her to take my turn if i am the only one still on turn 2, since most of you all should be at home now

I don't get home until 2 am, so if anyone is gonna hold things up, it'll be me.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:30 PM   #106
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Who took the Chinese? (I'm at work and can't see the admin page)

I did. I had been the Greeks in previous games, but did not see them, so I just took whatever was available.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #107
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I did. I had been the Greeks in previous games, but did not see them, so I just took whatever was available.

Awesome. Welcome back.

Old 05-26-2006, 07:59 PM   #108
jbmagic
Pro Starter

WVUFAN

Another great idea for pitboss is do a succession game.

You guys just pick one civ you agree on and play against the ai CIVS.

Then each person on your team take 20 turns per person all sharing the same Civ.

It can bring up great discussions and strategy here.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #109
Vince
Pro Starter

Hrm. It's telling me that I have the wrong password when I try to log in to play turn number two. I know what password I set it up with (which isn't working), but just in case, I've run through every single other password I could have possibly used, and I'm getting nothing. Any ideas?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:04 PM   #110
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Hrm. It's telling me that I have the wrong password when I try to log in to play turn number two. I know what password I set it up with (which isn't working), but just in case, I've run through every single other password I could have possibly used, and I'm getting nothing. Any ideas?

I don't have access to passwords. The only thing I could do when I get home is to kick you from the game, then you could rejoin with a new password.

Keep trying, and remember they're case-sensitive. If you can't get on tomorrow, lemme know and we'll kick and reset you.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:17 PM   #111
Vince
Pro Starter

WVU -- if you don't mind, can you just kick me, and I'll try again? Since we're both here, that might expedite the process.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:25 PM   #112
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
WVU -- if you don't mind, can you just kick me, and I'll try again? Since we're both here, that might expedite the process.

I'm at work, so I don't have access. :-( I won't get home until 2 am EST.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-26-2006 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #113
Vince
Pro Starter

Ah. No worries...should be about the time I get out of X-3
Old 05-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #114
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Ah. No worries...should be about the time I get out of X-3

I'll send you a PM when it's done. That way you should be able to retake the civ pretty quickly.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:47 PM   #115
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
WVUFAN

Another great idea for pitboss is do a succession game.

You guys just pick one civ you agree on and play against the ai CIVS.

Then each person on your team take 20 turns per person all sharing the same Civ.

It can bring up great discussions and strategy here.

That's a great idea. We might try that after this game.

Old 05-26-2006, 08:52 PM   #116
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Are you talking about the first password or the second one? The password on the main page is "fofc" and then it will ask for your personal password when you try to open your civ...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #117
Franklinnoble
Banned

Just FYI - I'm not sure the e-mail notification is working... I didn't get a notice when it was time to take another turn...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 08:57 PM   #118
Franklinnoble
Banned

Jeebs is online now... and Sharon can't connect. There's some issue with the peer connection feature on this thing... we can't get online if anyone else is connected to the host.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #119
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Jeebs is online now... and Sharon can't connect. There's some issue with the peer connection feature on this thing... we can't get online if anyone else is connected to the host.

You guys must have something funky going on there - this issue raises its head with you guys (we can't connect if you're on, you can't connect if we are). But there were three of us (other than you) on simultaneously this afternoon.

Are you guys playing from the same IP? Wonder if that could screw things up somehow.

Last edited by Samdari : 05-26-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:03 PM   #120
JeeberD
General Manager

I didn't get an e-mail notification either. I just checked in my spam and it wasn't there either...

I was getting warning that I couldn't connect, but as soon as I hit "OK" it let me take my turn. Did it a couple of times to me...

*shurg*

Old 05-26-2006, 09:23 PM   #121
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I didn't get an e-mail notification either. I just checked in my spam and it wasn't there either...

I was getting warning that I couldn't connect, but as soon as I hit "OK" it let me take my turn. Did it a couple of times to me...

*shurg*

I've already posted the peer/peer issue on the tech forum, and I'll find out what's up with the turn notification as soon as I get home.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #122
saldana
Pro Starter

i'm done with turn 2
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #123
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Are you talking about the first password or the second one? The password on the main page is "fofc" and then it will ask for your personal password when you try to open your civ...

:o

Don't mind me...I'm just the idiot in the corner...

...WVU, I figured it out (well, Jeebs figured out that I'm a moron), no worries on booting me.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:56 PM   #124
WVUFAN
College Starter

Vince: cool beans. :-)

In regards to the email notified, I have just been informed that Pitboss, even though it has the option in the program, "has yet to implement this feature in this beta version.".

Luckily some intelligent people over in the Civ techie forum has developed an app that does it. As soon as I get home, I'll test it out.

So fear not, we'll get email notifications yet. :-)

Old 05-26-2006, 11:41 PM   #125
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
You guys must have something funky going on there - this issue raises its head with you guys (we can't connect if you're on, you can't connect if we are). But there were three of us (other than you) on simultaneously this afternoon.

Are you guys playing from the same IP? Wonder if that could screw things up somehow.

We're sharing an internet connnection, but I don't think that's the problem.

The issue happens even if it's just one of us online at a time.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:56 AM   #126
WVUFAN
College Starter

Ok, I have the mod app for turn notifications set up, and I've checked it on my own email. It works.

What I need for everyone who wants notification is for you to either post here or PM me the email address that you want to be notified on. It has to be logged from the app.

As soon as I have it, you'l be added to the list. This is entirely your choice -- if you don't want email turn notifications, you don't have to be notified.

Anyway, PM or email me your email address if you want to be added to the reminder list.

Old 05-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #127
WVUFAN
College Starter

Wow ..

dola -- so, the turn reset around 8:30 PM last night. It's 2 AM, 6 hours later, and we're only waiting on a single person till the next turn, out of 11 players. That's pretty doggone good.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-27-2006 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:08 AM   #128
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
We're sharing an internet connnection, but I don't think that's the problem.

The issue happens even if it's just one of us online at a time.

I am wondering if the pitboss program has trouble with two of the participants in a game being from the same IP (especially with ICS). Then it wouldn't matter if you were on at the same time or not. Just trying to think through the problem, and WVUFAN said that the program had trouble running two games at the same time (which it shouldn't) and I notice that all of the sync problems mentioned so far either have been you guys having trouble, or others gagging when syncing with you.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #129
JeeberD
General Manager

You know my e-mail, Eric. Feel free to use it...

Old 05-27-2006, 09:35 AM   #130
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Well, I did my turn this morning, and the host seemed to stop responding. I'll double-check in a bit to see if it will actually let me do turn 3...
Old 05-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #131
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Well, I did my turn this morning, and the host seemed to stop responding. I'll double-check in a bit to see if it will actually let me do turn 3...

Okay, turn 3 is definitely rolling. What's weird is when I was on and it flipped turns, it wouldn't highlight any of my guys, the clock wasn't ticking, etc, but it said it was my turn. I tried moving a guy and nothing happened.

Log back in a bit ago (maybe an hour or so later) and the clock is moving and my guy executed my orders. Just looks like you need to be patient on a turn flop.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #132
WVUFAN
College Starter

Jeeber, I had already added you. You should have received a turn notification when it switched this morning. Let me know if you didn't.

For everyone who PM'ed me, you've been added, and you'll begin getting notifications beginning next turn.

If anyone has Quotes or anything to add to the emails, let me know, as it has the ability to add quotes or phrases when it's sent out. This turn's quote is from the French, which stated very clearly "Viva La Japanese!".

Because we all know the Japanese rule.

Old 05-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #133
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Okay, turn 3 is definitely rolling. What's weird is when I was on and it flipped turns, it wouldn't highlight any of my guys, the clock wasn't ticking, etc, but it said it was my turn. I tried moving a guy and nothing happened.

Log back in a bit ago (maybe an hour or so later) and the clock is moving and my guy executed my orders. Just looks like you need to be patient on a turn flop.

That seems to be a part of Pitboss. Occasionally, it does what it calls a "grace period" of between 15 minutes to an hour when everyone does their turn or when the 24 hour clock expires. I dunno who they're giving the grace period to if everyone's turn is up, and it doesn't seem to do that every turn, but it does happen. I appreciate your patience, Gtelmack and everyone.

Despite all of the stuff that's happened, that's still 2 turns in less than a day. Pretty good stuff.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-27-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:15 AM   #134
Franklinnoble
Banned

Ok... oddly enough, Sharon was able to connect to peer "Saldana" now, but I cannot... even after she disconnects. Weird.

Oh, an my e-mail is franklin.brown AT gmail.com ... sign me up for alerts.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #135
Franklinnoble
Banned

Also... she's still seeing a German scout and settler wandering around...

Old 05-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #136
Runtheball
High School JV

Can't connect to host. Keeps timing-out.
This happened repeatedly between 1:05 and 1:20 EST
Beware the beast "Man", for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
-- The Lawgiver
Runtheball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #137
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Same thing is happening on my end.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #138
Vince
Pro Starter

And Vince makes three.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #139
gstelmack
Pro Starter

gstelmack AT nc.rr.com

And I can't connect right now either.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #140
Franklinnoble
Banned

Me too... I'm guessing Eric's machine is down.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:56 PM   #141
WVUFAN
College Starter

Power outage. It's back up now. Sorry.

Seems that when I retired Germany, the AI took over. :-(. It's not supposed to do that.

EDIT: Had to reset Pitboss. NOW it's up and ready. :-)

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-27-2006 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #142
Franklinnoble
Banned

Cool... I got right in that time.

Well, the German settler is just wandering around. By the time it settles, Sharon will have a warrior, and it will be an easy kill.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #143
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Cool... I got right in that time.

Well, the German settler is just wandering around. By the time it settles, Sharon will have a warrior, and it will be an easy kill.

Tell Sharon I'm sorry about that -- when I set the game for "Take over AI" -- which I have to do in order to reset players for password issues -- when someone retires, instead of eliminating the Civ, it set it as an AI civ. It was either give up the option of resetting people who have forgotton passwords, or this.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-27-2006 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:49 PM   #144
Vince
Pro Starter

And the next turn has started now that I took my turn.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:05 PM   #145
WVUFAN
College Starter

Runtheball: I typed your email address in incorrectly (got a return notice, and realized I put an extra "j" in your addy), so I'll fix that when I get home. You won't get a notification email this turn because of that.

Everyone else should have gotten an email already about the new turn. Lemme know if you get one.

Old 05-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #146
JeeberD
General Manager

Notification seems to be working fine. Thanks, Eric!

Old 05-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #147
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Everyone else should have gotten an email already about the new turn. Lemme know if you get one.

Worked great for me.

Some Pitboss questions: how much CPU is it taking up? And it was easy to restart? I'd consider switching Raging Barbarians over to Pitboss, if it was okay with me doing some VS.NET stuff occasionally, and didn't mind going down for an hour or two while I played Oblivion.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #148
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Worked great for me.

Some Pitboss questions: how much CPU is it taking up? And it was easy to restart? I'd consider switching Raging Barbarians over to Pitboss, if it was okay with me doing some VS.NET stuff occasionally, and didn't mind going down for an hour or two while I played Oblivion.

I have a 2.4 mhz P4 with less than a gig of memory, and I'm able to run multiple things with no problem. Plus it's really easy to set up.

I can send you the email notification program if you like. That runs concurrently with Pitboss. Both mimimize to your tray when not in use.

You can close it down anytime. It'll put a save file on your desktop (or whereever), so save it before shutting it down and then start it up like any other program. I honestly rarely notice it unless I'm actually on it... and it doesn't feel like anything else I do on the computer is affected by it.

You do have to have .NET extentions on your CPU for it to work, though.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 05-27-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #149
Franklinnoble
Banned

Yeah, the Germans have finally settled. Now it's a race to see who can pop out a warrior first...

Oh, and the e-mail notification is working for me. Could you add Sharon, too? sharon.brown AT gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #150
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
it's a race to see who can pop out a warrior first...

I'll bet on the female...