Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2019, 08:39 AM   #551
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Food and Wine on a weekend is a nut house. Would definitely suggest a weekday.

(Florida Resident Passholder who enjoys imbibing but doesn't "cause trouble")
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 02-05-2019 at 08:40 AM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:50 AM   #552
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I have not read this thread, so forgive me is this has been answered.

We are going to Disney this Spring. We want to have our boys be part of the Padawan Training thing. It says we have to be there to sign up for a time when the park opens.

Does that mean that we have to line up at, like, 6AM to get in line? Or can we plan to get there soon before it opens and still get a space?
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #553
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

We are going to Disney this Spring. We want to have our boys be part of the Padawan Training thing. It says we have to be there to sign up for a time when the park opens.

Does that mean that we have to line up at, like, 6AM to get in line? Or can we plan to get there soon before it opens and still get a space?

This tips article - dated April 2018 - suggests that being toward the front of the park entrance queue at opening should be enough on days that aren't crazy crowded. It definitely suggests planning based on the "threat level" of the crowd for your specific day however.

I'm trying to remember but I think we did the show with Will in it's original incarnation and so the process was different
Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #554
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

It hasn’t been as crazy to signup since Toy Story Land opened since most people are going straight there now. Get there around 30 minutes before park open and go straight to signup and you should have your pick of times. Recently signups haven’t filled up until ~noon, but if it is a must do, go there first since once it is full it is full.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #555
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
This tips article - dated April 2018 - suggests that being toward the front of the park entrance queue at opening should be enough on days that aren't crazy crowded. It definitely suggests planning based on the "threat level" of the crowd for your specific day however.
For what it's worth, we were there last week on a busy day (March Break for many kids). We got to the park about a half hour after it opened, and there were still spots available. Almost didn't bother since we figured there was no chance, but glad we gave it a shot.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #556
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Our Disney vacation is three weeks away. Our friend had to cancel due to unexpected expenses, so it'll just be the three of us (me, wife, daughter-8). It's going to be an uber-relaxed trip, only going to at most 2 parks. the rest of the time will be chilling at the resort or hopping other resorts.

Maybe we'll even play a short 9-hole round at Oak Trail Course.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #557
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Our Disney vacation is three weeks away. Our friend had to cancel due to unexpected expenses, so it'll just be the three of us (me, wife, daughter-8). It's going to be an uber-relaxed trip, only going to at most 2 parks. the rest of the time will be chilling at the resort or hopping other resorts.

Maybe we'll even play a short 9-hole round at Oak Trail Course.

Curious how long you will be there and why you aren't doing the parks more? Especially with an 8 year old girl.

Mind you, not judging at all, just curious.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:11 PM   #558
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Curious how long you will be there and why you aren't doing the parks more? Especially with an 8 year old girl.

Mind you, not judging at all, just curious.

We'll be there 5 nights.

We're CA Disneyland annual pass-holders of the last 5 years, and even at this age, she's pretty much "Disney'd out" which already has us reconsidering to renew the passes for next year.

We own DVC which we can use each year or so. And unless we're inviting other family/friends along, we're not expecting to go all-out on these trips. Since it's just the three of us, we'll plan to slow down and just relax this time around.

Finally, wife and daughter had just gone on a Disney Cruise during spring break.

TL;DR We're reaching critical mass in our annual Disney exposure, and it's only midway through the year!
Old 05-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #559
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Figured it was something like that.

Disney Cruises are amazing. Can't wait to do another one.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #560
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I just got back from our trip late last night. So while it's still fresh on my mind, why not write a Trip Report?

First off, it was Hot and Humid. Apparently we had just missed 2 weeks of rain in the area, and in the six days we were there, not a rain cloud in sight. In fact, as we were waiting to board our return flight, the thunderstorms came back, which delayed our flight. I guess I can say we brought the sun with us from California, and were taking it back with us.

Using our DVC points we booked 5 nights at our Home Resort, the Polynesian Village. My wife and daughter (8yo) had stayed there before, but it's my first time there. It's a really nice island-themed resort. Check in was on Thursday the 20th. But we took the red-eye the night of the 19th. We arrived at our resort at 9am and jumped in the pool while we waited for our room to become available. Magical Express took care of our checked luggage while we changed into our swimsuits we had on our carry-ons.

After a quick lunch at Cap't Cook's I got a text alerting me that our room was ready (1pm). We had a lake-view studio overlooking Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain from Magic Kingdom across the way. The only drawback from having a lake-view room was that it's close to the ferry which takes people from the Transportation Center to Magic Kingdom (MK), and the boat sounds its horns every time it leaves port. That's every 15 minutes or so. I tried to take a quick nap on our first day since we arrived on the red-eye, but it didn't work out very well for me. Any of us, really.

Good thing we didn't leave the resort that first day. On very little sleep, my daughter was getting increasingly cranky. We had dinner at Kona Cafe. I had the Char Siu Duck Ramen, and wife had the Alaskan King Crab Specialty Roll. The roll was good, the broth of the ramen was a little light on flavor. Back at the room, we enjoyed the MK fireworks show from our balcony. It was a great view!

Day 2 was Epcot Center. We took the monorail from our resort, around the lake through MK, a quick transfer at the Transportation Center, and into Epcot. We rode Spaceship Earth and Soarin' Around the World. Loved Soarin'.

Since we are DVC members, we took a little break from the heat at their exclusive member lounge. My wife found this little hideaway last time she was there with my in-laws. From there it was off to the World Showcase. Unfortunately the sun was so overbearing that our enjoyment of the park faded quickly. We only visited 3 countries (Mexico, Norway, China) before calling it a day. The pool was really on our minds, so we did that until the wee hours.

Day 3 was Disney Springs. Originally planned to be an all-day resort day (read: Pool Day!), we decided to explore a bit first. When we got back I decided to take a short hike across the street to check out the golf courses. I didn't play, but I did get some Disney golf shirts and accessories from their pro shop.

Day 4 Animal Kingdom. We got there later in the day, knowing we wanted to stay past sundown to enjoy Pandora at night. Because it was another really hot day, I was afraid we were going to have to cut this visit short too, but I'm really glad we got through it. Especially because my Fastpass planning made us walk back and forth through the park (Kali River Rapids > Na'vi River Journey > Kilimanjaro Safaris). We couldn't get Fastpass for Avatar Flight of Passage, so we waited in the 80 minute long line (relatively short!).

It was so worth the wait.

If I loved Soarin' at Epcot. FoP just blew me away. I found myself clapping loudly after the lights came back up.

When we entered the ride, the sun was still up. We got out at night, with the world of Pandora glowing in full bloom. Satu'li Canteen at Pandora was surprisingly good.

Day 5 was back at Disney Springs. This time to watch Toy Story 4 at the AMC Dine-in Theater. And yes, back to the pool after... A recurring theme on this trip about which none of us were complaining.

Day 6 Check out day. But first, Character breakfast at 'Ohana Restaurant. Lilo, Stitch, and Mickey visited our tables while Pluto greeted everyone at the entrance.

The resort airline check-in process was painless. We dropped off our checked luggage before breakfast, and I didn't see them until baggage claim at LAX. And Magical Express brought us back to the airport with enough time to enjoy a quick bite and last minute shopping before the flight.

Despite the hot and humid weather and the occasional grumpiness that came from it, we had a really amazing vacation. I can't wait for our next trip.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 06-26-2019 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #561
Butter
Coordinator

As long as you enjoyed it, that's what it's all about.

Animal Kingdom can be brutal with those long walks criss-crossing the park if you are doing rides in different areas in a row. We joke that the only place hotter than the surface of the Sun is Dinoland USA in bright daylight. Holy Lord, is it hot.

Last edited by Butter : 06-26-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #562
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
As long as you enjoyed it, that's what it's all about.

Animal Kingdom can be brutal with those long walks criss-crossing the park if you are doing rides in different areas in a row. We joke that the only place hotter than the surface of the Sun is Dinoland USA in bright daylight. Holy Lord, is it hot.
Absolutely right. We stepped one foot into Dinoland, and walked right back out. There was nothing worth seeing there in the hot sun.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:47 AM   #563
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Dang. I already lost my Mickey Mouse golf ball marker. Anyone who's going to WDW over the next few months also plan on playing golf? If so, would you mind visiting the pro shop to get me a replacement ball marker?

It'll be another 2-3 years before I get to visit again, and Disney Golf doesn't have an online retail store.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #564
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dang. I already lost my Mickey Mouse golf ball marker. Anyone who's going to WDW over the next few months also plan on playing golf? If so, would you mind visiting the pro shop to get me a replacement ball marker?

It'll be another 2-3 years before I get to visit again, and Disney Golf doesn't have an online retail store.

Dunno what the one you had looked like but, try Googling "mickey mouse ball marker". Several places have a set of 4 (two normal, two oversized) popped up for like $12 and they at least look to me to be authentic
Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 AM   #565
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Dunno what the one you had looked like but, try Googling "mickey mouse ball marker". Several places have a set of 4 (two normal, two oversized) popped up for like $12 and they at least look to me to be authentic

Yes, I have seen those, and I might have to pick those up instead. But the one I got looked like this with a red background. It's the "official" Mickey Golfer logo.

Old 09-17-2019, 11:18 AM   #566
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I have seen those, and I might have to pick those up instead. But the one I got looked like this with a red background. It's the "official" Mickey Golfer logo.

Roger that, wasn't a design I had a clue about so figured it was worth a shot.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #567
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

ooh. Ebay bro.

They have several of these, including a set of three that has Grumpy & Goofy.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:37 AM   #568
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Oh thanks! I like these. I guess I'll have to forgo the red background for these, but that's not a big deal. That'll have to wait until my next visit (another reason to sneak away from the family to the golf course).
Old 11-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Looking at booking a Disney Cruise for next Thanksgiving. Leaving Miami going to Castaway Cay, San Juan, and St. Martin. This will be our second one. The first was amazing and we want to squeeze in another one before our oldest loses interest.

anyone ever done the Merrytime cruise? It looks pretty fun and something unique.

We will likely go a couple days early and do 1-2 days at Universal since my son is really in to Harry Potter. We went to the California one a few years back and enjoyed it. Looking to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel there. Our agent says it is close to the park and has a walking path directly to Citywalk.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:02 PM   #570
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Looking at booking a Disney Cruise for next Thanksgiving. Leaving Miami going to Castaway Cay, San Juan, and St. Martin. This will be our second one. The first was amazing and we want to squeeze in another one before our oldest loses interest.

anyone ever done the Merrytime cruise? It looks pretty fun and something unique.

We will likely go a couple days early and do 1-2 days at Universal since my son is really in to Harry Potter. We went to the California one a few years back and enjoyed it. Looking to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel there. Our agent says it is close to the park and has a walking path directly to Citywalk.

Check to see if they have any decent concerts at Hard Rock Live while you're there. When I lived down there I saw some incredible concerts. It's a tight, GA venue, but you can't go wrong anywhere and it's very personal. That is, if you get a chance to do any non-kid centric stuff.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:52 AM   #571
Flasch186
Coordinator

Just signed on to a Disney Cruise for our Family in February, the Fantasy with Star Wars day. 7 days. I have a family of 5 so we ended up bringing the parents along in an adjoining room and I'm paying for one slot in their room for a kiddo. We're going with another family friend who has kids the same age so they will be able to pair up the whole time. I'm really excited although the bank account just took a massive hit.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:57 AM   #572
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
....the bank account just took a massive hit.

Understatement of the year.

Like Steam?

Old 11-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #573
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I would love to do another Disney Cruise. Especially with a Star Wars Day or Marvel Day at Sea. I should start budgeting for 2021.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #574
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Understatement of the year.

You should know, your post above about kid 'aging out' of the magic is what convinced me to do this. I'd been putting it off and off and now my son's going to be 11 and while my youngest (girls) are 3 and 6, I felt that it was my only sweet spot to capture them all where it would be equally loved in similar ways. So f'n thanks

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-15-2019, 09:07 AM   #575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just signed on to a Disney Cruise for our Family in February, the Fantasy with Star Wars day. 7 days. I have a family of 5 so we ended up bringing the parents along in an adjoining room and I'm paying for one slot in their room for a kiddo. We're going with another family friend who has kids the same age so they will be able to pair up the whole time. I'm really excited although the bank account just took a massive hit.

We did that cruise a couple years ago. It was amazing. Disney really thinks of everything.

Star Wars day was awesome, the actors do a great job. Here is a tip. They have Jawas walking around. If you give them something shiny that they find interesting they will "trade" it for a prize. They will not take money or anything that looks valuable. I would pack some paper clips, etc...that they may take. The kids love it.

Also, total geek moment but there were storm troopers with a big crowd around them. I went to see what was up and they were shaking down a gold colored garbage can that looked like a droid. I walked through the crowd, right up to them and waved my hand side to side and said "these are not the droid you are looking for." Without skipping a beat the put it down and walked away and the crowd erupted.

If I can dredge it up I'll let you know what excursions we did as I am assuming the ports are the same.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #576
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
You should know, your post above about kid 'aging out' of the magic is what convinced me to do this. I'd been putting it off and off and now my son's going to be 11 and while my youngest (girls) are 3 and 6, I felt that it was my only sweet spot to capture them all where it would be equally loved in similar ways. So f'n thanks

That's awesome man. You don't get redo's to make memories. It's expensive, but it's we take expensive family trips to HHI in the spring, and it's why the Mrs and I take expensive couple trips to Mexico. We're never guaranteed tomorrow, no redo's. So I applaud your decision. It's gonna be epic.

Like Steam?

Old 11-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #577
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Star Wars day was awesome, the actors do a great job. Here is a tip. They have Jawas walking around. If you give them something shiny that they find interesting they will "trade" it for a prize. They will not take money or anything that looks valuable. I would pack some paper clips, etc...that they may take. The kids love it.

Also, total geek moment but there were storm troopers with a big crowd around them. I went to see what was up and they were shaking down a gold colored garbage can that looked like a droid. I walked through the crowd, right up to them and waved my hand side to side and said "these are not the droid you are looking for." Without skipping a beat the put it down and walked away and the crowd erupted.

This is great. I think Star Wars offers the best character interaction of all Disney themes. I had a similar experience with a Jawa back at Hollywood Studios (before Galaxy's Edge was around) where he kept following me. Apparently he had a particular interest in the backpack I was carrying... it was an R2D2 backpack.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:34 AM   #578
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
we want to squeeze in another one before our oldest loses interest.

ahem...
Old 11-15-2019, 01:17 PM   #579
Flasch186
Coordinator

I don't have my glasses on.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-26-2019, 05:22 PM   #580
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Looking at booking on the Disney Magic next Thanksgiving. Miami to Eastern Caribbean. Merrytime sailing.

Anyone ever been on this ship or done this sailing?
Old 11-26-2019, 07:34 PM   #581
BigDPW
College Prospect

Going to Orlando in February and going to spend two days at Universal and one day at Hollywood Studios to enjoy Star Wars Galaxies Edge with my boys (11 and 13).

Anyone checked out Galaxies Edge yet? Tips? Suggestions?

Any recommendations about where to eat with the wife and kids? Thought about the SciFi DriveIn based on prior recommendations here but it is booked that day right now. I also thought about the Prime Time 50's Diner. How is the fireworks show (Fantasmic) I have not seen that one before?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:40 PM   #582
Flasch186
Coordinator

We're doing 7 days out of Port Canaveral in February. We aligned it with some friends who go every year who happen to be my ten yr old's best friend's parents. We really lucked out on that one. It's going to be amazing.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #583
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Going to Orlando in February and going to spend two days at Universal and one day at Hollywood Studios to enjoy Star Wars Galaxies Edge with my boys (11 and 13).

Any recommendations about where to eat with the wife and kids? Thought about the SciFi DriveIn based on prior recommendations here but it is booked that day right now. I also thought about the Prime Time 50's Diner. How is the fireworks show (Fantasmic) I have not seen that one before?

Diner is just ok. Gets the job done. I would also check out toy Story land, it is really cool.

Fantasmic is absolutely incredible. Hands down the best show we saw at Disney. It is truly amazing.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:14 PM   #584
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
We're doing 7 days out of Port Canaveral in February. We aligned it with some friends who go every year who happen to be my ten yr old's best friend's parents. We really lucked out on that one. It's going to be amazing.

Is this the star wars one?
Old 11-26-2019, 08:36 PM   #585
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Is this the star wars one?

It is. Funny story. I come home and tell everyone we're going on January's 5 day Marvel cruise out Miami and the first thing my Son says is, "Can I take Jack?" I'm incredulous with my no. He runs out crying saying Who the F is he going to play with while the girls play and we 'relax?' admittedly he has a point. Tough shit.

So I call my friend who always goes on Disney cruises to ask for pointers and she says, "wait. When did you book? When are you going? Did I talk to you about this? Did Jayson? We're going in February, if you haven't booked why don't you go with us?" Um yes! We're going with 'jack' and our friends too, for 7 days out of Canaveral (one day closer to our house). Kinda unreal, he's going to lose his mind.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-26-2019, 08:42 PM   #586
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It is. Funny story. I come home and tell everyone we're going on January's 5 day Marvel cruise out Miami and the first thing my Son says is, "Can I take Jack?" I'm incredulous with my no. He runs out crying saying Who the F is he going to play with while the girls play and we 'relax?' admittedly he has a point. Tough shit.

So I call my friend who always goes on Disney cruises to ask for pointers and she says, "wait. When did you book? When are you going? Did I talk to you about this? Did Jayson? We're going in February, if you haven't booked why don't you go with us?" Um yes! We're going with 'jack' and our friends too, for 7 days out of Canaveral (one day closer to our house). Kinda unreal, he's going to lose his mind.

That is awesome.

I'll try and think of some other "tips" for you if my brain can recall them
Old 11-27-2019, 01:03 AM   #587
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

Prime Time is kinda okay if you enjoy the schtick (waitresses call everybody "cousin" & whatnot) otherwise it's pretty ho-hum once you get past looking at some of the older decorations they have.

Ffwiw, my now 21 year old just channeled his inner tweenager & said "don't do 50s Prime Time, not at that age". Problem is the options are pretty limited there for table service, cause Brown Derby is not really a thing for that age group either. That leaves Mama Melrose, which is so-so Italian basically. (Eliminating Hollywood & Vine, perhaps the weakest of all the buffets)

His advice is that if Mama Melrose doesn't suit then maybe the best bet is to just do one of the Galaxy Edge or Toy Story Land counter service. His actual advice was -- depending on schedule of course, to use that evening meal to dine outside the park & enjoy one of the resort dining options as well.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:44 AM   #588
miked
College Starter

We are heading to Universal again tomorrow with the kids because I have a conference there. My kids are not the best eaters, they like to eat, but not really worth the $15 crappy buffet costs. Has anyone used Instacart to have groceries delivered to a resort hotel? If we could get some bagels and peanut butter and cream cheese, we could save a ton of time and frustration (and money). Looks like most say it can be done but wonder if anyone here has used it to grab some Publix or something.
Old 11-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #589
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
We are heading to Universal again tomorrow with the kids because I have a conference there. My kids are not the best eaters, they like to eat, but not really worth the $15 crappy buffet costs. Has anyone used Instacart to have groceries delivered to a resort hotel? If we could get some bagels and peanut butter and cream cheese, we could save a ton of time and frustration (and money). Looks like most say it can be done but wonder if anyone here has used it to grab some Publix or something.

We used it when we stayed at Disney Animal Kingdom and it was flawless. The order was there for us when we checked in.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #590
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and myself will be road tripping from NH to Orlando in February! Guessing it will be busy as hell, but luckily we were just down last year for a wedding, so we can really take our time this trip and not rush around to see EVERYTHING.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sublime 2 : 11-29-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #591
miked
College Starter

Quote:
We used it when we stayed at Disney Animal Kingdom and it was flawless. The order was there for us when we checked in.

This is great, just placed our order to be delivered this evening. Has anyone used Uber Eats or something at the resorts? Not sure how the hotel feels about you bringing outside food to the pool and stuff. Just seems stupid to pay $15 for kids chicken fingers that my 6 year old will probably eat 1/4 of.
Old 11-30-2019, 11:06 AM   #592
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
This is great, just placed our order to be delivered this evening. Has anyone used Uber Eats or something at the resorts? Not sure how the hotel feels about you bringing outside food to the pool and stuff. Just seems stupid to pay $15 for kids chicken fingers that my 6 year old will probably eat 1/4 of.

We were there during the Patriots AFCG against the Chiefs last year, and we ordered through Uber Eats or Grub Hub with no problem. We were at one of the All Star Resorts, and they met us right on one of the access roads right next to our room.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 02:29 PM   #593
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in late January and we decided to tack a couple of days on the front to hit up Disney World.

We will only have 2 days to do "park things", with two boys 9 and 10. They've been to Disneyland once a couple years ago, but never Disney World.

What should we prioritize?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:29 PM   #594
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Going on a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale in late January and we decided to tack a couple of days on the front to hit up Disney World.

We will only have 2 days to do "park things", with two boys 9 and 10. They've been to Disneyland once a couple years ago, but never Disney World.

Boys that age are ripe for a good Star Wars experience. Spend a day at Hollywood Studios and head over to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. The new ride Rise of the Resistance will be open by then.
Old 12-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #595
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Do they like animals? Animal kingdom would be great if they do. Also has a few great rides. Avatar and expedition Everest. If you do Hollywood studios have to stay for Phantasmic.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #596
Edward64
Head Coach

A little more on Galaxy's Edge. I have to go in next couple years.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/03/tech/...ide/index.html
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:30 PM   #597
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So it sounds like Hollywood Studios is worthwhile, for the Star Wars things at minimum. Is it something we can do mostly in 1 day? I have trouble visualizing the scope of all those parks, but they are each massive compared to even the Magic Kingdom in California, right? And what about Epcot, is that still a thing?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
So it sounds like Hollywood Studios is worthwhile, for the Star Wars things at minimum. Is it something we can do mostly in 1 day? I have trouble visualizing the scope of all those parks, but they are each massive compared to even the Magic Kingdom in California, right? And what about Epcot, is that still a thing?

Hollywood Studios is actually on the smaller side. Easily doable in a day. Epcot is still a thing, but not one I would do if I had to only chose 1-2 parks.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #599
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hollywood Studios is actually on the smaller side. Easily doable in a day. Epcot is still a thing, but not one I would do if I had to only chose 1-2 parks.

+1 to both statements.

Hollywood is an easy day tops - lines for SW stuff notwithstanding anyway.

And Epcot is much more of a "depends on your kid" deal. Mine loved it throughout all his WDW years but acknowledged that he's in the minority about that.
Old 12-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #600
Izulde
Head Coach

Even as a kid, I loved Epcot. I could literally spend half the day just wandering around the World Showcase.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote