Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 PM   #551
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

guess i showed my inexperience. i really thought i was not going to get lynched that day.

at that point in the game, i thought the townies were outnumbered (4 to 3) so revealing as not a townie would have been a good move to avoid night arsonist/mafia action. my goal was to get the townies to focus on me instead of the arsonist and remaining mafia. if cheekimonk hadn't nominated i'd have survived to continue possessing the townies - still puzzled by that.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #552
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
guess i showed my inexperience. i really thought i was not going to get lynched that day.

at that point in the game, i thought the townies were outnumbered (4 to 3) so revealing as not a townie would have been a good move to avoid night arsonist/mafia action. my goal was to get the townies to focus on me instead of the arsonist and remaining mafia. if cheekimonk hadn't nominated i'd have survived to continue possessing the townies - still puzzled by that.

The only flaw to that plan was that you came across as the Jester and neither Cheeks nor I would have won the game with you. If we had some way to communicate privately that would have worked.

Nice death note BTW. IDK if anyone else figured out what you were talking about but I picked up that Cheekimonk was the mafia from it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 PM   #553
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Once I was convinced you were the Jester the only play I had was to get you lynched and not expose myself to the kill that followed.

If you were the Jester and you took someone with you yesterday I ignite tonight and we both win it. I was really disappointed when you ended up being a witch.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 PM   #554
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
1 Jailor - me
2 Town Investigative - timmae/brit
2 Town Support - shoveler/CF
1 Town Killing - ragone
1 Godfather - CR
1 Mafioso - TBFA
1 Neutral Benign - zinto
1 Neutral Evil - lighthouse

Leaves:

1 Town Protective
1 Random Town (any role except unique)
1 Random Mafia (any mafia except Godfather and Mafioso)
1 Neutral Killing (ARSONIST)
1 Any (any role except unique)

That look right? Now we either have a random town or one of the towns that died was the random and we have another in that category, but hard to know.

oooOOOooooOOoooo

you forgot werewolf

oooOOOoooOOOoooo
that was the any
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:06 PM   #555
Ziiggy
Banned

I really liked the ruleset and how it translated to a forum game. While the nomination process may seem to have led to non-participation I'm not sure most of the fault should be attached to that. The idea that more information is gleaned from night actions than from random voting definitely appeals to me, especially in the early game, as well as the more leisurely pace.

Thanks for the game and do it again EF, I'm in, even if you wanted to start right away.
Ziiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:08 PM   #556
Ziiggy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The only flaw to that plan was that you came across as the Jester and neither Cheeks nor I would have won the game with you. If we had some way to communicate privately that would have worked.

Nice death note BTW. IDK if anyone else figured out what you were talking about but I picked up that Cheekimonk was the mafia from it.

I thought you were the Jester, lighthouse, after the taunting posts, and before that thought you were the arsonist. And yes, great death note!
Old 09-03-2015, 11:10 PM   #557
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziiggy View Post
I really liked the ruleset and how it translated to a forum game. While the nomination process may seem to have led to non-participation I'm not sure most of the fault should be attached to that. The idea that more information is gleaned from night actions than from random voting definitely appeals to me, especially in the early game, as well as the more leisurely pace.

Thanks for the game and do it again EF, I'm in, even if you wanted to start right away.

ooooooooOOOOOoooOOoooooOOoooooo
non-participation led to non-participation
ooooooooOOOOOoooOOoooooOOoooooo
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #558
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lighthousekeeper found cheek when he possessed him and actually pointed him away from dubb; this kept dubb from being found by the mafia.

The problem with the numbers for lighthouse when he came out is that while even if it was 4-3 against the town, the arsonist and mafia had to get rid of each other as well.

Think I will come up with a way to handle whispers in this next time.

Maybe a whisper period, so I won't have to relay whispers all day long.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:18 PM   #559
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I also need to come up with a way to change the disguiser a bit. Maybe combine disguiser and janitor somehow. In the actual game the disguiser actually becomes the person that he disguises as, not really possible here unless we did something like the Marvel game with different screen names just for the game.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:21 PM   #560
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I go on a work trip next week. If there is interest in another game, and no one else wants to start one up, I will see if I can get something going.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:06 AM   #561
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Ok, so maybe I was the arsonist. I'm proud to say that I poured gasoline on CF right at the start. My favorite moment of the game. Had to resist the urge to rub it in while the game was running.

That was a stroke of genius/luck. We lost the mafioso and godfather back-to-back to start the game. That made me the godfather (although, yes, I started as the disguiser) and I had to emphasize "WE" in every death note although I knew anyone paying attention would know it was BS.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:11 AM   #562
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

Only the townies weren't truly outnumbered as there was black, white, and grey. You were neutral killing/evil so I wanted you to die just as badly as anyone. Especially since you had possessed me the night before and therefore knew I was the lone mafia left. You could have outed me for lynch and survived another night.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #563
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:

I knew you would since you were the one that spoke up...which is why you were target #1 for me to NK. Only you were immune that night (I assumed you were jailed). I expected to be lynched the next day, but I guess lighthousekeeper's note was vague enough that you didn't know if I was mafia or neutral evil/killing.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:18 AM   #564
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Thank you for the game, EF! Really enjoyed it.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #565
Autumn
Head Coach

That was fun. I apologize for my low participation, I kept getting caught in real life. I don't think you can analyze much from the ruleset, as everyone seemed distracted and so we didn't give it a real try. It's hard to get a game really hopping when there hasn't been one in a while as people forget to keep checking in.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #566
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Lynch Results

You have lynched lighthousekeeper.

There was a will next to the body.
Know, then, that I possessed yer souls
And watched the folly oft unfold.
Entrancing evil TBFA
Another poor soul soon eaten away.
Plucked out both of timmae's eyes,
Swapped left for right amid muffled cries.
The lookout proved wonderful prey,
turning his gaze every which way.
Jackal was an early thrall
Doing my bidding - all in all.
(It was me that made Crimson fall)
Two more still alive - they were mine too.
One spoke out - the other's deceiving you.

lighthousekeeper was a witch.

This was fantastic! Good stuff light!!

Thanks for running this EF. Fun role set!! Sorry for the personal stuff... you're in my thoughts man!

Thanks all! This was fun!! I'll definitely be in for the next reiteration.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #567
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

No Cheekimonk, I needed one more nightkill from you to win (which I never got). I knew you were mafia so I poured gasoline on you, but I would have never pushed for your lynch until I got one more nightkill.

Unfortunately for me I never got it and we ended up with two villagers and me at the end.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:42 AM   #568
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
No Cheekimonk, I needed one more nightkill from you to win (which I never got). I knew you were mafia so I poured gasoline on you, but I would have never pushed for your lynch until I got one more nightkill.

Unfortunately for me I never got it and we ended up with two villagers and me at the end.

My last NK was thwarted by lighthousekeeper. He possessed me and killed Zinto (who wasn't my intended target). Actually, that was the next night after I targeted you. Thinking you had been jailed the night you were immune (and thinking that you had been doused and would be more interested in killing the arsonist than killing me), I switched my target to Jackal who I was 100% confident was the jailer (and I was sure he was going to jail/execute me...and he did). That was the NK that got Zinto instead.

If I had figured you were the arsonist, I would have kept you as my target. It wouldn't have mattered, of course, since lighthouse redirected my NK.

Last edited by cheekimonk : 09-04-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #569
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It was unfortunate that I had pushed Danny as mafia so long. I wonder if on the last day I'm able to say you are mafia and Danny is the arsonist instead of the other way around if it gets Danny jailed instead. I think Jackal really wanted the arsonist since he was soaked.

Doesn't really matter. That way plays out with justAutumn and me left and he had enough votes by himself to lynch me.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I enjoyed the variety and different approach on this one. Thanks for running it, EF.

As a victim of the arsonist, I must say I think that role is too powerful.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 12:36 PM   #571
britrock88
Pro Starter

Interesting game. Hope my Sheriff hints were clear enough.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:32 PM   #572
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
It was unfortunate that I had pushed Danny as mafia so long. I wonder if on the last day I'm able to say you are mafia and Danny is the arsonist instead of the other way around if it gets Danny jailed instead. I think Jackal really wanted the arsonist since he was soaked.

Doesn't really matter. That way plays out with justAutumn and me left and he had enough votes by himself to lynch me.

i was convinced at the end that danny was the arsonist. i'm still shocked it was you.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:34 PM   #573
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Interesting game. Hope my Sheriff hints were clear enough.

Hint for next time... The sheriff needs to have a will and update it regularly.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:37 PM   #574
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wondered what would have happened if dubb doused Autumn last night instead of igniting. If he could have gotten autumn and jackal to Lynch Danny today.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:41 PM   #575
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I enjoyed the variety and different approach on this one. Thanks for running it, EF.

As a victim of the arsonist, I must say I think that role is too powerful.

Arsonist has an uphill climb to win a game. Very hard as they can be outed by the other evils if found.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #576
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hint for next time... The sheriff needs to have a will and update it regularly.

I realized my absentmindedness when I died. Updating the jailer note sure was useful.

...This would be another adjustment to the ToS approach to WW/Mafia. Wills are easy to forget when you've never had them before, but they're really powerful tools!
Old 09-04-2015, 02:56 PM   #577
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Arsonist has an uphill climb to win a game. Very hard as they can be outed by the other evils if found.

I'm sure you're right, but the way it played out this game, dubb had way too much power.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 PM   #578
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The problem with the arsonist is that while I CAN kill anyone, I have to eliminate everyone else. Even with the role of arsonist and the ability to kill, I would think that the odds of a single player being the last man standing would not be great.
Old 09-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #579
Shoveler
High School Varsity

The game actually lasted longer than I expected. Definitely needs a few tweaks to play better on the forum but the overall concept is fun.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:51 PM   #580
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I had to laugh night one. Seemed like every pm that I received said Autumn.

Also was amusing watching the mafia worrying about the spy.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #581
Autumn
Head Coach

And funny that I was the only one to have submitted a jail note night one.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #582
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
I had to laugh night one. Seemed like every pm that I received said Autumn.

Also was amusing watching the mafia worrying about the spy.

Just like on N1!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:35 PM   #583
Ziiggy
Banned

Mafia game round 2

Thought I'd offer up this game again on the Mountain West Conference Board Forum. Don't want to interfere with EF's new game (and sorry for the blatant ripoff of your game), but in case anybody is interested in doing this again please sign up HERE

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #585
Ziiggy
Banned

Quote:
No worries at all.

Would love to have anybody come join in (will be tough to get 15 with football starting over there but thought I'd give it a shot anyway). Maybe between the two forums we can fill it up.