Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #201
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: McCaffrey and (or vs) Kamara

One little thing that hit me, so I looked it up. McCaffrey had roughly 2x the touches in college that Kamara did. That's gotta be worth at least one NFL season worth of mileage on the tires.
Old 04-17-2020, 04:48 PM   #202
Edward64
Head Coach

So how far will he drop and who will pick him up?

Report: Tua Tagovailoa off 3 NFL Draft Boards; Injuries Concern Scouts, Execs | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights
Quote:
Per The Athletic's Bob McGinn, three teams have taken Tagovailoa off their board entirely due to concerns from scouts and executives about his ability to stay healthy.

Rumblings about Tagovailoa's durability keep getting louder the closer we get to the 2020 NFL draft.

One AFC personnel man told McGinn that Tagovailoa was "a great college player" but added there are "three, four or five red flags staring us all in the face" that make it hard to risk a high pick on him.

B/R's Matt Miller wrote Friday that the former Alabama star could "absolutely fall in this draft because of injury concerns."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:28 PM   #203
RendeR
Coordinator

I think he drops to round 2 and a team with a run n gun style will take the chance on him then.

I don't honestly see a team that really needs that kind of player so badly they'd risk a first rounder on him.

Then again, I've never been that impressed with the guy, he's been on one of the best teams in college football, he's rarely been truly challenged and when he has he's gotten hurt and/or lost.

big pass on Tua.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:39 AM   #204
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Obv smokescreen whisper campaign on Tua.

Last edited by stevew : 04-18-2020 at 12:39 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #205
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Let the campaign continue!

REPORT: Tua Tagovailoa gets updated Wonderlic score
Old 04-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #206
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Report: Tua likes Nickleback. Teams souring on him.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 11:06 AM   #207
QuikSand
lolzcat

Well, if Miami ends up just taking Tua at pick 5 (as I still hope they do), the league will really balk at the massive smokescreen that has most of the draftnik world convinced they've basically settled on taking Herbert and never much liked Tua anyway. If it's just smoke, it's a whole lot of smoke.

If they just take Herbert, like mocks are now seemingly predicting, I will be disappointed. This is a great draft, I'm not sold on him regardless, but the opportunity cost is just super high. Would be so much happier with their 1st and 3rd rounders being Jeudy/Fromm, say, than Herbert/BPA.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:23 PM   #208
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Pats just traded Gronkowski (& a 7th) to the Bucs for a 4th rounder.

Something for nothing, but would've preferred a comeback in like December buddy...
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #209
bhlloy
Coordinator

So in the mock NFL draft it took the Bengals two and a half minutes to make the first pick and there were issues throughout with GMs not knowing how to use the mute button.

This is both the most unsurprising thing ever and way funnier than it should be to me.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #210
miami_fan
Coordinator

How did Gronk get a physical to satisfy the Bucs doctors but not of the college players can't get that sort of physical?

Huh? HUH? CONSPIRACY!

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:21 PM   #211
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Geez, I know it's traditional for New Englanders to retire to Florida for their later years, but I thought football players were immune to it ...

The Pats were really over a barrel, Gronk probably wanted to play with Brady only, but if he had filed unretirement papers, the Pats would have to cut him anyway (His contract is for $10-12 million and the Pats have maybe $1 million under the cap)

I may ask for a Form FR-451: "Permission to also root for a non-hometown team without being called a bandwagoner"
Old 04-21-2020, 04:31 PM   #212
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Chargers nailed their uniform set.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:39 PM   #213
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Geez, I know it's traditional for New Englanders to retire to Florida for their later years, but I thought football players were immune to it ...

The Pats were really over a barrel, Gronk probably wanted to play with Brady only, but if he had filed unretirement papers, the Pats would have to cut him anyway (His contract is for $10-12 million and the Pats have maybe $1 million under the cap)

I may ask for a Form FR-451: "Permission to also root for a non-hometown team without being called a bandwagoner"

I think that y'all are exempted from having to get special permission.

If Brees and, say, Cam Jordan went to go play for their final year for a random AFC team, that team's games would get better ratings in New Orleans than it would in its home city.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 04-21-2020 at 04:40 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #214
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
How did Gronk get a physical to satisfy the Bucs doctors but not of the college players can't get that sort of physical?

Huh? HUH? CONSPIRACY!

I'm pretty sure Brady and his crew are immune to the virus. They have the spice

Last edited by Danny : 04-21-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:55 PM   #215
BishopMVP
Coordinator

I also don't think there's been any physical. Not sure if there needs to be if it's trading the rights to a technically retired player, but the deal also hasn't been officially announced.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #216
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Gronk had a physical with Massachusetts doctors who are sending it to TB
Old 04-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #217
molson
General Manager

He's probably healthier now than he's been in years.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #218
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The Saints draft should be somewhat uneventful because they need a LB and a WR, and there should be a good one that falls to them at 24.

But if there's a run on QBs and either Isiah Simmons or Jeff Okudah falls past the 8th pick, I hope the Saints go into Fuck It YOLO mode and trade next year's first to go up and get him.

Outside of Burrow and Young (who are going in the top 2 or 3 picks), those are my two "can you believe we got this guy!?" players in this draft.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:09 AM   #219
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I am still trying to figure out if there is fire behind the smoke and that the Dolphins are seriously considering bypassing Tua for Herbert.

Dolphins might be in a situation where if they were worried about his health at all they could take Tua with the #5 pick and get Love in the 2nd round.

I read about this great skill set and upside of Hebert but it just isnt the same things I was seeing when watching him play. You didnt watch Oregon Duck games and feel that WOW factor you felt when watching Alabama or LSU last year at the quarterback position.

With that said I am pretty awful at QB evaluation. I thought Winston was the best thing I had seen while I thought Watson floated far too many passes to have success in the NFL. I also thought Johnny Football, Brady Quinn, and Jake Locker were cant miss prospects.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:11 AM   #220
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The Saints draft should be somewhat uneventful because they need a LB and a WR, and there should be a good one that falls to them at 24.

But if there's a run on QBs and either Isiah Simmons or Jeff Okudah falls past the 8th pick, I hope the Saints go into Fuck It YOLO mode and trade next year's first to go up and get him.

Outside of Burrow and Young (who are going in the top 2 or 3 picks), those are my two "can you believe we got this guy!?" players in this draft.

Ive seen a couple mocks with them taking Patrick Queen from LSU. Do you think they have any interest in Jordan Love?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #221
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Ive seen a couple mocks with them taking Patrick Queen from LSU. Do you think they have any interest in Jordan Love?

Standing pat and getting Queen or Murray from Oklahoma seems like the boring-but-correct thing for them to do.

I'm not sure about Love. They have definitely met with him. And if they pick a QB, it is likely to be him and not Tua or Herbert.

But if they pick Love, then I wonder why they've insisted on keeping Taysom Hill as a QB for the last few years.

It seems like the smarter play for them would be to go into next season with Brees, Hill, and pre-camp-veteran-QB-signing-to-be-named-later.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:24 AM   #222
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I am still trying to figure out if there is fire behind the smoke and that the Dolphins are seriously considering bypassing Tua for Herbert.

Dolphins might be in a situation where if they were worried about his health at all they could take Tua with the #5 pick and get Love in the 2nd round.

It worked out pretty well for the Dolphins when they passed on Drew Brees due to concerns about his injury problems.
Old 04-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #223
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

My problem with Tua isnt just his injury concern (which is legitimate). Mine is that he probably had better WRs at Bama than Miami does. So is he one of the dreaded products of superior talent around him? Or is he the reason? I honestly cant get a good read on him and I watched lots of Bama games.

Last edited by HomerSimpson98 : 04-22-2020 at 09:06 AM.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #224
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Percy Harvin comeback? that seems unlikely
Old 04-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #225
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I hope the Steelers exit the draft with Jalen Hurts or Jake Fromm.

Last edited by stevew : 04-22-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #226
Atocep
Coordinator

My QB rankings so that they can be made fun of 5 years from now:

1.) Burrow

big gap

2.) Herbert
3.) Tua
4.) Hurts
5.) Fromm
6.) Love
7.) Eason
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM   #227
Thomkal
Head Coach

It's nice to be talking about "real sports" again, even if the draft won't be the spectacle like its been the past few years.

My Beloved Cards, who likely would have gone with a WR in the first round before the Hopkins trade, will still draft a WR at some point, but likely they will go O-Line or CB/S whatever falls to them at 8.
Old 04-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #228
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

1.) Burrow

big gap

2.) Herbert
3.) Tua
4.) Hurts
5.) Fromm
6.) Love
7.) Eason

They can make fun of me too because this is exactly how I have them as well. Though I think Herbert is actually pretty close to Burrow then there is a gap.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:04 PM   #229
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Oh, this is fun, as always...mine

Tua
(small space)
Burrow
(medium space)

Herbert
(small space)
Hurts
Morgan
Fromm
mostly pocket lint
Old 04-22-2020, 03:13 PM   #230
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My prediction:

1.) If Tua remains healthy, he will be a Pro Bowl QB within his first five years.

2.) Burrow will be a solid starter, but not elite.

3-4.) Hurts and Fromm will be low-end starters/quality backups

5-7.) Love, Herbert, and Eason won't make it in the league.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:18 PM   #231
QuikSand
lolzcat

i like it
Old 04-22-2020, 05:14 PM   #232
bhlloy
Coordinator

This might belong in the other thread, but I’m so irrationally excited about sitting in front of the TV with a few beers and watching something sport related I’m actually interested in tomorrow. Seriously considering the half day to preload and just veg reading draft previews. How sad is that?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #233
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This might belong in the other thread, but I’m so irrationally excited about sitting in front of the TV with a few beers and watching something sport related I’m actually interested in tomorrow. Seriously considering the half day to preload and just veg reading draft previews. How sad is that?

yes, this is clearly a case of being right for the wrong reasons, but thank you rodger.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #234
JPhillips
General Manager

I'm quite confident whoever the Bengals pick will not be the best QB of the class.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #235
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'm quite confident whoever the Bengals pick will not be the best QB of the class.

50+ years of history 2 quality QB's and 2 respectable qb's.....yeah, that'll definitely jade you after while.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #236
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
My problem with Tua isnt just his injury concern (which is legitimate). Mine is that he probably had better WRs at Bama than Miami does. So is he one of the dreaded products of superior talent around him? Or is he the reason? I honestly cant get a good read on him and I watched lots of Bama games.

I've had similar headscratching about him, and came to the sorta conclusion that when he's on he's on but when he's off he crashes back down to Earth really hard.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:28 PM   #237
cuervo72
Head Coach

He still played in the SEC, right? And wasn't named Peyton Manning?

Old 04-22-2020, 11:58 PM   #238
RendeR
Coordinator

SEC wan't all that this last couple seasons. With few exceptions.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:36 AM   #239
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:

Im with you. I set the alarm on my phone just in case something distracts me. I have been following mock drafts. I am planning on a little pre-party.

Go Sports

That and I always love watching Iowa guys drop. And we have another top 10 guy this year. And possibly, but doubtful, another that will go in the first.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #240
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:

Bit o' help requested: As much as I desperately want to do this too, I can't be anywhere near a TV or a computer tonight. So ... where can I watch the first round in its entirety AFTER the draft is actually done? Like, super late tonight?
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #241
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
Bit o' help requested: As much as I desperately want to do this too, I can't be anywhere near a TV or a computer tonight. So ... where can I watch the first round in its entirety AFTER the draft is actually done? Like, super late tonight?

Looks like NFL Network is showing a replay of the draft at 1:30 AM Friday Morning.

NFL Network Schedule: NFL Games Today and Football TV Programming | NFL.com
Old 04-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #242
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Looks like NFL Network is showing a replay of the draft at 1:30 AM Friday Morning.

NFL Network Schedule: NFL Games Today and Football TV Programming | NFL.com

Thanks! But ... yuck. That's not going to work. Anywhere else?
Old 04-23-2020, 12:37 PM   #243
henry296
College Starter

Do you have access to ESPN+, they might have a replay available. I'm seeing many of their recent shows so it might be there later tonight.

Any reason you can't record it?
Old 04-23-2020, 12:48 PM   #244
revrew
Team Chaplain

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Do you have access to ESPN+, they might have a replay available. I'm seeing many of their recent shows so it might be there later tonight.

Any reason you can't record it?

Well, yeah - I have no means of recording. Sorry; I should have specified, I'm looking for any online or digital options.

Thanks for the willingness to help, guys.
Old 04-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #245
spleen1015
Coordinator

I really want the Colts to take Jake Fromm. Not likely to happen.

I like QBs that play a lot in college, not 1 year wonders.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #246
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Roger Goodell must love this draft format. There are no live crowds to boo him.
Old 04-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #247
tarcone
Coordinator

Is this where the draft discussion will be or should someone make a separate thread?

Old 04-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #248
tarcone
Coordinator

Wirfs is THE BEST O lineman of the draft, hands down.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:06 PM   #249
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Is this where the draft discussion will be or should someone make a separate thread?

Let's discuss it in this thread.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #250
tarcone
Coordinator

Not that this is the mental health thread, but this pandemic has made me a lot more emotional. I tear up at a lot more things than I ever have before.