Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #501
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

You can have up to 20 during the preseason and 15 during the regular season.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #502
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
You can have up to 20 during the preseason and 15 during the regular season.

how does the game (specifically the CPU) handle this ? Do extra guys signed for the minimum and the released still count for the cap and/or the luxury tax ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #503
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Only cut salary above the minimum salary counts towards the cap. Luxury tax is charged on salary paid so cut salary does not apply.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #504
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If possible, could you still add that option to make it so the game doesn't automatically add filler player to draft classes when importing draft classes from fbcb?
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #505
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Are triple doubles tracked anywhere? Couldn't find it if so.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #506
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Are triple doubles tracked anywhere? Couldn't find it if so.

Yes ...archive /player records/overview
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #507
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Has anyone made a good european style league promotion/relegation type of league they can post for others to use if that's possible to share.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #508
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's a female first names list for all of the countries, in the off-chance some goofball other than me wants to play that way.

You'll want to go to your install directory, make a copy of and rename the existing First Names folder as "Men's First Names" that way you don't lose them when you're done being silly and playing WNBA.

Then you extract these name files into the First Names folder, it overwrites them and then your new league will have female named generated players, which saves you the trouble of having to delete the men who show up, even if you have a feeder league full of women names.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #509
mgsports
n00b

Thanks about the Female Names and also Griner might want to play on a Men's team to like the Mavericks so having both Female and Men's Names are okay. Also another problem is the WNBA Draft happen last Monday and season starts in May and we can't start a season in May and if we could then we could Sim NBA Offseason in Calender meaning Hiring Staff/Personal,Signing Unrestricted Free-Agents from July 1st to Opening Day can happen.

Also the Computer might be sending most of the Players to DL.
mgsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #510
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

How is the single player game? I'm not really interested in the historical options, I just want a set up like the NBA and I'll take it from there. (Trade AI, player progression, realism?)One thing I enjoyed about Heavy's last game that was released via cd was that it wasn't easy to build an elite team. It should take shrewd decisions and a bit of luck.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #511
whomario
Pro Starter

Possibly big problem : Way too many stars and superstars changing clubs in Free Agency (Curry, Griffin, Hibbert, Durant !)

Quote:

My explanation of how this works might have been confusing. The FBCB imports will take over only the league you select for them...most likely the US league. If you had the German league running as well, the game would still be creating a separate pool of new players for that league that would be mostly German. The biggest step here is that if an elite player pops up in the German pool, they wouldn't move over to the US draft.

But it´s in the plans to have it work like it would IRL ?

I do like that the FBCB players trickle into the other leagues, just had one of my all time favourites from FBCB sign with Real madrid
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #512
korme
Go Reds

Just got a runtime error '9' subscript out of range while simming a season. With .0.8

Last edited by korme : 04-21-2013 at 10:57 AM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #513
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
If possible, could you still add that option to make it so the game doesn't automatically add filler player to draft classes when importing draft classes from fbcb?

Or perhaps import the entire FBCB class? I thought I read somewhere that it only imports the top 20 FBCB players at each position.
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #514
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Possibly big problem : Way too many stars and superstars changing clubs in Free Agency (Curry, Griffin, Hibbert, Durant !)
Yeah, I (and the CPU) rarely re-sign any players before FA. Usually offering the max is enough to keep the players then, but I wonder if that could be tweaked. (Maybe this is a problem connected with starting a career in 2012 and the loyalty factor not kicking in fully?) Like, almost all players seem to not want to sign an extension and test Free Agency, but if I want to offer an average player like Chris Wilcox $15 million a year to re-sign, he should trip over himself running to sign it. So maybe have all players who aren't "unhappy" have a number (which is usually inflated and higher than they should get in FA) they want, or they'll try FA.

I also haven't looked too closely, but I think the fictional classes that start coming in in 2013 are a little top-heavy. It seems like the historical classes (once you get past the really weak early period) fluctuate between 3-10 Blue potential players, but many fictional classes have 10+ blue players. Of course, as I say that, I did a test run and only got 4 blue's and 8 green's in the draft preview, so maybe that was operator bias on my part. I'll try doing some tests later if I have time. I also felt like too many stud rookies come in at blue/blue - even a transcendent player like LeBron or KD or Kobe took a couple years to become the monsters they are.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 04-21-2013 at 12:51 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #515
korme
Go Reds

Small thing: Whenever I hit the scroll bar once going down (not using the button, just hitting empty space), it always scrolls 2 pages down as if I clicked it twice.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #516
korme
Go Reds

In my current sim, the 1981-82 Indiana Pacers have the potential to unleash a historic season. They're currently 7-0. Look at this starting 5!

Code:
Pacers 140, Jazz 111 - 11/13/1982 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1 2 3 4 T Pacers Leaders Jazz Leaders IND 31 46 35 28 140 Points: Larry Bird 52 Points: Steve Hawes 23 UTA 29 35 26 21 111 Rebounds: Darryl Dawkins 9 Rebounds: Dave Robisch 6 Assists: Magic Johnson 9 Assists: Phil Ford 7 Pacers (7-0): Player Pos Min Fgm-a 3pm-a Ftm-a Off Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF +/- Pts Darryl Dawkins C 16 1-1 0-0 4-4 2 9 0 0 3 3 3 8 6 Larry Bird PF 39 18-21 6-8 10-13 1 7 3 1 1 3 4 25 52 Michael Cooper SF 33 4-7 0-0 0-0 2 4 4 0 0 3 2 23 8 Billy Knight SG 33 7-16 0-0 7-10 1 6 2 0 0 2 3 20 21 Magic Johnson PG 36 7-8 0-0 9-14 1 2 9 3 0 6 0 20 23
Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #517
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbot View Post
Or perhaps import the entire FBCB class? I thought I read somewhere that it only imports the top 20 FBCB players at each position.

Oh that'd explain a lot.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #518
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
Thanks about the Female Names and also Griner might want to play on a Men's team to like the Mavericks so having both Female and Men's Names are okay. Also another problem is the WNBA Draft happen last Monday and season starts in May and we can't start a season in May and if we could then we could Sim NBA Offseason in Calender meaning Hiring Staff/Personal,Signing Unrestricted Free-Agents from July 1st to Opening Day can happen.

Also the Computer might be sending most of the Players to DL.

I don't have any desire or intention of running a summer basketball season. The way it's setup is just fine enough.

And you can't run women and men's names at the same time short of manual editing. So don't get any bright ideas.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #519
korme
Go Reds

Still having wonky DB issues. 1984 draft is here again and right off the bat we're missing Olajuwon, Bowie.

Barkley is not in this game, either.

--

It's weird because all these guys are showing up in the DB.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #520
korme
Go Reds

Is it possible to get a guy in multiple HOFs? Tried adding a guy who is a HOFer in ABA to NBA Hall of Fame, but his bar to add him is grayed out.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #521
korme
Go Reds

Also, HOF sorts by First name, which is weird.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:36 PM   #522
korme
Go Reds

Also HOF related:

It lists many guys playing at the wrong position. Click on a HOFer where it reads SF and his player card says he was a SG.

Also is it possible to get 1st Team/2nd Team/3rd Team all the way to Rookie Teams to just have 2 interchangable Guard slots, 2 for Forwards, and 1 center. Instead of it having to go to a "Shooting Guard", etc.

Last edited by korme : 04-21-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #523
korme
Go Reds

Possible to make a historical coach DB? I would work on it.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #524
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post

It shouldn't be adding anyone to the draft classes themselves but it does ensure there are a certain number of players in the league after the draft period or when you first start the game.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #525
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

Something to keep an eye on.

Quote:
But it´s in the plans to have it work like it would IRL ?

I'd like to head that way.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #526
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Just got a runtime error '9' subscript out of range while simming a season. With .0.8

Any specific info here? Was it on a certain day?
Old 04-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #527
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbot View Post

Certainly an option. Might just have to set it up that way and see how things work out. That would cover any issues with needing filler players.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #528
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
It shouldn't be adding anyone to the draft classes themselves but it does ensure there are a certain number of players in the league after the draft period or when you first start the game.

Gotcha.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #529
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Still having wonky DB issues. 1984 draft is here again and right off the bat we're missing Olajuwon, Bowie.

Barkley is not in this game, either.

--

It's weird because all these guys are showing up in the DB.

I'll just remove the DB check when using straight up historical drafts. It doesn't need to be there.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #530
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Is it possible to get a guy in multiple HOFs? Tried adding a guy who is a HOFer in ABA to NBA Hall of Fame, but his bar to add him is grayed out.

It should be enabled if you select the league you are trying to add him to in the drop down and he is not already added. It works the same on the retired players list or on the retired player profile.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #531
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Also HOF related:

It lists many guys playing at the wrong position. Click on a HOFer where it reads SF and his player card says he was a SG.

That actually should reflect the position he played the most. Need to look at changing the default position to reflect that as well. Been on my list for a bit.

Quote:
Also is it possible to get 1st Team/2nd Team/3rd Team all the way to Rookie Teams to just have 2 interchangable Guard slots, 2 for Forwards, and 1 center. Instead of it having to go to a "Shooting Guard", etc.

Probably more realistic that way. Don't think it would be too hard to change.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #532
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Possible to make a historical coach DB? I would work on it.

Possible but would want to add in normal coach files before I looked at that.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #533
korme
Go Reds

Liking what I'm seeing!

Code:
PLAYER DETAILS #42 C Wilt Chamberlain - Nationals ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 7-1 Weight: 281 DOB: 8/21/1936 (23) College: Kansas Exp: 0 Attributes: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Type INS JPS FTS 3PS HND PAS ORB DRB PSD PRD STL BLK QKN STR JMP STA ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Current: 94 11 33 0 38 17 94 88 77 12 17 83 75 95 80 95 Potential: A D D F D C A A A D D A Health: Good Status: Active Roster Salary: $0 Length: 0 Stat Averages: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season LGE TEAM G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1959 NBA SYR 34 34 38.4 49.7 5.2 18.8 2.1 5.1 0.40 0.9 5.2 2.0 Career 34 34 38.4 49.7 5.2 18.8 2.1 5.1 0.40 0.9 5.2 2.0
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #534
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
That actually should reflect the position he played the most. Need to look at changing the default position to reflect that as well. Been on my list for a bit.

In that case, I like it!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #535
korme
Go Reds

Re: Wilt

He only played 48 games because the Nationals have deactivated. He actually was only active when the Nats had 2 or more players injured. Strange.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #536
yeah826
High School JV

Would it be possible for different leagues to draft from the same draft pool and if a league is started during a season in a career the league would just grab there players from the available free agent pool if they can not just generate fictional players for it??

I think so teams in the ABA dont have players assigned to them like the Dallas Chaparalls and the Houston Mavericks in 1967... Ok so i was looking at BBall Ref it looks like the players who were suppose to be on those teams are in free agency

Last edited by yeah826 : 04-21-2013 at 08:56 PM.
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #537
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Re: Wilt

He only played 48 games because the Nationals have deactivated. He actually was only active when the Nats had 2 or more players injured. Strange.

Not sure I follow what you mean here. Deactivated him unless 2 or more players were injured?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:21 PM   #538
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Would it be possible for different leagues to draft from the same draft pool and if a league is started during a season in a career the league would just grab there players from the available free agent pool if they can not just generate fictional players for it??

I think so teams in the ABA dont have players assigned to them like the Dallas Chaparalls and the Houston Mavericks in 1967... Ok so i was looking at BBall Ref it looks like the players who were suppose to be on those teams are in free agency

Drafting from the same pool causes a whole bunch of complications.

Re: Chaparalls and Mavs: Would be an issue with abbreviations not matching the ones used in the DB. Forgot to note that I updated those when I made it possible for separate leagues using the DB. Here is the list of files for that league that might need updating and the correct abbreviations by year:

St Louis 2.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 HMV
1968 HMV
1969 CAR
1970 CAR
1971 CAR
1972 CAR
1973 CAR
1974 STL
1975 STL

San Diego.csv

Season Abbreviation
1972 SDQ
1973 SDQ
1974 SDQ
1975 SDQ

San Antonio.csv
1967 DLC
1968 DLC
1969 DLC
1970 DLC
1971 DLC
1972 DLC
1973 SAS
1974 SAS
1975 SAS

Miami 2.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 MNM
1968 MFL
1969 MFL
1970 MFL
1971 MFL

Oakland.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 OAK
1968 OAK
1969 WAC
1970 VAS
1971 VAS
1972 VAS
1973 VAS
1974 VAS
1975 VAS

Brooklyn.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 NJA
1968 NYN
1969 NYN
1970 NYN
1971 NYN
1972 NYN
1973 NYN
1974 NYN
1975 NYN

Pittsburgh 2.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 PTP
1968 PTP
1969 PTP
1970 PTP
1971 PTP

Memphis2.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 NOB
1968 NOB
1969 NOB
1970 MMP
1971 MMP
1972 MMP
1973 MMP
1974 MMP

Kentucky.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 KYC
1968 KYC
1969 KYC
1970 KYC
1971 KYC
1972 KYC
1973 KYC
1974 KYC
1975 KYC

Anaheim 2.csv
Season Abbreviation
1967 ANA
1968 LAS
1969 LAS
1970 UTS
1971 UTS
1972 UTS
1973 UTS
1974 UTS
1975 UTS
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #539
HarryLime
Mascot

I luv this game

At the end of the 1978 Season, Moses Malone left my New Orleans Jazz because he wanted to play on a better team

End of that season :

New Orleans Jazz Championships : 1
Moses Malone Championships : 0

Bad move Moses!
HarryLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:43 AM   #540
Groundhog
Coordinator

"Moses parts the Mississippi River"

The headline writes itself.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #541
mgsports
n00b

Rookie/Free Agent Camp happens in Summer and is not in Game yet and when put in Orlando and Las Vegas as the sites where the Games are played
I would like to see a Ladie on my Team.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #542
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
Rookie/Free Agent Camp happens in Summer and is not in Game yet and when put in Orlando and Las Vegas as the sites where the Games are played
I would like to see a Ladie on my Team.

The lady thing is not happening. As DC already tried to explain, the database can only hold mens or womens names. If you do both you will have both mens and womens names all over your game.

Feel free to edit one of the guys on your roster to be Brittany Griner if you would like MG

Last edited by muns : 04-22-2013 at 07:45 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #543
mgsports
n00b

Thanks I knew that and they could be an Option to choose either kind.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #544
korme
Go Reds

Have you made a recent change to the historical DB, hr? There seems to be an awful lot more guys that are blue/green than before.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:02 PM   #545
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Not sure I follow what you mean here. Deactivated him unless 2 or more players were injured?

Yes, it was funky and only happened during his rookie season. Taken #1 overall by Syracuse, they fielded a roster of 15 men that season. He started as inactive, though he was blue/blue and IIRC the next best guys were yellow/yellow. It would take 2 guys getting injured (and thus taking up the inactive slots) for them to activate Wilt. Even though he was clearly their best player.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #546
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Have you made a recent change to the historical DB, hr? There seems to be an awful lot more guys that are blue/green than before.

I'd expect that would be from a few patches ago when I made the game expect players to be shorter in historical leagues.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #547
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Yes, it was funky and only happened during his rookie season. Taken #1 overall by Syracuse, they fielded a roster of 15 men that season. He started as inactive, though he was blue/blue and IIRC the next best guys were yellow/yellow. It would take 2 guys getting injured (and thus taking up the inactive slots) for them to activate Wilt. Even though he was clearly their best player.

This is going to be something we'll have to watch for so I can look at it as it is happening.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #548
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I'd expect that would be from a few patches ago when I made the game expect players to be shorter in historical leagues.

If that's the case, then it is just a matter of me adjusting to it. I'm seeing ~10 blue guys per draft, with teams having 8-10 green minimum guys. As long as I know the game isn't inflated, it's just a matter of me getting used to it then.

Or, can the game not expect that to be the case once we reach the 70s/80s?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:55 PM   #549
korme
Go Reds

Brian, when editing players in the league editor who have ratings over 100, if you edit their current, their potential that is >100 automatically drops down to 100. I don't know if thats by design but you can't edit anything over 100.

Found this out editing Rodman to higher rebound currents as a rookie, and it messed up his potentials. Sue me, it's my league.

Last edited by korme : 04-22-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #550
korme
Go Reds

Was watching a game as human coach, my C fouled out of the game. I immediately changed team control to CPU coach just so I wouldn't have to bother making the sub... He never came out of the game until the following dead ball. So he got some run in the game with 6 fouls.

To make matters worse, I went to view the PBP after the game and hit Print to see if I could show you, and the game froze.