Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #2751
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ouch.

On the bright side we shouldn't have to worry about Oratory because of our ally. We should nail down this camp easily.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #2752
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In early 1920, the coal owners and operators across southern West Virginia lowered coal tonnage prices paid to miners, especially in Mingo County and one of its towns, Matewan.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-07-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM   #2753
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I could see the sympathizers arresting one of their own, especially since it seems to be a one day thing. I would not put someone high in CoT case they were arrested
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #2754
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Ouch.

On the bright side we shouldn't have to worry about Oratory because of our ally. We should nail down this camp easily.

Thats true, we look good then.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:16 AM   #2755
Danny
Head Coach

Food Distribution: 10
Oratory: 10
Hunting: 8

If Lathum, EF and I all work Food distribution today we will be at 9 points and look very strong for tomorrow.

Oratory is taken care of.

For hunting, who do we have for x3?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #2756
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote ntndeacon
Old 05-07-2009, 12:24 AM   #2757
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

work food distribution
Old 05-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #2758
Danny
Head Coach

Looks like we have no one who is x3 hunting. So with 13 players it looks like we could go with this over the next two days.

Today
Food- Lathum, Danny, EagleFan
Hunting three random players
Mission- the other 7 players

Tomorrow
Food- Two of EF, Danny and Lathum
Hunting the other 11 players

Something along those lines.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #2759
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Go on Mission
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 AM   #2760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Work food distribution
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #2761
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Danny, It might behoove us to close out Food distribution today. that way sympathizers cannot affect it on the second day. Also I am concerned that more than one will die in the next 2 days,
Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 AM   #2762
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Danny, It might behoove us to close out Food distribution today. that way sympathizers cannot affect it on the second day. Also I am concerned that more than one will die in the next 2 days,

That's a good point and I agree.

So, EF, Danny, Lathum and Barkeep on Food distribution.

Two people on Hunting and 7 on the mission. Then with a death tomorrow we have 12 people to put on hunting to finish it off.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:39 AM   #2763
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Claphamsa

He hasn't accused me of being a wolf yet and overall has not played his crazy style. He is also one of about 5 who is most likely to be a wolf (I am in that group too).
Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #2764
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

EagleFan, You are making a mistake thinking I am of a sympathizing bent. I am a union man through and through. Yes I missed "day" 3 that was over the weekend right beofre exams. I spent most of that weekend not anywhere near here.

from your very quick analysis in the Cot, you are concerned about my "absence" other than that day Ihave been here. I am and have been helping the union get stronger. I will go further, there are things I have done unknown by the majority of the group.. things given that have not been revealed as of yet. notice also that the things we know I have given have been to people we have strong faith in.

In your Cot, I see 2 errors, I would not (and do not) have Usfl to be quite that high. I am leary of this night of silence as being any type of proof of someone's good intentions. Obviously I see myself as being higher than you have me. I hope my points raise me some in mosts eyes too.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #2765
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of 2764

Food Distribution: Danny x3 (2750), EagleFan x3 (2757), Lathum x3 (2760) (9/10)

Oratory: automatic

Hunting: (0/8)

Mission: ntndeacon (2759) (0/?)

ntndeacon 1 - EagleFan (2756)
claphamsa 1 - Danny (2763)

No work orders: Barkeep49, jeheinz72, Chief Rum, Lathum, DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo, Glengoyne, claphamsa, PurdueBrad, RendeR

No vote: Barkeep49, jeheinz72, Chief Rum, Lathum, DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo, Glengoyne, claphamsa, ntndeacon, PurdueBrad, RendeR
Old 05-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #2766
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
EagleFan, You are making a mistake thinking I am of a sympathizing bent. I am a union man through and through. Yes I missed "day" 3 that was over the weekend right beofre exams. I spent most of that weekend not anywhere near here.

from your very quick analysis in the Cot, you are concerned about my "absence" other than that day Ihave been here. I am and have been helping the union get stronger. I will go further, there are things I have done unknown by the majority of the group.. things given that have not been revealed as of yet. notice also that the things we know I have given have been to people we have strong faith in.

In your Cot, I see 2 errors, I would not (and do not) have Usfl to be quite that high. I am leary of this night of silence as being any type of proof of someone's good intentions. Obviously I see myself as being higher than you have me. I hope my points raise me some in mosts eyes too.

USFL's position in the trust list has changed now that we see the sympathizers can do more than just throw someone in jail during a day. My reasoning before was that if they could do one or the other why would they waste the power on silencing one of their own?

Now that we see more can happen on a day where someone is thrown in jail we also have an increased chance of a conversion which means that Lathum, myself and Chief Rum should also drop on the trust list with several chances of a conversion by now.

I am not set on this vote yet, but want to see how the day plays out.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #2767
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Darn. Well that was figured.

Was nice knowing ya 'Norm.

I've got some folks in the office tomorrow, so my time will be limited. Especially in the AM. I think I'll get some things started now. The mission looks to be critical, if you buy into the thought that the village is on the edge of the abyss.

If someone can do the math, like I did the other night, we should min/max this thing. I'd bet that there can't be another arrest today, so our three pointers should be able to get us moved along. We should absolutely count on an arrest for day two of this affair, and add that into our calculations.

IIRC Oratory is handled for us, and guaranteed.

The mission is most important for us today, in my mind. So...

go on mission

----------------
While I'm putting place holders in place

NTN and DT were the only two non-cleared folks on PurdueBrad day 5. DT seems to have garnered some trust. Convincingly enough for me, at least.

VOTE NTNDeacon
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:25 AM   #2768
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Damn I missed a whole bunch of posts.

I was actually thinking that I would be starting the voting for NTN, but EagleFan beat me to the punch.

Danny put the work plan together.

NTN filled the hole I saw in it, by suggesting we finish something off today.

So the two folks I have highest on my suspect list seem to be the most like minded with me.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #2769
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I also agree that USFL should be no where near a COT at this time.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:31 AM   #2770
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Damn I missed a whole bunch of posts.

I was actually thinking that I would be starting the voting for NTN, but EagleFan beat me to the punch.

Danny put the work plan together.

NTN filled the hole I saw in it, by suggesting we finish something off today.

So the two folks I have highest on my suspect list seem to be the most like minded with me.

Maybe all three of us our wolves . I actually don't suspect NTN that much. I think when this game is over someone high in our CoT will turn out to be a wolf. But again we have to focus on those who are not.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:32 AM   #2771
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote Clap

his back and forth with Pass then dissapearing act has tweaked me for a few days.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:07 AM   #2772
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lathun's instincts and mine have seemed to gel in this game, for whatever reason. Clap was the first guy I thought of, too. So that's where I'll put my vote for now, until (and if) we get any more information to help us.

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:07 AM   #2773
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have no real useful skill for the daily work today, so I figure it is as good a time as any for me to go on a mission.

GO ON MISSION

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:22 AM   #2774
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Let me get this in now so I don't forget. Especially since, I believe, Norm was our last x3 at this, which means we need 8 people:

work on hunting
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 AM   #2775
Danny
Head Coach

Food Distribution: Danny x3 (2750), EagleFan x3 (2757), Lathum x3 (2760) (9/10)

Oratory: automatic

Hunting: PurdueBrad (2774) (1/8)

Mission: ntndeacon (2759) (0/?), Chief Rum (2773), Glengoyne (2767)

ntndeacon 2 - EagleFan (2756), Glengoyne (2767)
claphamsa 3 - Danny (2763), Lathum (2771), Chief Rum (2772)

No work orders: Barkeep49, jeheinz72, DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo, claphamsa, RendeR

No vote: Barkeep49, jeheinz72, DaddyTorgo, USFLTecmo, claphamsa, ntndeacon, PurdueBrad, RendeR
Old 05-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #2776
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Another CoT rundown:

Most Trusted
- TheNorm
- Barkeep49

Next Level
- jeheinz72 (1 in 12 shot at being cunning, if exists, lowest chance of conversion among this level)
- EagleFan (0% shot at being cunning, middle of the road chance at conversion)
- Chief Rum (1 in 12 shot at being cunning, similar conversion chance as EF)
- Lathum (1 in 12 shot at being cunning, highest conversion chance of this level)

Middle of the Road:
- DaddyTorgo (caused explosion to possibly prevent a night action)
- USFLTecmo (arrested, if arrests cause lack of night action then why risk keeping a wolf out of the action for a day)
- Glengoyne (lack of participation by Schmidty would bring too much attention to himself if a wolf, snce Glengoyne has taken the spot he has not appeared to be wolfish)

At risk:
- claphamsa (some curious decisions and quiet play)
- ntndeacon (has been pretty absent)
- Danny (some questionable votes)
- PurdueBrad (questionable work action, a few curious votes)
- RendeR (no real feel, though my gut says to elevate him to middle of the road)

what curious decisions?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #2777
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Vote Claphamsa

He hasn't accused me of being a wolf yet and overall has not played his crazy style. He is also one of about 5 who is most likely to be a wolf (I am in that group too).

omg ur a wolf!!!!!

vote danny

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #2778
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

work on hunting

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 AM   #2779
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote DT

I passed DT some dynamite early yesterday after his success blowing stuff up. He then lied about not getting any more dynamite, which I didn't view as suspicious. However, he did fail to use the dynamite last night. That would have saved TheNorm.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 AM   #2780
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Claphamsa
Vote DaddyTorgo

No way DT doesn't save our seer if he is good
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #2781
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Vote DT

I passed DT some dynamite early yesterday after his success blowing stuff up. He then lied about not getting any more dynamite, which I didn't view as suspicious. However, he did fail to use the dynamite last night. That would have saved TheNorm.
As a note: I got the dynamite originally from NTN. It was made clear that I didn't know what to do with it, so I sat with it, until something good appeared to come along.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #2782
Danny
Head Coach

If DT is indeed bad, that helps us tremendously. It helps to sort of clear PurdueBrad as DT put the finishing touches on him before my vote saved him. I think it also helps me gain some of the trust I lost back as I would have been crazy to pull what I did in a villager/villager showdown as a wolf.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #2783
Danny
Head Coach

I think it also helps to give NTN some trust then.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #2784
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not too surprised about DT, having dynamite used on a night where the seer couldn't do anything did seem like an odd way to try and gain trust.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #2785
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK's info seems pretty damning, particularly then with the loss of Norm.

vote DT
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #2786
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow DT.....Im not gonna move (yet) since I dont want a runaway.... but wow.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #2787
Danny
Head Coach

I consider BK the most trusted person in the game as I find it very very unlikely our roled players would have the possibility of being converted. I don't see how we can vote any other way today.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:32 AM   #2788
Danny
Head Coach

BK, out of curiosity, did DT know that the dynamite came from you?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #2789
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, out of curiosity, did DT know that the dynamite came from you?
I knew the dynamite came from ntn. I believe others have stated that they also knew where passed items came from.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:43 AM   #2790
Danny
Head Coach

That's weird that DT would hide that then. I could see it if he thought it was from someone who untrusted like NTN, but you'd think he would have to know you would say something about it.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #2791
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That's weird that DT would hide that then. I could see it if he thought it was from someone who untrusted like NTN, but you'd think he would have to know you would say something about it.
It is weird. If he couldn't have used it that night I would hope he wouldn't have lied about not getting anything. Actually, I would have hoped he'd have revealed that straight off when he started asking for more dynamite. Lying as a villager is always a tricky thing to do. In this case it might have been justified if he could have saved TheNorm. That failure though...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #2792
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Vote DT

Fuck! we lost norm?

I lied about it obviously so I wouldn't become a target if/when we lost norm.

and if you notice last night i did engage in conversation with people in the thread about whether we thought because there was an arrest we thought a night kill was likely. the consensus of those in the thread seemed to be that we wouldn't see both, therefore i thought i'd save the dynamite and we wouldn't have a night kill yesterday since we had an arrest, and i'd use the dynamite tonight when they would have a chance to night kill
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #2793
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lynch me if you like - unfortunately i'm just a villager.

i think there's definately stronger candidates from earlier days who we have sort of "forgotten" about though
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #2794
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

On March 20, 1920 a Commission established by Woodrow Wilson to settle mining strike agreed to a 34% increase in pay for miners and 20% increase in pay for day men. After the pay cut earlier in the year, the mines in Southern WV, still ununionized, chose not to increase pay by the amount recommended by Wilson’s commission.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #2795
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is what I'm afraid of now. Also, I'm thinking that Abe knew when he put the game together that the wolves would have the ability to block camps at will, using the arrest mechanic.

With the night kills not coming on the same day as the arrests, does that indicate that an arrest uses up the night kill action? Or does it prevent a kill, but allow for a bribe/conversion? Given that it looks like we're setup for a long game...maybe there aren't any conversions. The bribe amounts/immunity are just a distraction.

Sorry with so little information, I'm just trying to figure out what game we're playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
so do we think since there was an arrest there won't be a night kill tonight?

Quote:
I would bet on no night kill.

Quote:
I'm thinking that the arrests have been so effective, that the wolves are either using that option at every opportunity they have or they are balancing the arrests with the night kills. The other option would seemingly be that they can use an arrest in the day, and still convert/kill at night. Which would simply mean that most everyone is a wolf, and that Abe himself is a sympathizer.

Quote:
If the wolves can kill/convert and arrest on the same we are screwed because there have already been two nights with no kill/block which would mean there was a conversion.

this was the line of conversation (ending at 12:52am when i still had time) that led me to thinking that they couldn't do both.

I also find it interesting how hot EagleFan has been to jump on me since yesterday morning
Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #2796
Danny
Head Coach

I think we should consider letting DT live today and having him use the dynamite tonight. If he doesn't we can lynch him tomorrow, but if he does it will at least save us from a night kill tonight and help complete work tomorrow. I'm not really sure this game is going to be decided by lynching anyway.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #2797
Danny
Head Coach

And I could actually understand that line of thinking from DT.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #2798
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote DT

I may move this back in the end, but because his dynamite could really help us I think it's worth letting him live one more day.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #2799
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

plus you gain my work today (and tomorrow when i show i'm good)
Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #2800
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

an aside about the dynamite that BK passed me - it's "more powerful" than the stuff I used the first night. So there's a chance it might have some negative effects (or so i gather from the writeup i got from abe)