Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2004, 03:50 AM   #1
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Former Seahawk Chris Warren on Washington state's "most wanted" list

Associated Press
SEATTLE -- Former Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Warren is on Washington state's "most wanted" list of deadbeat parents.

Warren owes $103,147 in child support to the mother of his two children, according to the state Division of Child Support.

"I'm not looking to slam Chris," Monique Mulloy, the mother of Warren's children, said Thursday. "But I'm at my wits' end."

Warren is supposed to pay $5,000 a month to support his two daughters, ages 10 and 11. He hasn't paid anything in a year, Mulloy said.

"We're living paycheck to paycheck," she said Thursday. Just as devastating, she said, is that Warren has cut off his relationship with his daughters.

"I'm really disappointed," Mulloy said. "I never thought he would completely walk away from his kids."

State officials asked Mulloy for permission before posting Warren's information this week on the division's deadbeat parent Web site, which is standard procedure. She provided the photo that shows Warren in his football uniform.

Warren's last known address was in Chantilly, Va., according to the Web site. Attempts by The Associated Press to contact Warren on Thursday were unsuccessful.

---------------------------------------------------

He shouldn't have deserted his kids, but $5,000 a month? This woman has the nerve to complain that they're living "paycheck to paycheck?" Someone needs to clue her in on what her life would be like if she had got knocked up by a guy who works at McDonalds. Damn, for 5 large a month I'll raise those kids... She didn't learn to put a little something away? Welcome to the real world lady, where many Americans actually do live "paycheck to paycheck."

BigJohn&TheLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:19 AM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm just glad that you didn't title this thread " Former Cowboy Chris Warren on Washington state's 'most wanted' list"...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 06:17 AM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Actually if he owes 100 plus it means he hasn't been paying out money for well over a year and close to two. Quite possible that any money she had put away has been used up and they are having to live off of her paycheck which might be quite meager. While I'm not saying 5k a month is a fair amount I certainly wouldn't jump to the conclusion that she is falsely crying poverty.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:56 AM   #4
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
Associated Press
SEATTLE -- Former Seattle Seahawks running back Chris Warren is on Washington state's "most wanted" list of deadbeat parents.

Warren owes $103,147 in child support to the mother of his two children, according to the state Division of Child Support.

"I'm not looking to slam Chris," Monique Mulloy, the mother of Warren's children, said Thursday. "But I'm at my wits' end."

Warren is supposed to pay $5,000 a month to support his two daughters, ages 10 and 11. He hasn't paid anything in a year, Mulloy said.

"We're living paycheck to paycheck," she said Thursday. Just as devastating, she said, is that Warren has cut off his relationship with his daughters.

"I'm really disappointed," Mulloy said. "I never thought he would completely walk away from his kids."

State officials asked Mulloy for permission before posting Warren's information this week on the division's deadbeat parent Web site, which is standard procedure. She provided the photo that shows Warren in his football uniform.

Warren's last known address was in Chantilly, Va., according to the Web site. Attempts by The Associated Press to contact Warren on Thursday were unsuccessful.

---------------------------------------------------

He shouldn't have deserted his kids, but $5,000 a month? This woman has the nerve to complain that they're living "paycheck to paycheck?" Someone needs to clue her in on what her life would be like if she had got knocked up by a guy who works at McDonalds. Damn, for 5 large a month I'll raise those kids... She didn't learn to put a little something away? Welcome to the real world lady, where many Americans actually do live "paycheck to paycheck."

$5000 a month is only $60,000 a year. It's not an outrageous sum for someone who made millions playing football. Anyway, your post makes it sound like you think it is solely her responsibility to provide the kids, and that is not in any way true. Furthermore, obviously the amount was determined by a court ruling, and the court would have had to take all that into account.

Bottom line - he is responsible for providing for his children, both morally and legally, and I have no sympathy for people who do what Warren has apparently done.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 12:52 PM   #5
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintl
$5000 a month is only $60,000 a year. It's not an outrageous sum for someone who made millions playing football. Anyway, your post makes it sound like you think it is solely her responsibility to provide the kids, and that is not in any way true. Furthermore, obviously the amount was determined by a court ruling, and the court would have had to take all that into account.

Bottom line - he is responsible for providing for his children, both morally and legally, and I have no sympathy for people who do what Warren has apparently done.

I did not mean to imply that it is solely her responsibility to provide for her children. I simply think it is wrong to pay out enourmous amounts of cash to "provide" for child support. Support should be based on a 50/50 split. If a man if forced to pay $5,000 a month than the woman should have to show where that $5,000 is spent and provide proof of her $5,000 spent. If he was a good father and sued for custody and won would he receive 5 grand a month?

A friend of mine had custody of his kids and rarely got a dime from their mother. He then was sued for custody and since he had three other children (5 total) living in a two bedroom house he thought it would be best for them to live with their mother. He promptly got hit with a fairly large support payment. One time I was there when the mother dropped the kids off and made the announcment that she was off to the bar because she had the support check come in that day.

Nobody has seen Warren for a while, right? Let's say for a moment that he met a horrible fate and OD'ed somewhere. He's unable to pay then, and if he had no more cash the kids and their mother get nothing. Then she is forced to live "paycheck to paycheck."

That said, Warren is a bastard for not having contact with his kids if it simply because he doesn't want to. Even if it is due to the woman playing games with the kids to hurt him (as I have seen also) he needs to be there for his children.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #6
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
I simply think it is wrong to pay out enourmous amounts of cash to "provide" for child support. Support should be based on a 50/50 split. If a man if forced to pay $5,000 a month than the woman should have to show where that $5,000 is spent and provide proof of her $5,000 spent. If he was a good father and sued for custody and won would he receive 5 grand a month?
I love that idea.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:30 PM   #7
clintl
College Starter

These things are usually determined by income, and I think it completely fair that the children should be entitled to a percentage of their father's income for their upbringing. I do not agree with you at all that the responsibility should be equal in dollar amounts, unless the parents have equal income, which is clearly not the case here. And yes, if we were talking about a deadbeat mom supermodel whose middle class ex had custody of their children, I would expect, and I think the courts would mandate, a generous child support payment, too. It's just not a situation that comes up that often.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #8
Tasan
College Starter

Yeah I love that idea too. I have a good friend that always makes is child support payments on time. He also knows, though, that a good deal of that support doesn't get to his kid, but also to the other kids that his ex has. It really makes me mad. If you don't spend all that money for the kid, then put the rest into a college fund or something. And this lady has the gall to drag him into court whenever he gets the slightest raise as well. And I know this guy showers stuff on his kid whenever he gets him as well. Its definately not like this guy just ignores his kid or something.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:33 PM   #9
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
I did not mean to imply that it is solely her responsibility to provide for her children. I simply think it is wrong to pay out enourmous amounts of cash to "provide" for child support. Support should be based on a 50/50 split. If a man if forced to pay $5,000 a month than the woman should have to show where that $5,000 is spent and provide proof of her $5,000 spent. If he was a good father and sued for custody and won would he receive 5 grand a month?

A friend of mine had custody of his kids and rarely got a dime from their mother. He then was sued for custody and since he had three other children (5 total) living in a two bedroom house he thought it would be best for them to live with their mother. He promptly got hit with a fairly large support payment. One time I was there when the mother dropped the kids off and made the announcment that she was off to the bar because she had the support check come in that day.

Nobody has seen Warren for a while, right? Let's say for a moment that he met a horrible fate and OD'ed somewhere. He's unable to pay then, and if he had no more cash the kids and their mother get nothing. Then she is forced to live "paycheck to paycheck."

That said, Warren is a bastard for not having contact with his kids if it simply because he doesn't want to. Even if it is due to the woman playing games with the kids to hurt him (as I have seen also) he needs to be there for his children.

I agree. But you must becareful u might be called a sexiest(sp?)
Old 05-07-2004, 01:39 PM   #10
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan
Yeah I love that idea too. I have a good friend that always makes is child support payments on time. He also knows, though, that a good deal of that support doesn't get to his kid, but also to the other kids that his ex has. It really makes me mad. If you don't spend all that money for the kid, then put the rest into a college fund or something. And this lady has the gall to drag him into court whenever he gets the slightest raise as well. And I know this guy showers stuff on his kid whenever he gets him as well. Its definately not like this guy just ignores his kid or something.

Are you taking into account that the childsupport money goes towards paying rent/mortgage, utilities, and groceries? It's not just for all those "extra" things like when Timmy wants fancier sneakers or a new video game. Try looking it at the angle that getting the childsupport money helps her free up some of her own money, which then allows her to spend more on the other kids.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #11
ZXTT
n00b

I don't have a problem with him owing child support and don't particularly care for people who don't see their kids, but: $5000 a month must be based on his football salary. I doubt he could make $60,000 a year now, let alone pay that much after taxes and his own living expenses. So it has to come out of his assets - but given the lifestyle some of them try to live and the fact that I'd guess he didn't make quite as many millions as some may think - I wonder if anything is left.

Then what? Go to jail because you used to make a lot of money and now owe child support based on that level of income? I would think that a court with any sense would take the money up front and put it into a trust fund so the parent doesn't land themselves in this kind of mess by depleting their assets prematurely.
ZXTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #12
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXTT
I don't have a problem with him owing child support and don't particularly care for people who don't see their kids, but: $5000 a month must be based on his football salary. I doubt he could make $60,000 a year now, let alone pay that much after taxes and his own living expenses. So it has to come out of his assets - but given the lifestyle some of them try to live and the fact that I'd guess he didn't make quite as many millions as some may think - I wonder if anything is left.

Then what? Go to jail because you used to make a lot of money and now owe child support based on that level of income? I would think that a court with any sense would take the money up front and put it into a trust fund so the parent doesn't land themselves in this kind of mess by depleting their assets prematurely.

Then he should go file to have his payment readjusted. Just like she can file to have it readjusted if he earns more, he can have it readjusted if he earns less.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 03:59 PM   #13
RendeR
Coordinator

What Telle says is the best way to handle it, though I think there should be some stipulation based on his access to the kids, if he, for example, simply refuses to see them or be a part of their life, then its his loss and he should still pay, however if the inability to see the kids is because the ex is keeping him from them, then they should mediate his payments accordingly.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:26 PM   #14
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
I agree. But you must becareful u might be called a sexiest(sp?)

I would wear the label like a badge of honor. Maybe I'll get a t-shirt made!
Old 05-08-2004, 01:29 PM   #15
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan

My ex lives with her mother and our kid. One time she was bitching about needing more money because she can't support both the kid and her mother (who doesn't work) on what I'm paying. I simply told her that if it was that big of a problem I would gladly take custody. That shut her up!