Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2021, 04:49 AM   #51
Stanley92
n00b

I finally got a file for starting a historical run from 2002. 2500 players in at that year with around 65 players for each team, rest as FA.
In testphase now maybe some tiny edits left,
but so glad I could with Wudus help finish of this roster. Got those last players in place with that huge project of Wudu.
Starting that 2002 season results in Teams pre-start cut their rosters to 60 players, and not a single fictional players is signed, but 3-4 real FA are signed to cover what the AI thinks is vital. It looks good
When using playerfile.exe the CSV description say that starting file can't be bigger than 2500 players and some low ends fictional players are added to cover positions in need.
Temtping to add more of those FA, players allocated to Europe or CFL,Arena Football, but that might not be possible. Also a bit afraid that the porcentage of the ranking could be affected. 0-9 is based on what actually, 2500 players ?

Now I have to rely on those Draft files going forward. That is what the test is now.
Make an effort to get something out pre Christmas.

Stanley92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #52
Wudu2
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Fascinating. You probably know more about all of this than I do. What I was told was that no one could do ratings. The first part of the project was to add a few hundred players for each season who never played a down or were drafted. They don't need to be rated.

The idea was that they would fill out draft classes and initial player files instead of the fictional players. I called that group the Flotsam. Unfortunately, the person who was originally supposed to lead the work had his baseball load increased and the person who this was then farmed out to apparently never saw my spec sheet and simply mined archives.

I think you have an idea of just how massive this project would be. Football is so different from baseball with its huge formal draft and several tiers of professional leagues.

Yeah, ratings were and are still the biggest hangup. Even after 2+ years, my files only have overall potential ratings, basically player/league comparatives. Football is the teamiest of team sports and it's impossible to rank position specific skills in a vacuum like you mostly can in baseball or 5v5 sports like Basketball and Hockey.

Oh well, if anything it lead me to a nice diverting project during the pandemic. Hopefully someone with some coding skills is inspired to include this stuff in the next evolution of Football sims.
Wudu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:14 AM   #53
Stanley92
n00b

I was trying to work with FOFDraftRosterUtil but end up with some Java test problems now.
The creator of this pgm have set a test on contracts lower than 500,000 USD could not be in this csv-file, which is sad for my edited 2002 file. Lowest salries back then was 220,000 USD.
Yes I stumbled into trying to get as many salaries (within gamelimits) to be on the players. Huge work, but I'm getting there.
Was hoping this nice utility pgm could help with some finetuning of skills for some players on the specific areas. Lots of players just have random set 0 to skills I think should be on some players to make him "special".
Some like Spec-teams stars of teams in 2002 is left with random 0, but picking all those columns would be easier with this FOFDraftRosterUtil.

Guess it's an easy thing if one knew Java and could make a small edit in the pgm to omit any salary testing.

Any help from skilled blokes ??

(The extra time popping this file 2002.csv/2002.fdt up is because Wudu fantastic work has to be checked towards this file and lots of edits made. Wudu thanks for clearing up some things and I go with most your ratings, which is different on some in that old FOF7-8 file)

Last edited by Stanley92 : 01-19-2022 at 05:16 AM.
Stanley92 is offline   Reply With Quote