Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #551
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This dude tells no lies.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 08:29 PM   #552
miami_fan
Coordinator

He is right.

AND

He knew that when he went on his recruiting visits. I don't know what he is getting in NIL but I would be tempting to send him an alumni donation request letter right now.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:19 AM   #553
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal Carolina gets a headstart on the college football schedule traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia State at 7:30 pm tonight on ESPN2. Last year's game was a doozy with Coastal losing 42-40. QB McCall was out for this game, so hoping to not have such a close one with the 0-3 Georgia State team. They almost beat North Carolina this season, and lost by a point to Charlotte, so hopefully the Chants don't overlook them
Old 09-22-2022, 11:25 AM   #554
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

I'll raise you this Utah fan.

Utah student allegedly said she would blow up nuclear reactor if Utes football team lost

Quote:
A University of Utah student was arrested Wednesday after she allegedly threatened to detonate a nuclear reactor on campus if the Utes football team had lost to San Diego State over the weekend, according to radio station KSL in Utah.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:36 AM   #555
HerRealName
College Prospect

NM State vs Hawaii is a huge game this weekend. The loser has an outstanding chance at the anti-National Championship.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:51 AM   #556
Ksyrup

The last time I played NCAA FB on Xbox almost a decade ago, NM State was one of several teams I would play with as a big challenge. Several others have actually risen above deplorable since then (Washington State, Indiana). It's nice to see that if the new game comes out and I decide to play again, some things will not have changed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-22-2022, 02:00 PM   #557
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
NM State vs Hawaii is a huge game this weekend. The loser has an outstanding chance at the anti-National Championship.

NMSU ALMOST came back from a 17-0 halftime deficit to beat UTEP a couple weeks ago. They came back and got within a touchdown in the 4th quarter, down 20-13. The Aggies got the ball back with four minutes left in the game, drove 60 yards down the field to the UTEP 13 with only 15 seconds to go. The NMSU QB tried to run the ball (which he had been doing well), got hit by a UTEP defender, and fumbled the ball away...recovered by the Miners. The Miners kneeled to end the game.

I don't know if that recap reflects worse on NMSU or UTEP. They're both trash teams this year.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 09-22-2022 at 02:01 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 07:55 PM   #558
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Coastal Carolina gets a headstart on the college football schedule traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia State at 7:30 pm tonight on ESPN2. Last year's game was a doozy with Coastal losing 42-40. QB McCall was out for this game, so hoping to not have such a close one with the 0-3 Georgia State team. They almost beat North Carolina this season, and lost by a point to Charlotte, so hopefully the Chants don't overlook them

McCall hot so far, throwing a 50+ TD on the first play of the game and then another about 2 mins later and they off to the races, leading 27-17 at the half.

Last edited by Thomkal : 09-22-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:59 PM   #559
miked
College Starter

Rutgers-Iowa has the O/U at 34 and falling. I believe I saw that 90% of the action is on the under. Could be one of the lowest betting lines ever.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:03 PM   #560
Thomkal
Head Coach

Coastal never trailed in this game and won 41-24. And there was much rejoicing.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:05 PM   #561
Atocep
Coordinator

The Black Diamond Trophy is staying in Morgantown (where it belongs) for the foreseeable future.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 12:18 PM   #562
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ok, I laughed:

Old 09-23-2022, 02:42 PM   #563
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Black Diamond Trophy is staying in Morgantown (where it belongs) for the foreseeable future.

Ever since we lost to Kansas, I've thought that we need to 'steal' a win somewhere to make up for it. I think next weekend might be a make or break for the season if we want to become bowl eligible - which sounds like not a big ask most years, but I think we would all take at this point.

I see Tech, TCU, Kansas State, and Iowa State as winnable (not that we'll be favored or anything, but we need to go 3 out of 4 from them), but we need to get a win from Texas or Baylor somehow. I don't see us being able to slow down or keep up with Oklahoma or OSU this year, but I think we could potentially win a slugfest over Texas or Baylor.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 02:45 PM   #564
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

oSu is paper tiger. Thats the one to steal
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #565
tarcone
Coordinator

THe punting match up is the key match up for Iowa/Rutgers.

What a mess. I hate nepotism.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:56 PM   #566
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Ever since we lost to Kansas, I've thought that we need to 'steal' a win somewhere to make up for it. I think next weekend might be a make or break for the season if we want to become bowl eligible - which sounds like not a big ask most years, but I think we would all take at this point.

I see Tech, TCU, Kansas State, and Iowa State as winnable (not that we'll be favored or anything, but we need to go 3 out of 4 from them), but we need to get a win from Texas or Baylor somehow. I don't see us being able to slow down or keep up with Oklahoma or OSU this year, but I think we could potentially win a slugfest over Texas or Baylor.

That was more in line with what I expected to see this year. Neal Brown has undeniably recruited well and bringing in Harrell with Daniels has expectations high. Donaldson landing in our laps was a gift, but even overall the skill position talent is far and away the deepest it's been in a while.

In fairness, we hadn't caught a break this year until the 2nd half of the game last night. Every bounce seemed to go Pitt and Kansas' way in those first couple of games. Still, the defense should have been better.

Neal has a lot riding on the rest of the season. It's a good team. I don't think Virginia Tech was better in a single area last night and while they're not world beaters, it's still a P5 team so it's nice to get a decisive win in a tough environment.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 06:44 PM   #567
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
THe punting match up is the key match up for Iowa/Rutgers.

What a mess. I hate nepotism.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #568
Edward64
Head Coach

I am concerned about A&M. We should beat them if our pass defense is average and we eliminate the turnovers (both were bad last week).

We need to beat A&M for the momentum when Alabama visits us the next weekend.

O'Gara: Final thoughts (and a prediction) for Arkansas vs. Texas A&M
Quote:
Let’s talk about that Arkansas pass defense because it explains the spread

It does. If you’re wondering why the Aggies are 1.5-point favorites even though Arkansas has been the better, more reliable team to date, don’t dig into conspiracy theories. Just look at the obvious weakness Arkansas has — the pass defense. It’s bad. Real bad.

The Hogs enter Saturday ranked dead last in FBS defending the pass having allowed an average of 352.7 passing yards per game, which is 67 passing yards more than the next-closest Power 5 team (Northwestern). The Hogs allowed a minimum of 325 passing yards to each quarterback it faced so far, which includes the likes of first-time Cincinnati starter Ben Bryant, Spencer Rattler and Missouri State’s Jason Shelley, who tagged the Hogs for 352 in last Saturday’s scare in Fayetteville.

Great news for Tide-to-Hogs Drew Sanders. Unfortunately, this means he'll likely be gone next year (don't blame him).

Yeah Alabama & Georgia, we'll take your excess 5-stars who weren't good enough.

Quote:
Arkansas linebacker Drew Sanders has been ranked the No. 14-overall prospect for the 2023 NFL Draft by ESPN’s Mel Kiper Jr.

Kiper also ranked Sanders the No. 1 inside linebacker. In three games, Sanders is second on team in tackles to Bumper Pool with 27. He has 16 solo, six for loss, five sacks, two pass breakups, one quarterback hurry and a pair of forced fumbles.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:52 PM   #569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

God I hope Rutgers stomps Iowa.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:59 PM   #570
JPhillips
General Manager

Wait. There's an actual human named Bumper Pool?
Old 09-23-2022, 09:05 PM   #571
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
God I hope Rutgers stomps Iowa.

If anything it will be a 10-7 Rutgers win. But Rutgers will have to have a drive against a great defense.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:08 PM   #572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If anything it will be a 10-7 Rutgers win. But Rutgers will have to have a drive against a great defense.

Probably.

Lest you think I am just rooting against Iowa my 92 year old dad is a RU alum. I have been going to games for 40 years with him. RU football is one of the few simple pleasures he has left in life.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:13 PM   #573
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Wait. There's an actual human named Bumper Pool?

Born James Morris Pool, legally changed his name (with parental permission) to Bumper when he turned 16
Old 09-23-2022, 09:17 PM   #574
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Probably.

Lest you think I am just rooting against Iowa my 92 year old dad is a RU alum. I have been going to games for 40 years with him. RU football is one of the few simple pleasures he has left in life.

If he is anything like my 92 year old Dad he wil DVR it and watch if the outcome is positive.

Regardless, this has the earmarks of another shitty offensive game. YAY

Old 09-23-2022, 09:25 PM   #575
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If he is anything like my 92 year old Dad he wil DVR it and watch if the outcome is positive.

Regardless, this has the earmarks of another shitty offensive game. YAY

lol, he does DVR them but doesn't find out the outcome until he watches.
Old 09-23-2022, 09:57 PM   #576
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Born James Morris Pool, legally changed his name (with parental permission) to Bumper when he turned 16

Best fans e.g. cannibalism

Best names e.g. Bumper Pool

Best war cry e.g. Wooooo Pig Soooieeee

Worst pass defense through 3 games 2022 e.g. #131/131

Old 09-23-2022, 10:03 PM   #577
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Cannibalism is a good thing now? Who knew??
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 10:07 PM   #578
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Cannibalism is a good thing now? Who knew??

Well of course it's bad. Eating meat is evil now.

Which makes it's all tastier
Old 09-23-2022, 10:08 PM   #579
Edward64
Head Coach

Well, it was just the nose.
Old 09-23-2022, 11:48 PM   #580
JeeberD
General Manager

Ummm...how the fuck did UTEP beat Boise? 27-10?????

Old 09-24-2022, 07:13 AM   #581
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

From the Boise newspaper coverage (which calls for either a change at QB, a change at OC, or both) The Broncos finished one of their worst losses in recent memory with 84 rushing yards and 93 passing yards.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:15 AM   #582
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

I watched it and relished in the ass kicking the Broncos got.

UTEP looked faster, stronger, more efficient etc. Boise State looked like a train wreck.

I am debating on heading up to Boise my birthday weekend to watch BYU take them on, if they are as bad as they looked last night, I might be able to get tickets for $5 not $100
Old 09-24-2022, 11:09 AM   #583
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I went outside to check on my pork-butt right before kick off, and the Dawgs have already scored.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:01 PM   #584
GrantDawg

Since that hot start, Georgia has played like crap. After having no turnovers in the first three games, they have had three so far. Two of them by Ladd McConkey who has also dropped two passes. Bennet is throwing behind everyone. Just sloppy and rough.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:10 PM   #585
tarcone
Coordinator

Michigan struggling against Maryland. Been an interesting game. A bad turnover by each team has led to points.

Maryland has outplayed UM so far, but neither defense has decided to show up, so it could be a big scoring game.

Old 09-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #586
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I watched it and relished in the ass kicking the Broncos got.

UTEP looked faster, stronger, more efficient etc. Boise State looked like a train wreck.

I am debating on heading up to Boise my birthday weekend to watch BYU take them on, if they are as bad as they looked last night, I might be able to get tickets for $5 not $100

Our defense was supposed to be our strength coming into the season, but it hasn't looked great so far. It's good to see that it finally showed up last night.

On offense, we've been leaning WAY too heavily on our QB. He's got a cannon and can throw a mean bomb, but we lost our deep threat when he transferred to Arizona, and the QB hasn't been the same this year. Before our game against UNM, Coach Dimel said that the running game has been effective, but he just hasn't been using it enough. Then against UNM our QB had four turnovers and we got blown out. It's nice to see he finally figured out how to utilize the running game last night.

Old 09-24-2022, 01:10 PM   #587
Edward64
Head Coach

Wake Forest hanging tough against Clemson.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:49 PM   #588
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Wake Forest hanging tough against Clemson.

This game is a CB's nightmare on both sides. Very good game though.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:18 PM   #589
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Is it possible that Missouri-Auburn provides a rare game that sees BOTH head coaches fired afterward?

It seems like a fair question to wonder who is trying harder to get Harsin fired: the Auburn players or Harsin himself
Old 09-24-2022, 02:36 PM   #590
GrantDawg

That is a horrible way to lose a game for Mizzou
Old 09-24-2022, 02:37 PM   #591
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Not much consistency in that Michigan performance, but so many big plays. The defense couldn't lock it up after playing fairly well against a good Maryland offense for three quarters. This is not a team that could challenge Ohio State, but there's still a long way to go.

You always worry about the year's first road trip. It's on to Iowa next week, where the over/unders are around 22 and they can focus on stopping the run because their secondary won't make mistakes.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 02:38 PM   #592
Edward64
Head Coach

In OT. Go Wake!

Need a Top 9 upset for the Hogs (assuming they beat the Aggies) to move up
Old 09-24-2022, 03:04 PM   #593
tarcone
Coordinator

To prep myself for tonights game I went to a 6th grade football game (My students). They lost to a team from a much smaller town and had not won a game. We lost. The QB is too heavy this year to carry the ball. The team had 2 passes going to the last drive where they threw it a few more times.

Old 09-24-2022, 03:36 PM   #594
Edward64
Head Coach

The Vols had 2 impressive drives. They look good
Old 09-24-2022, 03:38 PM   #595
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

We've secretly replaced the Miami Hurricanes with ... I don't even know a comparable. An 8-man team from Manitoba?
Old 09-24-2022, 03:45 PM   #596
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Boise OC is out

College football offensive coordinator fired after team's brutal loss

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-24-2022 at 03:45 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 03:48 PM   #597
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Just a brutal performance from Miami. If they were gonna play this bad, they could've just kept Manny.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:00 PM   #598
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Seriously, what happened to Tyler Van Dyke this year?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #599
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Seriously, what happened to Tyler Van Dyke this year?

The Cristobal Effect
Old 09-24-2022, 05:03 PM   #600
bob
College Starter

Reports of Notre Dame’s demise may have been exaggerated.

Or UNC kinda sucks.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote