Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #851
Fouts
College Starter

I have a question for KWhit to answer. If you did receive the dreams, you will know the answer.

On night 2, Fonzie was portrayed in your dream as an innocent villager and not a _______?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:52 AM   #852
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I have a question for KWhit to answer. If you did receive the dreams, you will know the answer.

On night 2, Fonzie was portrayed in your dream as an innocent villager and not a _______?
A stranger among you.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #853
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

again, we run into the fact that Jeff posted the entire thing, and it was up for an hour. But it's looking good for the villagers tonight, if you ask me.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #854
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, I told everyone that SirFozzie had plenty of inconsistencies in his "doctor" duties, or some decisions that were so poor that he obviously isn't on the side of the villagers. I thought it would be more powerful (and a better defense for me) if other villagers pointed them out, but since nobody did, here goes...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #855
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Ok, I told everyone that SirFozzie had plenty of inconsistencies in his "doctor" duties, or some decisions that were so poor that he obviously isn't on the side of the villagers. I thought it would be more powerful (and a better defense for me) if other villagers pointed them out, but since nobody did, here goes...

This should be interesting.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:01 AM   #856
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: Just wish I wasn't trapped at work where I get six 10 minute chunks of FOFC a day .. it'd be fun messing up Brian's arguments again and again and again and..

well it gets boring after a while, now that I think about it,
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #857
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

In his description of the role, SirFozzie claimed that he could successfully save people 2x a game. Then he indicated that he doctored Tigercat and Swaggs. He said he doctored Tigercat because he was in the first dream. This seems logical. In the second night, he doctored Swaggs. What was the point of this one? Swaggs hadn't even been talked about yet, and was no threat to be killed. If he was still going with his "protect the guy in the dream" plan, he should have protected Fonzie. If he was really on the side of the villagers, a better plan would have been to protect Lathum since he obviously knew more than the average person at the time. He didn't protect Lathum, and Lathum got burned. It seems pretty obvious that SirFozzie allowed Lathum to be killed.

Now, his claim of doctoring two people seemed to imply that his doctor abilities were done. I think it makes a lot of sense for him to imply that, and I'll tell you why. If he wasn't trying to imply this, then he again shows himself to be evil. The question I can't believe nobody asked is.....why is Taz dead? If, as SirFozzie implies, his doctor abilities are now gone, this is a very convenient reason for not being able to protect Taz. If he wasn't implying that his doctor skills are gone, than he chose to not protect Taz. How could anyone on the side of the villagers not protect Taz last night? Taz was sending dreams pointing out the good guys. This was THE most helpful role in the game. There was nobody else around yesterday that was more important than Taz. This was a gimmie in terms of a protection decision, and according to SirFozzie, a guaranteed save. The reason that Taz is dead is that SirFozzie didn't want him to live and allowed him to be killed.

Two guys outted themselves as being a huge help to the villagers, and SirFozzie tried to protect neither of them. This is the guy you are all following, and this is the guy that called me a liar. In fact, this is the guy that gives you most of the reason for lynching me. When you realize that you can't believe him, you will know that you still want the real doctor around....me. The other reason for lynching me is the fact that I had different dreams. I still think this makes sense. I can save people, and the other villagers can see who to save. It makes us work togther if we are going to win.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #858
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I forgot to add above, the only reason it made sense for SirFozzie to say that he protected Swaggs the second night was that it was Swaggs that questioned him about the guys that he protected. SirFozzie tells Swaggs that he tried to protect Swaggs (when there was no reason at the time to do so), and he gains an instant ally. Pretty smart if nobody sees through it.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #859
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm skimming the whole thread, I'll post bits as I see them. First off, Kwit's reaction to Tigercat's defense after a ghost voted for Tiger.

Quote:
I particularly found Tigercat's responses interesting. I don't know why, but they sounded truthful to me.

Seems clear to me he was building support for Tigercat because he knew from the dream, didn't want to be obvious though. No doubt Kwit has seen the dreams and wants those in them to survive, in my opinion.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 09:38 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #860
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

From Fozzie the day before Lathum is killed

Quote:
Lathum's walking a very thin line here. If he is a seer, he just became the #1 target to become a tasty wolf snack. If he's wrong, he will become the #1 target to dance Danny Deever by the villagers. It takes a very strong nerve to pull off such a ploy.. and he might think it's worth a shot, hopefully a village defender can save him in order to get a wolf.

The fact you didn't try to save him is still bothering me. If as Fozzie has said recently, that he didn't quite believe in Lathum, why did he vote with him at the time? That seems like an odd split, vote with him, then leave him for dead.

I still don't see myself switching my vote tonight though. If we are still playing tomorrow, you need to be lumped in with the knights.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:59 AM   #861
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And the two posts that have kept Fozzie on the side of innocence in most minds.

The first to break the news on the dreams:
Quote:
Ok. 9 left. Time to lay it all out on the line. I know some villagers have been receiving dreams that lead them to believe that people are or are not villagers. I know of two people I've seen in my dreams as villagers. Should we pool our knowledge of who is and isn't a villager? At this point, it may be our only shot...

And the first to break the names in the dreams:
Quote:
The dreams I had were that Tigercat and Fonzie were villagers. If Fouts and I have had the same dreams, then that makes four "good guys" so far. That's good... it means we still have #'s.. depending on how many other villagers there are left

Old 07-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #862
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

It is clear that SirFozzie had the dreams, but he was also successful in getting every to out themselves. At the point that he talked about the dreams, it was pretty clear that most people were having them. If he doesn't come out with the dreams first, he doesn't have nearly as much power as he does now. It was a pre-emptive power grab, and it worked. Why didn't he save Lathum or Taz? Because he couldn't. He isn't a doctor.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #863
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
From Fozzie the day before Lathum is killed

The fact you didn't try to save him is still bothering me. If as Fozzie has said recently, that he didn't quite believe in Lathum, why did he vote with him at the time? That seems like an odd split, vote with him, then leave him for dead.

I still don't see myself switching my vote tonight though. If we are still playing tomorrow, you need to be lumped in with the knights.

Actually, if we're still playing tommorrow, then we will get confirmation that Brian is not the doctor
Old 07-10-2005, 10:20 AM   #864
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Unless Tiger is dead and you are not the Doctor .

Whether or not Tiger survives the night will go a long way towards pointing out evilness.

Old 07-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #865
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

You do realize that most of SirFozzie's defense these past few days is to call me a liar repeatedly (hoping it will stick), quoting back my words out of context, and claiming that I said something I didn't say. He hasn't even defended any of the arguments against him. Why wasn't Lathum protected? Why wasn't Taz protected?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 AM   #866
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Why wasn't Lathum protected?

my thoughts exactly
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:40 AM   #867
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You do realize that most of SirFozzie's defense these past few days is to call me a liar repeatedly (hoping it will stick), quoting back my words out of context, and claiming that I said something I didn't say. He hasn't even defended any of the arguments against him. Why wasn't Lathum protected? Why wasn't Taz protected?

Um.. hello.. I did state I was at work today and cannot access it constantly like someone else?

Truth be told, I thought it was an interesting gambit by Latham and decided to go with it. I didn't have the amount of confidence in it. Instead I chose someone who had been vocal, but had an undefined role.

Taz.. well, I admit, I dropped the ball on that one. Agreed, if this day does not bring an end to the game, then I am numero uno on the target list even when Brian is confirmed to be some kind of no goodnik.

Running out of time in this session.. but just let me say this, Brian. You accuse me of taking words of context and just repeatedly calling you a liar.

Pot, Kettle, Black.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #868
Tigercat
College Starter

I am sorry BrianD, but at this point we have made our bed with SirFozzie and we have to lay in it. why you ask? Because his description says his doctoring automatically saves someone. If we sided with you and I died you could just say "Oh as the doctor I only have a 50% chance of saving someone" and then we risk the chance of me and Sirfozzie being dead and NOTHING being revealed. This way, Sirfozzie will be outed either way. It kinda makes me and you possible innocent sacrafices, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #869
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Um.. hello.. I did state I was at work today and cannot access it constantly like someone else?

Truth be told, I thought it was an interesting gambit by Latham and decided to go with it. I didn't have the amount of confidence in it. Instead I chose someone who had been vocal, but had an undefined role.

Taz.. well, I admit, I dropped the ball on that one. Agreed, if this day does not bring an end to the game, then I am numero uno on the target list even when Brian is confirmed to be some kind of no goodnik.

Running out of time in this session.. but just let me say this, Brian. You accuse me of taking words of context and just repeatedly calling you a liar.

Pot, Kettle, Black.

So you say you dropped the ball on Taz, but you haven't given anyone a reason why. Could that be because there was nobody worth protecting nearly as much as Taz and any excuse you try to give will ring completely hollow?

I agree that you will be a huge target when the game doesn't end today, but with me dead and whatever villager dies tonight, there will be way more ghosts than non-ghosts tomorrow. Lynching decisions may be taken out of the hands of the villagers, so we have to get it right tonight.

Once again SirFozzie's whole defense is the "liar, liar, pants on fire" defense. I've explained my dreams. I've explained how they helped me choose who to protect. You can see my history of trusting and following along with Lathum. My actions have been consistent, and they should be much more credible than someone saying little more than "liar", and "pot, kettle".
Old 07-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #870
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
I am sorry BrianD, but at this point we have made our bed with SirFozzie and we have to lay in it. why you ask? Because his description says his doctoring automatically saves someone. If we sided with you and I died you could just say "Oh as the doctor I only have a 50% chance of saving someone" and then we risk the chance of me and Sirfozzie being dead and NOTHING being revealed. This way, Sirfozzie will be outed either way. It kinda makes me and you possible innocent sacrafices, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Actually, I think you are pretty safe. When you realize my death doesn't end the game, SirFozzie is going to need all of the ghosts around to hopefully side with him. If you and the ghosts are gone, SirFozzie is screwed. You have to get this right tonight so the ghosts can't mess anything up.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #871
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So you say you dropped the ball on Taz, but you haven't given anyone a reason why. Could that be because there was nobody worth protecting nearly as much as Taz and any excuse you try to give will ring completely hollow?

I agree that you will be a huge target when the game doesn't end today, but with me dead and whatever villager dies tonight, there will be way more ghosts than non-ghosts tomorrow. Lynching decisions may be taken out of the hands of the villagers, so we have to get it right tonight.

Once again SirFozzie's whole defense is the "liar, liar, pants on fire" defense. I've explained my dreams. I've explained how they helped me choose who to protect. You can see my history of trusting and following along with Lathum. My actions have been consistent, and they should be much more credible than someone saying little more than "liar", and "pot, kettle".

Credibility?

"Oh I have dreams. But they're not like the one all the other villagers have had."

"You're not evil.. You're Just Protecting KWhit!"

"You're lying! I say you are! Why are you misquoting me when I'm trying to misquote you!"

And Um.. Brian.. Hate to break it to you.. But the ghosts can't vote if I'm running the Con job and Tigercat gets killed. There would be SIX others beside myself. They are the only ones who can vote. Ghosts can't vote if the Monk is killed.. Remember? OOPS.. guess you weren't as smart as you thought. You forgot that if I was somehow pulling a con, then I would immediately be the target for a 6 on 1.. and then what would it get me?

Have I played a perfect game? Hell no. As I said, for some reason I spaced out on Taz (and I'm sorry, Taz), and cost the villagers someone fairly important. But I've also done MORE then my part to save the villagers.

Revealing the dreams. Arranging roles to be known so we KNEW who the good roles were so we could focus on the "unknowns". Trapping you.

I have sprinkled my words with a lot of small hints that would confirm to villagers that I was a villager, and more importantly, that I had the goals to keep the villagers alive. Other folks picked up on it. If you read back, you'll see them actually pick up those facts.

Like they used to say in the tuna commercial....Sorry, charlie. Your theories, so-called facts and innuendos don't hold any water. You're going down.. and the Villagers will win. and there's nothing you can do about it. NOTHING.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #872
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, I'm using my last ten minutes on this thread, so this is the last words you'll get from me on this till 6:30 or so when I get home. Then we'll wait for Peregrine to show up.. and we'll see what happens then.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #873
Tigercat
College Starter

So in the arguements today, SirFozzie becomes a little more questionable because he didn't protect Taz. BrianD also becomes more questionable in his desire to save himself first and foremost. Have you no village pride my man? I put my neck on the line, and your attempt at logic seems more desperate than anything. If SirFozzie is evil he doesn't need the ghosts alive, cause if you are the doctor the ghosts are at worst split between good and evil. Not to mention the fact that one of the evil ghosts has been too busy to vote(Qwik) and most of the ghosts have just been playing themselves as crazy ghosts. No, I am afraid it was the best for the village to sacrafice you BrianD, and to potentially sacrafice me as well. It was the only way to be sure to get the information out and to be sure we would know who was the doctor by tomorrow morning.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:54 PM   #874
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
A stranger among you.

Looks like the rest of us are good guys. Unless Peregrine wants us to lynch the knights?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #875
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And Um.. Brian.. Hate to break it to you.. But the ghosts can't vote if I'm running the Con job and Tigercat gets killed. There would be SIX others beside myself. They are the only ones who can vote. Ghosts can't vote if the Monk is killed.. Remember? OOPS.. guess you weren't as smart as you thought. You forgot that if I was somehow pulling a con, then I would immediately be the target for a 6 on 1.. and then what would it get me?

Once again you try to twist my words to give yourself an advantage. And in so doing, you prove the point I was making. There is no way you would kill the monk because you need the ghosts to be around. I'll even quote the message right above yours that you ignored (the words were directed at Tigercat), "SirFozzie is going to need all of the ghosts around to hopefully side with him. If you and the ghosts are gone, SirFozzie is screwed."

Apparently when I make a good argument, it is just easier for you to claim that I said the opposite of what I really did say.

Quote:
Have I played a perfect game? Hell no. As I said, for some reason I spaced out on Taz (and I'm sorry, Taz), and cost the villagers someone fairly important. But I've also done MORE then my part to save the villagers.

You keep saying this, but it is empty. I've asked you a couple of times how you explain "spacing out". How can you even pretend that someone else wsa more important than Taz. You can keep not answering the question, but eventually the rest of the villagers are going to realize that you are avoiding the question. They are going to understand that you are hiding your real reasons.

To all of the other villagers around here....Don't you find it odd that SirFozzie won't explain what he was doing with Taz?
Old 07-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #876
Tigercat
College Starter

Again, thats assuming recieving the dream means automatic villager status. And something to think about, the role of the cursed. The cursed is/was a villager right? And can the game stop if a sorceror is in our mist? It would be nice if the game ended tonight, but.... I'm going to be working well through the night tonight, so I am afraid I will miss the conclusion if there is one.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #877
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So in the arguements today, SirFozzie becomes a little more questionable because he didn't protect Taz. BrianD also becomes more questionable in his desire to save himself first and foremost. Have you no village pride my man? I put my neck on the line, and your attempt at logic seems more desperate than anything. If SirFozzie is evil he doesn't need the ghosts alive, cause if you are the doctor the ghosts are at worst split between good and evil. Not to mention the fact that one of the evil ghosts has been too busy to vote(Qwik) and most of the ghosts have just been playing themselves as crazy ghosts. No, I am afraid it was the best for the village to sacrafice you BrianD, and to potentially sacrafice me as well. It was the only way to be sure to get the information out and to be sure we would know who was the doctor by tomorrow morning.

I can appreciate that you put your neck on the line, but you really are in a safe position. People are looking at me and SirFozzie. If you kill either of us, and the other is evil, that person is dead unless the ghosts help. You are pretty much untouchable. Because of this, the ghosts will have much more power than the villagers. It is important that we get things right tonight. If we get them right, the game should be over. If we get it wrong, the ghosts could decide the outcome of the game. That is why I'm making such a big deal out of saving myself. Saving me gives us a chance to win. Killing me gives the ghosts the power.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #878
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am suspicious of Sir Fozzie for not protecting Taz (in addition to BrianD claiming to have protected and lost the coin flip well before the identity of the doctor became a factor). Even though I did not pick up on it, I can buy that he could have picked up the clues about the dreams from Taz's posts. BUT, the fact that he was the first to name names and that the brothers and KWhit seem to agree with him makes me feel pretty confident that he is good.

Unless all the dreamers are evil (which doesn't make sense numbers-wise), I feel safe with the brothers, KWhit (because he completed the dream sequence), Foz (for reasons above), Desnudo (because I know foor a fact he is a knight), Tigercat (from his revelations) and myself.

Jeff is still a bit of a mystery to me. He posted something that was removed, but seems to have had the dreams (even though I haven't seen him come out and say that he has). He has done a few suspicious things in the past, most importantly to me, question the attempt of tying up the lynching vote. If there are multiple evil doers remaining, he will jump to the top of the suspect list.

Brian has made me question Foz's case over the weekend. Most of all, the identity of the doctor. Foz's alibi seems stronger to me right now, based on the strength of the dreams. I Vote BrianD.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #879
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I am suspicious of Sir Fozzie for not protecting Taz (in addition to BrianD claiming to have protected and lost the coin flip well before the identity of the doctor became a factor). Even though I did not pick up on it, I can buy that he could have picked up the clues about the dreams from Taz's posts. BUT, the fact that he was the first to name names and that the brothers and KWhit seem to agree with him makes me feel pretty confident that he is good.

Unless all the dreamers are evil (which doesn't make sense numbers-wise), I feel safe with the brothers, KWhit (because he completed the dream sequence), Foz (for reasons above), Desnudo (because I know foor a fact he is a knight), Tigercat (from his revelations) and myself.

Jeff is still a bit of a mystery to me. He posted something that was removed, but seems to have had the dreams (even though I haven't seen him come out and say that he has). He has done a few suspicious things in the past, most importantly to me, question the attempt of tying up the lynching vote. If there are multiple evil doers remaining, he will jump to the top of the suspect list.

Brian has made me question Foz's case over the weekend. Most of all, the identity of the doctor. Foz's alibi seems stronger to me right now, based on the strength of the dreams. I Vote BrianD.

So you see my points about SirFozzie not being the doctor, and you give me credit for talking about trying to protect Taz before being the doctor became an issue....and you still vote to lynch me? How does that work? So much of the suspician came from him calling me a liar, and now you know that I'm not.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #880
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure that I am wrong about SirFozzie protecting KWhit, but I know he isn't on the side of the villagers. His railroading of me, and claiming to be the doctor yet not protecting Taz seems to show his evil nature.

Unvote KWhit
Vote SirFozzie
Old 07-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #881
Swaggs
Coordinator

Mostly because you were vague in saying that you "protected" Taz. My thinking is that you placed that bit of info out there, in case you needed it later, and left it vague intentionally, so that you could claim bodyguard or doctor if necessary.

It became necessary when the voting began to come down. You had a fairly decent chance of being successful in claiming to be one of those two roles, as 1) we didn't know if they were in the game and 2) at that point, there was a pretty decent chance that they had been killed off already.

Right now, Foz's revealing of the names in the dreams makes him more believable than any information you have released.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:33 PM   #882
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mostly because you were vague in saying that you "protected" Taz. My thinking is that you placed that bit of info out there, in case you needed it later, and left it vague intentionally, so that you could claim bodyguard or doctor if necessary.

No, it started out being vague because I didn't realize everyone was going to come totally clean. My clues wouldn't help serve the bodyguard role. If I was the bodyguard, Taz would be alive. Since I'm the doctor, there is only a 50% chance of keeping him alive.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #883
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Right now, Foz's revealing of the names in the dreams makes him more believable than any information you have released.

Does Foz's revealing of names outweigh claiming to be the doctor and not saving Taz or Lathum?
Old 07-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #884
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
No, it started out being vague because I didn't realize everyone was going to come totally clean. My clues wouldn't help serve the bodyguard role. If I was the bodyguard, Taz would be alive. Since I'm the doctor, there is only a 50% chance of keeping him alive.

Explain how Foz knew the names in the dream then?

Unless we want to discredit the dreamers (and I cannot see going down that road), it looks like SirFozzie, Fonzie, Fouts and KWhit have a good alibi through that. Desnudo and I can vouch for each other. Tigercat has revealed his ability (although if Lathum was evil, that could cast a shadow on him) and I believe he is good.

I now believe that there were three members of the Dark Cult and I think they are all dead. I believe that you (and possibly Jeff--although he seems to have had the dreams, as well) are the final werewolf.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #885
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I questioned the tie on the first night because I was being dumb, I just didn't think about the situation before posting. Stupid excuse and even trying to explain it will probably get more suspicion cast on me.

The third night I questioned because I thought then, and do now, that you can't just keep tying the game every night because you aren't sure of something or it would never get done. The first night fine, 2nd night possibly, 3rd and after I total disagree with it.

In any case here is the logic we will need to use:

Tigercat dies, lynch Fozzie
Tigercat lives and reveals Brian as Doctor, lynch Fozzie.
Brian revealed as evil, and it's the knights. Unfortuantly that is based off knowledge that only I know for sure(i think), that I am good. So if Brian is revealed as Evil and the games still going on it's going to be a tricky day.

And yes I've said I had the dreams several times, I did post it at one time.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:39 PM   #886
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Does Foz's revealing of names outweigh claiming to be the doctor and not saving Taz or Lathum?

I believe so.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #887
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Explain how Foz knew the names in the dream then?

I stated a number of times that I think SirFozzie could be the sorcerer. That would make him a villager and likely to get the dreams, but still working against the villagers. It is possible that he is a wolf, but I don't think so. Either way, I think it is clear that he isn't good. If we lynch him tonight, we should know whether he was wolf or sorcerer. If nobody gets eaten tonight, I think we are in the clear.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:47 PM   #888
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Tigercat dies, lynch Fozzie
Tigercat lives and reveals Brian as Doctor, lynch Fozzie.
Brian revealed as evil, and it's the knights. Unfortuantly that is based off knowledge that only I know for sure(i think), that I am good. So if Brian is revealed as Evil and the games still going on it's going to be a tricky day.

And yes I've said I had the dreams several times, I did post it at one time.

Unless you believe that ntn and airhog or barkeep and airhog were the knights or that there is only one knight and it was airhog,(along with believing that airhog is being a asshole since he died) I think you have to believe the knights and go after kwhit if I were you. But its up to you. If it comes to this and someone with the dream is evil, you are first on my list, but Kwhit isn't far behind, and who knows what will happen then when we start scratching below the surface.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #889
Tigercat
College Starter

Dola, and when I looked at airhog I was told "He was one of the knights sent to protect you" so I don't think villagers should be required or expected to lynch away the knights.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:52 PM   #890
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Kwit acted on the dreams and defended you early in the game, even though it wasn't necessary, which is why I absolve him. It's not me, so it would have to be the "Knights". Obviously I'll need to argue this further if we get put into this situation .

It is my guess that either the game ends tonight or Fozzie gets lynched tomorrow and the game ends.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-10-2005 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #891
Tigercat
College Starter

But then, Fozzie had the dream too. I think its a serious possibility you (and everyone else) have to be ready to consider that the dream means zip in terms of weeding out evil. If the game doesn't end with BrianD's death, thats exactly what I consider near fact, that someone with the dream is evil.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:00 PM   #892
Tigercat
College Starter

Dola, correction if BrianD is lynched, the game doesn't end, AND if someone dies overnight. If no one dies overnight perhaps we should consider not lynching anyone and trying our best to tie if the ghosts fool around? Perhaps then all real threatening evil has been vanguished and we are just suppose to ride out the whole flooding thing?
Old 07-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #893
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But then, Fozzie had the dream too. I think its a serious possibility you (and everyone else) have to be ready to consider that the dream means zip in terms of weeding out evil. If the game doesn't end with BrianD's death, thats exactly what I consider near fact, that someone with the dream is evil.

I still think SirFozzie's actions show him to be evil. He claims to be a doctor with 100% survival rate of the people he doctors, yet he didn't try to help Lathum with the visions, or Taz with the dreams. You think I am evil because SirFozzie called me out. If SirFozzie is evil and he is calling me out, that proves I'm not evil. We can make our contingencies if someone dies tonight, but I think we should start by lynching the known evil SirFozzie.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #894
Tigercat
College Starter

Double dola, i guess i should say AND if someone dies or I am attacked overnight. Luckily according to Fozzie's description, we will know if I am attacked and survive.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #895
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
I still think SirFozzie's actions show him to be evil. He claims to be a doctor with 100% survival rate of the people he doctors, yet he didn't try to help Lathum with the visions, or Taz with the dreams. You think I am evil because SirFozzie called me out. If SirFozzie is evil and he is calling me out, that proves I'm not evil. We can make our contingencies if someone dies tonight, but I think we should start by lynching the known evil SirFozzie.

I don't think anything for sure, I have near equal amount of questions on both of you. The only thing I know for sure is by going about things the way we are, we can be sure if Sirfozzie is more likely to be the doctor. Sirfozzie just picked the doctor parameters that are easy to test. If we kept you alive, its possible I would not have been able to check Sirfozzies idenity because of your 50% chance of saving me. I can't know which of you is lieing if I am dead. Now I will be able to either check your identity, or SirFozzie will be proven not to be the doctor. Simple and clean.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #896
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

It was how Kwit acted on the dreams, not the fact he said he had them, that I am taking into account. See my quote from my ealier post.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #897
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think anything for sure, I have near equal amount of questions on both of you. The only thing I know for sure is by going about things the way we are, we can be sure if Sirfozzie is more likely to be the doctor. Sirfozzie just picked the doctor parameters that are easy to test. If we kept you alive, its possible I would not have been able to check Sirfozzies idenity because of your 50% chance of saving me. I can't know which of you is lieing if I am dead. Now I will be able to either check your identity, or SirFozzie will be proven not to be the doctor. Simple and clean.

Actually, SirFozzie picked the doctor parameters that are already tested. If he was telling the truth, Taz would be alive. Since SirFozzie won't explain why he didn't watch over Taz, can anyone else come up with a reasonable explanation? With no reasonable explanation, your test is already answered.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #898
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*chuckles* Getting dizzy from the spinning yet, Meester Brian? Bet you're as sick of trying to prop up your lies as I am of reading em. Hopefully Peregrine is on tonight so we can get this OVER with.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:36 PM   #899
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
*chuckles* Getting dizzy from the spinning yet, Meester Brian? Bet you're as sick of trying to prop up your lies as I am of reading em. Hopefully Peregrine is on tonight so we can get this OVER with.

And I see you still don't answer any of my points. Who did you watch over last night? It obviously wasn't Taz, who was it. If you keep ignoring the question, I'm going to make sure everyone realizes that you are ignoring it.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #900
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Alright guys. My final words on this whole thing.

Let's consider strategy. Let's say NONE of the discussion has taken place over the last few days. Blank slate.

To accept Brian's theories.. you'd have to ask. "What's in it for me to pull this routine?". Where's my payoff. What do I get out of it.

Think that over.

It's widely accepted that AT least 5 people are clean. The Knights (by Airhog). Tigercat. Fonzie. Fouts. Out of Brian and myself.. someone HAS to be clean.. right? And Jeff061 and KWhit, while not fully exonerated, posted strong details of the dream and information. But they don't work together. So again.. at least ONE of them has to be clean.

So. The good guys, are at worst.. up 7-2. If KWhit and Jeff061 are BOTH clean.. that's 8-1. Either Brian or myself.

So.. up 7-2 or 8-1. Where's the value in a play that absolutely GUARANTEES a HIM OR ME showdown. I'm sure most of you watching would absolutely try to stay UNDER the radar in such a battle, for another day or two. Lower the odds. Only then can you try a play, right?

As a result of my action.. the sides are set. The Good Guys know who they are.. which is the bad guy's strength normally. The Wolves know other wolves. The Magicians would know other Magicians.

Where's the value in a play by a bad guy that puts the GOOD GUYS together?

There is none is there?

You might win the battle (one lynching), but you'd lose the war.

So to accept Brian's theories.. you have to determine that I couldn't figure this out. That the safer play would be to stay BELOW notice for days on end. Not become utterly public. Would it?

Consider Airhog's play in Werewolf II. Can you imagine a wolf/sorceror/whatever doing what he did in that game.. and I did in this one?

No.. you can't.

The theory doesn't work, folks, does it?

And that's the shaky underpinnings of his accusations.