Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-11-2005, 09:32 AM   #1051
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I agree. But if the game ends and there is one bad guy left we win. So really whether or not someone is left is moot. If we mislynch twice and suffer two kills we are down to 3-1, if the hunters target the wrong people or the last evil guy has a Duke type role, 1-1 and lose?

It's just safer to wait it out.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-11-2005 at 09:33 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:46 AM   #1052
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
True. I understand that. I was just pointing out my opinion that if we were all still "good guys" I don't think Peregrine would have us keep on playing and lynching each other for no good reason.

Of course, maybe he's just a sick, twisted individual.

He did state that play WOULD end on Day 6, no matter what.

This is so confusing.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 AM   #1053
Swaggs
Coordinator

My fear in abstaining is that the ghosts will randomly pick one of us.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 PM   #1054
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

peregrine stated that he wasn't sure how the ghosts would enforce a lynching if no humans agreed
Old 07-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #1055
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
I am indeed a good villager, however, I am the Monk.
Ghosts are around and able to vote as long as I am alive. I have no control at all over them, however, so you can blame their silly behaviors on this board having whacky posters.

I am also able to view the dead's roles every night. I can only view someone who died in the last 24 hours of game time though, so basically every night I can view someone who was lynched during the day or last night. These are the roles I found out about:

Airhog - Knight

Eaglesfan - Villager (Perhaps I dont see what kind of villager? Or he could have been a regular basic villager, I dont know for sure)
Qwikshot - a member of the dark cultists (I dont know if this meant he was THE cultist or a member of the magicians. Either way I judged from the wording he was a bad guy to my faction.)

So yea, I doubt any evil that would be around after BrianD's lynching would want me alive after tomorrow knight, considering the ghosts can vote however they want. Yes indeed, Peregrine told me at the begining of the game, THERE ARE NO GHOST ROLES. The posters are just being silly. Sorry for blowing your cover silly ghosts. And there are more dead good guys(I think at least, I could be wrong) than bad guys, so having the ghosts ready to vote for good is powerful. And I can see who the dead are. So I imagine I must be prime wolf or magician meal #1 tomorrow night. You better be ready to pretect me!

Anyone else considering calling this into question as being a little too convenient.

Airhog had already been outted as a knight (by Des and I), Eaglesfan was a safe bet as a villager (by this time it was clear he wasn't a knight and a member of one of the evil factions wouldn't try to clear him), and by naming Qwikshot as, presumably, the last Dark Cultist (since Des had already named two others), we now felt confident that there was one werewolf left (and it was likely BrianD).

When we needed conclusive evidence from Tigercat's powers, they failed him. I think it is possible and we should consider that the Dream Sender could only detect werewolves and not differentiate villagers from members of the Dark Pact.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 PM   #1056
Tigercat
College Starter

Oh please Swaggs, if I was lieing in this game I could have made up something about BrianD and no one would be the wiser, right? My role is called the freakin Monk, know a lot of evil monks do you? Not to mention I put my neck on the line mostly(or a good part at least) to save you knights, cause people were talking about how they couldn't believe Airhog, and if i didn't say anything and the game turned out like it did, people were talking about how they were gonna vote on the basis of the dream. So its nice to see you are considering a good guy that put his neck on the line for you(and everyone else). I tell ya, you just can't do freakin good deeds and be a freakin good guy in the River of Darkness!
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:52 PM   #1057
KWhit
Coordinator

The dream states that TigerCat is a good villager. I have to trust that dream. I don't think he was lying about his viewings.

I think the dreams may be the key to all of this. I personally believe that the dream is only seen by villagers. The dreams end with the key phrase "he is one of the real villagers and not a stranger among you."

The only strangers among us (that I can tell) are the Knights. Is it possible they have some agenda pitting them against the villagers?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #1058
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I Abstain

Old 07-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #1059
Tigercat
College Starter

I would be willing to consider abstaining from voting, but would the ghosts? Would the ghosts that were evil? Would the ghosts that just feel like screwing with out heads?

Did y'all read what peregrine sent to me? I suppose its possible that BrianD was the magician and thats what it means, but I took it to mean that someone was actively blocking me.

OK I finally looked back and it says that Taz was TORN APART. Does this guarentee he was killed by a werewolf? I don't know. But if it sounds like that to you guys that means we had a werewolf before we lynched BrianD. And if BrianD was the magician or a magician used his powers to block mine, there was a magician running around for sure.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:58 PM   #1060
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry... I haven't had the dreams and didn't realize they declared Tigercat good.

I don't understand the "he is one of the real villagers and not a stranger among you." Is there anything beforehand indicating the role of "he?"

As for the goal of the knights, I don't know how to make it any more clear. We have been sent to the village by the King to investigate rumors of an evil cult that is active around here. We are sure there is another team from the Dark Pact, disguised as we are, but we are not sure what they are up to--it can't be anything good.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #1061
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Tiger, someone could very well be alive and evil. It does not matter, after 6 days the villagers win. This is what I would highly prefer.

However Swaggs and Des have different goals. They don't score a full victory if evil is alive. There is nothing else of interest in the dream except that Tigercat is a villager and no stranger. It does not say good though, if we are going to follow your logic I think it would be applied better to Fonzie and/or Fouts. But it could still be Fozzie, with a history full of spotty actions. I'd rather wait it out.

Last edited by jeff061 : 07-11-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:05 PM   #1062
Tigercat
College Starter

Seriously Swaggs if you were Kwhit or Jeff or Sirfozzie I could understand more, even with the dream, doubting me somewhat, but I was freakin defending you guys. Not to mention I was perhaps the key swing person that saved Taz from lynching that asked the ghosts that I knew where good to not vote for him and asked for people on the side of villagers not to either. (And of course I didn't know at the time that people were knowing that I was a villager, so that carried added weight.)
Old 07-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #1063
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I don't understand the "he is one of the real villagers and not a stranger among you." Is there anything beforehand indicating the role of "he?"

Nothing as to role, but it did list the names of the person in the dream. The first night it was Tigercat. The second night it was Fonzie. But the wording was the same regarding the "stranger" comment.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:06 PM   #1064
Tigercat
College Starter

Jeff, again, I am with your line of thinking. If I thought all of us alive people could abstain in safety I would. Its the ghosts voteing that i am worried about....
Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #1065
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Yeah, ghosts can't be the only votes against a person, I don't think. Wouldn't really be fair, if the village doesn't want to lynch anyone then they would ignore the ghosts that time.

Is this in effect?

Old 07-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #1066
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The reporter from the Werewolf Weekly hereby votes to nuke the entire village. Only way to be sure.

Amazingly entertaining read.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:15 PM   #1067
Tigercat
College Starter

hmm oh wow has anyone else officially voted but me yet? for now, I unvote sirfozzie and abstain
Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 PM   #1068
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Jeff is an innocent villager. I used my view on him. I should have used my view on SirFozzie. Yet more revelations others say? Yes. I am the knight seer with the ability to detect evil in others.

Why didn't you view SirFozzie last night? He was the one we were all questioning. Well, him and BrianD, who we killed....
Old 07-11-2005, 01:20 PM   #1069
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Because I pissed the Knights off.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #1070
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would assume because Jeff and SirFozzie were the two other people somewhat under consideration and it looked as though Tigercat would be able to tell us what SirFozzie's situation was.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:24 PM   #1071
Tigercat
College Starter

Personally, I think they did the right thing viewing Jeff. It seemed like I would be able to confirm Sirfozzie by his actions and confirming BrianD. How was anyone to know there were ways to block my power? And I am certain it was a blockage, cause if I had a limit and could only view certain people, I think I would have been told by our gamemaster. No, I am pretty damn sure it was an active block type thing. Afterall, I viewed a dark cult person before, and I can't imagine werewolves being blocked from me. So, yea, I think Jeff being viewed by the knight was the right call.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:26 PM   #1072
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, what does that leave us?

How confident are the brothers of one another? Do they have a goal?

Anyone else holding any other cards we should know about?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:33 PM   #1073
Tigercat
College Starter

I think that leaves yall going after Sirfozzie if yall are that desperate for blood, it appears that we villagers(and one possible magician) are content to sit back and just leave the village as things are. Personally, I think yall would be making a mistake going after anyone but sirfozzie, but yall are the bloodthirsty knights and I am just a Monk that talks to ghosts, what do I know?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #1074
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote SirFozzie
Vote Swaggs
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #1075
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
So, what does that leave us?

How confident are the brothers of one another? Do they have a goal?

Anyone else holding any other cards we should know about?

No, The Brothers have no separate goals, just the ability to PM each other.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #1076
KWhit
Coordinator

I abstain.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:12 PM   #1077
Fouts
College Starter

I just don't see a reason to lynch anyone. I guess we are waiting for the flood to go down, then go home.

I abstain

Last edited by Fouts : 07-11-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #1078
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I agree. I doubt the knights do...

Old 07-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #1079
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I just don't see a reason to lynch anyone. I guess we are waiting for the flood to go down, then go home.

I abstain

Ditto.

I abstain.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #1080
kingfc22
Head Coach

This ghost VOTES SIRFOZZIE
Old 07-11-2005, 03:19 PM   #1081
Swaggs
Coordinator

Hmmm. I think we've gotten three members of the Dark Cult already (Qwikshot, KingFC, ntndeacon). If there are more, I have no ideas right now, other than completely questioning the dreams, which doesn't seem like a road I want to go down.

I guess the wolves may not have attacked at all last night or were thwarted in some way, but I'm just not sure and no one left seems to be a good candidate.

Since we just need to survive the night to leave the village (right?), I vote to abstain.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:20 PM   #1082
Swaggs
Coordinator

and... perhaps if enough of us abstain early enough, we can get our results before 8:00?
Old 07-11-2005, 04:10 PM   #1083
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully, everyone make sure they still send in their night actions though.

Old 07-11-2005, 04:20 PM   #1084
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I vote Sirfozzie

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 05:50 PM   #1085
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Am I correct in thinking that all 8 living voted to abstain?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:02 PM   #1086
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I VOTE SWAGGS

boo
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 PM   #1087
Peregrine
Pro Starter

SirFozzie, I only count 6 abstentions, but I might have missed one.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:51 PM   #1088
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I see 8.

Desnudo
SirFozzie
jeff061
KWhit
Fouts
Fonzie
Tigercat
Swaggs

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-11-2005 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Changed formatting
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #1089
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Well in either case, I definitely haven't seen any living person cast a vote for anyone.

The atmosphere is one of muted hope today. No one was killed last night or today, could it be that the long nightmare is close to ending? The river level is noticeably dropping, you think you'll be able to leave the village soon after all.

Night 5

Eaglesfan27 - Lynched Day 2
ntndeacon - killed Night 1
BrianD - Lynched Day 4
Airhog - Lynched Day 1
TazFTW - killed Night 3
Desnudo
Fonzie
Qwikshot - killed by Barkeep on Day 3
Jeff061
SirFozzie
Barkeep49 - Lynched on Day 3
kingfc22 - killed on Night 2
Swaggs
Kwhit
Fouts
Tigercat
Lathum - killed on Night 2

Night actions in by midnight.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 06:58 PM   #1090
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sent the Protection of Tigercat.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:03 PM   #1091
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

*cackle*
Old 07-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #1092
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
*cackle*

Hush you
Old 07-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #1093
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I know something you don't know.....
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #1094
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think that would be difficult .

Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM   #1095
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
I know something you don't know.....

Dead Wolves tell no secrets :P
Old 07-11-2005, 07:23 PM   #1096
Desnudo
Coordinator

I just read through. Interesting outcome. You all are correct about why I chose to view Jeff. I figured SirFozzie's fate would be determined by Tiger's reading and Jeff had been pressuring Swaggs and me. Now the question is, who should I view tonight?

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-11-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #1097
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Dead Wolves tell no secrets :P

Are you trying to become suspicious?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:25 PM   #1098
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well. I for one have no idea.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #1099
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Are you trying to become suspicious?

Nope. Just taunting Brian. I missed the last three days of him and I bantering, that's all
Old 07-11-2005, 07:27 PM   #1100
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I just read through. Interesting outcome. You all are correct about why I chose to view Jeff. I figured SirFozzie's fate would be determined by Tiger's reading and Jeff had been pressuring Swaggs and me. Now the question is, who should I view tonight?

The safest view:

Tigercat again attempts to read Brian.
You attempt to read me.
I Protect Tigercat

If the blocker strikes, he would block one and not the other. That way, you have confirmation of one role, and therefore know who the other is.