Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #601
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Sorry, it's tough to get in on the discussion, especially when a lot of the previous day's conversation was on stuff far above my head. Add in that this is my first game, I've been pretty hesitant. Another part of this is that I don't have the knowledge of people's playing styles from previous games that most of you guy's do...despite trying to read some of the games, it's tough keeping track of ppl.

There...maybe that'll break the seal for me.

It's okay. It'll get much easier as you play. Also, most games aren't this large, so it's much easier to keep track of things there.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:53 PM   #602
KWhit
Coordinator

Anybody have a vote count?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #603
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Anybody have a vote count?

(8) Chief Rum - Saldana (482), Alan (504), Schmidty (552), Lathum (555), Blade (574), Jonathan Ezarik (577), Thomkal (585), Grammaticus (593)
(5) Lathum - St.Cronin (557), Tyrith (565), Mr. Wednesday (583), Swaggs (594), Ntndeacon (595)
(1) Saldana - Chief Rum (446)
(1) Blade - Izulde (484)
(1) St.cronin - Sndvls (532)
(1) Spleen - BrianD (554)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #604
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmm. just finally got in from going in to work (and getting transferred) and dinner with a glass of wine to catch up on the 4 pages of today.

so CR is the prime suspect and Lathum is the #2?

Jon-I already explained that I voted late last night because I didn't get online till late, as with today, not getting on till around 8pm EST. So I only have 2 hours before the vote to catchup and cast a vote. As for tonight, we still don't know anything beyond that Scoobz was...a questionable character...did we even figure out if he was "evil" or just "shadowey?" Fouts we know was good. It's still a bit early to draw anything out of voting patterns/records, so I guess we have to go with reading people's posts to see how they're acting.

So what exactly is the case for Rum? Although I have sort of seen this type of behavior from him before in the first game I played where he led me down a path and had me buying into his goodness while he was evil. But he does have work-related things, that much I remember.

What's the case for Lathum? Anyone? I think if we were going to look at anyone it'd be saldana for his vigerous early attacks...no?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:54 PM   #605
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
strongly disagree

I think right now that both lathum and chief are good, so i have to find a way to distinguish the two. Of the two, i see more positives in chief's death then lathums...my opinion, take it for what it is
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #606
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If you think Chief is good, then don't vote him. Sheesh

I dont think lathum or chief are bad, but i have to pick one. Vote you again and ill start to get accused of throwing my vote away. If you dont care, and will support me when those calls come, ill happily swap my vote to you.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:56 PM   #607
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Lathum.

I think our reasoning for CR is weak and hopefully this will get things closer and therfore tell us a little more down the line.

I may move this vote if I have to to get a majority though.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #608
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If you think Chief is good, then don't vote him. Sheesh

strongly agree

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #609
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I dont think lathum or chief are bad, but i have to pick one. Vote you again and ill start to get accused of throwing my vote away. If you dont care, and will support me when those calls come, ill happily swap my vote to you.

Does it really matter what I say when anything i say you use to try to get others to distrust me? If you compared posts side by side between you and me and looked to see who was the more accusatory of the two from day 1, everyone would easily see its been you trying to get me lynched since day 1 and not the other way around.

My opinion is you should do what you feel is in the best interest of your side (whatever that is in this game at this point) and don't even think about blaming your actions on me tommorrow. I'm not telling you who to vote for, I am using your vote to judge you further.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #610
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hmmm. just finally got in from going in to work (and getting transferred) and dinner with a glass of wine to catch up on the 4 pages of today.

Well, did you get the promotion or was it a transfer to siberia?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM   #611
Blade6119
Coordinator

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ALAN T

Fine, but dont come back in two days saying why am i throwing my vote away and avoiding lynches
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #612
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Well, did you get the promotion or was it a transfer to siberia?

didn't get the promotion, but got a short-term transfer to a location that about halves my commute and shouldn't be for more than a couple months till i get the promotion.

so that's good i guess.

still pondering the vote. I think I'm going to go out for an hour, get a coffee and walk the dog and mull my vote...vote in the last hour before lynch...if that's okay and not-suspicious with everyone.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #613
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think right now that both lathum and chief are good, so i have to find a way to distinguish the two. Of the two, i see more positives in chief's death then lathums...my opinion, take it for what it is

I feel quite strongly that sal and al are both villagers. I think you're muttering "my precious" up the wrong tree.

I do agree that it's possible, even likely, that Lathum and CR are both villagers. A game this large, and particularly with this ruleset, I think we are best served by looking at those players who are utr.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #614
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ALAN T

Fine, but dont come back in two days saying why am i throwing my vote away and avoiding lynches

Blade, aren't you on the side of light?

Don't throw a vote away out of spite. We need to build a track record.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #615
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
As for tonight, we still don't know anything beyond that Scoobz was...a questionable character...did we even figure out if he was "evil" or just "shadowey?"

5. Scoobz0202 - Lynched Day One. Silvos the Dark Adept, on the side of darkness.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #616
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Vote Lathum

Like others have said, it's good to see a two player 'race' to see what happens, so for now I'm going to vote Lathum, unless votes are needed for another at the deadline.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #617
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ALAN T

Just making sure I understand it correctly when its my fault if you vote for Chief Rum and its my fault if you don't vote for Chief Rum.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:06 PM   #618
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ALAN T

I disagree with that vote, but I'd rather have people voting for those they think are bad, even if it results in no lynch. No lynch is NOT a terrible play - it's not a good play, but there are situations in which it's good for the village.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #619
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I feel quite strongly that sal and al are both villagers. I think you're muttering "my precious" up the wrong tree.

I do agree that it's possible, even likely, that Lathum and CR are both villagers. A game this large, and particularly with this ruleset, I think we are best served by looking at those players who are utr.

Who would you suggest? I can definately go the UTR route. The majority thing is just causing problems.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #620
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
UNVOTE CHIEF RUM

VOTE ALAN T

If he does I've got your back.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #621
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, so to this point we have gotten alot of info. We need to look at the people who have voted for someone other the myself or CR. And I know I am good so I am suspicous of the people who are voting for me. If we do lynch CR and he comes up bad we have a strong start to work off of and if we lynch me that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #622
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

I agree, but it's hard to come up with any good reason to motivate a UTR lynch, at least that people will follow along with. Unless it's like yesterday and someone just isn't playing.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #623
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Who would you suggest? I can definately go the UTR route. The majority thing is just causing problems.

In a big game like this, there's going to be a lot of people utr, plus it's pretty early to really have a handle on anybody. It's really all about perception.

I agree, the majority thing is killing us. If we just bandwagon on the first guy to get two votes every day, we're going to get killed.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:17 PM   #624
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I disagree with that vote, but I'd rather have people voting for those they think are bad, even if it results in no lynch. No lynch is NOT a terrible play - it's not a good play, but there are situations in which it's good for the village.

I'm glad there is someone besides me that isn't so bloodthristy they have to kill every day
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #625
spleen1015
Coordinator

Being a victim of the way Chief Rum has played previous and the way he is playing now means...

VOTE Chief Rum

I said earlier that I would vote for him unless something changed and I don't see anything to change it.

I also find it neat that Tyrith is so aginst voting for him today. If Chief is bad, then Tyrith jumps to the top of the list for me.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #626
Lorena
Unregistered

I just got back from the gym and received my PM. C-ya'll in a little bit...
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #627
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Blade, aren't you on the side of light?

Don't throw a vote away out of spite. We need to build a track record.

Is that a joke?

I cant do anything right..either im voting for someone i dont believe is bad, and people dont like it...or im voting someone who is not in the race, and people dont like it...i love this game
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #628
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Being a victim of the way Chief Rum has played previous and the way he is playing now means...

VOTE Chief Rum

I said earlier that I would vote for him unless something changed and I don't see anything to change it.

I also find it neat that Tyrith is so aginst voting for him today. If Chief is bad, then Tyrith jumps to the top of the list for me.

I'm not so against, but we have SO MANY OPTIONS right now. Why pick a guy that isn't going to be around to defend himself? What possible good motivation is there to it? I understand Alan doing it; he has a precise reason. But some of the other early votes were just "oh, he acts like this when he's bad", while it's probably a couple days too early for that, and the rest is a sheer dogpile. Why not pick someone that could reveal a good role if they have one instead of taking it to the grave with themselves? If you want to lynch me for having independent thoughts tomorrow, sure, go ahead.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:36 PM   #629
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Is that a joke?

I cant do anything right..either im voting for someone i dont believe is bad, and people dont like it...or im voting someone who is not in the race, and people dont like it...i love this game

Yeah, this is really annoying overall. No matter what you do there is someone that can make an argument that will wind up with you dead...that's how I feel about all the votes today. No matter what happens if someone is willing to charge at you enough they can find something incriminating today.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:37 PM   #630
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Is that a joke?

It's no joke at all. With 25 people, this is still like a day 1 vote. I doubt either of these guys are on the dark side, either, but it worked yesterday. And, if it turns out that this is a close, two-man race, vote, we may be able to look back on today's and yesterday's votes to put together a decent list of suspects, particularly since we did hit yesterday.

I can understand your frustration, but don't play angry. Play smart.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #631
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I don't like chief or lathum as a vote today so I'm not moving my vote.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #632
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
It's no joke at all. With 25 people, this is still like a day 1 vote. I doubt either of these guys are on the dark side, either, but it worked yesterday. And, if it turns out that this is a close, two-man race, vote, we may be able to look back on today's and yesterday's votes to put together a decent list of suspects, particularly since we did hit yesterday.

You aren't the one he's frustrated at. He's frustrated because he changed his vote because Alan told him to vote for who he thought was bad, and here you are arguing the exact opposite way. He's screwed into a corner because no matter what he does one of you will be able to argue he wasn't doing what he should be.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #633
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'm sorry, but yesterday was a joke for voting. I started it on scoobz with thinking he never really intended to sign up. Anxiety corrected that for us stating that scoobz was in fact playing.

It was a shot at someone who didn't check in. almost everyone jumped on him, some sooner than others, but there really wasn't a lot to look at with him.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #634
st.cronin
General Manager

btw, these were the first four votes for scoobz:

sndvls
alant
lsg
fouts

The first three are my circle of trust right now.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #635
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm sorry, but yesterday was a joke for voting. I started it on scoobz with thinking he never really intended to sign up. Anxiety corrected that for us stating that scoobz was in fact playing.

It was a shot at someone who didn't check in. almost everyone jumped on him, some sooner than others, but there really wasn't a lot to look at with him.

Yes. Yesterday's vote was totally not about allegiance -- it would not surprise me if bad guys were in on it because the writing was on the wall. Today is going to be fairly bad if we even get a lynch off because there are people that are voting for the sake of getting a lynch, not because of allegiance again. Overanalyzing these first few days of voting is going to cause us to make bad lynches later...in fact, overanalysis tends to get us into trouble no matter what it's about, at least historically.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #636
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
You aren't the one he's frustrated at. He's frustrated because he changed his vote because Alan told him to vote for who he thought was bad, and here you are arguing the exact opposite way. He's screwed into a corner because no matter what he does one of you will be able to argue he wasn't doing what he should be.

Like I said, don't pin anything on me. I only said for him to vote who he wants to vote and leave me out of it. I'm not forcing him to vote anyone and I'm using his votes to judge him. I said this in my post to him. If he thinks I'm bad then so be it. I'm not the one attacking him, he's attacking me. I just want him to stop saying I have ultimate power over his will and decisions.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #637
SnDvls
Pro Starter

okay I'll bring up the no lynch option like others have

in the rules it says that darkness can overwhelm the good. a 1:1 ratio isn't the wolves winning condition as they can overwhelm us.

are we thinking that might be a 2 to 1 ratio (good to bad)? why don't you vote for who you want if we don't lynch we don't lynch, but the evil will have to make a kill and our seer or bodyguard will eventually nab someone.

we can forced the darkness's hand here. make them do the work. as people die we can see their votes and see who is still around.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #638
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Do you think his teammates didn't know who he was? Do you think they piled on? Do you think they may have piled on after the die was cast, so they wouldn't look bad?

I think there is information to take away from the Day 1 vote. Sorry if you disagree.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #639
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

sndvls
alant
lsg
fouts

Heres my problem with this...we have two evil factions, who cannot win the game with the other. So both evil factions want to eliminate the other, and likely dont know its members. So i can assume the first 3 are good, as the other evil faction had just as much reason to want scoobz dead as the rest of us.
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #640
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

sndvls
alant
lsg
fouts

I can understand trusting them more than other people, mathematically, but like last game there is always the situation where both one of the voters and the target were bad, they just didn't know it. So while I agree with you it's to be weighed in the context of the game, as we eventually figure out what the rules actually are.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #641
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

sndvls
alant
lsg
fouts

With there being 4 sides, even if Scoobz was on Saruman's side like I thought, I don't think you can say any of us (including myself) who voted for him isn't necessarily on Sauron's side. I think yesterday's vote might tell us about who was on Saruman's side, but not who is necessarily good or bad
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #642
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

sndvls
alant
lsg
fouts

funny thing is you said I wasn't there yesterday (I know it was day one,but it was funny at the time) and today I'm voting for you because of your vote for me yesterday and that I wanted to hear more from you today. (which you are giving me)

just found it ironic
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #643
Blade6119
Coordinator

so i cant*
Demotivation
Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #644
st.cronin
General Manager

I would call the following players utr, just at first glance:

BrianD
ntndeacon
Schmidty
Mr. Wednesday
Izulde
Thomkal
Grammaticus
Sublime2
DaddyTorgo

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #645
st.cronin
General Manager

Oh, I totally realize that one of those players could be bad. It's a starting point, is all.

knives out
Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #646
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Do you think his teammates didn't know who he was? Do you think they piled on? Do you think they may have piled on after the die was cast, so they wouldn't look bad?

I think there is information to take away from the Day 1 vote. Sorry if you disagree.

I think that info can be taken from it, but not by lynching a good guy today.

see this game isn't like most (at this point with so many people required to lynch) where a simple majority lynches. we have to have half plus one.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #647
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaargh. i don't know...there's really not that much to go on at this point, beside CR seeming suspicious for a bit. why did everyone get away from saldana after his attack on CR again?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #648
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - not saying lathum or CR are good either I just don't like them today
Old 11-07-2006, 07:49 PM   #649
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

st cronin...how am i UTR? I have plenty of posts in here, and I havn't been around 800 hours a day true, but that's because RL has reared its ugly head a bit.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #650
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think that info can be taken from it, but not by lynching a good guy today.

see this game isn't like most (at this point with so many people required to lynch) where a simple majority lynches. we have to have half plus one.

A simple majority is a half plus one, aka 51 out of 100 as in the US Senate. Most of our games have lynches done by a plurality instead of a majority. Just a semantic difference in terminology.