Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2015, 02:17 AM   #1
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Pro Strategy Football Screenshots

One of the biggest changes to the 2015 versions of the Pro Strategy Football games is the new play calling! This is available in both Casual and Hard Core difficulty.

Here you're on offense. You can tap any pulsing player or any of the icons around the edges.

Here I've tapped the QB (be sure to tap all players, as they have different options)

Notice that you see his game stats and player ratings at the top of the menu. The visible ratings and stats will depend on whether you're calling a run, pass, punt, or fieldgoal. The QB can change the play, formation, toggle between play action and drop back pass, and more.

Here I can see the different formations:

And the various base plays available:

Tapping any eligible receiver or ball carrier, I can choose to give him the ball, change his pass pattern, maybe send him in motion. For convenience, the Play can be changed as well.

Tap any back or tight end to assign him to pass block or to run a route. The HB can also be designated as a hot receiver.

The Coach icon is at the lower left. Tapping that icon brings up some special options, including the ability to change the difficulty, ask for the advice, and simulate the rest of the game.

In the upper left is the very important clock icon! You must learn to manage the clock, something that many real life teams shockingly neglect!

Next is the Reports menu in the upper right. From here, you can choose to view stats, scouting reports, injury reports, recap the previous play, and more.

Now let's check out the defense.
Tap any Linebacker or the Free Safety (or the coach) to bring up your defensive menus.

Shift a four man line where you anticipate an attack, or stunt to increase pass rush.

Choose from six base formations and three base coverages.

As always, if you're not sure what to do, you can switch to Casual difficulty to ease in, or you can tap Info on any option. You can also ask for advice from the Coach menu, or even have the defensive coordinator suggest a play!

Of course, after all this hard work, let's hope your players can perform! We've all seen even the best players have best days. Send in your plays and watch the results!

Pro Strategy Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Wow!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
MJ4H
Coordinator

Bought this today and have had fun playing it during my downtime at work.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
FBPro
College Starter

Looks fantastic, were you able to get the edit ability into the iOS version?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
PilotMan
Head Coach

Is there going to be any way to side swipe through the stats when you pull them up instead of having to re-select each?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

PilotMan, I doubt I'll be able to get that in this release just because I have so many things to do, and the holidays are here.

What if I could add left and right arrow buttons at the top for now? Would that help? I could make them loop, too, so if you keep tapping right, it'll eventually loop around.

FBPro, you mean edit names? If so, not yet. I'm still struggling with one Apple requirement. I want to get this on iOS and then create some tutorial videos, and then start right away on the editing ability within the game. It should be pretty simple on iOS.

MJ4H, Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #7
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, if you can find a nice place, a looping side arrow would accomplish the same thing. Thanks

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
Groundhog
Coordinator

Really impressive and clean UI. I can't even imagine trying to put something together like this for hand-held devices.

Definitely going to give this a d/l.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:27 AM   #9
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Really impressive and clean UI. I can't even imagine trying to put something together like this for hand-held devices.

Definitely going to give this a d/l.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy the games!
Old 02-13-2016, 12:41 PM   #10
Pro Strategy Football
High School JV

Hey, guys, I'm releasing another update today, and I'm also lowering the price of the games the rest of the year. If you have any friends who have wanted to try out the Pro Strategy Football games, they're now 40% off the rest of the year. Watch for the 2016 version in August!

Also, if you're a Steam user and would like to see PSF on PC or Mac, please consider visiting the Greenlight page and voting yes!
Steam Greenlight :: Pro Strategy Football