Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2020, 02:01 PM   #201
timmae
College Starter

The people currently voting bhlloy is a good start for a bad role list. Maybe only 1 or 2 out of the 4 currently voting him may flip bad but that would be a decent shot in the dark percentage for a D1 lynch.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:12 PM   #202
bhlloy
Coordinator

Feels like a stretch. Typical wolf (villager in this case) behavior would be to split the vote and be as quiet as possible day one. There’s no value in them piling on, especially on something as obvious as “Lynch the guy who hasn’t checked in” because if that person turns up good it looks terrible.

If it was a runaway and I turned out to be bad then I would look to see who switched on to me late in the day, because that’s very wolfy behavior (give yourself a wolf vote and don’t get stranded) but unfortunately that’s not going to turn out to be the case
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:13 PM   #203
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have to say that post has kinda piqued my interest in you though. A villager trying to influence the n1 lynch is interesting. Almost feels like you have some insight into where you’d like to see that go?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #204
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I have to say that post has kinda piqued my interest in you though. A villager trying to influence the n1 lynch is interesting. Almost feels like you have some insight into where you’d like to see that go?

Not sure I follow the N1 influence or reference. Just saying that list of people is on my "watch" list.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:20 PM   #205
timmae
College Starter

And by 'villager' I think you meant 'wolf', correct?
Old 04-29-2020, 02:21 PM   #206
timmae
College Starter

Or did you mean vampire? Now I am confused. I'll shut up for a bit..
Old 04-29-2020, 02:31 PM   #207
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Or did you mean vampire? Now I am confused. I'll shut up for a bit..

We are going to have so much fun with this, I can already tell.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #208
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
As of post 199:

bhlloy 4 - henry296 (108), GoldenEagle (112), RendeR (116), LoneStarGirl (125)
henry296 3 - Autumn (82), timmae (93), Chief Rum (113)
RendeR 3 - britrock88 (142), Telle (145), bhlloy (196)

Quote:
And by 'villager' I think you meant 'wolf', correct?

Yes, sorry. “Good guys” - and yeah this is going to take a lot of getting used to (and potentially some fun metagaming)
Old 04-29-2020, 03:21 PM   #209
bhlloy
Coordinator

So this has gone quiet, even adjusting for folks who may be at work. I'm actually going to switch things up a bit... definitely won't leave it tied if it comes down to it, but try to get some movement going.

unvote RendeR
vote henry296
Old 04-29-2020, 03:30 PM   #210
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure I follow the N1 influence or reference. Just saying that list of people is on my "watch" list.

I realised I said n1 lynch rather than n1 NK, so that was probably pretty confusing.

Reading the rules again, it's interesting that there isn't a mentioned NK ability. Do we presume that the Vampire can convert a wolf (good guy) to a vampire with NK, and then what does the vanilla vampire do? I can't imagine in such a small game there's possibility of multiple NK's on the vampire side, would seem too easy to get the win. Does the village (bad guys) get a NK ability that isn't mentioned?

I'm feeling pretty lost on the mechanics of this game to be honest, but maybe it will be clearer once we see a couple of nights.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #211
timmae
College Starter

Agreed bhlloy. We have a lot of information that we do not yet know. Several different roles could affect the balance as well as night actions, none of which is clear to the wolves. There are a lot of quiet people out there that may know more than most of us at this point. I am hoping we can start to game the system come D2 and know even more D3. Not sure when the tipping point for game over may be... somewhere around D4? Both villagers and vampires need equal numbers to wolves AND to get rid of any other entity (note "any other entity"). A lynch and a NK of some sort along with conversions and secret abilities and this could all happen pretty quickly.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:45 PM   #212
henry296
College Starter

unvote bhlloy

As I stated, I was only voting for him because he was inactive. I'm actually now leaning Telle since she was violently opposing me which makes me believe we are on opposite sides. To me, the showdown should be between us because we pushed the opposite agenda which means that one of is likely bad and it isn't me.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #213
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Sorry guys, I had no idea this was going on. Checking in and getting caught up now.

I knew the extended day was a ruse! Welcome to the game Bhlloy
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 03:56 PM   #214
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

unvote bhlloy as well.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #215
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I realised I said n1 lynch rather than n1 NK, so that was probably pretty confusing.

Reading the rules again, it's interesting that there isn't a mentioned NK ability. Do we presume that the Vampire can convert a wolf (good guy) to a vampire with NK, and then what does the vanilla vampire do? I can't imagine in such a small game there's possibility of multiple NK's on the vampire side, would seem too easy to get the win. Does the village (bad guys) get a NK ability that isn't mentioned?

I'm feeling pretty lost on the mechanics of this game to be honest, but maybe it will be clearer once we see a couple of nights.

My first guess would be that the night kill is assumed, and doesn't need to be mentioned in the rules.

Therefore, I would assume if there is a vampire or vampires, they don't have their own night kill but probably a conversion of some type, and not one every night. That would be overkill.

However, my second guess would be that there have been some games we've played where the bad guys don't start with a kill and then have to gain one as the game goes on. That's always a lot of confusion but I could see EF doing something like that.

Now, my question is about the healing action EF mentioned. Going back to the roles to check what that might be.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #216
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, I glossed over this the first few times reading through

"Doctor - Can heal a fellow wolf who was attacked."

I know this is often a role in regular Werewolf, but not one we typically had in our games here. I don't remember how this mechanic typically works, but it might suggest that kills are not instantaneous? Or it's basically a bodyguard block that happens after the attack? I'm not sure. Not much use speculating but good to keep in mind as we go forward.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:22 PM   #217
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Posted the order of actions in the rules as well. For the night actions they will be as follows (if the associated roles exist):

1) Any watch/scan
2) Count conversion
3) Villager Attack
4) Vampire Attack
5) Heal
6) Convert Action

FYI.. regarding the what kills exist discussion.

This seems to suggest both the conversion, villager attack and vampire attack are things.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 PM   #218
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Okay, I glossed over this the first few times reading through

"Doctor - Can heal a fellow wolf who was attacked."

I know this is often a role in regular Werewolf, but not one we typically had in our games here. I don't remember how this mechanic typically works, but it might suggest that kills are not instantaneous? Or it's basically a bodyguard block that happens after the attack? I'm not sure. Not much use speculating but good to keep in mind as we go forward.

The doctor is a variant on a bodyguard--I'm not sure if they're different in anything other than name, typically.

With the kill and conversion mechanics potentially in play here, I wonder whether this power to "heal" applies to one, the other, or both.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 PM   #219
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 219:

henry296 4 - Autumn (82), timmae (93), Chief Rum (113), bhlloy (209)
bhlloy 2 - GoldenEagle (112), RendeR (116)
RendeR 2 - britrock88 (142), Telle (145)

No current vote - henry296, LoneStarGirl

Last edited by EagleFan : 04-29-2020 at 04:28 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 04:46 PM   #220
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We need conversation, so I am going to even things up a bit. Runaway voting gives us no help.

UNVOTE HENRY296

VOTE RENDER

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:48 PM   #221
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The doctor is a variant on a bodyguard--I'm not sure if they're different in anything other than name, typically.

With the kill and conversion mechanics potentially in play here, I wonder whether this power to "heal" applies to one, the other, or both.

Yeah, I'm trying to think of the nuances of Town of Salem without booting it up in the middle of the work day. I think BG can only block certain types of attack whereas Doctor can heal any kind of attack, but maybe I have that backwards. And of course, there's no evidence we are playing by those rules anyway.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:51 PM   #222
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FYI.. regarding the what kills exist discussion.

This seems to suggest both the conversion, villager attack and vampire attack are things.

The "if the associated rules exist" puts that in doubt I think. I think if EF had left one of those out, it would have been a confirmation that a certain role or mechanic wasn't in the game - I'm not reading too much into it.

I still think if all those things are in a 10 person game with 3 teams, this is going to last like 3 days tops. After such a long hiatus, that would be a shame
Old 04-29-2020, 04:56 PM   #223
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The "if the associated rules exist" puts that in doubt I think. I think if EF had left one of those out, it would have been a confirmation that a certain role or mechanic wasn't in the game - I'm not reading too much into it.

I still think if all those things are in a 10 person game with 3 teams, this is going to last like 3 days tops. After such a long hiatus, that would be a shame

I agree with you in general, but only on the non-usual things. A "wolf" kill is pretty much standard in WW. Since we see it in EF's order of events and it being so common, I think we can presume the villagers have a NK.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #224
timmae
College Starter

I'd prefer to hear more from some of the quiet players... who do you like for villagers/vamps all? Any thoughts on roles from a meta perspective? Any meal time arguments over werewolf?!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:23 PM   #225
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 225:

henry296 3 - Autumn (82), timmae (93), bhlloy (209)
RendeR 3 - britrock88 (142), Telle (145), Chief Rum (221)
bhlloy 2 - GoldenEagle (112), RendeR (116)

No current vote - henry296, LoneStarGirl
Old 04-29-2020, 05:51 PM   #226
henry296
College Starter

Since heal happens after both attacks I think it would help against either villager or vampire. For now I’m assuming we have both.

I’m wondering if going back to bhlloy could work because trying to understand if telle was trying to protect him or render was throwing him under the bus was part of the strategy last night. I realize the same could be said of me, but I’m not voting for myself.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:23 PM   #227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

If this ends up henry vs Render, the final vote will come down to GoldenEagle and LSG.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #228
bhlloy
Coordinator

I’m away now until about an hour before deadline. Just gave a quick reread of the thread, nothing really stands out about the 2 up there. I’d like to go in the direction of the more inactive members, I know that is rich coming from moi. GE and Lonestargirl - the latter has been active enough but not really saying much, it’s a potentially problematic approach.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #229
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Since heal happens after both attacks I think it would help against either villager or vampire. For now I’m assuming we have both.

I’m wondering if going back to bhlloy could work because trying to understand if telle was trying to protect him or render was throwing him under the bus was part of the strategy last night. I realize the same could be said of me, but I’m not voting for myself.

This is similar to what I am thinking. I will obviously move my vote if bhlloy is not a candidate but I am not sure why everyone moved off of him so quickly.
Old 04-29-2020, 06:34 PM   #230
bhlloy
Coordinator

Unvote Henry296
Vote Lonestargirl
Old 04-29-2020, 07:19 PM   #231
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Unvote Henry296
Vote Lonestargirl

I guess it makes sense that you would vote for me when I have been relatively quiet today and I voted for you when you were MIA for the day... but the vote for me doesn't make sense. We have a tie and the fact you wanted a throw away vote instead of putting the pressure on the Henry or Render.

so again vote Bhlloy
Old 04-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #232
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 225:

bhlloy 3 - GoldenEagle (112), RendeR (116), LoneStarGirl (231)
henry296 2 - Autumn (82), timmae (93)
LoneStarGirl 1 - bhlloy (230)

No current vote - henry296
Old 04-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #233
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I guess it makes sense that you would vote for me when I have been relatively quiet today and I voted for you when you were MIA for the day... but the vote for me doesn't make sense. We have a tie and the fact you wanted a throw away vote instead of putting the pressure on the Henry or Render.

so again vote Bhlloy

I'll accept this one but next time please leave the vote on a line of its own. If this wasn't the very last post before my update I may have missed the vote while skimming over the posts.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:25 PM   #235
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This time I am leaving this screen up and barring any surprise calls from the hospital with a bad update I will be here for 10:00.
Old 04-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #236
RendeR
Coordinator

OK so Bhlloy has arrived, my vote for him was purely to eliminate a non entity, but since that is no longer the case.

UNVOTE BHLLOY
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #237
RendeR
Coordinator

I am seriously impressed with just how easily telle got the bandwagon on me today.

She was intensely defending Bhlloy yesterday based on nothing more than speculation as to game mechanics we know nothing about. And now that her defended has come around he throws a vote on me then changes again later.

Trying to cover a mistake on his part? I dunno, but it makes me suspicious.

If all else fails I will vote to defend myself. Putting that out there now.

And of course we're now back to a more typical "we know very little Night 1 vote"
Old 04-29-2020, 08:08 PM   #238
henry296
College Starter

I’m with RendeR. Willing to vote for Telle but we will need one more or he will be voted off.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #239
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I am seriously impressed with just how easily telle got the bandwagon on me today.

She was intensely defending Bhlloy yesterday based on nothing more than speculation as to game mechanics we know nothing about. And now that her defended has come around he throws a vote on me then changes again later.

And of course we're now back to a more typical "we know very little Night 1 vote"

What did you know before that you don't know now? That someone hadn't shown up yet and was thus an easy way to place a vote without drawing suspicion? Except that didn't work.

Btw, good job trying to spin stuff and spitting out meaningless jabber. You'd make a good press secretary for a head of state.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:13 PM   #240
Telle
College Starter

As of #239:

bhlloy 2 - GoldenEagle (112), LoneStarGirl (231)
henry296 2 - Autumn (82), timmae (93)
LoneStarGirl 1 - bhlloy (230)

No current vote - henry296, RendeR
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #241
RendeR
Coordinator

Meaningless Jabber?

Did you not state that you based your choices on the BELIEF that eaglefan would have a "more balanced and fair" way of handling ties?

thats not meaningless, thats a fact. None of us have a clue, especially with his response to that specific question. So call it what you want, tis a fact that you're going off speculation and guesswork, not facts or logic.

I'd like to think your hounding of me right from the get go is little more than being a snarky spouse, but frankly you're too good at this game to assume silliness from you. Everything you do in game is planned. Which makes me even more suspicious.

Nice try
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #242
bhlloy
Coordinator

Can I really not get anyone to come with me on LSG? Quiet as hell, lots of posts saying stuff but not really saying stuff. Unvoted me with the herd after I showed up but didn't really explain it. Defensive when I just put the first vote on earlier today?

I'm not feeling RendeR particularly, but I'll switch in a bit unless the situation changes. Sorry buddy. I'd rather be on LSG or GE.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #243
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
What did you know before that you don't know now? That someone hadn't shown up yet and was thus an easy way to place a vote without drawing suspicion?

I stated my reasons from the beginning, killing a non active player saves the majority of the village for a night AND gains us knowledge of whatever role they played NOT being in the game.

He returned, I no longer had a reason to vote that way, so I took off my vote.

Transparency darling, its something you should try. You're argument reeks of deflection and confusing the facts.

No logic needed there.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #244
Telle
College Starter

I stated that a wait-and-see approach made a hell of a lot more sense than wasting the day's vote. If we just vote out the inactive player then the bad guys have an easy place to hide their votes if that person isn't one of them, so we learn little to nothing from that vote; there was a chance the inactive player could still show up, WHICH HE DID; we didn't know if EagleFan would be taking care of the issue himself, so why not give it a day or so to find out?

The fact that you keep trying to spin what I'm clearly stating should be telling to everyone else here.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:24 PM   #245
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

The fact that Telle was adamant that we don’t vote for Bhlloy and that Bhlloy did a throwaway vote against me makes me think one (or both) are on the bad side of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

Old 04-29-2020, 08:26 PM   #246
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

It’s day 1. What is there to conclusively say?

Quote:
Can I really not get anyone to come with me on LSG? Quiet as hell, lots of posts saying stuff but not really saying stuff. Unvoted me with the herd after I showed up but didn't really explain it. Defensive when I just put the first vote on earlier today?

I'm not feeling RendeR particularly, but I'll switch in a bit unless the situation changes. Sorry buddy. I'd rather be on LSG or GE.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #247
Telle
College Starter

I wasn't adamant that we don't vote for bhlloy. I was adamant that we don't default-vote the inactive player. I didn't care who it was. As a good guy, I have no idea whatsoever which side bhlloy is on. He very well could be a villager or vampire. Now that he's here, please feel free to vote for him!
Old 04-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #248
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I stated that a wait-and-see approach made a hell of a lot more sense than wasting the day's vote. If we just vote out the inactive player then the bad guys have an easy place to hide their votes if that person isn't one of them, so we learn little to nothing from that vote; there was a chance the inactive player could still show up, WHICH HE DID; we didn't know if EagleFan would be taking care of the issue himself, so why not give it a day or so to find out?

The fact that you keep trying to spin what I'm clearly stating should be telling to everyone else here.

It wasn’t exactly a run away vote on him at any point though.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #249
RendeR
Coordinator

What you're clearly stating is what makes no sense, you'd rather kill off an active player than someone who was not.

If in fact Bhlloy had never shown up you'd have lost us a 2nd player out of 10 instead of just 1, we'd still not know what bhlloys role was so that variable remains.

assuming there are multiple factions at work here and possibly 3 kills a night, had bhlloy NOT returned YOUR plan would have us down to 6 players after night 1 with no more information than we started with.

again, you're defended has returned, so now you get to act all high and mighty as if what you were saying had any merit to begin with.

and as stated, I have followed my statements to the letter, he's back, I changed my vote.

if I didn't have to save my own to defend myself thanks to you, I'd be moving my vote your way.

convenient how that works in your favor, hm?
Old 04-29-2020, 08:30 PM   #250
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
It wasn’t exactly a run away vote on him at any point though.

If my spreadsheet is accurate.. 6 of the first 10 votes were for bhlloy, with the other 4 votes split on 2 people.