Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Update on what is happening.

I don't have much besides what I sent in the email/PM, but I thought I'd make a new stickied thread for updates and questions, so here it is.

As of right now, though, we have all the information that's needed posted here, with more than 24 hours of notice before the next file is due. Unless specific complications arise, the plan as of this moment is that Week 6 will be run as per schedule on Friday at 6:30am EDT.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #2
Ben E Lou

Greg, here's a point of information.

I just got a notification that vbulletin just "posted" the RSS Feed of a new thread in the FOF2K7 forum. The thread was just posted a few minutes ago, so I guess that means that at least parts of the vbulletin backend are working just fine: it's still out there "looking" for the RSS Feed, and it put it in the place in the database where it belongs. Don't know if that info will be useful to you or not, but thought I'd post it just in case.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

What's happened is vBulletin takes advantage of "mysqli" to do database access, and they've lost that functionality for us twice now.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I've said it to Ben, and I'll say it here: I can see the new control panel and this is a much nicer setup in the long run, but the conversion process has been a complete and total cluster, and I'm not happy about it. They screwed up some pretty fundamental things, and we weren't even close to being one of the first sites to go through this (hi USFL guys!).

Which has been a big surprise to me, given how good they've been in the past. We'll see how this goes, but if we end up needing a new host, then we end up needing a new host.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 AM   #5
Ben E Lou

The forums came back up for about 20 minutes, but now appear to be down for everyone once again. Given the instability and seemingly-constant flux of the migration so far, I think everyone would be wise to keep this forum bookmarked at least for a while.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
Ben E Lou

As of right now, some can get into the WOOF Forum, and some can't. I can't. Greg just posted this over there, though. (Received via e-mail notification)

Quote:
gstelmack has just posted in the General Discussion forum of World Order Of Football Forum under the title of Export Confirmation For Week 6.

This thread is located at Export Confirmation For Week 6 - World Order Of Football Forum

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Sigh. It appears that the upload page is reading from the old location internally, which would be on THEIR end. It shows ONE file, HWK's for me. I'll yell at them when I get a chance.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #7
Ben E Lou

Oh...and of course, HWK's is the *one* file I can't get to. If Greg can grab it, I'll go ahead and run the stage.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:47 AM   #8
miked
College Starter

Looks dead to me, some PHP errors. You should sim anyway, I'm sure HWK will still score 42, instead of the usual 50.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #9
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

We are still having issues at the USFL, as well. Although our forums have been working fine since the intial fix I had to make after the move, the user sessions are timing out too quickly on the ASP.NET site (in like a minute, instead of like 10-15 minutes as before).
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Here is a link showing how the EasyCGI ruccus is affecting businesses.. people are in riot mode.. looks like EasyCGI was purchased... this would explain the data move: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=728993
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #11
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

This mess is going hand in hand with the mess that is my Copenhagen Kings.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #12
gstelmack
Pro Starter

They said flat-out in the e-mails that this was a new management team. They may not be in business for long...
Old 10-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #13
RedKingGold
College Starter

4:37 and I'm in the WOOF forum. Give it a try if you haven't:

http://www.gstelmack.com/woof/forum/index.php
Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #14
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Not loading for me.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint