Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > FOF MP Commish Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-15-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Lintyfresh85
n00b

Question about simming game days

Yesterday was my first 'gameday' sim as commish. I imported the files as normal... but when I went to simulate the games, my system kept crashing.

I believe the problem stems from owners who were not sending in an export for the week.

Multiple teams had more than 46 on their gameday roster and just as many did not have their depth charts filled out correctly.

The only solution I found to not crashing my system was to put the offending teams on CPU control for the sim and once the sim was over, return them to human control. (I assume the CPU fixed their rosters and set their depth charrs?)

There has to be a better way of fixing depth charts/roster issues than what I had to go through.

Any ideas on how I could fix the situation?

Thanks.

Lintyfresh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85 View Post
Yesterday was my first 'gameday' sim as commish. I imported the files as normal... but when I went to simulate the games, my system kept crashing.

I believe the problem stems from owners who were not sending in an export for the week.

Multiple teams had more than 46 on their gameday roster and just as many did not have their depth charts filled out correctly.

The only solution I found to not crashing my system was to put the offending teams on CPU control for the sim and once the sim was over, return them to human control. (I assume the CPU fixed their rosters and set their depth charrs?)

There has to be a better way of fixing depth charts/roster issues than what I had to go through.

Any ideas on how I could fix the situation?

Thanks.

That's the easiest way to do it for the commissioner. It's also probably the fairest as it allows Otto (the AI) to decide who stays and who goes, who plays and who sits, rather than a fellow team owner (assuming you play in the league as well).

You can however, if you choose, do all the work yourself. Open up the game in multiplayer, open Global Options, then choose/edit color scheme and select the team that has an illegal roster. Click save on that screen, then you can go in and change who sits and plays, and even fix the depth charts of a team if need be.

Cheers,
-Bear

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote