Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 08:24 PM   #651
Joe
Pro Starter

oh yeah, I wanted to kill schmidty off early, but Raven thought we should keep him around and it could work to his advantage, since they knew each other outside of the game.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #652
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

When GWB voted for Schmidty, I was about 90% sure that it was Raven/GWB. I wasn't sure who was the Wolf King though, and I was willing to take a 50/50 chance by riding with Schmidty's GWB vote and get a duel.

Unfortunately, Raven played some mind games on Schmidty and he switched, and my last second plea couldn't seal the deal for us.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #653
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
oh yeah, I wanted to kill schmidty off early, but Raven thought we should keep him around and it could work to his advantage, since they knew each other outside of the game.

Well, that worked out for you, since Raven's guilt trip really convinced me. I'm such a sucker.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 PM   #654
Joe
Pro Starter

in case you guys didn't know, I was really serious about not being able to post at FOFC from work. in fact, I was going to ask kwhit for a replacement, but when I came home to find 4 PMs in my inbox about me now being a wolf, I figured what the hell.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #655
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

oh, and thanks for running the game again, KWhit!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:45 PM   #656
KWhit
Coordinator

I enjoyed it, guys! I think you all played a good game. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll run another more experimental and complex game in a week or two, so keep your eyes peeled.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #657
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I enjoyed it, guys! I think you all played a good game. I hope you enjoyed it!

I'll run another more experimental and complex game in a week or two, so keep your eyes peeled.

Sign me up right now in case I don't see it in time!!! You ran a super game. Thanks again.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #658
KWhit
Coordinator

You're on the list!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #659
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh and I felt real bad about Fouts being jumped on for what I thought was pretty shaky reasons at the time. I thought it was an innocent comment, but had to go along with it to save my own skin. Because you see I was the first one to suggest we shouldn't be voting for Blackadar not you-and no one picked up on it after it was revealed he was a wolf. Instead they went after you. Would have liked to have defended you.

Oh and I thought the whole "butt sniffing" reason for voting for Blackadar was pretty crazy too.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #660
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Sign me up as well KWhit!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:04 PM   #661
Fouts
College Starter

Yes, I got the shaft. Lucky for the werewolves. I never suspected Raven, but GWB was suspicious.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #662
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

JeeberD, who were the guys that you viewed?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 PM   #663
heybrad
Norm!!!

Great game Kwhit. I was surprised that a lot of focus stayed on me after what I thought we're pretty easy hints that I was the Duke. I kept getting in a position where I was sure about a guy and then he'd give a great "Save Me, You're Wrong" speech. I felt like if I switched at that point I'd look like a sucker so I stuck with my votes. I guess it didnt turn out so well.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 PM   #664
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad
Great game Kwhit. I was surprised that a lot of focus stayed on me after what I thought we're pretty easy hints that I was the Duke. I kept getting in a position where I was sure about a guy and then he'd give a great "Save Me, You're Wrong" speech. I felt like if I switched at that point I'd look like a sucker so I stuck with my votes. I guess it didnt turn out so well.

Told ya so.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #665
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Congratulations wolves! Nicely played in this one, from what I read.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:42 PM   #666
mrsimperless
College Prospect

From what I heard Jeeber saw Schmidty, Henry, heybrad, and ntndeacon as villagers. He saw no wolves.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:28 AM   #667
Raven
College Prospect

KWhit, the only problem I had with the roles was the sorceror. It's a nice basis of a role, but I think you should consider expanding it a bit.

Maybe just eliminate one wolf, and let the sorceror be a wolf, but with the power to see the seer.

Or maybe just let the sorceror know who the wolves are, but not let the wolves know who the sorceror is?

You can play with the idea a bit, but as it now stands, I think the sorceror role isn't very important. Maybe it's just because ours got killed off early. How has the role been in the other games?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:44 AM   #668
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
As the bodyguard I was almost completely a failure, though I did protect all villagers.

The first night I protected Schmidty because of a post by RaidersArmy identifying him as a villager. I was hoping that I had gotten lucky with a random correct pick, but I see now the wolves were able to turn the cursed that night.

The second night I protected RaidersArmy, because it seemed he had been the most vocal to that point. Instead, the wolves took out Thomkal, who had one long, insightful post, but I thought he would be overlooked by the wolves.

Night three was probably the biggest mistake on my part. Simperless was the obvious choice and was targeted, but I thought the wolves would assume the bodyguard was protecting simperless and pick someone else. I went with ntndeacon at that point, on a hunch.

That of course put me in a bind because the next day was ntndeacon's reveal, so I couldn't protect him again that night. I went with RaidersArmy again, because it seemed like the wolves had gone back to targeting the vocal ones. That's when the wolves got me.

Maybe some overthinking on my part.

I thought maybe I had been right in my initial vote for Raven that day, and that's why the wolves had targeted me. Now I see it was GWB who was my nemesis.

All in all, good game. Congrats, wolves.
Thanks for watching my back.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 05:53 AM   #669
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
KWhit, the only problem I had with the roles was the sorceror. It's a nice basis of a role, but I think you should consider expanding it a bit.

Maybe just eliminate one wolf, and let the sorceror be a wolf, but with the power to see the seer.

Or maybe just let the sorceror know who the wolves are, but not let the wolves know who the sorceror is?

You can play with the idea a bit, but as it now stands, I think the sorceror role isn't very important. Maybe it's just because ours got killed off early. How has the role been in the other games?

I can try to answer this one. Yes, the Sorceror is a strange role. In some games, like my second one, there are two roles, one is the Sorceror and one is the Cultist. The Cultist knows who the wolves are but they don't know him, but doesn't have any other powers. The problem is that combining that with the Sorceror's ability makes that character TOO powerful. My new take on the Sorceror is that when they are scanning people to find the Seer, they can also ID the wolves at that point. Either they can only ID the first wolf they see (probably the best bet) or they can ID all of them. Of course this creates the possibility of a very strong Sorceror if he survives long enough!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:38 AM   #670
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
From what I heard Jeeber saw Schmidty, Henry, heybrad, and ntndeacon as villagers. He saw no wolves.

You are correct. The night I got killed I was going to view RA. I'm apparently a terrible seer...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:36 AM   #671
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I can try to answer this one. Yes, the Sorceror is a strange role. In some games, like my second one, there are two roles, one is the Sorceror and one is the Cultist. The Cultist knows who the wolves are but they don't know him, but doesn't have any other powers. The problem is that combining that with the Sorceror's ability makes that character TOO powerful. My new take on the Sorceror is that when they are scanning people to find the Seer, they can also ID the wolves at that point. Either they can only ID the first wolf they see (probably the best bet) or they can ID all of them. Of course this creates the possibility of a very strong Sorceror if he survives long enough!

I agree. Basically, in the rules we used this time, the sorcerer goes from having almost no power before he finds the seer, to having a LOT of power once he finds the seer.

The seer is a very powerful player and anyone who has the knowledge of who that is becomes very powerful - especially if no one else knows that you know. Think about it, not only can you try to get the seer lynched before he finds a wolf, but you can look at his old posts and see who he was defending (probably a known villager) and who he's strongly going after (probably a werewolf).

If the sorcerer finds the seer, he becomes a pretty powerful character.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #672
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos
Sign me up as well KWhit!

Got you on the list.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #673
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd like in as well. It might be interesting if we played a different game with the same people in different roles. Would biases carry over to the new game?
Old 07-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #674
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'd like in as well. It might be interesting if we played a different game with the same people in different roles. Would biases carry over to the new game?

I find that they do carry over a little bit, but only because people post similarly no matter what role they are.

A poster usually falls into a category while playing - whether they are insightful and pay attention, or if they are irrational, or maybe just never around and very quiet.

I find that I have biases for and against some of those player types. Those biases stay no matter what the roles are.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:06 PM   #675
Raven
College Prospect

KWhit, you can sign me up for the next game.

I would have signed up WW6, but I needed a break. This game really is time intensive.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #676
KWhit
Coordinator

Okey dokey.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #677
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I guess since I asked to be part of Werewolf V, and it took a little prompting to actually get in, I'll have to be more straightforward.

KWHIT, YOU CAN SIGN ME UP FOR THE NEXT GAME AS WELL.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:38 PM   #678
KWhit
Coordinator

You're on the list.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #679
KWhit
Coordinator

In fact, you were already on the list before the prompting.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #680
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Me three KWhit. I'll have a Samuel Jackson too.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:44 PM   #681
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Many thanx KWhit. Enjoyed this game.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #682
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ooo, Iwould like to be on the list too Kwhit!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 04:28 PM   #683
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Yes, and thank you for running things KWhit. It was a lot of fun. I had actually heard about the game for a while, but I hadn't heard of it being played on a message board before. Thanks for giving me the chance to try it out.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:30 PM   #684
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
KWhit, you can sign me up for the next game.

I would have signed up WW6, but I needed a break. This game really is time intensive.
It's not so bad when you manage to get yourself lynched in the first day.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:59 PM   #685
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
ooo, Iwould like to be on the list too Kwhit!

Done.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #686
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
It's not so bad when you manage to get yourself lynched in the first day.

Try inadventently supporting a werewolf, then nobody believing you made a mistake. At least I got vindication with the sorceror dying, too bad it didn't help.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #687
mrsimperless
College Prospect

In case my idiotic post above made no sense I want to play in your next game as well Kwhit.

Sometimes my stupid references make a lot more sense to me than to others.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #688
KWhit
Coordinator

I had figured it out.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 AM   #689
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Try inadventently supporting a werewolf, then nobody believing you made a mistake. At least I got vindication with the sorceror dying, too bad it didn't help.

Still unclear on why you find this vindicating. The sorcerer has no clue who the wolves are and vise-versa.