Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #251
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Oh probably.. not like there's good odds on catching a wolf on Day 2 with little info to go on. But switching to Darth wouldn't have fixed the tie issue, and switching to somebody not really in the running still puts you in the lead.

If you really think it's a bad move, you shouldn't do it. How can a tie be worse than voting for someone who you think is a villager? The good thing now is that if you and Autumn switch to DV, it won't be a tie anymore.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #252
The Jackal
Coordinator

Are you saying I shouldn't vote for DV?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #253
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

CW must have some inside info or something...or he just likes to pander
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #254
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Fair enough, Autumn. Might as well stick with my gut.

UNVOTE DARTH VILUS
VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #255
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

unvote DV
Vote Jackal
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #256
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
If you really think it's a bad move, you shouldn't do it. How can a tie be worse than voting for someone who you think is a villager? The good thing now is that if you and Autumn switch to DV, it won't be a tie anymore.

It's not so much that it's a bad move as it's an "as good as any" move. I'm not saying that I think you're a villager.. just that the odds are that you're more likely a villager than not. I have no information or intuition telling me that you should be spared before anyone else.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #257
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Looks like my only hope is the duke. Come on, CW....I'm a Bears fan! And PF is just sitting there with the word 'Packer' in his name! Make it so!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #258
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Holy Jackal run.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #259
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
unvote DV
Vote Jackal

Dude you come in with that now? It still puts me down a vote!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #260
saldana
Pro Starter

deadline...i have pass with 4 and jackal with 3...can anyone confirm?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #261
The Jackal
Coordinator

Meh. my internet isn't allowing me to follow this at all so i can't even see what a changed vote would do. if i go down, enjoy the game.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #262
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

That's what I have too.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #263
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Dude you come in with that now? It still puts me down a vote!

We do not want your water today.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #264
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

Sounds right. My head count had me with one more vote than The Jackal.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #265
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
unvote DV
Vote Jackal

A little late... if you had done that earlier then I wouldn't have had to move my vote to avoid a tie.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #266
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
A little late... if you had done that earlier then I wouldn't have had to move my vote to avoid a tie.

Yeah, very bizarre move. I'm not sure what the point of doing that was so late. If there was no intent to save me, I'm not sure what the point was of doing it all. Unless he has to vote for who he's duking to, or his vote counts extra.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #267
Autumn
Head Coach

One of those seems likely, Pass.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:05 PM   #268
Danny
Head Coach

My workout took longer than I thought, not that it means much but I would have switched to Jackal . Still, I'm not overly upset, as I didn't feel super strongly one way or the other.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #269
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
My workout took longer than I thought, not that it means much but I would have switched to Jackal . Still, I'm not overly upset, as I didn't feel super strongly one way or the other.

Priorities, man! I've been interspersing my workout with checking in on here every so often.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #270
saldana
Pro Starter

The presence of Muad'dib in your band of warriors has inspired a newfound confidence. You seem sure that Passacaglia is one of those that Stand Against the Righteous.

As you gather to receive your water ration for the night, and he approaches, you converge on Pass...a crysknife leaves it's sheath....

"HOLD!!!" booms the voice of Coffee Warlord. "The Water of Passacaglia's Life shall not be spilled today."

CW turns to face The Jackal.

"I can no longer trust in your service to the Fremen. You may choose to resist my will, and be slain, or you may take your chances with the Makers."

The Jackal looks at you all slowly, his eyes coming to rest on the placid visage of Muad'dib.

"My water belongs to my tribe, despite your lack of vision in your actions now."

With that, The Jackal draws his own crysknife, and for a moment even Muad'Dib tenses, expecting an attack, but none comes as The Jackal plunges the tooth of the Maker into his own chest.

The act of sacrificing his Water for the tribe is one only a true Fremen would make.

The Jackal was a Jihadi Warrior.

Day 2 has ended. It is night two, orders are due by 6am EST

Last edited by saldana : 01-19-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #271
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn. Sorry dude.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #272
Autumn
Head Coach

Hmmph.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #273
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm sure no one wants to hear my opinion, but I'd like to see Danny scanned tonight.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #274
Telle
College Starter

Well that certainly didn't work out well.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 PM   #275
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sorry Jackal, but I did actually believe that with all the late maneuvering, we could gain some valuable information, and I could put my Duke power to use. Think we have some fun analysis for tomorrow.

...Now back to seeing how I can botch my remaining powers...MUAH....DEEB.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #276
saldana
Pro Starter

i will be trying to replace Schmidty.

Martin has offered to take the spot...i dont see a reason why not..he was vanilla..anyone have a reason why i shouldnt give it to him?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #277
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm cool with it.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #278
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I don't have a problem with it.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #279
Autumn
Head Coach

Might be a great idea, as it avoids the problem of "Schmidty" having no vote history.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #280
Autumn
Head Coach

I really thought maybe we had one in Jackal. My wolfdar is not working yet it seems. Which might mean I was wrong to walk away from Passacaglia. Grr, this game.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #281
saldana
Pro Starter

btw, I realize "The Streak" predates everyone except Pass and CW i think, but last night and tonight were numbers 38 and 39
Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #282
saldana
Pro Starter

i bumped my ping for schmidty in OT and PMed martin...if i dont hear from Schmidty by morning, Martin is back in the game as of the end of this phase
Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #283
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well not the best result but again it could've been worse, we still have our roles.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 AM   #284
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have delved into the future, and seen many possibilities. Some lines see good Fremen turning against their own, and serving the vile Harkonnen. One possible future sees Darth Vilius as a traitor among us. I say we take his water and close off that future.

We're getting spread out again, but I'm going to go this route: Choosing the person who added the second vote onto MartinD, pushing him directly into the forefront.

Vote Darth Vilius

Ok, wuh-huh? In post #74 martinD was the first person to put a second vote on someone, in that case autumn. As of post #66 we had 6 candidtates already, there was no way I was putting in a 7th! It's not my fault that martin was lynched instead of Autumn. just saying, this isn't a failsafe reason to vote for me is all. I knowit's WW so i'm screwed either way, i was between a rock and a hard place. add a 7th ccandidate or put a 2nd vote on someone, either way i was going to catch heat. No problem, that's how it goes

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2011, 01:49 AM   #285
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

As of right now this is what I have for my trust list:

Trust
Coffee Warlord
Darth Vilus (I know I'm good)

Somewhat trust
Autumn
Pass
Danny

No idea
Schmidty (now most likely Martin D)
Telle
PackerFanatic
Chief Rum
NTNDeacon
Cougarfreak

Somewhat distrust
Raiders Army

Danny, Pass and Autumn just seem the same as they always do when we're playing, I'm not getting a real wolfvibe from any of them. I just really think that Pass and Autumn didn't like being in the hot seat yesterday (who does really?)

I'm getting a bad vibe off Raiders and he seems to try too hard to justify his votes. And so far he has had pretty weak reasons in my opinion. I don't have a clue on anyone else, I'll have to wait and see.

I do definitely think though that at least one of the wolves is trying to remain pretty quiet, fly under the radar. The cunning would most likely be one of the more outspoken ones since they would want to be scanned and cleared by the Seer.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #286
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Vote Darth Vilius

V-I-L-U-S

There is only one "I" in Vilus!!!!!!

Haha, jk. I'll see you all on the morrow

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM   #287
saldana
Pro Starter

As dawn breaks and the heat of the desert begins to rise, today's raiding party begins to assemble.

Telle, one who has been softspoken since her arrival, but whose presence commands a certain amount of respect, is among the first to arrive. As she enters the gathering space, a battle cry is heard from the darkness.

A hooded attacker springs towards her with unbelievable speed, wielding a steel dagger, instead of a crysknife. You are sure the visciousness of the attack will slay her where she stands, but Telle, also with an agility you would have thought unimaginable, nimbly ducks under the knife stroke, and drawing her own crysknife thrusts towards her attacker with enough force that her entire had would be able to pass through him.

But just as her curved blade reaches the point where it will intersect the chest of her opponent, he spins away in a blur. Both fighters have incredible strength and speed, and now, with surprise out of the way, they begin to circle each other, looking for an opportunity to attack.

Feints are met with counterfeints. Slashes are dodged and thrusts are parried in a furious battle that moves so quickly none of the rest of you believe you would have lasted 10 seconds in either of their places.

After a few moments of the most artful knife fight any has ever seen, Telle seems to be turning the tide in her favor. Her blade flashes towards the hooded man's midsection, slicing him open across his abdomen.

The fight is over. Telle advances towards her attacker, who still stands before her, sagging...watching his water leave his body, until, with the same speed and ferocity of the very first attack, he lunges forward as if completely unharmed. Telle is caught off guard and in such close proximity does not have time to react. The hilt of the dagger is all that is left for you to see...the full length of the blade has been driven straight into the front of Telle's skull.

In the moment of hesitation that you experience over a man with a seemingly mortal wound still being able to have that amount of strength and speed, he surprises you again by sprinting out of the room before hands can be laid upon him.

All you are left with is the amazement at the battle you have just seen, and Telle's dead body.

Telle has been killed, she was the Fedaykin.

it is now Day 3, votes are due by 10pm est.

i heard from schmidty...he pm'ed me...he had a horrible day, which i will leave to him to tell you of if he so chooses...i asked him to let me know by noon if he is in or not.

Last edited by saldana : 01-20-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #288
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, that's not good. Don't have time with the weather being bad to check this out thoroughly before I go to work.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #289
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'm getting a bad vibe off Raiders and he seems to try too hard to justify his votes. And so far he has had pretty weak reasons in my opinion. I don't have a clue on anyone else, I'll have to wait and see.
I'm not sure how I try too hard to justify my votes and have weak reasons at the same time.

I voted for you because you were the 13th person to sign up.

I switched my vote to MartinD because Danny's a Raider fan and to avoid a tie. (No more weak than anyone else's first day vote)

I voted for Telle because I had a bad feeling about her.

*shrug*
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #290
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way, I'm looking back, and I think it was actually a 4-4 tie last night.

Which doesn't affect anything (that I know of), because my Duke order was in case of tie as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM   #291
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nope, nevermind. Was 4-3.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #292
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

DAY 1
5 - MartinD - Autumn (62), Darth Vilus (86), Danny (110), Raiders Army (117), Packer Fanatic (123)
4 - Autumn - Passacaglia (120)

DAY 2
2 - Autumn - ntndeacon (157), Chief Rum (171)
4 - Passacagllia - PackerFanatic (161), cougarfreak (183)
1 - Raiders Army - Darth Vilus (163)
1 - Darth Vilus - Danny (182)
1 - Telle - Raiders Army (170)
3 - The Jackal - Passacaglia (254), Autumn (203)

I've removed the votes of confirmed villagers.

Two things stand out immediately.

1) Passa looks really, really bad. But does he look TOO bad?

2) I say we focus today on the group of...

Autumn (62), Darth Vilus (86), Danny (110), Raiders Army (117), Packer Fanatic (123).

The killers of Martin. There's 1, possibly 2 wolves in there, without a doubt.

Cross reference that with the day 2 votes, we come up with..
- Autumn offing a villager twice (though Autumn posted the first vote on Martin, which gives a little benefit of the doubt)
- RA offing two known villagers, with the day 1 vote doing well to solidify Martin's doom.
- DV as the rough 2nd vote on Martin, and a throwaway vote on RA.

As for Danny and PF, I'm not sure what to make of those two.

Autumn is not making me feel warm and fuzzy inside, nor are Danny/PF.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #293
cougarfreak
College Starter

Checking in early today on a snow day.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #294
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm worried about how accurate the wolves are being with their night kills.

I've got a rush project to finish and a killer headache so I'm not going to try to figure out my vote right now. I can see why I might be a decent vote. I may just go back to Pass, but that may just be the headache talking.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #295
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I might stick on Pass again tonight, just to see if my feelings are right on him, although Autumn is looking like a good option as well at this point.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #296
Autumn
Head Coach

PackerFan's comment strikes me as classic wolf move, setting up two villagers to be the votes knowing he doesn't care which way it goes. Which is also how he would have felt breaking the tie day 1. I'm going with my instinct again for now - that just rubbed me the wrong way.

VOTE PACKERFANATIC
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #297
saldana
Pro Starter

now playing the part of Schmidty will be Dubb93.

many thanks to Martin for volunteering to step back in but in the interest of fairness to someone that hasnt already given his water, Dubb will be taking over
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #298
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Saldana, getting caught up.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #299
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

See, Autumn, I don't know that you and Pass are both villagers though - I have a feeling one of you is not, hence why I want to go after one of you.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #300
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Mostly caught up. I've read everything, but not sure I fully processed everything. That said I think following CW is a pretty good place to start. He thinks we should look in the following group and I tend to agree.

Quote:
2) I say we focus today on the group of...

Autumn (62), Darth Vilus (86), Danny (110), Raiders Army (117), Packer Fanatic (123).

The killers of Martin. There's 1, possibly 2 wolves in there, without a doubt.

Cross reference that with the day 2 votes, we come up with..
- Autumn offing a villager twice (though Autumn posted the first vote on Martin, which gives a little benefit of the doubt)
- RA offing two known villagers, with the day 1 vote doing well to solidify Martin's doom.
- DV as the rough 2nd vote on Martin, and a throwaway vote on RA.

I would go further and say we focus on the last three of Autumn/RA/DV. With that said I will throw out an early vote.

Vote RA
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote