Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #251
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

UNVOTE DQ Boy 10something
VOTE CHUBBY

If the 50% odds are true, time to do some stacking early...
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #252
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

3 - murrayyyy
3 - Chubby
2 - britrock
1 - Zinto
1 - JAG
1 - Chief Rum
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #253
Autumn
Head Coach

The real rub comes in what sort of abilities various characters have. IF the Big Six have the most important villager abilities, then we're shooting ourselves in the foot by focusing on them. So that's probably the case.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #254
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I think the odds are probably just as good that we have the important villager abilities as the Big Six do. What do we feel is more important: a circle of trust or an important villager ability? I haven't been in too many games with conversions, but I know they can throw a big wrench in things.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #255
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

And that is not me trying to say that any villager ability, big or small, is not worth something. I just almost think that having an honest-to-goodness circle of people we know are clear and cannot be uncleared is of more importance.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #256
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I predict that this post will become very awkward within the next few days.

eewww, are you miss scarlet? the things you do when drunk. lets just pretend that never happened ok Autumn
Old 03-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #257
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coffee, do the murderers have standard wolf stuff - all know each other, all can communicate with each other via PM?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #258
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
eewww, are you miss scarlet? the things you do when drunk. lets just pretend that never happened ok Autumn

A whole new meaning to going over the ropes.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #259
path12
Coordinator

I guess what I'm not sure of is how the Big Six would find their targets -- if they get a search, or it is a special order or what.

Figuring out how the Big Six work into it is the main thing I'm trying to understand so far. Something about the idea of going after them sounds counter-intuitive and I'm not sure why.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #260
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
The real rub comes in what sort of abilities various characters have. IF the Big Six have the most important villager abilities, then we're shooting ourselves in the foot by focusing on them. So that's probably the case.

i suspect thats the case too. how can the 6 become murderers? i suspect they have important villager roles also. maybe the bodyguard, but if he guards a certain person he kills them and joins the wolves. a seer that can scan but if they scan the worng person the kill them and join the wolves. same with a duke.. as a matter o fact there are 6 potential, might have 2 of each of those roles. can anyone whos played more than me tell me of other regualar villager roles that might be in the game?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #261
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I guess what I'm not sure of is how the Big Six would find their targets -- if they get a search, or it is a special order or what.

Figuring out how the Big Six work into it is the main thing I'm trying to understand so far. Something about the idea of going after them sounds counter-intuitive and I'm not sure why.

Right, I wouldn't be shocked if they have option to become murderers once they locate their antagonist role. And achieve a personal victory in process. But that is 100% speculation ... still, trying to figure that out was part of why I asked the question about wolf mechanics for the game.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #262
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

I expect that every night the Big 6 "scan" one person looking for their informer. If they find them they kill them, or perhaps have to kill them the next night. Could be different, but that's what I would expect.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #263
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
i suspect thats the case too. how can the 6 become murderers? i suspect they have important villager roles also. maybe the bodyguard, but if he guards a certain person he kills them and joins the wolves. a seer that can scan but if they scan the worng person the kill them and join the wolves. same with a duke.. as a matter o fact there are 6 potential, might have 2 of each of those roles. can anyone whos played more than me tell me of other regualar villager roles that might be in the game?

Well, CW made a point of saying that most of the abilities won't be standard WW roles, so I'm not sure we'll be able to figure that part out.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #264
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, CW made a point of saying that most of the abilities won't be standard WW roles, so I'm not sure we'll be able to figure that part out.

yea, he did say everyone will have something special about them, there wont be any vanilla roles. i bet at least everyone will have a 1 time ability
Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #265
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Coffee, do the murderers have standard wolf stuff - all know each other, all can communicate with each other via PM?

Ayup.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #266
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
All that said, it does seem to be to our advantage to find the Big Six and eliminate them, as that seems to be a village strategy that has better odds of working out for us. Unless all of our best roles are with them (possible).

Quote:

Quote:

Restating the lines of thinking that I'm behind.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #267
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

heres my suspicions on the roles

the cop- hes a BG
the cook- can poison 1 person as a nigght action
Prof plum- seer
Scarlett- seer
Green- BG
Col Mustard- Duke
the Maid- seer

just an idea of some
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #268
hoopsguy
General Manager

So that answer seems to at least somewhat go against the idea that "Big 6" all get scans for players to kill. Well, if it is allowed then that would be creating a "join wolves" defection for each player, who would then be acting against the rest of us for the duration of the game.

While I'm sure the odds of the Big 6 all getting their targets and having that opportunity are pretty slim, it sure does seem to aggressively stack the deck against the villagers as the game progresses.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #269
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
heres my suspicions on the roles

the cop- hes a BG
the cook- can poison 1 person as a nigght action
Prof plum- seer
Scarlett- seer
Green- BG
Col Mustard- Duke
the Maid- seer

just an idea of some

few more

My boddy - cunning wolf
butler- BG
Mrs Peacock- ?
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #270
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
So that answer seems to at least somewhat go against the idea that "Big 6" all get scans for players to kill. Well, if it is allowed then that would be creating a "join wolves" defection for each player, who would then be acting against the rest of us for the duration of the game.

While I'm sure the odds of the Big 6 all getting their targets and having that opportunity are pretty slim, it sure does seem to aggressively stack the deck against the villagers as the game progresses.

This is why I think we have 2-4 murderers to start. The odds are on a couple of conversions occurring over the course of the game, bringing the maximum number of murderers to the 4-6 spot that seems appropriate for a 22-person game.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #271
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, I'm guessing we're going to be getting some unconventional roles. Both because CW told us that already at the start of the game and because I can suggest that my abilities don't neatly align with a standard WW mechanic.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #272
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Bullet, I'm guessing we're going to be getting some unconventional roles. Both because CW told us that already at the start of the game and because I can suggest that my abilities don't neatly align with a standard WW mechanic.

i would tend to agree with that...having 3 of the big 6 have some sort of seer role is a bit much i think

also, since i dont really care about anyone else in this game until he is dead

vote autumn
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #273
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i just realized something. in the game and movie there are murder weapons, but theres no mention of them by CW. maybe certain people start with them, or they have to be found for them to be used. maybe they can be used as clues once they are used. it might be fitting in this game
Old 03-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #274
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I won't be voting for murrayyyyy - will be my first game playing with him, and after rave reviews last game I don't want to see him clipped on Day 1.

Probably also true for someone playing their first game. I'll spend some time going over the list of eligible candidates now and come up with some really marginal Day 1 reason to cast a vote on one of them.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #275
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with I think it was Hoopsguy's assessment that knocking off hte Big Six is our best strategy to start.

It was me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #276
hoopsguy
General Manager

Couple of newcomers on list, couple of people who I tend to vote for early a little too often, hmm, not too many names to choose from. Eeny, meeny, miney ... mo!

Good to have you playing again, path12. Welcome back

VOTE PATH12
Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #277
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
It was me.

You can have it
Old 03-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #278
path12
Coordinator

Hoops, I'm oddly honored.

VOTE BRITROCK

Just to get a vote in, more a placeholder than anything else.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #279
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i would tend to agree with that...having 3 of the big 6 have some sort of seer role is a bit much i think

also, since i dont really care about anyone else in this game until he is dead

vote autumn

Autumn isn't at the house yet, so he can't be voted for.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #280
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I expect that every night the Big 6 "scan" one person looking for their informer. If they find them they kill them, or perhaps have to kill them the next night. Could be different, but that's what I would expect.

The way CW has warned about the potential for a bloodbath makes me think that there isn't an option for the Big Six to kill their informer or not, it would just happen. Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a lot of motivation to kill anyone except if you just really want to be a wolf this game.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #281
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Autumn isn't at the house yet, so he can't be voted for.

DAMNIT!!!!!!

unvote autumn
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #282
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Some thoughts:

Hmm, I like the idea by (Autumn?) suggesting that the Big Six are here to kill one person, their specific Informant, and have the means to find them by scan or something like that. That would make sense.

bullet mentioned the weapons that are not "in" the game, at least not discussed in the ruleset. But they integral to the movie. I am going to guess those weapons are in one of two places, 1) each of the Big Six has one, or 2) Mr. Boddy has all of them (his role description suggests he has six ways to kill or something like that).

Mr. Green-- he doesn't have an Informant to match. But it seems likely he has a similar chance of becoming a murderer as the other Big Six do. So that must mean he has a target. I'm going to guess it is either Mr. Boddy or the butler, as the only other non-Informant, non-Big Six roles that started in the house. I am leaning to Mr. Boddy, blackmailing Mr. Green about his homosexuality.

Like hoops, I will also confirm that my "role" has some similarity to a role I have seen in WW in the past, but is not an exact fit.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #283
DQ_BOY1000
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
You don't have to proof read, I may have been a little intoxicated when I read that, so I wasn't a hundred percent sure I had read your post correctly.

I might have been slightly impaired when I wrote it...
DQ_BOY1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #284
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
i just realized something. in the game and movie there are murder weapons, but theres no mention of them by CW. maybe certain people start with them, or they have to be found for them to be used. maybe they can be used as clues once they are used. it might be fitting in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Mr Boddy
Oh yeah. He's here, he's blackmailing you, and he has in his possession six lethal weapons.

The weapons are in the game.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #285
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
The weapons are in the game.

cool. once again reading the rules is proving to be my arch nemesis *shakes fist at screen*
Old 03-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #286
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

3 - murrayyyy
3 - Chubby
3 - britrock
1 - Zinto
1 - JAG
1 - Chief Rum
1 - path12
Old 03-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #287
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

vote totals with who voted when?

I think there's a soothsayer role (sadly, not mine) with the amount of roles in this game.

Since i have nothing to hide I'll gladly state that I am not a member of the Big 6 and am not a murderer.

Still deciding who to vote for...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #288
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

AS OF POST #286:

britrock88 (3) -- JAG (132), PackerFanatic (194), path12 (278)
Zinto (1) -- mauchow (141)
murrayyyyy (3)-- ntndeacon (150), Lathum (204), DQ_BOY1000 (231)
JAG (1) -- britrock88 (152)
Chief Rum (1) -- bulletsponge (216)
Chubby (3) -- Danny (238), Autumn (248), murrayyyyy (251)
path12 (1) -- hoopsguy (276)

Day One Vote History

JAG votes britrock (132)-- britrock 1
Danny votes hoopsguy (137)-- hoopsguy 1
mauchow votes Zinto (141)-- Zinto 1
ntndeacon votes murrayyyyy (150)-- murrayyyyy 1
britrock88 votes JAG (152)-- JAG 1
Danny unvotes hoopsguy (154)-- hoopsguy 0
PackerFanatic votes britrock88 (194)-- britrock88 2
bulletsponge votes britrock88 (203)-- britrock88 3
Lathum votes murrayyyyy (204)-- murrayyyyy 2
murrayyyyy votes DQ_BOY1000 (210)-- DQ_BOY1000 1
bulletsponge unvotes britrock88 (216)-- britrock88 2
bulletsponge votes Chief Rum (216)-- Chief Rum 1
Danny votes hoopsguy (226)-- hoopsguy 1
Danny unvotes hoopsguy (229)-- hoopsguy 0
DQ_BOY1000 votes murrayyyyy (231)-- murrayyyyy 3
Danny votes Chubby (238)-- Chubby 1
Autumn vors Chubby (248)-- Chubby 2
murrayyyyy unvotes DQ_BOY1000 (251)-- DQ_BOY1000 0
murrayyyyy votes Chubby (251)-- Chubby 3
saldana votes Autumn Not Eligible (272)-- No Vote
hoopsguy votes path12 (276)-- path12 1
path12 votes britrock88 (278)-- britrock88 3
saldana unvotes Autumn Not Eligible (281)-- No Vote

Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #289
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
DAMNIT!!!!!!

unvote autumn

Serves you right.

Looks like I might as well start writing my epitaph now.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #290
Autumn
Head Coach

FWIW, I doubt we get much of a useful vote history D1. I would guess there's only 2-3 murderers right now, and some of them might be out of house, so there's very little need or ability to vote to protect each other.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #291
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

lol look at the nice run on me to get up to 3. let's see how he reacts to pressure...

vote murrayyyyy
Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #292
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Not really sure where to go on Day 1. What a surprise lol

Vote Britrock88

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #293
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
It was me.

I am pretty sure it was hoops.

And thing that was a good line of thinking, well done Hoops.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #294
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
FWIW, I doubt we get much of a useful vote history D1. I would guess there's only 2-3 murderers right now, and some of them might be out of house, so there's very little need or ability to vote to protect each other.

YOU HAVE MY SWORD!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am pretty sure it was hoops.

And thing that was a good line of thinking, well done Hoops.

Don't you have some cheese to go finish?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #296
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

whats a soothsayers role do?
Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #297
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

check to see if a person's statement is truthful
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #298
Danny
Head Coach

Gets to question the truthfullness of another players statement by getting a yes or no answer from the GM. For example.

I am not a murderer.

You could then examine the statement and the GM will give you a yes or no response of whether that is true. Though some games do block out direct wolf / not wolf statements like that.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The soothsayer can submit a post or a remark within a post and ask the GM whether that remark/post is true.

So let's say you say "I am not bulletsponge" and a soothsayer submits that remark to the GM, he will get a false read (will be told you are lying).

There are usually limitations put in, like you can't use it on a "I am not a wolf" post, or something like that.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #300
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

can tell if a statement from another player is truthful or not...thats why chubby said he isnt a big 6 or a murderer.

i honestly dont ever bother with making statements like that because the first time the role was used in one of our games (i think it was one of the spawns) people went crazy posting "I am not a spawn", and it caused all kinds of confusion because while there were different varieties of spawn.

now, it is typically built into the role description that statements like "i am not a wolf" or "i am a villager" cant be scanned by the soothsayer.