Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #151
PilotMan
Head Coach

The more I read about this the more it sounds like a pilot action, or someone who took the cockpit who knew enough about the plane, like MS flight sim, knowledge to fly it before you crash it.

Quote:
SEPANG, Malaysia — Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 experienced significant changes in altitude after it lost contact with ground control, and altered its course more than once as if still under the command of a pilot, American officials and others familiar with the investigation said Friday.

Radar signals recorded by the Malaysian military appear to show the missing airliner climbing to 45,000 feet, above the approved altitude limit for a Boeing 777-200, soon after it disappeared from civilian radar and made a sharp turn to the west, according to a preliminary assessment by a person familiar with the data.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #152
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Occam's Razor - it's in the ocean somewhere.

My guess is hijacking gone wrong or Pilot suicide. In the ocean. Feds scouring passengers and air crew for suspects or motive.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It was the Final Countdown.

Yup. Quality 80's flick.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:11 PM   #154
mckerney
Coordinator

Malaysian: Investigators conclude flight hijacked - Asia news - Boston.com

Quote:
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — A Malaysian government official says investigators have concluded that one of the pilots or someone else with flying experience hijacked the missing Malaysia Airlines jet.

The official, who is involved in the investigation, says no motive has been established, and it is not yet clear where the plane was taken. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief the media.

The official said that hijacking was no longer a theory. ‘‘It is conclusive.’’

Last edited by mckerney : 03-14-2014 at 11:42 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #155
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Maybe hijacked by one of the guys on false passports who was looking for political asylum?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #156
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's interesting that this is being floated with no more information being released than what we already knew. The US was the first to postulate this theory that the plane went over the Indian Ocean, the first to let information be passed about the equipment on the plane. Mind you, that information came from Boeing, which was pressed by the US for the information.

I find it curious that now, all of a sudden, after discounting some of this information for the last couple of days, that now they are wholesale going with it, and saying that the information is conclusive.

It's totally in agreement with what I've been saying all along. I just want to know what else they have that makes it totally conclusive. Because nothing that I've read confirms anything.

Like Steam?

Old 03-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #157
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ok, so what I want to know is, why in the world are pilots or anyone for the matter, allowed to turn off the transponders? Seems like that is something that should always be on and unable to be tampered with.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #158
PilotMan
Head Coach

They have to be turned on and off manually. Pilots have to put the unique code in from ATC for them to track the plane correctly. The only time the transponders are on are when the aircraft is moving, from push back to parking. It's just not practical for them to be on all the time. But to answer you, they are required for us, but it's a piece of equipment that is powered that we have to be able to manage in the event of an emergency. I mean it's not like we don't have enough stuff to play with up there. Turning off the transponder is pretty minimal.

Like Steam?

Old 03-15-2014, 12:15 AM   #159
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Anyone else like having a Pilot on this board!

Between EF27, Dr. Sak, Pilot and several others on this board I love this shit we hear about different industries and careers.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #160
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
They have to be turned on and off manually. Pilots have to put the unique code in from ATC for them to track the plane correctly. The only time the transponders are on are when the aircraft is moving, from push back to parking. It's just not practical for them to be on all the time. But to answer you, they are required for us, but it's a piece of equipment that is powered that we have to be able to manage in the event of an emergency. I mean it's not like we don't have enough stuff to play with up there. Turning off the transponder is pretty minimal.

That makes sense, I can definitely see not having it on if the aircraft isn't going anywhere or is being serviced, etc... So is there a possibility that in case of an emergency, the transponder could cause additional problems to the electrical system and that's why a pilot needs to be able to shut it off during flight? It just seems (to me) that would be one thing you wouldn't want anyone to be able to tamper with, especially in the rare cases like Flight 370. I'm sure it would add more costs if it was its own autonomous system though.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 03-15-2014, 12:50 AM   #161
PilotMan
Head Coach

Honestly JK, not really. I mean when they quit they usually just quit working and don't cause problems. Typically anything powered has the potential for a fire. That's all I was getting at.

The only time they get switched off is changing transponder codes so ATC doesn't accidently have 2 on the same code, and that's just while you are switching. It goes right back on with the new code. Or there are a couple airports when you are landing side by side where you are instructed (by the company) to downgrade the collision avoidance provided you have sufficient visuals on the other plane to avoid having to do a go around due to the Traffic Collision Avoidance System, which is closely integrated with the transponder.

As with anything there are rules regarding everything. Transponders aren't required in large chunks of airspace. They are in any controlled airspace or on an instrument flight plan like all commercial airliners are. But you could take your Cessna up from your farm in North Dakota and fly all over the place never making a radio call and never turning the transponder on and you'd be legal, maybe not smart, but legal.

Keep in mind that if it's automated that it's another thing that could potentially break. Airplanes are more reliable with people being able to manage certain things. If something like that "could" break it inevitably would and that's just one more thing to cost money and delays down the road. It's much easier for a person to simply turn it on and manage it.

Like Steam?

Old 03-15-2014, 10:16 AM   #162
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Anyone else like having a Pilot on this board!

Between EF27, Dr. Sak, Pilot and several others on this board I love this shit we hear about different industries and careers.

Don't forget lungs

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #163
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Don't forget lungs

SI

He was one of the names I couldn't think of when I made that post, hence the several others.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #164
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Honestly JK, not really. I mean when they quit they usually just quit working and don't cause problems. Typically anything powered has the potential for a fire. That's all I was getting at.

The only time they get switched off is changing transponder codes so ATC doesn't accidently have 2 on the same code, and that's just while you are switching. It goes right back on with the new code. Or there are a couple airports when you are landing side by side where you are instructed (by the company) to downgrade the collision avoidance provided you have sufficient visuals on the other plane to avoid having to do a go around due to the Traffic Collision Avoidance System, which is closely integrated with the transponder.

As with anything there are rules regarding everything. Transponders aren't required in large chunks of airspace. They are in any controlled airspace or on an instrument flight plan like all commercial airliners are. But you could take your Cessna up from your farm in North Dakota and fly all over the place never making a radio call and never turning the transponder on and you'd be legal, maybe not smart, but legal.

Keep in mind that if it's automated that it's another thing that could potentially break. Airplanes are more reliable with people being able to manage certain things. If something like that "could" break it inevitably would and that's just one more thing to cost money and delays down the road. It's much easier for a person to simply turn it on and manage it.

Thank you sir! Yes, that's what I was trying to say, I was just stuck on the electrical system for some reason and didn't quite know how to say it.

That's very interesting, I always thought aircraft had their own unique code and didn't know that it was changed depending on certain things. I can see where some not so nice people with the knowledge could use this to their advantage.

Indeed, like a lot of things, if it can break, it will and it will cost money and time even if it was on its own system. Thanks again PilotMan, always nice to learn something new!

Old 03-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #165
Ryan S
Quarterback

Speaking as someone who has traveled on 777s fairly regularly, I am glad that this incident appears to have been the result of deliberate action rather than a catastrophic failure. An unexplained accident for one of the safest planes in the sky would not have been good news.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #166
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Boeing 777-300

Ok..this is wrong but made me laugh
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #167
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

In related news, Inmarsat released an announcement that one of their satellites had picked up some of the "routine signals" from the flight. Seems weird for this to post this as a release.

Inmarsat statement on Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 - Inmarsat

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:38 AM   #168
Desnudo
Coordinator

Flight 370 disappearance: Why I think the missing airliner could be in Central Asia.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #169
Qrusher14242
High School JV

I heard the 'pings' they got from the plane could of been from on the ground. So they could of landed before that last one at 8am. I don't know where or why though.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #170
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Boeing 777-300

Ok..this is wrong but made me laugh

I got a chuckle in too
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:01 PM   #171
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

"And then the plane went 'Swoosh' through the air."

Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #172
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
"And then the plane went 'Swoosh' through the air."

I'd say the press is embarrassing itself. But what does it matter? Most Americans are too stupid to realize it.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #173
Zinto
College Starter

Courtney Love thinks she's found Malaysia Airlines flight 370

Don't worry Courtney Love is scanning satellite images for us.

Last edited by Zinto : 03-17-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:18 PM   #174
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At least nobody on this forum has suggested that the plane simply flew into space and everyone died.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #175
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is a pretty good one.

Russia “Puzzled” Over Malaysia Airlines #MH370 “Capture” By US Navy #prayformh370 | .::Pisau.Net::.

Quote:
A new report circulating in the Kremlin today prepared by the Main Intelligence Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (GRU) states that Aerospace Defence Forces (VKO) experts remain puzzled as to why the United States Navy captured and then diverted a Malaysia Airlines civilian aircraft from its intended flight-path to their vast and highly-secretive Indian Ocean base located on the Diego Garcia atoll.

Like Steam?

Old 03-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #176
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Because we CAN.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #177
JediKooter
Coordinator

Silly Soviets. When will they learn?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #178
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I'd say the press is embarrassing itself. But what does it matter? Most Americans are too stupid to realize it.

Cut them some slack, it's really hard to report on things that happen outside of America
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #179
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

I think it's more impressive that someone found Courtney Love.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #180
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

You forgot this one
Old 03-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #181
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post

You could probably hide one in her crotch.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #182
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

This has been making rounds on Facebook. Plausible?

A Startlingly Simple Theory About the Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet | Autopia | Wired.com
Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #183
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
You could probably hide one in her crotch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
This has been making rounds on Facebook. Plausible?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #184
PilotMan
Head Coach

Much more plausible than a lot of the other crap that has been postulated.

Like Steam?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #185
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I read that, but to me, if they were incapacitated, then why did the plane continue to follow waypoints? If the plane was flying without anyone at the controls, then it doesn't seem likely that random changes in course would follow the waypoints, as the radar seems to suggest. And if the crew were fighting a fire, it doesn't seem likely that they would be reprogramming the flight control system with a series of waypoints far from their planned route.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #186
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:

An interesting hypothesis.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I read that, but to me, if they were incapacitated, then why did the plane continue to follow waypoints? If the plane was flying without anyone at the controls, then it doesn't seem likely that random changes in course would follow the waypoints, as the radar seems to suggest. And if the crew were fighting a fire, it doesn't seem likely that they would be reprogramming the flight control system with a series of waypoints far from their planned route.

Yeah, I read the theory and then I read the waypoints were entered in. I don't see how a fire would explain taking the time to put in multiple way points.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #188
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't think that they know how many waypoints were loaded in and I don't know enough about the waypoints in that area to know where exactly they were pointed.

You have to put a waypoint into the FMS in order for the autopilot to fly there. In the case of an emergency one of the first things that would happen would be point the plane somewhere safer and go there.

The thing that I also think that people are missing is that the "north" and "south" tracks look like flight paths but they aren't. It simply a non directional point where the plane was a 8a when they got the last ping.

What route it took to get there is irrelevant. All we know is where it was last time it pinged in Malaysia and where it may have pinged a few hours later. Who knows what happened in the middle.

It's certainly possible that the plane just flew along a route far off into the Indian Ocean after the crew was incapacitated. If the autopilot runs out of waypoints to follow it will just continue on that same heading forever.

Like Steam?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #189
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hey PM - I have a random question for you.

I have a friend who I was talking to this weekend. She was curious (and has no social filter, so apologies for the nature of the question).

All other things being equal (weather conditions, assuming you weren't in the middle of the ocean but would be rescued right away, no landing gear, etc.), would it be easier to make a "non-powered descent"/attempt a controlled-crash onto water or land?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-18-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Makes a hell of a lot of sense to me.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #191
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Hey PM - I have a random question for you.

I have a friend who I was talking to this weekend. She was curious (and has no social filter, so apologies for the nature of the question).

All other things being equal (weather conditions, assuming you weren't in the middle of the ocean but would be rescued right away, no landing gear, etc.), would it be easier to make a "non-powered descent"/attempt a controlled-crash onto water or land?

For me, it would be both terrain- and weather-dependent. I'd much rather try to dead-stick something into water than over mountains in fog or in a dense forest. At the same time, even in high winds I'd much rather come down in the middle of a relatively flat cornfield with the landing gear extended than deal with wind-driven waves and risk catching a wing on a water landing. But then again I don't have nearly the experience of PilotMan, so his answer may very well be different.

Last edited by Blackadar : 03-18-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:19 PM   #192
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

If that is really what went down, wow. I wonder how long the passengers had to deal with their inevitable death before it finally came.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:52 PM   #193
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
For me, it would be both terrain- and weather-dependent. I'd much rather try to dead-stick something into water than over mountains in fog or in a dense forest. At the same time, even in high winds I'd much rather come down in the middle of a relatively flat cornfield with the landing gear extended than deal with wind-driven waves and risk catching a wing on a water landing. But then again I don't have nearly the experience of PilotMan, so his answer may very well be different.

Yeah. My friend is a little bit...well..."odd" is being kind, but I told her I'd ask.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #194
PilotMan
Head Coach

So if I'm correct then you are asking which is easier? To make a landing on land or water all other things being equal?

Ok, the best place for me to land is where I can control the decent and the touchdown the best. In the case of Sully where he had the option to return to LGA, go to TEB or take the river, he chose the river. He didn't think he could make LGA, had never been to TEB and didn't know exactly where it was, and knew that there were tons of things to hit everywhere and that he was going down.

He looked at the river and was able to rectify all the options into "the river looks like my best option."

Like Blackadar said, I'd rather have a big field than try and put it in the water. If Sully had a different airplane the results might have been very different. Those big engines under the wing really worked to stabilize the plane once it hit the water. A plane with the engines at the back would most certainly caught a wing tip and started spinning. That would have been a much uglier landing. But put that same situation on a land and it would have been just reversed. With Sully's Airbus having a more challenging landing (belly landing) on land than the other plane.

Blackadar had a nice answer, I guess mine is pretty much the same. There are always different things to consider that have to be decided in a split second. That's why pilots are constantly thinking of where they will go if the shit hits the fan. That goes for all pilots from private pilots all the way up to ATP-rated pilots like I am.

Sorry this got so long winded.

Like Steam?

Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #195
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So if I'm correct then you are asking which is easier? To make a landing on land or water all other things being equal?

Ok, the best place for me to land is where I can control the decent and the touchdown the best. In the case of Sully where he had the option to return to LGA, go to TEB or take the river, he chose the river. He didn't think he could make LGA, had never been to TEB and didn't know exactly where it was, and knew that there were tons of things to hit everywhere and that he was going down.

He looked at the river and was able to rectify all the options into "the river looks like my best option."

Like Blackadar said, I'd rather have a big field than try and put it in the water. If Sully had a different airplane the results might have been very different. Those big engines under the wing really worked to stabilize the plane once it hit the water. A plane with the engines at the back would most certainly caught a wing tip and started spinning. That would have been a much uglier landing. But put that same situation on a land and it would have been just reversed. With Sully's Airbus having a more challenging landing (belly landing) on land than the other plane.

Blackadar had a nice answer, I guess mine is pretty much the same. There are always different things to consider that have to be decided in a split second. That's why pilots are constantly thinking of where they will go if the shit hits the fan. That goes for all pilots from private pilots all the way up to ATP-rated pilots like I am.

Sorry this got so long winded.

Well played. Makes sense to me. Thanks!!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #196
dzilla77
High School Varsity

If the pilots pointed the aircraft at that airport, became incapacitated and the plane flew itself into the ocean when it ran out of fuel, would that airport have picked it up on radar?

The problem with this whole situation is that with such few facts, almost anything is plausible.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #197
Edward64
Head Coach

If the pilots had time to change flight, wouldn't they have declared an emergency?
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #198
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzilla77 View Post
If the pilots pointed the aircraft at that airport, became incapacitated and the plane flew itself into the ocean when it ran out of fuel, would that airport have picked it up on radar?

The problem with this whole situation is that with such few facts, almost anything is plausible.

You're right. there are no real answers. I'm not saying that this theory is worth spending time on, but it is at least more plausible than governments with the power to vaporize a 777 or aliens. The radar at the at airport might not be able to find planes outside its airspace, which may only be 10 miles. Or it may not have any radar. Many airports do not. I have no idea about this one. The controller would have had some coverage, but when they switched off the transponder they were between stations. They had left one controller and hadn't showed up on the next one yet. That makes the timing of it all really suspect and points to the pilots. They pilots would have had and had access to charts that would have shown them the approximate areas of radar and airspace ownership in the area. That's another reason to suspect the pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
If the pilots had time to change flight, wouldn't they have declared an emergency?

Generally yes, but I can make an argument that something big and serious would make that not the case. For one it's the middle of the night. At altitude it's nearly pitch black and there are no visual references. You have moving map with points and that's where you start.

Now you have an emergency that spirals out of control rather quickly. It's not hard to get task saturated in the cockpit if there are a lot of things going on. It's not hard to become so involved running checklists and trying to communicate with the other pilot or even the cabin that you stop everything else. In aviation we have a phrase that you hear from the earliest training. It's "aviate, navigate, communicate." It means fly the plane first and foremost, maintain control. Next, get somewhere. Know where you are, where you are going and where you want to go. Last tell someone.

If you can't do #1 and #2 you'll never get to #3.

Now how does it look with the current crew? The Captain was massively experienced. This was his career and from what we know he was an aviation enthusiast. Chances are, depending on how much time he had in the plane, that there wouldn't have been much that would have gotten him excited and that he could have managed pretty much anything.

The FO was very green by aviation standards. His flight time would be considered pretty low, and pretty low for this type of plane among US pilots. My guess is that he probably had only been a commercial pilot for about 4 years. Plus his age, being young, makes it possible that he is more emotional, impetuous and more of an unknown.

I think that the weirdness that surrounds this is more likely to point to the FO than to the Captain. Time will tell I guess. I do think that a theory of the FO incapacitating the Captain and then taking control of the plane is plausible. I haven't heard anything in the reports that makes me think that 1 pilot with his experience (assuming at least 2-3 years) in the plane, couldn't pull it off.

But that's all we have right now. Lot's of plausible theories and no real answers or really any other facts to go off of. I have a friend who flies out in that area and he thinks it crashed in the jungle somewhere. The jungle is thick enough to conceal it and seriously underpopulated. Personally I still think it's out in the middle of the Indian Ocean somewhere. With currents and time I don't even know how much would be left to find.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-18-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #199
PilotMan
Head Coach

dola

Here is an interesting read about some things that are at play here that you may or may not be aware of. Pointing the finger at the airline and the country itself as to why we don't know more about this than we do.

Malaysia Flight 370: What Didnt Happen. | JetHead's Blog

And actually in regard to the cruise industry. The US used to have a shipping and cruise industry but the government allowed companies to register ships in foreign countries and continue to operate here. That undermined the safety programs and the US businesses that had previously operated.

Well you may have heard about a small company called Norwegian Air that is trying to do just that in the US recently. Basically this company is a new offshoot that is going to use US loopholes to get financing and tax breaks to lease 787's from Boeing. They are going to operate the planes out of Ireland to the US. Ireland has literally no aviation regulation compared to the US. Then the company is going to contract out the pilots to a company that hires out of Malaysia. They would do this at a fraction of the cost of current airlines but bypass our whole aviation setup and create a very unfair and uneven playing field for the current legacy carriers in the US. We are trying to fight this "Franken-airline" from being allowed to operate, but it's an uphill climb.

You can help by supporting this petition and send a message to our lawmakers that such a thing puts not only the passengers of the US at risk but also the livelihood of one of the most important industries as well.

#denyNAI | Tell Obama to deny Norwegian Air Shuttle's application to fly into the US

Like Steam?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #200
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
How would they be much different than Aer Lingus, which is another low cost long haul airline based out of Ireland? If they get FAR 129 designation, would also they then have to adhere to FAR 121 regs?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote