Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2017, 07:24 PM   #101
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Barring a late-comer to the voting, we are looking at Army Organization for sure on one point, and Logistics has a small edge for the second one. I also just updated the Weapon Reference information in the OP again. The following are new weapons we have enough of to consider using:

** Farmer(Infantry) -- We still can't produce these but captured enough to outfit a brigade or two.
** Springfield M1855(Infantry) -- This isn't new, but we only had access to a few hundred of them before. Now that number approaches 5k, and they are better in general than our current Springfields, in particular much more accurate due to the use of minie-balls. They also cost almost 3x as much, so there is that.
** Harpers Ferry M1855(Infantry) -- Generally similar to the newer Springfields and also now available by the thousands.
** Sharps(Skirmishers) -- Expensive, but we've got a little over 300 of these now so a true sharpshooter unit would be feasible ... if we can spring the cash.

We have access to somewhat higher quantities of artillery now, but none that really make a huge difference. If someone really wanted to make an impression, they might notice the 24-pdr Howitzers have more than doubled their availability though.

Is that directed at me?!?

I'd go for Logistics
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:35 PM   #102
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Heh. Nah, not directed at anyone. Just saying they are really big, really powerful, and also really expensive.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:14 PM   #103
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Army Organization and Logistics are the winners, and entered.

Army-Level Choices

1. Emphasis -- We've stuck with Balanced so far, but can choose to switch our resources focus to Weapons, Recruits, or Veterans.

2. Reputation Investment -- Up to 38 now, and I think the game is confused as to what that means. "Your fame is growing and the soldiers under your command have increased morale." Cool, but then later it says under the specific impact that there is "No morale effect". Which is it? Darned if I know. Go drunk game, you're home.

We do have a lot more options now.

** $75k cash(18 Rep). A big hit, but a straight-up funding boost here.
** 4k recruits(18 Rep). This would not seem to be wise given that we haven't been able to outfit all of our recruits once yet. Men aren't the problem, at least the way we are going about this.
** 2k Springfield M1855(7 Rep). A more reasonable price, and one way to improve our weaponry without a financial cost.
** 4 24pdr Howitzer(6 Rep). A few big guns.
** BG Irwin McDowell(4 Rep). Guy who was in charge of Bull Run. That's interesting.
** BG William Sherman(4 Rep). Was also there in a supporting role like us.

Do we choose any of these, or conserve our reputation? In terms of the generals, it's worth mentioning that we will need one for the new II Corps. If we choose not to purchase one here, that will be Heintzelman, at a cost of 5k in currency.

3. Weapon Sales

Here's what the Armory presently has available, should we choose to go for the cash:

** Farmer(2,582 @ $4 each)
** Re-bored Farmer(299 @ $5 each)
** Springfield M1842(3,138 @ $5 each)
** Lorenz(311 @ $11 each)
** Springfield M1855(100 @ $15 each)
** Hunter(74 @ $10 each)
** Sharps Model 1855(111 @ $17 each)
** Smith(38 @ $26 each)
** Cook & Brother(149 @ $9 each)
** Palmetto M1842(1 @ $15 each)
** 6pdr Field(5 @ $435 each)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #104
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

2000 M1855's would be really nice. We could outfit a full regiment with those.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-22-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #105
tarcone
Coordinator

I would like to see our emphasis changed to veterans.

And I like the idea of buying the 2000 M1855s.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #106
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Command Briefings

Army Structure

Putting this at the beginning so everything is clear.

I Corps(James Stewart)
***Wagner
------ ??(Infantry)
------ Walton(Infantry)
------ Scales(Artillery)
------ ??(Skirmishers)
*** Durrell
------ ??(Infantry)
------ Duryee(Infantry)
------ Preston(Cavalry)
------ Seymour(Artillery)
** Loomis(new division)
II Corps(new corps)

Lots of question marks but we do have an established nucleus now.

Wagner's Division

Col. Luis Wagner got a modest boost, up to just over halfway to the next rank.

Alter Ego: BYU 14

Any adjustments in terms of outfitting specific weapons or preferred brigade types(one could easily be transferred elsewhere if you'd like something else) would be indicated here.

Durrell's Division

Col. Rafael Durrell saw a similar modest increase, now around 40% to his next promotion.

Alter Ego: ntndeacon

You've now got what you initially asked for; two infantry brigades with Lorenz weapons, and cavalry with Smith, along with the artillery of course. At this point it's just a question of if you want anything changed.

Loomis's Division

Col. Adam Loomis has been promoted after 1st Bull Run, and given the 3rd Division in I Corps. He is 13% on his promotion path.

Alter Ego: chesapeake

Big choices for your career now. Almost certainly you are going to get greenhorns in here. You'll need at least two infantry brigades, but you may choose the other two out of all four types. You can also choose their weapons, or you can leave it up to me. You've moved up from the junior commander ranks to join the elite of the Army now. Fashion your brigade as you see fit, Colonel. Your promotion has already saved better than $3k over what a new Colonel would have cost(the difference between that and a brigade CO).

Loomis's Brigade

Obviously Loomis isn't still the commander of this. I don't have a name for that person yet.

Alter Ego: Coffee Warlord.

Men: 968
Experience: *, 51% to **(+28%)
Perks: Endurance Course(+10 Stamina, +5 Efficiency, +10% Speed)

Efficiency: 36
Morale: 46
Stamina: 50
Firearms: 43
Melee: 18

Weapon: Springfield M1842

While Walton's men are a little more skilled, this is the best infantry brigade around in terms of their fighting spirit; morale and esp. stamina are tops. A good place to hopefully not die. Hopefully. We have more weapon options now that you may or may not wish to consider. Veterans cost a little under $25 each here. Maxing out with rookies would give you 534 of those, lowering experience to 21%, and ratings to 29/33/39/32/16.

Walton's Brigade

Lt. Col. Kelly Walton was injured at Distress Call, and did not take place in the first major battle of the war at 1st Bull Run. Accordingly, he remains at only around 40% on his promotion. Kemper is officially relieved here, though he will certainly have a more permanent command elsewhere as he proved capable in tough conditions.

Alter Ego: tarcone

Men: 1,106
Experience: *, 46% to **(-22% due to the rookies that were added, they gained a fair bit during the battle)
Perks: Endurance Course(same as above)

Efficiency: 40
Morale: 45
Stamina: 46
Firearms: 48
Melee: 22

Weapon: Springfield M1842

This is the most skilled infantry brigade under Stewart's command in both overall efficiency and their shooting accuracy(firearms). Physical attributes are just below the previous unit though. Veterans cost just over $26 each. Taking on all rookies(394) would reduce experience to 22% and result in ratings of 34/36/39/38/19.

Scales' Brigade

Lt. Col. Wade Scales is up to 80%, and is expected to be promoted to full Colonel soon if he continues to perform to expectations.

Alter Ego: Qwikshot

Men: 374(15 guns)
Experience: *, 35% to **(+16%)
Perks: Physical Training(+10 Stamina, +5 Efficiency)

Efficiency: 30
Morale: 45
Stamina: 43
Firearms: 43
Melee: 14

Weapon: 10pdr Ordnance

Scales continues to have the best long-range guns in our arsenal, though many things will change with the coming investment. Veteran crews are $3182 each; $1710, the cost of the weapon, for rookies. No amount of rookie crews would dip this brigade down below * status. Adding 9 rookies would drop them down to 8%, and put them at 19/31/34/31/13 for ratings.

Preston's Brigade

Lt. Col. Steve Preston was promoted after 1st Bull Run, where he lost about two-thirds of his men, many late in the battle. Currently he's at 16% to the next rank.

Alter Ego: collegesportsfanms

Men: 40
Experience: None, 79% to *(new)
Perks: None

Efficiency: 11
Morale: 29
Stamina: 16
Firearms: 18
Melee: 11

Weapon: Smith

Interestingly, our lone cavalry unit here seems to have improved as much if not more in terms of morale than in all other aspects combined. Veterans cost just over $24, rookies $10(price of the horse there). This price is for the first 38 only; after that we'll need to buy the weapons, increasing the cost to $76 and $62 respectively. Maxing out with rookies(710 more) would only reduce experience slightly, to 58%, but ratings would dip to 6/11/10/11/11.

Seymour's Brigade

Capt. Walter Seymour continues to progress and I would be shocked if he did not reach Major after his next engagement. 96% of the way there right now.

Alter Ego: DavidCorperial

Men: 296(12 guns)
Experience: *, 30% to **(+10%)
Perks: Logistics(+50% ammo, +5 Efficiency)

Efficiency: 27
Morale: 50
Stamina: 40
Firearms: 48
Melee: 17

Weapon: 6pdr Field

Most of the improvements here came from morale, though the crews here also gained significantly in accuracy. Another 5 captured rebel pieces gives them a chance to expand the numbers at limited cost for our top(i.e., only) defensive artillery unit. $1794 each for veteran crews, nothing for rookies for those first 5. $435 added to each price after that. Up to 6 rookie crews could be added without losing experience. Down to 2% at that point, ratings at 12/37/30/36/15. Additional veterans at that point would be $1579, down from $2229 now if you factor in the weapon price.

All Commanders are now on the clock. Seems sensible to aim for Monday night again. Brigade commanders can submit names, reinforcements, and weapons considerations. Outfighting and brigade types are indicated for the division COs. All are reminded that their input is most valued on the Army-level choices; emphasis, reputation investment, and weapon sales.

We have started well, but the Confederacy is far from beaten.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-22-2017 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Army structure didn't format the way I wanted it to
Old 09-23-2017, 12:02 AM   #107
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

We definitely want to add those 5 extra 6 pdrs, but I'm good with however you want to do that with regards to vets and rooks and if we purchase more artillery or not.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #108
tarcone
Coordinator

Waltons Brigade wants more Vets. We are setting the standard in many areas and want to keep that distinction. The more vets the better. We will think of getting some better guns at a future point.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'd like to outfit my regiment with about half and half for Veterans / Rookies. Mitigate the experience loss, but I'd like us at full strength.

Assuming the army orders those M1855's...we're totally putting in for those. But I'm sure more senior officers will get priority.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:57 AM   #110
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Scales is holding...I don't think I need vets, I don't need more men...weapons would be nice but I can hold if need be.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 09-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #111
chesapeake
College Starter

I don't know that we need more than 1 brigade of cavalry and skirmishers in the corps at this point, so I'd like my division to have 3 full infantry brigades backed by 1 artillery brigade.

If money is an issue, you can give one of the new greenhorn brigades the farmer muskets, even though those are pretty weak. We can dump those later. The other 2 units can have standard Springfield muskets. When one of the units distinguishes itself, I'll recommend giving them improved rifles.

I'd like between 8 and 12 12pdr Napoleons for the artillery brigade.

I'd also recommend using your reputation points to requisition the M1855's as others have suggested. Give them to the best veteran brigade. It may even make sense to outfit the two most veteran brigades with M1855s. I suggest making a note in the name of the units that have them on the battlefield. You'll always want to know where they are.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #112
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Money is always an issue, and we're unlikely to have enough cash to spring for that many Napoleons. However, by being willing to take on Farmers for one brigade I will be able to transfer some of your divisions' money over. We'll see what's available.

Last time we had $6-$7k per brigade, this time it's likely to be more like $9k or so even with the need to add four full divisions. 8 Napoleons is $13k+. Just for reference. Might end up more like 6, but we'll see how things fall.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #113
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

All settings are now final -- working on expanding the Army. Probably going to take a while to do all the calculations.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:28 PM   #114
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Turns out there's something I've not been paying enough attention to, and it'll impact what we end up with here. I mentioned once before that if we don't have officers with enough experience in charge, a large brigade can take an efficiency hit. That's already happening a bit, and will impact how much I can usefully reinforce some brigades.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:22 PM   #115
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Some surprises, but generally pleased with how things went.

Camp Results

** The 2000 Springfield M1855s were requisitioned, costing 7 Reputation. That drops Stewart to 31 there, still higher than it was before 1st Bull Run.

** There was a vote for emphasizing veterans, so I'll do that slightly more here.

I've found it works best to start at the top, so I'll present things in that manner.

** II Corps will now be led by BG S. Heintzelman. As he does not have a sponsor, I made the selection of his perk at random. Strategy(+20% Ammunition), Tactics(+5% Speed, which Stewart starts with), and Training(+10% XP) are the options. The lot fell to Training. There are three tiers of General's Perks, just as there are for brigades. This is a bit of new information.

** Supply: At Bull Run 5k supply was not enough, but I don't really know how much of it ultimately went to McDowell's troops. We may get a better reading on that here. Regardless, it seemed a moderate increase was best. With the expanded corps, each will start off now at 10k; actually 9.5k for II Corps since it comes in 1k increments and they started off at 2.5k so I couldn't make it even.

** Officers: We only had a few low-level ones left in the pool. There was no choice but to spring for a number of Lieutenant Colonels, instead of the baseline Majors/Captains that many came in as at first. That means better leadership, but increased cost and therefore less for other things. Majors run in the high hundreds usually, Lieutenant Colonels about 1.5k. So it's not a huge difference, that kicks in when you go up to division-level COs(full Colonel). After pondering this for a bit I decided to leave II Corps a division short. The only other option would be to leave just a single officer remaining in the pool ... and what happens if we get a bunch of them wounded?

Ultimately this is good thing in the short term for those of you participating, as it means a sixth more funding for your units. I'm hoping we will have more officers available to be recruited soon though. Combined with the command/efficiency issue, this meant that some brigades would get very little, and others would get quite a lot.

It also made the choice of who would fight in this next battle easy. I was considering the possibility of having the new II Corps fight it ... but that plan has been shelved given that it will be understrength.

Ok, now for the details:

I Corps, Wagner's Division

Race's Brigade

Lt. Col. Gregory Race is the most experienced of the new brigade officers recruited. It just fell that way, a rather surprising bit of good luck out of a dozen possibilities. He's at 58% to his next promotion, so a divisional command would seem to be in his future.

Alter Ego: Coffee Warlord(again)

The request for the new 1855 model Springfields has been granted. As things turned out, there was enough money for you to get both those and all veterans. Maxed out at 1500.

Walton's Brigade

You didn't request better weapons, opting for maxing out on veterans. Under the circumstances, you get both anyway. Had to purchase a few hundred of them, but you get the Springfield 1855s as well. At full strength as well.

Scales's Brigade

An easy CO to satisfy. I took your instructions as a request to divert some of your funding to more needy brigades, a sacrifice to improve the Army as a whole. I was still going to give you half of it, but as it turns out I couldn't add any more without an efficiency hit. For one more gun(veteran crew) it was nearly imperceptible, so I went ahead with that. Afterwards though it would drop 3 points to add another. 16 gun now(400 men), and you need more experience to effectively lead more than that.

Woods' Brigade

Maj. Bobby Woods, previously an artillery CO injured in our very first battle over the train station, takes over the Skirmisher brigade. I could only boost the numbers here by 12 veterans to 298 without taking an efficiency hit.

Durrell's Division

First brigade here was taken by Lt. Col. Andrew Kemper, and that was enough to move it up to * XP. Our first such infantry unit with Lorenz's! We've seen the Endurance Course with a couple of other units; the other option is Discipline Training(+10 Morale, +5 Efficiency). The RNG sez we stick with Endurance Course, and the speed and stamina bonus instead of the morale one. Up to 1015 men.

Duryee's Brigade

Also veterans since they've got Lorenz. They were less than 300; now they're up to 848.

Preston's Brigade

Cavalry and their weapons aren't cheap. Still, he's now back up to more than double his original size at 269. Hopefully they'll fare better.

Seymour's Brigade

Seems I've screwed up with your brigade. Adding more 6-pounders would actually be a bad thing; you are taking an efficiency hit due to not being a high enough rank to command this many guns. Adding more would just make it worse. So I'm standing pat for now. I'm thinking after you get a promotion we can probably throw more in.

Loomis's Division

This went much better than I thought it would. Gerald Moody, Duane Ferrero, and Andy Wright are your infantry commanders. All Springfield M1842s, all near full strength at 1436-1437 men. Gordon Wright has the artillery, and I was able to get him up to his maximum of 14 12-pounder Napoleons. That'll be some nice firepower ...

II Corps

None of us are involved with Heintzelman's command, though of course that could change particularly if we get some more division-level people. McCook and Liddell are names to know in passing for the moment; Colonels with the divisional commands. A couple of infantry brigades with the Farmer's weapons, three with Springfield M1842s, another skirmisher unit. Also used the spare 6-pounders here for another artillery brigade, and we've got our first shock cavalry. 455 of them to be exact, Palmetto M1842, our most cost-effective pistol/sabre combo.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 PM   #116
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Army Status Summary

I Corps -- 9,858 men, including 42 guns and 269 cavalry
II Corps -- 6,424 men, 9 guns and 455 cavalry.
Total -- 16,282 men, 51 guns, 724 cavalry.

The size of General James Stewart's command has now more than tripled here.

Cash -- $7
Recruits -- 1,642

Still didn't use all the new men, but we were close ... less than 200 gained. To accomplish that I often had to just throw out the cheapest weapons we had, but soldiers in the field and gaining experience should be valuable. Our first Corps in particularly is looking quite strong now. I think. Let's see what happens. This is all new to me from here on out ...
Old 09-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #117
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

We certainly didn't bolster our numbers too much; both sides have brought almost 11k total men, though we've got a 50% edge in guns and I would expect now a significant edge in the quality of weapons as well. On the other hand, it looks like in this situation they've got the best of it in terms of the terrain.

You said that already.

Sounds hazardous. There's a lot to be said for being fashionably late ...

Figures.

Ok then.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:10 PM   #118
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

** October 25, 1861. 2:00 PM. Apparently these locations have been named River Dam Hill and Crossroads Hill. Quite original nomenclature, if I do say so myself. Loomis will take his greenhorn division and smash that northern crossing. Durrell will head south where there is more cover, and the sharpshooters may have more effect. Wagner's the elite troopers, and they'll commit wherever it seems best.

Looks like we've got three hours to get this done.

** 2:09 PM -- Artillery fire to the north, and Confederate skirmishers are spotted. Loomis holds his men up in the fields on the ridge overlooking the river. Gordon Wright is in front, and his men suffer the first couple of casualties. We soon push them back, but have too many men in the open.

** 2:26 PM -- Taylor is eviscerated in the valley there ... but now we must cross. That's just asking to be torn up. I think I'm ok with Loomis just holding this side while the other two take the south path where there's more cover. No resistance has been spotted out that way yet.

** 2:58 PM -- The rebels try to cross the gully in the north, but get bogged down. Those Napoleons are helping, but it's really just bad ground. They should have been happy to just keep us where we were.

To the south, we weren't sure if there was going to be any resistance, but now a couple of brigades are into position. Kemper has already fired a volley at Elzey here, Duryee is getting in position, while Wagner's Division is coming up behind.

** 3:11 PM -- Elzey routs. We're making some real progress over here. One tough-minded rebel group has made it across to the north, but they haven't been able to dislodge Loomis.

** 3:36 PM -- Enemy skirmishers sneak across the river and capture our supply wagon while I wasn't expecting it. That ... sucks.

Soon afterwards though, we reach the southern hill with only one brigade defending it. It's taking a beating from us too. Walton's men secure the nearby forest while the others fall in elsewhere. They make a push to retake it, but it's prettyt half-hearted and one-sided.

** 4:33 PM -- We're content with what we have and waiting for them to realize they've lost the crossing, but Lt. Col. Wade Scales is injured in a minor skirmish. Just can't have a battle without some kind of drama, can you. There wasn't much left to this one though.
Old 09-26-2017, 08:13 PM   #119
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Battle Statistics

Strength

Infantry: 9,469 Union; 9,456 Confederate
Cavalry: 269 Union; 422 Confederate
Guns: 42(1069) Union; 28(668) Confederate

Total: 10,807 Union; 10,546 Confederate

Casualties

Infantry: 943 Union; 3,624 Confederate
Guns: 5(154) Union; 0(1) Confederate
Cavalry: 1 Union; 171 Confederate
Missing: 120 Union

Total: 1,218 Union; 3,796 Confederate

Weapons

Springfield M1842 -- 248 rescued
Lorenz -- 130 rescued
Sharps Model 1855 -- 92 rescued
10 pdr Ordnance -- 2 rescued
Springfield M1855 -- 81 rescued
Terrill(supplies) -- 4983 rescued
Farmer -- 372 captured
Sawed-off -- 34 captured
Re-bored Farmer -- 266 captured
Hunter -- 87 captured

Brigade Breakdown

Ferrero -- 1372 killed, 353 losses. This was the central brigade in Loomis's division, holding the ridgeline on the northern passage. A killing machine.
Duryee -- 355 kills, 166 losses.
Scales -- 328 kills, 147 losses. Big screwup by me letting their skirmishers capture the supply wagon and get too close to him. I had Woods' skirmishers in that area, then moved them away thinking it was secure. It wasn't, obviously.
Kemper -- 297 kills, 97 losses
Wright -- 296 kills, 0 losses
Race -- 294 kills, 28 losses
Moody -- 227 kills, 38 losses
Wright -- 175 kills, 120 losses
Seymour -- 92 kills, 7 losses
Preston -- 28 kills, 1 loss
Woods -- 23 kills, 4 losses

We really didn't take any big losses. The Confederates just fought in the wrong place basically here. Didn't outfight them so much as out-smart them.

Officers

** Capt. Wade Seymour has been promoted to Major.
** Lt. Col. Wade Scales was wounded.

Rewards

Career Points -- +1
Reputation -- +4
Funding -- $103.8k
Recruits -- 4700
Old 09-26-2017, 08:26 PM   #120
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Intelligence Report

Army: 39-44k
Training: 31-36%
Armory: 9-14%

These numbers have not changed one iota as a result of this battle.

We have now actually reached the year 1862, and will head to Logan's Crossroads, another 'minor scrap'. 9 Brigades is the max for this: we will be using II Corps here. That means all of you get a rest. A rest from fighting, not from decision-making. Also, this time there is no bonus from previous performance -- we'll face standard opposition in this scenario.

Career Points Briefing

* Politics(1) -- Increase gold and recruits from +2.5% to 5%

** Economy(0) -- Increase weapon discount from 0 to 2.5%

** Medicine(1) -- Increase casualty recovery rate from 2 to 4%.

** Training(6) -- Increase the discount on veteran recruits from 15% to 17.5%.

** Army Organization(3) -- Increase the maximum size of the army. We currently have a max of 2 Corps, 2 Divisions, 4 Brigades, and 1500/Brigade. This increase would up our brigade size to 2000(assuming types other than infantry scale up proportionally).

We have enough money that we should be able to use the additional size -- or we could spend it on weapons upgrades instead. We don't need this right now, but we could use it.

** Logistics(1) -- Increase ammunition from +5% to +10% for all brigades.

** Reconnaissance(2) -- Currently we know the starting enemy army size going into battle. The next level doesn't kick in until 4, when we'll know how many men the enemy is fielding in real-time during battle, and what Corps/Division/Brigade we are facing off against. A point here would be an investment towards that, but would reap no immediate benefit.

All Commanders are now on the clock. You know what to do.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 09-26-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #121
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I say we bump Politics, get some more money and men before our next mission. Figure on going Army Org after the next fight.

And top me off with Vets.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #122
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I think we should look to reconnaissance
Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #123
chesapeake
College Starter

Politics.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #124
tarcone
Coordinator

Politics.

Old 09-28-2017, 01:19 PM   #125
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

politics
Old 09-29-2017, 12:15 AM   #126
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Politics it is then. Given the lack of casualties in our last battle and the fact that ya'll are taking this one off, I'm not going to put up the voting for the next phase: I'll just handle it this time myself. The battle won't be coming until probably Sunday at least, with this weekend's wedding frivolities(my brother) taking up most of my time.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #127
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the way, enjoy the hell that is Shiloh.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:16 PM   #128
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Umm, thanks. Maybe? No??

To recap and get back into things, we upped Politics to 2. We didn't have enough for any of the pricier rep. investment stuff, and nothing lower down was worth it. For the sign-up guys, all in the I Corps so far, it was pretty much just a re-stocking with your portion of the funds. Due to my supply screwup, each brigade had to contribute a few hundred each to getting that back where it needs to be.

Wagner's Division

** Race's Brigade -- 28 vets maxed it out at 1500.

** Walton's Brigade -- 134 to do the same.

** Scales's Brigade -- You're injured, so Lt. Col. Tom Trimble is hired as the replacement. Added a couple vet crews to get to 13 guns for now.

** Woods Brigade -- 46 men added, half of the weapons available in the armory. At 340 now.

Durrell's Division

** Kemper's Brigade -- 234 added, now at 1152 men.

** Duryee's Brigade -- Up to * experience, the only promoted unit here. They opt for Discipline Training(+10 Morale, +5 Efficiency). 270 total men added, up to 955. Not as large or as skilled as Kemper, but the gap has closed here.

** Preston's Brigade -- 109 horsemen added, now at 377. Slowly getting stronger.

** Seymour's Brigade -- Still at 12 guns due to the command efficiency issue. 11 men added to fill out all crews at maximum effectiveness.

Loomis's Division

** Moody's Brigade -- 101 replacements, to max out at 1500.

** Ferrero's Brigade -- 408 added, also back to max 1500.

** Wright's Brigade -- Less than 200, I forget the actual number, to top out at 1500 as well.

** Wright's Brigade -- This is the artillery one. Another Napoleon added for 15 guns here. That maxes out the command efficiency limit.

II Corps

Since we needed a 9th brigade, a 3rd division was added under Col. Henry Church. Increased the size of the brigades here as much as I could, including putting every last Farmer's musket we have in the field for the two units that have them.

Outlook

We used up all the cash again($35 left), and all the recruits we gained plus almost 200 of what we had saved up. Still 1,240 in the pool, but we have just over 20k total in the field now for our part of the Army, so that isn't a whole lot by comparison.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:33 PM   #129
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

And so it is that Heintzelman's II Corps heads for Mill Springs. He is outnumbered a bit, esp. in terms of artillery. 11.1k Confederates with 25 guns, vs. 10.6k for us(almost all of it his corps) with 9 guns on our side. This might not go as well for us as the last battle did.

A defensive/delaying-action engagement. That's all Stewart has to say to Heintzelman. He's a man of few words.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:20 AM   #130
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

** February 17, 1862, 6:00 AM.

The immediate task is to hold here at Logan's Crossroads of course. For two hours they say. It's early morning, it's cold, it's a lousy job I don't care who you are. But it's the job that must be done. Either intelligence is poor or the hand-holding phase is over with, because we aren't told anything about how much is coming or where from.

Lawton's 1500 men deploy to the north in those trees, hoping their farmer's muskets are enough to slow down any approach across that river ... more a stream really, if not a brook. Hagood will attempt to block the road that swings east to the south of this little interchange. Devin's cavalry, 570 strong, are probably the greatest asset in II Corps and they will be relied upon if things get too hairy. That's all we got right now. Both infantry brigades detach skirmishers in the hopes of further harrasment.

** 6:06 AM. Apparently the rebel alarm clocks work just fine, as nearly a thousand of them approach from across the stream to the north. There's not going to be any subtlety there. Lawton's skirmishers are recalled and he takes up position in the trees. Almost immediately, a second brigade is spotted. Not good. No way his untrained, ill-equipped troops can hold long against them. Hagood has trouble of his own, pushing into the forest to the south before it's taken by Anderson, a rebel commander marching with 1200+.

The only real hope of holding then north is goading them into coming across, then having Devin try to flank them.

** 6:10 AM -- To the west, Wharton's skirmishers are first in line as the rest of the Corps has wasted no time in showing up. Good thing too ... I think we're going to need them.

** 6:13 AM -- Hagood reports two more rebel brigades headed his way. He won't hold long against those odds.

** 6:15 AM -- Devin reports another rebel brigade crossing the stream further west. It'll still be some time before the rest of our men are in position. It's looking that's going to be time we don't have.

** 6:25 AM -- Devin's men charge at an unprepared brigade in the north. This causes confusion in the rebel lines, but he loses about 100 men in the process. It does buy a few minutes' valuable time though.

** 6:31 AM -- Pond's brigade has gotten around Hagood to the south, and is approaching the crossroads. There's no choice but to fall back into some semblance of a cohesive battle line, with the enemy pressing on both sides and cavalry and skirmisher units spotted. It looks like it'll be in mostly open ground, making things even worse.

Here, Lawton tries in vain to hold off Pond while we form up to the south and west in greater numbers.

** 6:35 AM -- Heintzelman: "Damn, it's not just a patrol, it's an attack!". What was your first clue there, General?

** 6:50 AM -- We've managed to find a stable, somewhat defensible position. Lousy terrain but they have to cross it to move us further west, and they have been somewhat less co-ordinated in their efforts. Artillery has opened up on us from the east, and we've only got a few 6-pounders to try to aid the cause. Holding here is not enough; to retake the cross roads we need to be able to push them back on one of the two flanks. So far that's proven problematic.

** 7:09 AM -- Russell and another brigade charge in the south, countered by Devin. It doesn't go well for the rebels.

** 7:30 AM -- We've been able to push back slowly, their resistance weakening on both flanks. Logan's Crossroads is under our control again ... barely. Neither side is having a super day, but the momentum has shifted.

** 7:40 AM -- A few minutes after Hagood breaks momentarily in the south, Lawton, having reformed in the center, collapses as well. We can't afford this -- there's no reserve to plug the hole. The situation is quite tenuous again as Heintzelman urges his men to hold their ground.

** 7:45 AM -- All categories of chaos ensue. We're still more unified than them but are having increasing trouble keep everyone in position, and they seem to still have us outnumbered.

Eventually the rebels realize that they are not going to break our will(though it wavers considerably), and they retreat to the east and north of the crossroads. I really thought they were going to win this one, and they probably should have.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:21 AM   #131
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Battle Statistics

Strength

Infantry: 9,221 Union; 9,889 Confederate
Cavalry: 570 Union; 466 Confederate
Guns: 9(225) Union; 25(605) Confederate
Total: 10,016 Union; 10,960 Confederate

Losses

Infantry: 2,502 Union; 4,325 Confederate
Guns: 1(44) Union; 0 Confederate
Cavalry: 266 Union; 70 Confederate
Total: 2,812 Union; 4,395 Confederate

We still ultimately won the casualties comparison here, but by less than we have in any other battle to date.

Officers

** Lt. Col. Dave Kirk, who took the recently added infantry brigade and was a big part of the south section of the battle, is promoted to Colonel.

I actually managed not to injure any commanders. I do believe that is a first. I can't chalk it up to anything other than random luck, since we lost over a quarter of the men we had in two hours' time. Far better circumstances have resulted in wounded leaders before.

Weapons

** Cook & Brother -- 14 captured
** Farmer -- 397 rescued, 305 captured
** Re-bored Farmer -- 508 captured
** Hunter -- 53 captured
** Sharps Model 1855 -- 57 rescued
** Springfield M1842 -- 782 rescued
** Palmetto M1842 -- 130 rescued

Rewards

** +1 Career Points
** +4 Reputation
** $106k funding
** 4.8k recruits

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-02-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #132
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Intelligence Report

Army Size: 43-48k
Training: 32-37%
Armory: 11-16%

Despite having been defeated at every turn, the Confederates continue to amass more men. We have been quite successful in keeping them from gaining more quality men and arms however, as those are just very slightly up.

As the Coffee Warlord mentioned, it is now time for another Grand Battle at Shiloh. Our last two victories have earned us -10% morale and -5% size for the force we will face there. We have $106k in funds, and 6.4k recruits to handle that with. Based on the rewards listed, it appears that this next fight could go either way ...

Career Points Briefing

* Politics(2) -- Increase gold and recruits from + 5% to +7.5%.

** Economy(0) -- Increase weapon discount from 0 to 2.5%

** Medicine(1) -- Increase casualty recovery rate from 2 to 4%.

** Training(6) -- Increase the discount on veteran recruits from 15% to 17.5%.

** Army Organization(3) -- Increase the maximum size of the army. We currently have a max of 2 Corps, 2 Divisions, 4 Brigades, and 1500/Brigade. This increase would up our brigade size to 2000(assuming types other than infantry scale up proportionally).

Half of our infantry brigades are maxed out at 1500, with most of the others above 1000. The other types are mostly limited in how much they can increase in size by the command efficiency issue. There are still three empty brigade slots but we don't have commanders for them. I'm recommending this to get a boost here so that we can use the resources we have: the alternative option, also quite viable, is to use more of the funds to upgrade our weapons while essentially maintaining our current numbers. Under that scenario, more units would get the newer, more effective Springfields while the Lorenz brigades under Durrell would get increased funding to max out or get close to that.

At present, we have four experienced infantry brigades(*). Two each have Lorenz and the M1855 Springfields. The eight inexperienced ones are mostly M1842s(six of them), with two possessing the Farmer's weapons.

** Logistics(1) -- Increase ammunition from +5% to +10% for all brigades.

** Reconnaissance(2) -- Currently we know the starting enemy army size going into battle. The next level doesn't kick in until 4, when we'll know how many men the enemy is fielding in real-time during battle, and what Corps/Division/Brigade we are facing off against. A point here would be an investment towards that, but would reap no immediate benefit.

All Commanders are now on the clock. You know what to do.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-02-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #133
chesapeake
College Starter

I'll support your decision to improve army org.

We've really used up all the commanders in the barracks? Wow! My first choice would have been to up politics to get us more money down the road and to use what we have to build up all the brigades in the II Corps. But if we don't have any eligible commanders in the barracks, I'll support your suggestion to try and fill up the brigades we have.

I think it that you probably can do both things that you suggest if you do it right. If you improve the weapons of a * or ** unit or two first, those don't necessarily need (or are cost effective) to be bumped up to 2000 soldiers. The weapons they used to carry can be given to new recruits in rookie brigades, making them cost only manpower, which we appear to have a lot of.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep, bump the Army Org, and try and max out as many of our regiments as possible. We'll need the men.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:22 AM   #135
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

agreed on Army organization, but we need soon to add to our reconnaisance in the near future, even if it doesn't immediately help. it will pay off in the long haul.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:40 AM   #136
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
agreed on Army organization, but we need soon to add to our reconnaisance in the near future, even if it doesn't immediately help. it will pay off in the long haul.

Ditto
Old 10-02-2017, 12:05 PM   #137
tarcone
Coordinator

Im a yes man here. Army Org.

Load up on men.

Old 10-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #138
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

I'll go with you as well.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #139
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake
We've really used up all the commanders in the barracks? Wow!

Not all, but there are three left. All Colonels. So I could add the last three brigades with them, but they'd be overqualified and they are expensive for that job -- would cut into the money for other things. We also have two wounded Captains. Technically five without a job at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake
I think it that you probably can do both things that you suggest if you do it right. If you improve the weapons of a * or ** unit or two first, those don't necessarily need (or are cost effective) to be bumped up to 2000 soldiers. The weapons they used to carry can be given to new recruits in rookie brigades, making them cost only manpower, which we appear to have a lot of.

That's a good idea, but it's really already been done. Four * brigades, all have the better weapons. All the others are at 'Green', or no experience boost yet. In other words, no 'veteran' units that are still using baseline Springfields or whatnot.

A majority having already put in their votes, I'll put in the organization boost and move on to the second phase of Camp later tonight.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-02-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #140
Cap Ologist
College Prospect

I believe the barracks are reset after each grand battle and I think that's when wounded officers come back too, unless they are wounded in that one, then they have to wait for the next.
Cap Ologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:25 PM   #141
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

So far as I can see that's correct. That also seems to be the time when the type and amount of weapons available in the Shop updates; it seems to be the best time to make major changes for multiple reasons.

Weapons Reference is updated. We haven't captured enough of any type to be practically useful, though it's getting close in some cases.

Army-Level Choices

1. Emphasis. Last time we switched from Balanced to a small lean towards Veterans. Weapons or sheer Manpower can also be emphasized if chosen.

2. Reputation Investment. We're up to 39 now, same range we've been in for this particularl mini-campaign. The remaining options:

** $75k cash(18 Reputation)
** 4k recruits(18 Reputation)
** 4 24pdr Howitzers(6 Reputation)
** BG Irvin McDowell(4 Reputation)
** BG William Sherman(4 Reputation)

We have no need of further recruits(still have yet to run out) or generals(both spots are filled right now). Money and artillery are always beneficial though, so it's worth weighing whether or not they are worth the cost.

3. Weapon Sales

So far we've chosen not to sell anything, and have from time to time made use of captured equipment. Nonetheless the option must be presented. The Armory reports the following prices and quantities.

** Farmer(702 @ $4 ea.)
** Re-bored Farmer(1073 @ $5 ea.)
** Springfield M1842(782 @ $5 ea.)
** Hunter(214 @ $10 ea.)
** Sharps Model 1855(93 @ $17 ea.)
** Sawed-off(34 @ $6 ea.)
** Cook & Brother(163 @ $9 ea.)
** Palmetto M1842(130 @ $15 ea.)
** Sharps Model 1855(93 @ $17 ea.)
Old 10-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #142
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Command Briefings

Army Structure

I Corps(Stewart)
*** Wagner
----- Race*(Infantry, Springfield M1855)
----- Walton*(Infantry, Springfield M1855)
----- Trimble*(Artillery, 10 pdr Ordnance) Scales wounded
----- Woods(Skirmishers, Sharps Model 1855) Lynch wounded
*** Durrell
----- Kemper(Infantry, Lorenz)
----- Duryee*(Infantry, Lorenz)
----- Preston(Cavalry, Smith)
----- Seymour*(Artillery, 6 pdr Field)
*** Loomis
----- Moody(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- Ferrero(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- A. Wright(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- G. Wright(Artillery, 12pdr Napoleon)

II Corps(Heintzelman)
*** McCook
----- Hagood(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- Lawton(Infantry, Farmer)
----- Devin(Cavalry, Palmetto M1842)
----- Root(Artillery, 6 pdr Field)
*** Liddell
----- Carruth(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- Tannatt(Infantry, Farmer)
----- Elder(Infantry, Springfield M1842)
----- Wharton(Skirmisher, Sharps Model 1855)
*** Church
----- Kirk(Infantry, Springfield M1842)

Weapons added to this section as the Army is growing, and it should help to keep one's eye on the overall picture.

Wagner's Division is now under AI control(i.e., mine) unless BYU14 pipes up and wants in.

Race's Brigade

Lt. Col. Gregory Race actually survived his first battle ... and looked pretty good doing it. More than 10 of the enemy died for each man he lost in our most one-sided battle to date. He's at 79% to his next promotion, which would make him eligible for division command ...

Alter Ego: Coffee Warlord

Men: 1500
Experience: *, 59% to **
Perks: Endurance Course(+10 Stamina, +5 Efficiency, +10% Speed)

Efficiency: 39
Morale: 53
Stamina: 56
Firearms: 45
Melee: 18

Weapon: Springfield M1855

No gain in accuracy was made despite sending almost 300 of the enemy to meet their maker. Stamina saw a good jump though, and some efficiency boost. A full batch of 500 rookies would drop ratings by 9-11 points in most categories. Rookies cost $31 each(price of the weapon), veterans almost twice as much at just under $59 each. You can always mix-and-match as always if you prefer. That(relatively) pricey piece of hardware they carry makes it unlikely that we will max out in any case.

Walton's Brigade

Lt. Col. Kelly Walton is at 61% towards becoming a divisional CO. He had a bit rougher time of it, but still better than 2:1 casualties at River Crossing.

Alter Ego: tarcone

Men: 1500
Experience: *, 64% to **
Perks: Endurance Course

Efficiency: 43
Morale: 51
Stamina: 52
Firearms: 52
Melee: 22

Weapon: Springfield M1855

Profile here is pretty good at everything. Better shooters and soldiering than Race still, though this unit also improved the most in Stamina and trails there by a bit. Overall, the top infantry brigade we have though. By a hair. Rookies also $31 each, and 500 would drop ratings by 8-10. Vets are a little under $61 per man.

Scales' Brigade

Lt. Col. Tom Trimble continues to lead in place of wounded Lt. Col. Wade Scales, who was close to getting his full Colonel ranking. 80-85% I'd say. This will be Trimble's first actual action.

Alter Ego: Qwikshot

Guns: 13
Experience: *, 45% to **
Perks: Physical Training(+10 Stamina, +5 Efficiency)

Efficiency: 33
Morale: 51
Stamina: 46
Firearms: 49
Melee: 14

Weapon: 10pdr Ordnance

The usual mostly stamina with some efficiency that other units got improvements in at the last battle. The command-efficiency limit will allow up to 2 more guns. $1710 for rookie crews, $3437 for veterans. I expect to be able to afford both, so there's probably no real choice here unless you want rookies to save up for more investment in other brigades.

Durrell's Division

Col. Rafael Durrell continues to be just shy of halfway to his next promotion. He has the smallest division in the I Corps in terms of numbers, but the Lorenz makes up for that somewhat with it's accuracy. Unless there is an outfitting change, things pretty much are what they are here.

Alter Ego: ntndeacon

Preston's Brigade

Lt. Col. Steven Preston takes his life into his hands every battle, and that of his men; I freely admit I am far worse at using cavalry effectively than any other unit type. He is still pretty young in his rank, with a 32% progress bar. Last time out there was only one casualty ... but only 28 inflicted. Hopefully that will change as the brigade grows.

Alter Ego: collegesportsfanms

Horsemen: 377
Experience: None, 89% to *
Perks: None

Efficiency: 11
Morale: 38
Stamina: 19
Firearms: 19
Melee: 11

Weapon: Smith

A barely-noticeable morale improvement is all that happened at River Crossing. Indeed the other categories refuse to grow much at all. Hoping that they can take the next step soon, as it would be nice to have a strong cavalry unit. I don't think it's worth considering rookies until you've at least gained the first experience rank. Right now they would cost $62, $81 for veterans. Not enough savings to really be worth considering losing what minor gains have been made. But it's not my call of course; if you want rookies to increase the size a little more, that can be done.

Seymour's Brigade

Maj. Walter Seymour stands at 27% to his next promotion. Didn't do as much as usual at River Crossing, with only 92 casualties inflicted, by far the smallest of any fight so far. Gen. Stewart was partly to blame as the positioning could have been better at points in the fight. A more productive and active role is hoped for an likely in the brawl ahead.

Guns: 12
Experience: *, 45% to **
Perks: Logistics(+50% ammunition, +5 Efficiency)

Efficiency: 31
Morale: 57
Stamina: 45
Firearms: 52
Melee: 17

Weapon: 6pdr Field

Highest morale rating in the I Corps now; that's something to be excited about. A hair better accuracy than any other artillery unit, though Scales's boys get things done a bit quicker and don't tire quite as fast. I can't do anything here, as additional weapons would inflict a significant command-efficiency hit. We could consider a different weapon type as a long-term consideration, or else just reserve the investment for other parts of the Army.

Loomis's Division

Col. Adam Loomis is the most junior of the six division commanders that we have, counting both Corps. Maybe 10-15% to his next promotion, which will require him surviving a long time on the battlefield. He's got a lot of infantry(3 brigades * 1500 men each) who really don't know much about what they are doing, but they got some experience at River Crossing. And of course the 15 Napoleons, the heaviest guns we currently have in use. It would seem that we are going to mostly just try to add more men here, as none of the brigades have really justified the expense for a weapon upgrade yet.

Alter Ego: chesapeake

All Commanders are now to make their orders. Even in cases where things seem obvious, feel free to submit contrary instructions. Shiloh awaits as soon as this is concluded. Anytime between now and midnight Wednesday is soon enough -- and as always, don't forget the Army-level stuff.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:01 PM   #143
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Nothing to do for me really so spend the money elsewhere
Old 10-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #144
chesapeake
College Starter

Fill my ranks to 2000 with all the men you can find. We'll teach 'em which end of the musket means business.

Last edited by chesapeake : 10-03-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 AM   #145
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Like to keep the skills up this time, so whatever you can budget to my boys, give me Vets.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:46 AM   #146
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Alright, sorry guys, out of the loop again. Trying to play catch up. What specifically am I voting on at the moment, if anything? I see I am part of Preston's brigade, whatever that means. (Kinda clueless at the moment lol)
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #147
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

You're in charge of Preston's brigade. Preston = you :P. So, you can decide whether to add rookies, veterans, or some of each with the money that will be available to your brigade. More rookies = less skill but more men. The costs provided are for guidance to that decision. You can request different weapons if you like instead, but it's what your Division CO wanted so you'll need a good reason if doing so. In the post before the brigade breakdowns, there are higher-level, Army-wide choices you can vote on if you choose.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #148
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
You're in charge of Preston's brigade. Preston = you :P. So, you can decide whether to add rookies, veterans, or some of each with the money that will be available to your brigade. More rookies = less skill but more men. The costs provided are for guidance to that decision. You can request different weapons if you like instead, but it's what your Division CO wanted so you'll need a good reason if doing so. In the post before the brigade breakdowns, there are higher-level, Army-wide choices you can vote on if you choose.

I'm fine with the weapons that my Division CO wanted. No rookies needed, give me a few quality vets with the money that is available for my brigade.

As for the other choices:

1. Small lean toward veterans is a good emphasis for me, I'm ok with that.

2. 18 reputation seems like a lot to get more cash, but I could deal with the loss of 6 reputation to get more artillery, so that's my vote.

3. I don't think we need to sell anything yet.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #149
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

1. No change
2. No reputation spending
3. No sales.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:32 PM   #150
tarcone
Coordinator

I want more vets. Fill me up. We want to be the best.

No change
No rep spending yet.
No sales.