Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Werewolf LXXXVIII: Game Thread

I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who are of religious belief and am using religion in more of the cultural folklore sense than any literal interpretation. While this game is a sequel, the roles and their powers that are not specifically stated in these rules are likely to have changed. Use the first game as a precedent at your own peril.

Introduction
The year is 1350 and the town of St. Saldana has been prosperous for many years. It is now time to take that prosperity and use it to honor God, who has made it all possible by building a cathedral. This would lack any noteworthiness were it not for the fact that the Devil noticed that Angels seemed to be taking a higher than normal level of interest in the completion of the building. And if the Forces of the Holy want it, the Devil reasoned, not unfairly mind you, that he must want them not to have it. And so both sides have established a presence in the bustling metropolis as this major project comes to completion.

Sides and Victory Conditions

Villagers : Win a normal victory by either eradicating the village of demons or by completing the construction of the cathedral. Win a major victory if they complete both.

Demons: Win a normal victory if they prevent the construction of the cathedral by achieving a 1-1 ratio with the villagers, a minor victory if the angels are eradicated, and a major victory if they accomplish both.

Angels: No one outside of the Angels are quite sure what they are up to. It’s safe to say they want the Cathedral built and the Demons stopped. But there’s got to be more to it than that, right?

Note: The game will end either if there are no Demons left or at the end of the following day after all work on the Cathedral is complete (so if all work is done by the end of Day 3, the Cathedral must still have no work left at the end of Day 4). The Cathedral may be damaged in the interim as long as all is repaired by the end of the following cycle.

Cycles
Day Cycle – During the day cycle players can do two things: vote and work on the cathedral. A player may do 2 of one thing, or 1 of each.

A vote should be at the end of a post, bolded, and in the color orange, so it looks like this:
Quote:
I’ve never seen someone who is more obviously a wolf.

Vote Barkeep
Votes not properly formatted may be missed.

Once a player works on the Cathedral they may not change where they are working.

Once a player votes they may unvote and choose a different player to vote for but they may not work on the Cathederal.

A player may do two actions in one post. Each action should be listed separately. If voting for a player twice, vote on separate lines.
Day Cycles begin approximately 8 AM Eastern and last until 10 PM Eastern. Players may choose to PM the moderator with an advance action if they’re unavailable during the Day Cycle. The player with the most votes will be lynched, and removed from the game.

Ties: In the event of two players having an equal amount of votes at the end of the day, the player whose mean vote has been on the longest (determined by post #) will be lynched. In the event of this being equal, the player with the longest held median vote, will be lynched.

Night Cycle – Lasts from 10 PM Eastern to 7 AM Eastern. During this time anyone who has a night action may submit it.

Each night the Demons will have the option of either killing a player or having two demons sabotage the Cathedral and attempt to damage it. They may sabotage the same place twice or two separate places. The Demons cannot do the same night action more than two days in a row.

The order to the Night Cycle actions are not publicly known due to the hidden nature of powers in the game.

Roles

Villagers
All players will have a public role. Not all roles have a special power or ability. Angels/Demons may get to keep the power of their public role. There is a Duke, Bodyguard, Seer. There will also be a cultist who appears to the seer to be a villager, and counts as a villager for ration purposes, but wins with the Demons. He has abilities to help him with this task.

Demons
This is a list of possible Demon roles. Only Lucifer is guaranteed to be in the game. Demons are allowed to communicate freely outside of the game thread.

Lucifer – The head Devil. As an incredibly powerful supernatural being he cannot hide his identity from St. Gabriel, but equally he knows the identity of St. Gabriel. He will, however, appear as a villager if scanned by the seer. According to The Rules, he may not reveal who St. Gabriel is posing as, even to the other Demons. He may freely communicate with St. Gabriel (cc’ing the GM). Lucifer also has other powers, unknown to any but himself.

Azazel – Brutal wolf. If lynched he will be able to kill another player. If killed at night he will kill the player attacking him before he dies.

Purson – Twice times during the game may choose a player and learn the PM that player received at the start of the game. If he scans an angel, he will not learn that the player is an angel.

Leviathan – Any night attempt at sabotage is guaranteed to succeed and will cause double damage to that area. If blocked by Michah, he will only cause normal damage. Once per game he may make a night kill which cannot be blocked . If the bodyguard is present, the bodyguard will learn the identity of the Leviathan.

Alastor – At the start of the game may designate 3 players. If those players vote for a demon on the day that demon is lynched, those players will automatically die, except if that player is St. Gabriel or a particular player on the villager side.

Henchman – No special powers.

Angels
This is a list of possible Angels roles. Only St. Gabriel is guaranteed to be in the game. Angels are allowed to communicate freely outside of the game thread.

St. Gabriel – The head Angel. As an incredibly powerful supernatural being he cannot hide his identity from Lucifer, but equally he knows the identity of Lucifer. He will always appear as a villager if scanned. According to The Rules, he may not reveal who Lucifer is posing as, even to the other Angels. He may freely communicate with Lucifer (cc’ing the GM). Gabriel also has other powers, unknown to any but himself.

Elijah – Once per game may designate a player (non-Angel) who cannot be killed or lynched for the next 3 cycles (beginning with that cycle).

Metatron – At the start of the game may designate 3 players. Metatron will receive any non-demonic powers of the first of those players to die.

Michah – May designate an area to be safe from wolf sabotage each night.

Rhamiel – May scan a player each night to attempt to learn the details of their powers. If he scans a demon, he will not learn that the player is a demon.

Seraph – Has powers known only to him.

Uriel – Every other day may do twice as much work as normal on the Cathedral.

Building the Cathedral

There is unfinished work left to be done in several areas of the Cathedral. In order to work on the Cathedral post the “Work on” action in bold and in the color orange. So, for instance

Quote:
Work on Walls

There is work to be done on the following areas:
Walls
Roof
Windows
Artwork
Carpentry

How many shifts of work are left to be completed will be announced at the start of the game.

No work on the Roof or Windows may be done until the Walls are finished. If the Walls become damaged during the course of the game work may not continue on the Windows and Roof.

A player may choose to fake their work on an area by PM’ing me.

Different areas cause different amounts of damage if sabotaged. When an area is sabotaged successfully it will always cause the same amount of damage, however, there are powers which can mitigate the damage in an area.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-20-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Roles and Player List
Arch Bishop - Daddy T
Baker - RealDeal
Baron - Render
Baroness's Maid - Telle Lynched Day 2 Cultist
Baronness - Jonathan
Butcher - Chief Rum
Candlestick Maker- Danny
Castle Guard - Lathum Killed Night 1
Healer - Purdue Kill Night 2
Hermitt - Tyrtih
Innkeeper - Hannibal Lynched Day 1 Seer
Master Carpenter - Kwhit
Merchant - Pass Killed by Alastor's power Day 3 Bodyguard
Minstril - Alan T Killed by Alastor's power Day 3 Seraph
Mother Superior - Jackal
Shepard - Hoops Lynched Day 3 Lucifer
Stonemason - jeheniz
Vagrant - Packer Lynched Day 4

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-27-2009 at 06:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Current Status of the Cathedral

Walls - Repaired
Roof - 6 Shifts
Windows - 5 shifts
Artwork - 4 shifts
Carpentry - 3 shifts

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-27-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #4
Danny
Head Coach

We'll I'm going to class now. Will I be cow tipping later? No one knows .

Hopefully I have a short first day.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The time is close. With a little more everything will be spic and span. Praise be the one Above, your years of work are nearly at an end. Who cares about the mangled body found in the village or the claims that only demonic forces could have been at work? No that's just silly. Everyone knows if there are demons around there must be angels around as well.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Passacaglia
Coordinator

It's about time the bigwigs finally started building a Cathedral again, after the first one was such a success. Of course, if there's deals to be had this time on the way, I'm definitely up for making a quick buck.

Hey Danny, good to see you! I'm assuming you're a candlestick maker, not a candlestick? Either way, we should talk.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

ooo i the innkeeper.... dunno what that means. gonna go read my pm then go to bed
Hannibal Lecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If you're feeling low, hurt, or just run down, come see me. I can make it all better.

Hmmm...that sounded a little more Acid Queen from "Tommy" than Healer in this game.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #9
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm chuckling at the fact that of all the female oriented roles, Telle got the Maid. I mean sheesh, she coulda at least been Mother superior or the brothel queen...err....did I just say that?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
RendeR
Coordinator

I am the BARON. I am proud of my village and my people. Together we shall create a beautiful example of God's beauty here on earth.

BUILD I SAY, Build and within your building, rejoice!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Your PM is quite explicit if you are an Angel or Demon. If it doesn't give you the name of your Angel or Demon assume you're a villager.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #12
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
If you're feeling low, hurt, or just run down, come see me. I can make it all better.

Hmmm...that sounded a little more Acid Queen from "Tommy" than Healer in this game.

i was looking for a hooker role....
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #13
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
i was looking for a hooker role....

I'm not sure that this "healer" is dumb enough to take on someone named Hannibal Lecter as a john!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #14
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Now, do the angels and demons posses people? I being the innkeeper have been known to all in the village for their whole lives, so i cant be a demon.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm not sure that this "healer" is dumb enough to take on someone named Hannibal Lecter as a john!
nom nom nom baby!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I am pleased that all of my children have gathered here together to undertake this glorious work in praise of our Lord and Savior. I trust that with prudence and foresight we will build a most splendid monument to the glory of God the Father.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I am pleased that all of my children have gathered here together to undertake this glorious work in praise of our Lord and Savior. I trust that with prudence and foresight we will build a most splendid monument to the glory of God the Father.

I'm sorry, but this coming from DT after having talked about life with him a few times is just fucking cracking me up. I'm dyin here dude.....
Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] a butcher, a baker, AND a candlestick maker? SWEET [/ooc]
Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I'm sorry, but this coming from DT after having talked about life with him a few times is just fucking cracking me up. I'm dyin here dude.....

[ooc] this is true. IRL i am quite the athiest. [/ooc]
Old 01-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
[ooc] a butcher, a baker, AND a candlestick maker? SWEET [/ooc]
I'm glad someone noticed .
Old 01-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #21
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm glad someone noticed .

I see all that happens here in your earthly domain O Lord.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #22
RendeR
Coordinator

*CACKLES*
Old 01-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #23
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
*CACKLES*

[ooc] i intend to play IC all game so you're going to be cackling a lot
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #24
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

"And when I get that feeling...I need sexual...healing."

Are you busy working on the Cathedral? Need a break from saving your soul? If so, look up the village healer. We have healing hands massages...happy endings only after 9 PM.

Sorry, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #25
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just dropping in real quick to check in. I evidently like music and to sing. I shall have to work on a beautiful hymn to praise our good Lord's name.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #26
The Jackal
Coordinator

Mother Superior checking in. Are you being nice or naughty?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #27
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I'm chuckling at the fact that of all the female oriented roles, Telle got the Maid. I mean sheesh, she coulda at least been Mother superior or the brothel queen...err....did I just say that?

You noticed this too? Why do I always have to be the one to clean up the messes??
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #28
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, I'm a hermit. Apparently I'm not fond of being amongst you guys anyway.

Which, RL wise, will make sense for tomorrow - I won't be around a lot, the little bit I will be will be during the afternoon. After tomorrow my availability should be vastly better.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:12 PM   #29
hoopsguy
General Manager

Don't mind me. I'm just tending to my flock.

I think I'm going to have fun with being the Shepard.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #30
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Checking in.

Want some bread?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #31
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's about time the bigwigs finally started building a Cathedral again, after the first one was such a success. Of course, if there's deals to be had this time on the way, I'm definitely up for making a quick buck.

Hey Danny, good to see you! I'm assuming you're a candlestick maker, not a candlestick? Either way, we should talk.

I am candlestick maker. Part of me resembles a candlestick, but that is only for my lovely wife.

I'm sure we could get together for a trade. I only ask for a fair price. I am a simple man and need only food and clothing for my family.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:53 PM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

During these tough and grueling times ahead, me and my family offers what little extra we have to contribute to the cathedral and to our neighbors. Our home and my shop our open to whoever those are in need.

For now I bid ye all a goodnight and a god bless.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #33
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am one of the few villagers who seems heavily skilled in the use of sharp cutting utensils. Don't read anything into that (unless you're reading that I am the butcher, than you're right on).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #34
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I'm going to make perhaps a controversial decision, so if it gets me lynched (understandably after the last game), so be it. But I am just going to work on the cathedral today.

As usual, Wednesday is a two-job day for me, which means that once I leave the thread tonight (other than maybe a quick check in in the morning before I head out), I won't be back until after the deadline tomorrow night. Normally, this is the point where I end up having to throw out some pointless Day One vote.

So the option of just working on the cathedral here appeals to me, as at least I can be more certainly helpful to the village there, when a Day One vote is likely to just be crap.

So at the risk people will think I am trying to hide from voting, at least for a day...

WORK ON WALLS (1st action)
WORK ON WALLS (2nd action)

Good luck everyone!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 01-21-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #35
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

edited by barkeep?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 AM   #36
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

ok, so why would CR be worried about working on the cathedral? isnt that what were supposed to do? I guess we need some kinda voting record to be bale to judge people later... but day one votes are always bogus!
Old 01-21-2009, 06:55 AM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think Chief learned a lesson from Day 1 of the last Cathedral game, based upon my (re)reading of it yesterday. He took some heat for putting out an early vote that day when there was an option to just work on the walls.

However, for those of us who are going to be around I do think that we need to put some actions towards voting. Assuming the rules are the same as last game, there will be a lynch one way or another each day.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 AM   #38
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, wolf votes are never bogus. Reasons for Day 1 votes are usually pretty bogus, but the votes themselves are not.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #39
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm hoping to get some downtime today to see how we played it last game but I don't think CR's move is necessarily a bad one. In the building or work-based games (Cathedral I and the outerspace one [sorry, can't remember name or who's game it was]) I tend to prefer the tunnel-visioned approach on getting the labor done as we can maybe flush out information on fakes and sabotages and get a good deal of work done. I'll read up some after I give these two finals today.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #40
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter View Post
edited by barkeep?
Indeed. I put his vote in orange.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #41
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, wolf votes are never bogus. Reasons for Day 1 votes are usually pretty bogus, but the votes themselves are not.
fair enough
Old 01-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #42
Hannibal Lecter
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Indeed. I put his vote in orange.
I figured that is the case... since i cant image how many will remember to do it (Ill try though!)
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

There is very little chance that I will have time to review the last game we were in. I honestly don't remember what my role was in the last game either (I think I was either an Angel or Demon last time, but don't remember which).

I did read through the rules real quick and the majority of roles, but need to get working soon and likely won't be around a ton during each day. My thoughts right now are:

- Normally I would get a vote out early if I felt there to be a chance I won't be able to get back. In this game once you work on the cathedral or vote, you are pretty much locked in to that action, so I am going to have to risk the chance that I don't get back to vote and wait to see what happens during the day beforehand.

- There has been early talk about the importance of votes for a history or the ability to learn about others. I believe we are doing the devil's work for him if we choose to focus too heavily on votes and too lightly on the cathedral. Remember building the cathedral is of utmost importance, and the work done on the cathedral can be a valuable tool in hunting down demons as well. As we can compare daily the amount of work done on a section vs how many people worked on a section. Demons are then stuck either not working on the cathedral at all (and standing out in that regard), or working on the cathedral and faking it (thus being able to be narrowed down through that means) , or doing work on the cathedral and directly helping us while hurting their goal.

- I likely am going to work on the walls as well today with both actions, but as I mentioned above am holding off to see what all occurs first (since once I do the work, I am locked into it).

- I am sure I had another point, but I can't remember it for the life of me. so anyhows, I'll try to check in again this afternoon.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #44
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

A vagrant - nice.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #45
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I think Chief learned a lesson from Day 1 of the last Cathedral game, based upon my (re)reading of it yesterday. He took some heat for putting out an early vote that day when there was an option to just work on the walls.

However, for those of us who are going to be around I do think that we need to put some actions towards voting. Assuming the rules are the same as last game, there will be a lynch one way or another each day.

I didn't play in the last game. Could you elaborate on that? Was there a tiebreaker? What if there were no votes at all?

I am thinking of doing the same as CR and doing double work on the cathedral today, but I want to understand the lynch rules first.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #46
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I will be around during the day, and I will probably do one of each, since the Cathedral does eventually need to get done.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #47
hoopsguy
General Manager

I wasn't in the last game either, but I'm through the first 300 or so posts. There was a Day 1 discussion on "no lynch" and Barkeep chimed in with that quote. I'll find it later today when I've got some time to do sifting.

In the meantime ...
BK - is "no lynch" an option in this game?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] i will be in and out all day. as per my usual, i may sit in the thread just so i have an idea of what the last post i read was, but not sure how much posting i will get to do or when [/ooc]
Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM   #49
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Our beloved Minstrel speaks with a truth that is beyond his comprehension regarding the necessity of working on our monument to our Savior. Remember what is said my children - idle hand's are the devil's tool. While I understand the desire to root out the forces of darkness that our Lord God has told me in a sacred vision have taken root amongst you, I must caution you with words of great hope: God has not forsaken you! Although he confirmed to me the existence of dark forces at work in your fair village, he also told me that he has sent his angels to watch over you, garbed in the cloak of humanity, to do battle with Lucifer's minions. The final battle may take place here children! The Archangel Gabriel is here amongst you, along with a heavenly host, to do battle on your behalf!

However our Lord has made known to me that he will respect the wishes of his children in all things. If you should cast out an angel from the congregation he will return to the heavens to fight no more. You must choose carefully.

I invite you all to gather tonight on the steps of what will be our glorious cathedral in order to review the day's work and examine the purity of our congregation.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #50
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Checking in, I have no idea what the rules are yet, so let me get on that.

Oh, and I'm a stonemason, so don't piss me off or I'll start chucking large rocks at you.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote