Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should FOFC create a separate Forum for all Iraq/War related threads?
Yes 10 37.04%
No 17 62.96%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2003, 05:15 PM   #1
kcchief19
Pro Starter

A Suggestion for the Powers That Be

I understand that people come here for a variety of reasons and I'm all for the diversity FOFC offers. While not all the topics addressed here may appeal to me, I certainly respect the rights of all the people who come here to post what they may.

With that being said, I come to FOFC for several reasons, chief among them as a diversion and to learn about topics and experiences from people with similar interest. I imagine there are a lot of other people that come here to get away from everything and relax.

It's hard to do that with so many Iraq threads. It's less like visiting FOFC and more like going to FoxNews.com. What would be the harm in creating a separate Iraq/War forum? Those who want to get involved in the debates or share news could still do that without chasing away the members who are tired of hearing about the war.

I'm sure someone will say, "Just don't read those threads." It's not that simple. If you're looking for a sanctuary away from the war and every third thread is about the war, it's hard to ignore those threads.

There are clearly members who have stopped coming by here in recent days and weeks, some publicly and some quietly. Moving this discussion to another forum sure would be a good way to keep people hear and having fun when all of us could use a diversion.

This was the exact reason that we created the College Football and PC/Console Forums, to keep those threads from dominating the board and driving away people. I can't believe that I'm the only one who feels the same way about this situation. If I am, that's fine.

kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
couriers

Didn't we just have this discussion about Hattrick as well?
Old 03-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #3
astralhaze
College Prospect

there should be a seperate forum for every thread
Old 03-29-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I don't *war* think that *iraq* there are that *UN* many war *bagdhad* threads here *Bush*.

signed,
subliminal man
Old 03-29-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
ACStrider
High School JV

aw let this one slide...it's a part of the reason why I come here. It's good to read the war posts alongside of the everyday humor/gaming/everything else posts. Just like the news of the day, it will come and pass.