Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #251
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Decent enough finish I thought,although I agree with a comment I saw from one blogger who said he felt like we'd really just watched an extended pilot instead of a season. A darned good pilot with tons of promise, but where we end up next remains to be seen.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #252
samifan24
Pro Starter

I thought the finale was ok but not as good as the two episodes which preceded it.

Spoiler
Old 12-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #253
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: samifan spoiler -- Fits into the whole "not really thinking clearly all the time" aspect we've discussed here.

Meanwhile, in the suspension-of-disbelief category, I'll just say that I love their great choice in parking spaces & proximity to the building
Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #254
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
re: samifan spoiler -- Fits into the whole "not really thinking clearly all the time" aspect we've discussed here.

I guess I can go along with that explanation but it did cause me to stop and think about the logic while watching. The writing has been very uneven all season. Too bad the season was so short.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:15 PM   #255
Subby
lolzcat

Opening scene was probably the best 5 minutes of the show so far. Extremely intense.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 AM   #256
thesloppy
Pro Starter

My biggest suspension of belief again came down to the concept of gas being scarce. Jenner's melodramatic screaming to the sky about the foolishness of our dependence on fossil fuels might've made some sense if he was alone, talking to himself, but with all his new friends there, I would've amended my speech to something along the lines of "Hey, you guys should go get me some gas, so this place doesn't blow up and kill us all."
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 12-06-2010 at 03:35 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 AM   #257
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
My biggest suspension of belief again came down to the concept of gas being scarce. Jenner's melodramatic screaming to the sky about the foolishness of our dependence on fossil fuels might've made some sense if he was alone, talking to himself, but with all his new friends there, I would've amended my speech to something along the lines of "Hey, you guys should go get me some gas, so this place doesn't blow up and kill us all."

this
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:51 AM   #258
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

Exactly what I was thinking.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #259
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

Oh, yeah, this, too, but I forgot about this as soon as the grenade came along.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 AM   #260
gi
College Prospect

I don't think it's that much of a reach to say that gas ran out after over a month off the grid with no refils, refining, or transportation being available.

Plus the story did setup that gas was a very limited resource. (plot device)

The final interaction between the old man and the lady was a great moment. I felt the actors really sold that scene.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:00 AM   #261
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I had no issue with this. Jenner was a broken man at this point. He had pretty much given up. He killed his wife and promised her that he would do everything he could to find a cure and not make her death useless like so many others. She was brilliant and he was going to make sure he could make her proud, make her death meaningful. He fucked up. A stupid mistake on his part led to the de-contamination of the room and the destruction of all of the samples.

You take his wife's death, everything that had happened, his failure pile it all up and he clearly wasn't in his right mind. He was ready to die. He wanted to die. He thought that would be the best fate for Rick and his crew as well.

He wasn't in "Mad Max" mode anymore. He didn't care about the sweet, precious juice. He didn't care about keeping the CDC up and running. He wanted out. He wanted to end the pain. Quick and simple. He thought he was doing these people a favor by offering them a quick, painless escape from the hell and misery they were living in.

He also didn't think that he could open the front and wasn't aware they had the grenade.

So, yeah, if he were still sane and in "survival mode", I could see this being a big "suspension of disbelief" moment, but given where he was mentally and emotionally, not at all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #262
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
Plus the story did setup that gas was a very limited resource. (plot device)

They don't seem to have any trouble with it - they've been driving back and forth to Atlanta throughout the show, in all kinds of vehicles, with no trouble. Clearly they are getting it from somewhere.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 AM   #263
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
They don't seem to have any trouble with it - they've been driving back and forth to Atlanta throughout the show, in all kinds of vehicles, with no trouble. Clearly they are getting it from somewhere.

While they could get gas by siphoning off of other cars, how would Jenner go out and get gas by himself, even if he wanted to, which, as explained above, I don't think he had much interest in after the last samples of his wife were destroyed.

While I am no expert at all on "gas", do we even know that the gas they use in cars would have been able to run the generator? Perhaps it's some special compound or something.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 AM   #264
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
So, yeah, if he were still sane and in "survival mode", I could see this being a big "suspension of disbelief" moment, but given where he was mentally and emotionally, not at all.

This.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 AM   #265
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
While they could get gas by siphoning off of other cars, how would Jenner go out and get gas by himself, even if he wanted to, which, as explained above, I don't think he had much interest in after the last samples of his wife were destroyed.

While I am no expert at all on "gas", do we even know that the gas they use in cars would have been able to run the generator? Perhaps it's some special compound or something.

Definitely, it could be some kind of fuel oil or something. I don't think we're asking for much here - just the idea that someone would think of it. It wouldn't even have to be Jenner - once they found the empty drums having one of the survivors say "Maybe we could get some more gas" would be enough for me. The reason it's so immersion-breaking is that no one even considered it, even though there would have to be gas stations within a couple miles.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #266
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The reason it's so immersion-breaking is that no one even considered it, even though there would have to be gas stations within a couple miles.

Considering they were completely freaked by the need to avoid being outside until they faced becoming crispy critters, my impression is that the zombie horde is considerably larger & more active in the area surrounding the CDC than the handful of extras we've been shown.

And with 30 minutes left on the clock, I really don't see any way they could have gotten out, avoided being eaten, found gas, siphoned gas, avoided the shuffling dead, and bought themselves another hour.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:14 AM   #267
Swaggs
Coordinator

The gas thing doesn't bug me at all because Jenner screwed them by not letting them know until there was less than an hour left.

By that time, they were hungover, would have had to figure out what type of fuel, find containers (large enough to meaningfully extend their time), find enough fuel on the outside (while dodging zombies), a way to transport them (full of fuel) down to the basement, and then figure out how to get their new fuel running through the system. I think my reaction would have been to get the fuck out, rather than try to pull that off in 59 minutes or less.

If Jenner had told them the night before that it was imperative for them to get up early and find fuel and they react the way they did, then you have a plot hole, in my opinion.

Last edited by Swaggs : 12-06-2010 at 09:14 AM.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #268
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Considering they were completely freaked by the need to avoid being outside until they faced becoming crispy critters, my impression is that the zombie horde is considerably larger & more active in the area surrounding the CDC than the handful of extras we've been shown.

And with 30 minutes left on the clock, I really don't see any way they could have gotten out, avoided being eaten, found gas, siphoned gas, avoided the shuffling dead, and bought themselves another hour.

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
The gas thing doesn't bug me at all because Jenner screwed them by not letting them know until there was less than an hour left.

By that time, they were hungover, would have had to figure out what type of fuel, find containers (large enough to meaningfully extend their time), find enough fuel on the outside (while dodging zombies), a way to transport them (full of fuel) down to the basement, and then figure out how to get their new fuel running through the system. I think my reaction would have been to get the fuck out, rather than try to pull that off in 59 minutes or less.

If Jenner had told them the night before that it was imperative for them to get up early and find fuel and they react the way they did, then you have a plot hole, in my opinion.

And yes.

Given how much time they had when they finally realized what was going on, I think "getting more fuel" was not an option. The only realistic options were try to get out or stay and die. The idea of trying to get more gas never even ocurred to me.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #269
Easy Mac

Why did he get ready to shoot himself in the head in the last episode when the he knew the whole thing was going to explode in less than 24 hours?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #270
Easy Mac

Also, they were eating dinner before Jim got bit. Given the time the sun sets in atlanta in July, that places their eating around 10 pm or so. The next day, they were caravaning out to Atlanta some time after the sun rose (seemingly a while after). That would mean that it took Jim well over 8 hours to turn, which would destroy the doc's estimation of 3 min to 8 hours.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #271
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Also, they were eating dinner before Jim got bit. Given the time the sun sets in atlanta in July, that places their eating around 10 pm or so. The next day, they were caravaning out to Atlanta some time after the sun rose (seemingly a while after). That would mean that it took Jim well over 8 hours to turn, which would destroy the doc's estimation of 3 min to 8 hours.

Yeah, it would. I think they were right to have Jenner say that the re-animation time varied so wildly. Gives them plenty of room to play with and can ratchet up the tension at any time.

While I tend to be pretty forgiving, the one thing that does bother me is the fact that they are driving so many different cars. It looked like at the end of the show, their caravan had at least 4 and I believe it was 5 different vehicles. With gas obviously being an issue, if not now, definitely later, why have 5 cars, including one massive RV, for so few people? I understand the desire to have at least one, perhaps two, other cars than the rickety old RV, but 5?

Oh well. Small nits. It definitely doesn't detract that much from the show. I really enjoy it and can't believe I have to wait 10 months or so until the next episode. Bummer.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #272
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I thought it was 3 minutes to 8 hours after they died. Jim is the guy they left by the side of the road, right?
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #273
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I guess I can go along with that explanation but it did cause me to stop and think about the logic while watching. The writing has been very uneven all season. Too bad the season was so short.

For what it's worth: Jenner did say the door could withstand a rocket launcher attack.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #274
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I thought it was 3 minutes to 8 hours after they died. Jim is the guy they left by the side of the road, right?

Ah, that is right. That was the re-animation time and we never saw Jim die.

The only person we saw die and re-animate was Amy and that seemed to fit within the 8 hour time frame.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #275
gi
College Prospect

Quote:

Before the CDC opened it's doors and the group was in a panic as to what to do, it was mentioned that there gas supply was very low.

They didn't have enough gas to get to Fort Benning.

They also took all the gas from the mustang because there was a great need.

Rick had to use a horse because gas was out everywhere he looked.

Of course as was mentioned, having 5 cars when 1 or 2 would suffice causes me to raise an eyebrow. I'm thinking some of the people wanted independance from the group if needed. Or the director liked a shot of a lot of cars leaving the CDC.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #276
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
For what it's worth: Jenner did say the door could withstand a rocket launcher attack.

I loved how, even after hearing that fact, Darryl still kept trying to take an axe to it.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM   #277
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
I loved how, even after hearing that fact, Darryl still kept trying to take an axe to it.

It was great and completely fit the character.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #278
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Yes! That was very good. The guy playing Darryl is doing an awesome job.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #279
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Even if they're stuck only siphoning gas off vehicles, and suggesting that it's tough to find in bulk, there's just as many suggestions that there is still plenty to go around. The shot with Rick approaching Atlanta on horseback also had thousands of outbound vehicles heading in the other direction. Those vehicles obviously had gas when they started, and I can't imagine everybody involved left their engines and AC running. Likewise, as someone else noted, if gas is in short supply, everybody getting to drive their own choice of wildly inefficient vehicles manufactured in the '80s presents it's own problems of disbelief.

Hell, that generator was running off of a 55 gallon fuel drum, and every tank they pass by represents about 500 gallons of fuel.

...wouldn't know where you could find one (or two) of those, though...

As mentioned above, I'd buy just about any excuse for why the doc was ready to die and/or ignore the fuel supply, but there's no discernible reason why one of Rick's crew shouldn't have at least asked about the possibility.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #280
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
As mentioned above, I'd buy just about any excuse for why the doc was ready to die and/or ignore the fuel supply, but there's no discernible reason why one of Rick's crew shouldn't have at least asked about the possibility.

Other than the fact that once they realized that there was no gas left and what would happen when the clock expired there was about 30 minutes left. As noted above, it'd pretty much be impossible to get out there, get enough gas, avoid zombies, get back, get it back down to the generator room and hook it up.

Sure, I guess someone could have had a throw away line like, "Can't we just go out and get more gas for it?" and then have someone else shoot it down for the blatantly obvious reasons, but they had some more pressing matters to attend to like, getting Jenner - who had made up his mind that, like Roy Batty, it was "time to die" - to even open that door in the first place.

Quote:
Hell, that generator was running off of a 55 gallon fuel drum, and every tank they pass by represents about 500 gallons of fuel..

Again, assuming that (1) the tanks have any gas left in them and (2) that the gas that runs the tanks would run the generator.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 12-06-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #281
Swaggs
Coordinator

Realistically, with under an hour to complete the task, how long do you think it would take to get one 55-gallon (gasoline weighs about 6 lbs per gallon according to my google research) syphoned and carried downstairs and set up while fighting off zombies (and waiting for the drum to fill from the syphon)?

You have 3-4 pretty healthy, fit guys and then Glen and the older guy to carry the drum (which probably weighs close to 400 lbs between the gas and drum), probably only 2-3 can handle it at a time based on its size (not sure if it has handles), and several of them or the women will have to shoot at the zombies. Maybe there is a hand truck/dolly or cart that can lift 400 lbs somewhere, but it still isn't going to be easy to handle it.

I don't see why so many people think it is such a slam dunk that folks could pull this off in under an hour. Again, if Jenner had told them the situation the night before or early that morning, it would be worth trying, but not with the time given and knowing that you get de-atomized if you fail.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:20 PM   #282
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Yes! That was very good. The guy playing Darryl is doing an awesome job.
From a Q&A with Kirkman (spoilers in the link):

Q: Who is your favorite character so far in the TV series, and does it differ from your favorite character in the comic? -- Megan Wallace

A: I hate to play favorites, and everybody's doing a good job, but screw it: Daryl Dixon is probably my favorite character. And there's a very clear reason for this... He's new to me and he's exciting to me. Rick is super-exciting for the viewers, but I know Rick. I've been writing Rick for almost eight years... Norman Reedus playing Daryl, he's just a great addition to the cast. I love his behavior, I love his dialogue, I love his crossbow! I'm so jealous that I haven't had anybody use a crossbow in the comic book. I was totally asleep at the wheel on that one. I need to get some crossbow action in the comic now!

Old 12-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #283
samifan24
Pro Starter

Did T-Dog ever get a proper name? Also, did I miss a relationship between T-Dog and the black woman who stayed behind? It sounded like she called him "honey" or "dear" or something similar when the group were leaving the main room. Did I just miss the fact that they were in a relationship?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #284
Easy Mac

What I loved from the Chud.com write-up:

Quote:
This week’s The Walking Dead included the saddest moment I have ever seen on a television show. As Dale stands by Andrea, tearfully telling her that he would rather be dead than face the world without her, the Black Lady stands just off to the side, acutely aware that nobody gave all that much of a shit about her staying behind inside the CDC and getting incinerated. That’s tough, having such irrefutable proof that nobody cares about you. Including the writing staff.

Re: the clock. Why did the doc keep working until nearly the end given the clock? I know the lab blew up the day before we see the clock, but he already seemed to believe no one else was out there he could benefit from the cure. He saw the clock every day, he had to have know he had at most a week or two of power left. Why freak out only once the lab blows, since it was a pointless endeavor. It just seems like a lazy plot device that makes the doc's actions pointless until our survivors come and imperils them.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #285
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
What I loved from the Chud.com write-up:

Re: the clock. Why did the doc keep working until nearly the end given the clock? I know the lab blew up the day before we see the clock, but he already seemed to believe no one else was out there he could benefit from the cure. He saw the clock every day, he had to have know he had at most a week or two of power left. Why freak out only once the lab blows, since it was a pointless endeavor. It just seems like a lazy plot device that makes the doc's actions pointless until our survivors come and imperils them.

I got the feeling that he would have tried to take the samples and continue the work off site of the CDC. I think it was the samples being destroyed that gave him a release from his promise. The CDC just allowed him to have more hope to carry out his promise.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #286
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did T-Dog ever get a proper name? Also, did I miss a relationship between T-Dog and the black woman who stayed behind? It sounded like she called him "honey" or "dear" or something similar when the group were leaving the main room. Did I just miss the fact that they were in a relationship?

I had assumed he turns into Tyreese (or assumes much of that character's role from the comics) but some Googling seems to indicate a strong belief that isn't going to be the case.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #287
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

No, T-Dog is still T-Dog.

I don't think they had a relationship. She was always portrayed as being pretty maternal. She was the one primarily taking care of Jim when he was sick, she was rubbing Glenn's back when he had a headache, etc. She had a caregiver personality and I think just calling T-Dog "honey" or "dear" was just an extension of that. I am sure they bonded along the way.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #288
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Now THAT is what you call a successful launch. Most watched basic cable drama series ever.

New York, NY – December 6, 2010 – Sunday night’s finale of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” attracted four million viewers in the Adult 18-49 demo. With a series average of 3.5 million Adults 18-49, “The Walking Dead” is the most watched drama series in basic cable history for the demo.* The finale was the most-watched episode of the season, garnering a 4.1 HH rating and attracting six million total viewers. The final episode ranks first for Adults 18-49 delivery among basic cable for a drama series.

*Source: NMR (1993-12/05/2010), Adults 18-49, program indicator general drama, ad supported cable networks.

Key Ratings Highlights for the finale of The Walking Dead:

* 10pm airing – 4.1 HH rating with more than 6 million total viewers;
* 10 pm, 11:00 pm and 1am airings – Gross audience to a 5.7 HH rating with 8.1 million total viewers;
* Adults 18-49 – 4 million viewers;
* Adults 25-54 – 3.5 million viewers.

“Walking Dead” Finale Draws 6 Million Viewers, 3.0 Adults 18-49 Rating
Old 12-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #289
Travis
Pro Rookie

Any thoughts on what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear? I'm kind of assuming there was likely video evidence of how Shane got those scratches that Jenner was privy to. The bigger question (if I'm right there) is whether or not there was the accompanying audio to supply the back story or if that looked like it could have been a first/one time situation.

That or it could be totally unrelated to any of the main characters and be some sort of hint on where to go next, etc, but I'm leaning more towards a character confrontation setup.

Last edited by Travis : 12-06-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #290
gkb
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Any thoughts on what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear? I'm kind of assuming there was likely video evidence of how Shane got those scratches that Jenner was privy to. The bigger question (if I'm right there) is whether or not there was the accompanying audio to supply the back story or if that looked like it could have been a first/one time situation.

That or it could be totally unrelated to any of the main characters and be some sort of hint on where to go next, etc, but I'm leaning more towards a character confrontation setup.

I think that's a good guess. My first thoughts, and I haven't read the comics so I'm just guessing, was that it had something to do with the virus or whatever it is that causes zombies. Something along the lines of, "Eventually it'll go airborne."

Your guess is better...
Old 12-06-2010, 04:13 PM   #291
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

Q: Who is your favorite character so far in the TV series, and does it differ from your favorite character in the comic? -- Megan Wallace

A: I hate to play favorites, and everybody's doing a good job, but screw it: Daryl Dixon is probably my favorite character. And there's a very clear reason for this... He's new to me and he's exciting to me. Rick is super-exciting for the viewers, but I know Rick. I've been writing Rick for almost eight years... Norman Reedus playing Daryl, he's just a great addition to the cast. I love his behavior, I love his dialogue, I love his crossbow! I'm so jealous that I haven't had anybody use a crossbow in the comic book. I was totally asleep at the wheel on that one. I need to get some crossbow action in the comic now!

Awesome! I like the Daryl character much better than his brother, even though I do like the actor that played his brother. I hope Daryl is one of the longer lasting characters in the series.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #292
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I think someone is pregnant. Andrea was puking her head off after she was done in the shower and they all had blood work done. I'm guessing and I haven't read any of the comic series, just putting two and two together. However, I could be way off base.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #293
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any thoughts on what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear?

My guess was that he directed them toward another location, or offered some other guidance on their next move that will set up the next conflict among the core group.

My other guess is that Andrea is infected but that it's some sort of dormant strain or something along those lines.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #294
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I think someone is pregnant. Andrea was puking her head off after she was done in the shower and they all had blood work done. I'm guessing and I haven't read any of the comic series, just putting two and two together. However, I could be way off base.

Actually, I think this is it, but I don't think it's Andrea, though that would make sense. I think it could be Lori, which could make the baby Shane's.

Awkward!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #295
samifan24
Pro Starter

I was wondering if Andrea was infected, too, but then Jenner said all the blood screens came back negative for the virus.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #296
Subby
lolzcat

FWIW the CDC story line completely departs from the comic so it's anyone's guess there.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:35 PM   #297
MikeVic
Head Coach

Loved that the grenade came back!!!!!!!!!!! I had that complaint as a joke after every episode since the first one (where he got it). I wanna see zombies being blowned up!!! And then all of a sudden, grenade! Hahaha, that was awesome.

The fuel thing is yeah, confusing. And I still don't really get why no zombie ate Rick during all that time. They could open a door and get over the bed, no?

Really curious about what was whispered in Rick's ear too. I thought it was about someone being infected.

Kinda odd that the older black woman and the black man were a couple or something? Mom/son? I didn't think there was a connection there, but she called him honey or something?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 AM   #298
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
I was wondering if Andrea was infected, too, but then Jenner said all the blood screens came back negative for the virus.
Actually, what Jenner said was "Nothing unexpected". I just got to watch this tonight and that line really jumped out at me as three possible conclusions.

1. The blond is infected.
2. Rick's wife is preggers.
3. Rick is somehow oddly infected, and he's been zed since the beginning, just very differently.

Last edited by Tasan : 12-07-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Tasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #299
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Hoping they sign Norman Reedus as a cast regular for next season. Between him and the old guy, that's the only real acting they've got in this show. The guy who plays Shane sucks, Lori sucks, Rick is ok. Well, time to stop thinking about this for 9 months.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 AM   #300
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

The premise of this show, and thus the overall story, is so strong that it overcame a lot of little issues that popped up during the six episodes. I mean, the part where Shane was drinking in the shower made the group I watched with laugh which I don't think was the intent. It was just so damn melodramatic the way it was contrasted with Rick and Lori's shower.

I worry that as the show goes on, the novelty wears off, and the holes just bigger. Still hoping that doesn't happen and anxiously waiting for next season.