Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #801
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Caught up. I really like how Crim's doing his homework (or at least putting a lot of time into the game). Anyhow, that's good enough for me and he was right on when he did his homework on Neon. MrBug's responses sounds eerily similar to Neon's responses when Crim caught Neon in a lie.

VOTE MRBUG708
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #802
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I can. I think he panicked.

Hmm. Possible.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #803
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I echo it. If you're trying to save your skin no matter what your role is, you'll do what you can

I might have faked a role, but I don't know if I would have been specific.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:36 PM   #804
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes. Why would the wolves continuously leave the admitted Duke alive? Obviously he's alive for a reason which is probably that he's not really who he says he is. The problem that Chief also alluded to was why the real Duke didn't come forward and just have him killed instead....

See, this is exactly why I advocated the DT vote. Would have avoided this argument. Either DT would be FIRMLY in the COT (good for us) or he'd be a lynched liar (good for us), with Neon quickly to follow on Day Three (good for us).

As it is, we don't really know, do we?

sigh.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #805
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief - no problem with coming up with theories. But that kind of falls into the "new player thinking he has three wolves in a web" school of thought. I'm just hoping I'm not falling prey to a slightly different trap by thinking I have four trusted players (Crim, Torgo, Olie, and Bug - with some variance in confidence levels) in a game where is no seer.

Molson - love the "spiking on the ten" analogy

Path, and other speculating on the goth thing - the reveal came with ten minutes left. The wolves would have had numbers to process their order, but was the bodyguard a good bet to be around and also change his vote? Keep in mind that the real seer (RPI) posted just after Neon's fake reveal, but not again before the deadline. That seems very strange to me, but I had the benefit of reading along after the clock was no longer running since I was out earlier that night. I'm sure it was a pressure-cooker for a lot of people as the votes moved around.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #806
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I see your point on a couple of things needing to come together for Neon as the convert - and I'm definitely in the camp that has been discussing this topic. I reached the above conclusion on the way home tonight.

I realize it doesn't matter much in the long run, but sometimes I just get interested in tangents and have to try and figure them out.

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #807
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My essential point was that there is no point debating DT's trust or how we can use him. If he is really the duke, he will very likely soon be dead at wolf hands. If he continues to live, he's probably not the duke. And the combination of him continuing to live and the real duke knowing he's not the duke will lead the duke to "duke" the vote onto him. In other words, either he is the duke and dies by wolf hands, or he is a wolf playing at duke and will soon die at real duke's hands. Either way, he's not long for this game, so what good is it discussing strategy around using him as a point of trust?

Chief, I do see your point, but I just don't agree. If we're stuck on "DT might be a wolf" then the suspicions and support he's posted thus far are useless, or even harmful. The sooner we know for sure, the sooner we'll be able to (somewhat) more confidently move people up and down our list.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #808
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Votes as of Post #759:

Telle - Cronin (683), Hoops (718), Olie (723), Pass (756)
Oliegirl - Telle (715), DNA (752)
Purdue - Eagle (620)
MrBug - Molson (679) DaddyTogo (774)

Apparently, Crim is voting for MrBug as well, so we're at 4-3, for all intents and purposes.
DT - Purdue (732)

Thought I did in my opus magnus. Sorry if not.

VOTE MRBUG708
Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #809
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, who knew there was a 2nd Kathy Griffin fan in the FOFC community?

like Pretty on Kathy Griffin?
like Sober on Lindsey Lohan?
like Skinny on Kirstey Alley?
like Brainy on Jessica Simpson?
the possibilities are endless ...
Old 09-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #810
molson
General Manager

Soooo at the moment, I believe we have a tie.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #811
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Much better worded than my attempt. +1, this is what I had been trying to say, but I doesn't talk good.

I hope you keep playing.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:45 PM   #812
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Crim, always nice to see other players go dumpster diving through old posts.

One notion that you called up that I would dispute - I am pretty sure that the wolves would be very familiar with the mechanics of both their role and the Goths. Even if one of them wasn't paying attention, they have teammates who will PM/IM each other to strategize. I would actually, in a reverse sort of way, credit MrBug for making a mistake on the wolf/goth relationship.

I'm wavering, Hoops, mostly because of the esteem you're held in as a villager, and because you were an early supporter of my innocence as well.

But, look, what I'm getting at is that Bug is an experienced (if rusty) player, and I agree a wolf would know the mechanics. I think he's been playing dumb.

BUG: Don't take offense at that phrasing, please, I don't know how else to get my point across, other than that idiom.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #813
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
C
One notion that you called up that I would dispute - I am pretty sure that the wolves would be very familiar with the mechanics of both their role and the Goths. Even if one of them wasn't paying attention, they have teammates who will PM/IM each other to strategize. I would actually, in a reverse sort of way, credit MrBug for making a mistake on the wolf/goth relationship.

That's what struck me also. I see where Crim is trying to go, but I actually felt a little better about Mr.Bug after that analysis. But I didn't go into it assuming he was bad.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:49 PM   #814
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Six reasons DT could still be alive, even if the wolves are on him like Pretty on Kathy Griffin.

Pumpy is going to be jealous.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM   #815
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Telle 4- Cronin (683), Hoops (718), Olie (723), Pass (756)
MrBug 4- Molson (679), Torgo (774), RaidersArmy (801), Crim (808)
Oliegirl 2- Telle (715), DNA (752)
Purdue 1- Eagle (620)
DT 1- Purdue (732)

Last edited by Lathum : 09-07-2007 at 08:59 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:53 PM   #816
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crim, I'm reading the same posts you are and I think I've played all of one game with MrBug. What I'm getting at is that you should vote where you think you are best served, with or without my permission/approval/whatever.

We're coming up with different conclusions on a guy - it happens. But the fact that there is a tie involving a person I think is good means that I'm going to be locked in on Telle, barring some kind of "Night 1" type of reveal.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #817
path12
Coordinator

Yeesh. Not thrilled with the top two. I'll check back a little before deadline and switch to avoid a tie, but I'm going more with my gut.

VOTE PURDUE BRAD

I thought he seemed a little overenthusiastic also.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #818
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have a hard time getting past that. He didn't have a "need" to reveal when he did. At best (most innocent), he just miscounted the votes and quite humorously revealed himself when he thought he was the leading vote-getter. Not only was he TWO votes away from the lead, but he was only tied for second place with someone else.

It was like a football player spiking the ball when he only reached the 10 yard line.

Sorry for the off-topicness:

Old 09-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #819
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, you have two Crim votes on Bug - should be a four/four tie unless he has a wicked-cool voting power.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #820
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think this logic is poor, at best. There are several mechanisms for a villager to avoid divulging his entrails on a given night in this game. I am not on board with your statement at all, Chief.

Well, I overreached in saying automatically vote for him. There are few times I actually think like that, usualyl changing as new evidence comes about. But it would be another pebble in the "DT is a duke-faking wolf" theory. Like I said, though, either way, he is likely dead, be it by the wolves or the real duke.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #821
path12
Coordinator

OK, the video was hilarious.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #822
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, very funny stuff Crim.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #823
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm not sure about this cronin/hoops thing or why if hoops trusts Crim he's voting for Telle. I don't want a tie so I'll switch my vote so we're sure to get a lynch tonight...but I think Crim laid out the case for MrBug pretty well. Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #824
Telle
College Starter

Trying to catch up.. looks like I'm not currently in the lead.. who has yet to vote?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #825
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, you have two Crim votes on Bug - should be a four/four tie unless he has a wicked-cool voting power.

thats because crim voted twice

Last edited by Lathum : 09-07-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #826
path12
Coordinator

Chief, any thoughts on Telle/Mr.Bug? I'm just not getting it.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #827
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd just as well like to accuse Crim of being it but that would get us no where. Obviously anything I say will ultimately get a response that is backed with "I just had a feeling"

So in the interest of self preservation

Vote - Telle

I have no rhyme or reason for voting for Telle at this point moreso then anyone else (besides spite for missing the boat; seriously Crim, you like to search find out when I last played Werewolf) but I gotta do what I gotta do
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #828
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

considering switching from bug to telle. Really i'd be happy with a vote on either of them, although i'm still pondering whether or not to duke to someone else...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM   #829
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I'd just as well like to accuse Crim of being it but that would get us no where. Obviously anything I say will ultimately get a response that is backed with "I just had a feeling"

So in the interest of self preservation

Vote - Telle

I have no rhyme or reason for voting for Telle at this point moreso then anyone else (besides spite for missing the boat; seriously Crim, you like to search find out when I last played Werewolf) but I gotta do what I gotta do

UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE MRBUG

Self-preservation right back at ya.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #830
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd get ready to go on the defensive Crim, you seem awful anxious to convict a villager
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #831
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
From post 1:

Seriously? Here's six mechanisms, Bug. Six reasons DT could still be alive, even if the wolves are on him like Pretty on Kathy Griffin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE MRBUG

Self-preservation right back at ya.

Hey, nothjing persona;
Old 09-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #832
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'm heading out to a walk; good luck with the decisions
Old 09-07-2007, 09:04 PM   #833
Telle
College Starter

I said before the game even started that I was going to be rather busy and probably won't have my spreadsheets going this game.

I wasn't sure I'd get back on today and needed to vote for someone before I took off.. there weren't any strong candidates, and so I decided to go for someone that hadn't really been on anyone's radar but did make a mistake and thus gave something to think about.

Any other "incriminating" things that anybody wants me to respond to?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #834
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
thats because crim voted twice

LOL it's molson's fault!!!!!!11!!1

Quote:
Votes as of Post #759:

Telle - Cronin (683), Hoops (718), Olie (723), Pass (756)
Oliegirl - Telle (715), DNA (752)
Purdue - Eagle (620)
MrBug - Molson (679) DaddyTogo (774)

Apparently, Crim is voting for MrBug as well, so we're at 4-3, for all intents and purposes.
DT - Purdue (732)
Old 09-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #835
RendeR
Coordinator

HRm, I'm in a seriously tough stpo here.

I live with Telle, sleeping on teh couch if I get her lynched does not sound particularly apealing

But the case against Bug while circumstantial, really isn't swaying me. he just seems like he's been away from the game and needs to refresh himself on how things roll.

Can we lynch someone besides those two so I don't have to pick between a villager and my wife?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #836
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

maybe i'll duke to crim to thank him for that video :-P
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #837
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I'm not sure about this cronin/hoops thing or why if hoops trusts Crim he's voting for Telle. I don't want a tie so I'll switch my vote so we're sure to get a lynch tonight...but I think Crim laid out the case for MrBug pretty well. Thoughts?

Just because I think one person is a villager doesn't mean that I absolutely support their conclusions.

I'm less confident that Telle is good than I am that Bug is good. So I'll stick on Telle. If Bug (or other players that I semi-trust) is not in the tie then I would consider moving off of Telle over to PurdueBrad as the only other candidate who has multiple votes.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #838
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

I live with Telle, sleeping on teh couch if I get her lynched does not sound particularly apealing

But the case against Bug while circumstantial, really isn't swaying me. he just seems like he's been away from the game and needs to refresh himself on how things roll.

Can we lynch someone besides those two so I don't have to pick between a villager and my wife?

we could lynch you
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #839
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

UNVOTE BUG
Old 09-07-2007, 09:07 PM   #840
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Look at the bright side -- if she's really a wolf she might be very impressed by your mad deductive skillz......
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM   #841
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
we could lynch you

You could, but I've already wasted a kill shot on a villager by mistake, why compound it by taking out another villager?

I mean you can, go for it, but its another wasted night if you lynch me.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #842
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

more of a joke render
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #843
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Heh. Right after I say I think the opposite. Gotta love WW.

Chief, can you ever imagine making a move like that day 1 if you're a wolf?

Actually, Pass and I made exactly that move in the last game.

But there was some things in our favor. No items to throw things off. And we already knew Lathum was the BG and could use our past experience with him to guess on whether he would be "sly" and not protect himself after a reveal. Finally, we knew we had a conversion in a relatively small game, as well as a sympathizer (Telle hadn't bought it yet). So it was a decent ploy to be bold there. Plus, I was convinced (rightly, as I was "seer" outed a day later) that I am often one of the first people scanned, so I was going to be caught soon anyway. We had already set that I would do the killing. We also knew by the rules that Lathum wasn't a lock to stop us or recognize us.

So there were a lot of mitigating circumstances. I think there was far more of a chance we could pull it off, then the wolves had here. I think going for NC (if they chose to do that) was beyond "bold", and well into "rash". Since groups of players usually don't make rash decisions like that, but talk it through, I am guessing they didn't choose to do that.

All of which means NC was an original wolf who made a panic play.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #844
molson
General Manager

Quote:
LOL it's molson's fault!!!!!!11!!1

I blame hoops.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #845
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'd get ready to go on the defensive Crim, you seem awful anxious to convict a villager

Yah, I'm aware I've hitched my trailer to you pretty securely, Bug. I hope like hell I'm right if you go down tonight. Not so much because of worrying about the village turning on me, but more because I'd feel bad about it. Maybe that's stupid, I don't know. So please please please be hairy?
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #846
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd be willing to go for RendeR tonight as well. I can't remember where someone else said it, but I think it's a distinct possibility that he's the goth.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #847
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

It's a game.. I wouldn't make you sleep on the couch. Actually.. I'd sleep on the couch and make you sleep with the baby

And you're not just picking between a villager and your wife.. your picking between a villager and a villager... or at least a villager and whatever MrBug is.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM   #848
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Hmm. Possible.

lol, all my posts expounding on things when if I move a couple more posts on, I see you have already acknowledged at least the possibility of my suggestion. Heh, sorry if I overdid it.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #849
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I blame hoops.

Gee, I never hear that in one of these games
Old 09-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #850
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I'd be willing to go for RendeR tonight as well. I can't remember where someone else said it, but I think it's a distinct possibility that he's the goth.

I'll go with it if it gets my neck off the chopping block