Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Minor League Championship trophys

We need to name the Minor League Championship trophys.
(Ok...we don't need to, but it would be cool and give us a chance to honor some past greats)

Right now it labels each players profile with...
"Won the 2109 FOOL Single A Round 1 with the Kershaw Gothams!" for example.

I suggest:
For the A championship the "Jose Salinas Championship Trophy" named after José Salinas who set all sorts of records with his .421 114VORP season in A ball and went on to be a 12 time Allstar and is waiting to be elected into the Hall of Fame .

For the AA championship the "Renaud Lemieux Chamionship Trophy" who had a great year in AA in 2025 with a 14-6 record and a 1.57 era as a 20yr old before making the jump the next year to the big leagues where he won 8 Prado's, apeared in 15 allstar games and was elected into the Hall of Fame.

For the AAA championship the "Vicente Betencourt Championship Trophy" named from Vicente Betancourt who dominated AAA for 3 years posting the 1st and 3rd best strikeout totals ever and a 53-19 record before moving on and winning 4 Prado Awards and making 7 allstar teams before entering the Hall of Fame.

I tried to select players who had an impact at their respective levels, while still being future greats. Another alternative would be to name them after career minor leaguers, who never made a big league impact, but who set career marks at various levels.

Does anyone have any other sugestions?

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

This is really cool, and I like the logic you applied to naming the trophies. I'm not sure naming them after a career minor leaguer would be as compelling as naming them after a Hall of Fame or future Hall of Famer. I endorse this idea, gj ek
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
kenjabroni
Mascot

Absolutely love this.....

I think its a great idea
Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
Tasan
College Starter

Sounds great. Alan, can we do this?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #5
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yes, we can kind of do this.

I can't name the trophy given, I can only name what the round is called. Such as our Championship is the "FOOL CLassic". So I can name the AAA Championship the "Betencourt Championship" or something else like the "Vicente Betencourt Cup" or whatever.

When a team wins, I don't think it even shows up in the Minor League news for teams as far as I can see. So the main place it would show up is in a player's history where it would read:

Won the 2112 FOOL Triple A Vicente Betancourt Championship with the (Team Name)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote