Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Batman: Arkham Knight

Purchased this today.. but I'm going out of town for the next couple of days so I'll save it for this weekend.

Who else wants to save Gotham City?

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:19 PM   #2
RainMaker
General Manager

What system are you getting it on? How does it play?

Was going to get it for the PC but heard it plays like crap on it. Might just wait awhile for the price to come down and get it on the PS4.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:54 PM   #3
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah hearing nothing but bad things about the PC version. the whole Batman: Arkham series feels like it should be right up my alley, but I find the fighting mechanism so boring/repetitive... is it unchanged in B:AK?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Purchased it on the XB1.

Here are a couple of reviews..

Batman: Arkham Knight review: the good fight | Polygon

Batman: Arkham Knight Review - IGN

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-23-2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #5
RainMaker
General Manager

Ehhh...Polygon is a joke and IGN is currently skinned with a Arkham Knight ad.

I'll wait for some let's play videos to pop up and see what people are saying on forums. Most of the talk seems to be about the PC version right now. Guess people haven't really gotten deep enough into the console versions to form opinions.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #6
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The Rock Paper Shotgun PC video is pretty damning, especially since you know that was on a high end gaming PC and it looked like it was being played on a Packard Bell circa 1998.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:31 AM   #7
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Yeah hearing nothing but bad things about the PC version. the whole Batman: Arkham series feels like it should be right up my alley, but I find the fighting mechanism so boring/repetitive... is it unchanged in B:AK?

The combat isn't very good, so if that's the main thing you're looking for it the game you probably won't like it any more than the previous games in the series. Early on the story, investigation, and side activities seem at least on par with previous games by Rocksteady but combat is still a weak point and I haven't really been enjoying the Batmobile sections so far.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:55 AM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

I've heard...really rough things about the PC version. Good thing all I care about on PC is sports sims and strategy games.

The PS4 version has been better received, but it's gotten some criticism for playing it safe and hewing too closely to tired tropes.

But, y'know. I don't play Batman games for the story so much as for the opportunity to play as the goddamn Batman.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:10 AM   #9
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

From the game page on Steam...

Quote:
Sales of Batman: Arkham Knight have been temporarily suspended while Warner Brothers works to address performance issues.

furthermore
Quote:
Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (404 - File or directory not found.. If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at Steam Help (Steam refund policies can be found here: Steam Refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

FM
Old 06-25-2015, 04:36 PM   #10
Lonnie
High School Varsity

I just bought a GTX 970 and Nvidia gave me a free game... Arkham Knight. No refunds on free. Wish they would have given me Witcher 3.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #11
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm really enjoying it so far. Took me time to figure out certain controls, but now I'm progressing at a steady pace.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #12
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I have loved what I have played of this series so far, but that has all been on PS3 (haven't upgraded to a 4 yet)...so I wanted to get this on PC, but it will certainly wait.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I can't stop playing.. sucks work week starts tomorrow.