Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #551
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I thought the silence would be for everybody the way I read it. Are you thinking it could be used just on individuals?

that's how I read it...just on one person.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:11 PM   #552
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This is really interesting.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #553
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I use random.org for all random number generation - original role decisions, any actions that have less than 100% chance of success, etc.

K thanks, wasn't sure how that worked in these games.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #554
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I thought the silence would be for everybody the way I read it. Are you thinking it could be used just on individuals?
Oh wow. I had read it as 1 person, but now looking at it you might be right. Hoops what's the ruling?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #555
hoopsguy
General Manager

One person is impacted by silence.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #556
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
also need to be aware that the seer could have his scan distorted and come back reversed..per the rules. so it could get tricky.

the seer needs to be 100% sure before a role reveal down the line or we could lose both the seer and a villager and not have any leads.

True but I don't think there's anyway the seer could be clouded on night one if I understand the roles correctly. I think the bad guy seer has to know who the good guy seer is before he can cloud his vision?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #557
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I read the silence as meant for the whole group.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:16 PM   #558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola-
and my info from last night is by no means in an effort to get the seer to reveal themselves.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #559
hoopsguy
General Manager

As a heads-up, I am going to the Sox/Cardinals game tonight (as a Cubs fan, this is some bizarre manifestation of self-loathing) and won't be around for the deadline. I can either ask someone to post results for me with the idea of having results processed at usual deadline or I can update them myself when I get home tonight. I'm looking for feedback on how you would like to see this proceed ... obviously later results makes it a little more challenging in terms of submitting night actions.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:20 PM   #560
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As a heads-up, I am going to the Sox/Cardinals game tonight (as a Cubs fan, this is some bizarre manifestation of self-loathing) and won't be around for the deadline. I can either ask someone to post results for me with the idea of having results processed at usual deadline or I can update them myself when I get home tonight. I'm looking for feedback on how you would like to see this proceed ... obviously later results makes it a little more challenging in terms of submitting night actions.

Doesn't matter to me.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #561
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

doesnt matter to me either way. If its not up tonight when I head to bed I will just check them and the night event out in the morning. I'm easy.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #562
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Don't matter to me.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #563
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
True but I don't think there's anyway the seer could be clouded on night one if I understand the roles correctly. I think the bad guy seer has to know who the good guy seer is before he can cloud his vision?

hoops - could you clarify this for us

also no matter on results.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #564
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Mainly because nothing would please me more than ripping out the throat of every necromancer I can find, and pissing on their mummified corpses.

In egypt you respect the dead once they have died. I find this post suspect.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #565
hoopsguy
General Manager

SnDvls - that restriction does not exist on the role. They do not have to know who the seer is to poison the vision. The restriction is that they can only use the power once per week.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #566
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
SnDvls - that restriction does not exist on the role. They do not have to know who the seer is to poison the vision. The restriction is that they can only use the power once per week.

Good thing I said something except now I have to cross Lathum off my "Pretty sure he's another good guy" list

Guess it's like the Pharaoh's order to the EG in that they don't need to know who it is...
Old 06-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #567
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Been meaning to ask about that. Is that game week or calendar week?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #568
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Been meaning to ask about that. Is that game week or calendar week?

Good follow up.
at least we are getting a good grasp of the rules and all the little neuoances (sp??) if nothing else today.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I don't see why they would poison the vision on night one. That doesn't make much sense
Old 06-20-2006, 12:39 PM   #570
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
I don't see why they would poison the vision on night one. That doesn't make much sense
I do. Use it early on the off chance it succeeds and then when it really counts you've got it reloaded.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #571
hoopsguy
General Manager

Game week, not calendar week. Good question.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I guess someone has to get the ball rolling. I know this is Chubby's first game, but it seems to me he is trying a little to hard to make it seem like he doesn't understand the rules and playing a little to naive.

Now I admire him for asking questions and trying to understand the game, it just seems like he is trying to come off as a little to non threatining.

for now

VOTE CHUBBY

subject to change
Old 06-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #573
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
In egypt you respect the dead once they have died. I find this post suspect.

Not when you're talking about a group of people who perform the ultimate defiling of corpses by animating them.

I find your hints of mercy towards the necromancers suspect.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:51 PM   #574
saldana
Pro Starter

Several points about the morning conversations, especially as it pertains to this section of the rules:

Necromancers do not know each other from the outset
- each one can attack on a given night
- a single Necromancer has a 50% chance of achieving a night kill alone. If there are two involved, that percentage rises to 100%.
- if they attack the Elite Guard, Mummy, or Avatar by themselves, they die. If they attack with two members, they escape the Elite Guard, but one is killed by the Mummy or Avatar.
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
- on a failed night kill, there is a 20% chance that the target learns the identity of the necromancer.
- once they identify a fellow necromancer they can communicate (PM, IM, etc)

Head Necromancer powers:
1.) Search for fellow necromancers
2.) Silence (daytime action - duration one hour, must be lifted with ten minutes remaining before deadline) - 3x per game, can't be used on consecutive days
3.) Disease (two days to live - cannot be stopped by bodyguard). Available 2x per game.
4.) Animate mummy - raise a dead player (new FOFC member) who is aligned with necromancer team. Available every 4th day, beginning with Night 4.
If the Head Necromancer is killed, a percentage of his power may transfer to one of the Initiates.

Initiate powers:
2.) Craft a cursed scarab. Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled. Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.

Dreamweaver powers:
2.) Search for seer
3.) Poison seer vision - reverses seer vision on a player, available once per week.

it would be pretty stupid for them to do anything but search for one another right now. if they found the EG, they are dead meat. they have a 25% chance of killing another necromancer, and a 20% chance of being recognized. if i were on team necrophiliac (as they will be known by me from this point on), i would be very wary of venturing out on my own...there is too much of a downside, especially if you consider that this early in the game, until circles form up, the EG will likely protect the same players that the necrophiliacs would target (blade, barkeep, dubb, etc)

as far as the seer vision being clouded, its too early in the game for their to be any cursed scarabs (which are actually bugs...see The Mummy, but since Egyptians worshipped them, they often made jewels in their image), and logically, if i were the dreamweaver necrophiliac, i would save my once a week power until there was a player that would logically be the seer scan for that night....either a suspected good guy that we are trying to verify, or a suspceted corpse humper that we are trying to hang and want verification on first.(which would include himself)

either way, i think we are floating the wrong way on the Nile with both these ideas.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #575
Barkeep49
Coordinator

saldana: Well thought out about the viewing, but I think there is general agreement that the baddies were searching each other out last night. I do like your "floating the wrong way on the Nile" which as we all know is down.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #576
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
saldana: Well thought out about the viewing, but I think there is general agreement that the baddies were searching each other out last night.

I'm not at all convinced of that. I think the rules make it equally tempting for a nec to try a kill.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM   #577
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
Several points about the morning conversations, especially as it pertains to this section of the rules:

Necromancers do not know each other from the outset
- each one can attack on a given night
- a single Necromancer has a 50% chance of achieving a night kill alone. If there are two involved, that percentage rises to 100%.
- if they attack the Elite Guard, Mummy, or Avatar by themselves, they die. If they attack with two members, they escape the Elite Guard, but one is killed by the Mummy or Avatar.
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
- on a failed night kill, there is a 20% chance that the target learns the identity of the necromancer.
- once they identify a fellow necromancer they can communicate (PM, IM, etc)

Head Necromancer powers:
2.) Silence (daytime action - duration one hour, must be lifted with ten minutes remaining before deadline) - 3x per game, can't be used on consecutive days
3.) Disease (two days to live - cannot be stopped by bodyguard). Available 2x per game.
4.) Animate mummy - raise a dead player (new FOFC member) who is aligned with necromancer team. Available every 4th day, beginning with Night 4.
If the Head Necromancer is killed, a percentage of his power may transfer to one of the Initiates.

Initiate powers:
2.) Craft a cursed scarab. Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled. Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.

Dreamweaver powers:
2.) Search for seer
3.) Poison seer vision - reverses seer vision on a player, available once per week.

it would be pretty stupid for them to do anything but search for one another right now. if they found the EG, they are dead meat. they have a 25% chance of killing another necromancer, and a 20% chance of being recognized. if i were on team necrophiliac (as they will be known by me from this point on), i would be very wary of venturing out on my own...there is too much of a downside, especially if you consider that this early in the game, until circles form up, the EG will likely protect the same players that the necrophiliacs would target (blade, barkeep, dubb, etc)

as far as the seer vision being clouded, its too early in the game for their to be any cursed scarabs (which are actually bugs...see The Mummy, but since Egyptians worshipped them, they often made jewels in their image), and logically, if i were the dreamweaver necrophiliac, i would save my once a week power until there was a player that would logically be the seer scan for that night....either a suspected good guy that we are trying to verify, or a suspceted corpse humper that we are trying to hang and want verification on first.(which would include himself)

either way, i think we are floating the wrong way on the Nile with both these ideas.

I agree with this. Why would they target the people you mentioned? (blade, barkeep, dubb, etc.)?
Old 06-20-2006, 12:59 PM   #578
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I'm not at all convinced of that. I think the rules make it equally tempting for a nec to try a kill.
Why? I read things the way saldana does. Further much of the bad guys power comes from collective action something which is impossible without a collective
Old 06-20-2006, 01:01 PM   #579
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with this. Why would they target the people you mentioned? (blade, barkeep, dubb, etc.)?
Because Blade is a postwhore
Dubb is the best bad guy out there
Hoops would be on the list since he's the consensus best player except he's hosting the game, so I got on the list instead
Old 06-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #580
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Blade is approaching 3k posts in werewolf threads. That amazes me.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #581
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hoops would be on the list since he's the consensus best player except he's hosting the game, so I got on the list instead

Gotcha

Lathum - I'm not going to stop asking questions when i'm not sure how things work (and I don't). Seems I'm going to be some sort of ritual "vote for him first" guy, oh well.

I do find it odd you come out to vote for me so fast after I ask about game mechanics where the answer no longer gives you guarenteed good guy status if no one else says they were watched last night (so far no else has).

I'm not ready to vote for anyone, I'm not a fan of vote switching since I think it's shady (tho not totally against it if someone slips up) so I'll be waiting for more info on people I guess.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #582
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

you would have made my list regardless of hoops being in the game
Old 06-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #583
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Why? I read things the way saldana does. Further much of the bad guys power comes from collective action something which is impossible without a collective

Yes, but even without collective action there is a 50% chance of achieving a kill. Were I a nec, I would alternate attempted kills and searches each night until I had found a partner.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 01:12 PM   #584
kingfc22
Head Coach

Geez, 3 pages before I log on in the morning. Well, I find it interesting that Lathum is the only one to come out with some type of feeling that he was viewed. Since I agree with saldana that the most likely course of action that the necromancers took last night was to search for their other members. It doesn't make sense IMO for them to attempt an attack alone since there is a chance for failure.

Let's say there are 4 necromancers. If all 4 searched and so far only 1 person has come forward saying they were viewed, then can we possibly assume that the necromancers found each other?
Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #585
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Geez, 3 pages before I log on in the morning. Well, I find it interesting that Lathum is the only one to come out with some type of feeling that he was viewed. Since I agree with saldana that the most likely course of action that the necromancers took last night was to search for their other members. It doesn't make sense IMO for them to attempt an attack alone since there is a chance for failure.

Let's say there are 4 necromancers. If all 4 searched and so far only 1 person has come forward saying they were viewed, then can we possibly assume that the necromancers found each other?

Certainly plausible.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #586
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

but not likely (after reading that post about percentages and stuff) I don't think.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #587
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Or it was a seer view and there is no necro search message.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #588
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I don't think there was a kill attempt. wouldn't be wise in my view for them at this point. I also see the posibility of them all searching, but if you were the dreamweaver with the numbers in this game the seer is getting a shot each night you are going to get a max of three and maybe only one if you wait too long.

anyhow it has to be in the back of everyone's mind is all I'm saying.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #589
st.cronin
General Manager

Or it was something else.

(witness, EG, who knows)

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #590
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i dont think so, it would be a broken mechanic IMO if the necrophiliacs had to look for one another and we found out they looked at us....then if all 4 of them missed on the first night, 4 of us would show up and say what lathum said...by the 3rd night, it would pretty much seal the deal on anyone that hadnt said they felt someone watching them but nothing happened.

i think it more likely that lathum was viewed by the seer, and unless we hear other wise at some other point in the game (not asking for a reveal now), he is at the top of my list of good guys (right below myself). i have a couple others in my list that i am feeling pretty good about.

what i think more likely happened was that the post-mortem-butt-pirates look for one another and only they know their own results...i would think it highly unlikely that they all found one another at random on the first day. especially if the dreamweaver tried to find the seer instead of another PMBP.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #591
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just want to emphisise that in no way do I want the seer to try and come out. I am nothing but a plain villegar but I know we have some first timers playing and I would hate for them to make a key mistake early on.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #592
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not ready to vote for anyone, I'm not a fan of vote switching since I think it's shady (tho not totally against it if someone slips up) so I'll be waiting for more info on people I guess.

Don't write off vote switching entirely. There are times where it comes in very handy to pressure those who you might suspect are hiding something or in order to learn something else. Just make sure you have a valid reason for doing it and know that you'll be questioned for it.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #593
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
what i think more likely happened was that the post-mortem-butt-pirates look for one another and only they know their own results...i would think it highly unlikely that they all found one another at random on the first day. especially if the dreamweaver tried to find the seer instead of another PMBP.

I agree, it looks like the seer view. Besides, I'd have to think that some of the early searches for fellow necros would involve some of the more active players who have been here today.....
Old 06-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #594
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't write off vote switching entirely. There are times where it comes in very handy to pressure those who you might suspect are hiding something or in order to learn something else. Just make sure you have a valid reason for doing it and know that you'll be questioned for it.

I'm not. I just don't want to get into a bad habit of reading something at 2pm, taking it as fact, then reading the rest of the day just to see I'm a bonehead and switch my vote.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #595
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not. I just don't want to get into a bad habit of reading something at 2pm, taking it as fact, then reading the rest of the day just to see I'm a bonehead and switch my vote.

Works for Blade.

(I kid!)
Old 06-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #596
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Works for Blade.

(I kid!)

Make a guy a pharoah and he thinks he is untouchable!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #597
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am leaning towards being viewed by the seer last night, however unless all the necro's last night attemted to find another necro we should have at least one person who was attatcked and survived.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- Assumng there are 4-5 necro's I find it unlikely they all chose to search for another necro.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #599
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm planning to have Barkeep call me tonight on my cell with the vote results. I'll relay the outcome and have him post the results. This will work as long as it doesn't end up as a tie - I don't want to pressure people to make decisions on tie-breaks hours before they go down (tie-break decisions are sent via PM).
Old 06-20-2006, 01:55 PM   #600
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dola- Assumng there are 4-5 necro's I find it unlikely they all chose to search for another necro.

the question here is... why wouldnt they. would you take at best a 50% chance of getting a kill with a 20% chance of being recognized or a 25% chance of killing another PMBP, or risk a 100% chance of meeting the EG and getting killed yourelf, when if you take a night off and try and find another rigor mortis rump ranger, you increase your sucess chance to 100%?

im not saying they all searched, only that logically, it makes the most sense...and if there were a night kill attempt, why havent we heard anything about it.