Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #401
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The guy who I talked to last night (AlanT) has not indicated that I tried to harm him.

The guy who attacked me last night (Swaggs) has not indicated that I harmed him while defending myself.

The guy who slept the night away (Fouts) indicated that I tried to kill him.

But I'm the guy you sacrifice in the 50/50 decision

I still don't know your intentions with me last night. This morning started I was very suspicious of you, and knowing my safety the fact that -nothing- happened is not a suprise to me. I came out this morning curious to how you would defend yourself to that.

I didn't even know you had a bigger issue on your hands to defend yourself to today. I can buy that you have a public role and a private role. Even with that information, you seemed to have been a busy bee last night.

You are the line that connects all of the dots, and that is why I am secure in choosing you first in the 50/50.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #402
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I'm very disappointed that you can't vouch for me after last night. My PM let me know that I definitely could count you among the devout in our Council and left me feeling very strongly about your loyalties. I would have expected some level of reciprocity in the PM messages that I guess wasn't there.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #403
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Alan, what do you think Hoops was trying to do last night, in regards to your experience?

Well.. if he is a bad guy, and does have a public role and a private role.. I am guessing he was using his public role to size me up and determine what type of threat I was going to be to him since I likely would be pushing him again day 2.

If for whatever chance he is a good guy, I think he was trying to confirm what I said yesterday that I am among the few devout who shall go down fighting for our belief.

I baited hoops alot today not knowing who his third party was, hoping he would point at someone who I have 100% trust in.. but unfortunatly he pointed at Fouts who I have no outside knowledge of. So while it set us up in a 50/50 here, its not as damning to me as it would have been if he pointed someone I trusted completely out.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #404
hoopsguy
General Manager

Furthermore, there is no line between our communication and the encounter with Fouts/Swaggs. Any attempts to make one are just helping you make a wrong decision.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #405
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I'm very disappointed that you can't vouch for me after last night. My PM let me know that I definitely could count you among the devout in our Council and left me feeling very strongly about your loyalties. I would have expected some level of reciprocity in the PM messages that I guess wasn't there.

I had nothing but complete and total neutrality in the message I received. In fact it was so neutral that I sent a PM back before you even showed up this morning asking for clarification. I still never received any further feeling one way or another so to me it was left intentionally neutral.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #406
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Well.. if he is a bad guy, and does have a public role and a private role.. I am guessing he was using his public role to size me up and determine what type of threat I was going to be to him since I likely would be pushing him again day 2.

If for whatever chance he is a good guy, I think he was trying to confirm what I said yesterday that I am among the few devout who shall go down fighting for our belief.

This is not what I was looking for at all, and I don't understand what you mean by all this. What I mean is, do you think he was trying to convert you, scanning you, or something else? What specific Werewolf activity was he perpetrating.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #407
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
This is not what I was looking for at all, and I don't understand what you mean by all this. What I mean is, do you think he was trying to convert you, scanning you, or something else? What specific Werewolf activity was he perpetrating.

First thing this morning after reading my PM I assumed he failed to convert me.

Then as the day progressed I have more of a feeling he was trying to scan me (to determine my corruptibility)
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #408
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Catching up on things.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #409
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
First thing this morning after reading my PM I assumed he failed to convert me.

Then as the day progressed I have more of a feeling he was trying to scan me (to determine my corruptibility)

Thanks. I'm very uncomfortable with all this, but I don't have an alternate explanation.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 PM   #410
hoopsguy
General Manager

Have I somehow lost points with non-Orzhov here for not making my accusation and disappearing for hours at a time like Fouts has?

KWhit basically issued a hit-and-run vote on me. At least Fouts had some reason to do so ... getting in the middle of the discussion between Swaggs and I was not going to help him out at all.

Saldana has basically acknowledged that my actions are consistent with a powerful role in the game - although I would argue that my role is not terribly powerful.

At least Cronin, Swaggs, and AlanT appear to be at least considering the options while casting their votes. If I'm going to be voted off the island, I at least appreciate them going through the effort of trying to make sense of the game.

And half of our players haven't even bothered to make an appearance - stuff like that sours me on the game every once in awhile.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #411
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I stand by my assertion that there could be 0, 1, or 2 bad guys. I think it's possible for Fouts to be telling the truth and Hoops to still be innocent. Not likely, which is why my vote is where it is, but possible.

I also think that Hoops is likely limited to one "evil" action at most. So I would have to think his action with Alan is either neutral or good if we're going to believe that he was trying to kill Fouts. Alternatively we can believe that his action with Alan was evil, but then Fouts' is likely fully of it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 PM   #412
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Oh, and I have to agree with Schmidty a page back about the game being confusing. I wish I knew more about the Magic universe
Old 08-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #413
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think there is any sane way to think that Fouts and I are on the same team, for whatever that is worth.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #414
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, if I was looking to corrupt someone, why would I choose the one person who said on Day 1 "I can't be bribed?"

Wouldn't there be about ten better candidates to approach?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #415
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan: "I can't be bribed"
Hoopsguy: "I'll show him!"

GMAFB
Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #416
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, if I was looking to corrupt someone, why would I choose the one person who said on Day 1 "I can't be bribed?"

Wouldn't there be about ten better candidates to approach?

I actually never said that on day 1. I did that on purpose to see what happened from it. I knew I couldnt be harmed or affected at night, so was trying to see if I could attract someone. It was St.cronin who said he couldn't be bribed.

I think all I said was there were very few of the faithful left. if I ever did mention that I couldn't be affected at night yesterday then I slipped up because my intention was to try to draw company.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #417
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok here's what I need to believe you hoops: Something that unifies your public and "private" role's actions. It seems to me that things are very much interconnected in this game, though the connections aren't always clear to those on the outside. What's your story, so to speak?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #418
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I actually never said that on day 1. I did that on purpose to see what happened from it. I knew I couldnt be harmed or affected at night, so was trying to see if I could attract someone. It was St.cronin who said he couldn't be bribed.

I think all I said was there were very few of the faithful left. if I ever did mention that I couldn't be affected at night yesterday then I slipped up because my intention was to try to draw company.
I wish I could draw a stick figure, let alone company.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #419
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I stand by my assertion that there could be 0, 1, or 2 bad guys. I think it's possible for Fouts to be telling the truth and Hoops to still be innocent. Not likely, which is why my vote is where it is, but possible.

I also think that Hoops is likely limited to one "evil" action at most. So I would have to think his action with Alan is either neutral or good if we're going to believe that he was trying to kill Fouts. Alternatively we can believe that his action with Alan was evil, but then Fouts' is likely fully of it.

How could there be no bad guys at the start?
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #420
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I wish I could draw a stick figure, let alone company.

Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #421
hoopsguy
General Manager

Right, and the fact that you were one of the faithful was what drew me to you. Not some attempt to corrupt you.

I apologize for mistaking "bribe" with "faith" although you have been attacking me over the bribery angle for the past two days so I think it is a logical mistake here as I'm getting agitated about our bad play.

The point stands - there were plenty of better targets than you if I was looking for someone weak to try and corrupt. Which I wasn't - I was trying to mutually build a circle of trust that is clearly only going one way.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #422
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still kinda of split between my day 1 vote (fouts), the person everyone jumped off of at the last moment yesterday (saldana), and the new "best choice" (hoops) so I'm still going to wait a little bit to vote since my home improvement project took a little longer than expected (i am not mr Fix-it)
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #423
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
How could there be no bad guys at the start?

I think he means among Fouts, hoops, and myself.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #424
Swaggs
Coordinator

hoops, if things don't change at the last minute, will you do a full reveal, so that we may know how useful you will be as a ghost?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:26 PM   #425
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Alan: "I can't be bribed"
Hoopsguy: "I'll show him!"

GMAFB

Hoops you started off the day very suspicious to me, but I think I am coming around to, if not your point of view exactly, then certainly not seeing you as a complete liar.

A few questions

Hoops vs Swaggs: Swagg, you sound very powerful. Could you have harmed Hoops if you wanted to? To me it could have been that Hoops was activel trying to harm Swaggs, but as he is not powerful enough he couldn't and that Swaggs was just blocking him off. Makes sense with Swaggs' 'battle of wills' perception.

Fouts: Do you 100% know that Hoops was intending to kill you? If so, how did you get this information?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #426
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, there really is no consistency between my public and private roles. In fact, I have concerns about my private role becoming a liability to our cause later in the game.

I have learned through the church that there is a clan called the Gruul who resent our power and prestige and want to tear down our society and plunge us into lawlessness. But from their description, it doesn't sound like bribery would be their method of doing so. They seem more of a murderous/pillaging kind of group. I am seeking them out during the night phase; if I fail to locate them quickly enough I expect that they will somehow be able to exploit me. I don't know how, but don't have any reason to believe it is through my public role.

This is why I said that I may be a better candidate to die than a random player at this point in the game. But I don't think we are faced with that choice - I'm pretty certain that Fouts is an enemy despite not getting word on my scan (to determine if he was Gruul) because of the interruption. The fact that he accused me and another silenced me today makes me believe he is working in concert with others.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:28 PM   #427
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
I'm still kinda of split between my day 1 vote (fouts), the person everyone jumped off of at the last moment yesterday (saldana), and the new "best choice" (hoops) so I'm still going to wait a little bit to vote since my home improvement project took a little longer than expected (i am not mr Fix-it)

Out of interset, why did you vote for Fouts on day 1?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:29 PM   #428
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, Post #426 is essentially a reveal so I would expect you could use this if I'm a ghost.

If Saldana is playing on our side, I would hope he could confirm the existence of the Gruul in this universe.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #429
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tanglewood, I wouldn't count on getting any information from Fouts before the deadline. He has basically clammed up - only way I think you will see him is if he suddenly gets some votes.

Then we may lose our "Guest" viewing the thread and get to see some late fireworks.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:31 PM   #430
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

To those who had bribery mentioned in their PM (I did not), did it explicitly mention monetary bribery or was it a more general true to the cause concept? I think that the initial assumption may have been made it was monetary but in light of Hoops' statement that may be incorrect.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:32 PM   #431
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Out of interset, why did you vote for Fouts on day 1?

Well I intially made it as a "I'll vote for him to see how he reacts" since I had nothing to go on and everyone else seemed to be throwing out random votes.

Later on, there was no real reason for me to switch off of him.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #432
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Tanglewood, I wouldn't count on getting any information from Fouts before the deadline. He has basically clammed up - only way I think you will see him is if he suddenly gets some votes.

Then we may lose our "Guest" viewing the thread and get to see some late fireworks.

At this point I am much closer to voting for him than you.

A longshot, but perhaps Fouts has been silenced? Could be possible. Fouts senses Hoops sneaking around near him, assumes he wants to kill him, makes post about it then gets silenced by a bad guy late on incase he starts doubting.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #433
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tangle: I don't think there are 0 bad guys. Simply the possiblity of 0 bad guys in the group of 3: Swaggs, Hoops, and Fouts.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #434
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ugh I need to vote before I have to go pickup my girlfriend at work...
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #435
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Regardless of who goes down tonight, I reccommend that they make a full role reveal just at the deadline. It's a shame Blade couldn't (partially because it was tied so late on), but seeing as Ghoss can't reveal but can still communicate I think that it would be valuable for a good guy to do so.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #436
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
To those who had bribery mentioned in their PM (I did not), did it explicitly mention monetary bribery or was it a more general true to the cause concept? I think that the initial assumption may have been made it was monetary but in light of Hoops' statement that may be incorrect.

I don't know anything about "true to the cause" but bribery does not involve money, and it does not involve magic. Or at least, it involves more than that. I think I am not allowed to get more specific.

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #437
hoopsguy
General Manager

I really don't know what else to say. I'll answer any questions you guys have over the next 30 minutes but as of now it looks like you are waiting until tomorrow to get a bad guy.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #438
st.cronin
General Manager

UNVOTE HOOPSGUY

VOTE FOUTS

knives out
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #439
Swaggs
Coordinator

Tangle, I am honestly not sure whether or not I could have harmed him. If so, it was not my intention last night. I believe I described my magical ability as modest yesterday, but it was made clear to me last night that I have the ability to match up pretty well with just about anyone. And it seems that was apparent to hoops, as well.

As far as the question of whether or not my magic was defense, I think that is possible, but I don't feel like it was in defense to an attack. More like I happened to get in the way of something and it resulted into a sort of stalemate and then died down.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #440
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

anyone have a current votecount?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #441
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

OKay, even though a few of the people I trust are on the other side, I'll now

Vote Fouts
Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #442
hoopsguy
General Manager

As of Post #441:
Day 2 votes
Fouts - Hoopsguy (335), Cronin (438), Tanglewood (441)

Hoopsguy - Fouts (336), KWhit (346), Barkeep (361), Saldana (364), Swaggs (388)
Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #443
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

This isn't helping guys :/
Old 08-01-2006, 07:41 PM   #444
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Regardless of who goes down tonight, I reccommend that they make a full role reveal just at the deadline. It's a shame Blade couldn't (partially because it was tied so late on), but seeing as Ghoss can't reveal but can still communicate I think that it would be valuable for a good guy to do so.

I definitely agree with this 100%. Unless it looks like there is going to be a late break, make a full reveal. Even after you die, you are still a part of the game and can help us out.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #445
hoopsguy
General Manager

You guys did see Post #426, right (role reveal)?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #446
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Tangle, I am honestly not sure whether or not I could have harmed him. If so, it was not my intention last night. I believe I described my magical ability as modest yesterday, but it was made clear to me last night that I have the ability to match up pretty well with just about anyone. And it seems that was apparent to hoops, as well.

As far as the question of whether or not my magic was defense, I think that is possible, but I don't feel like it was in defense to an attack. More like I happened to get in the way of something and it resulted into a sort of stalemate and then died down.

Does your role mean you have a habit of 'getting in the way of something' or was it just coincidence? If this is delving deeper at your role than you would like don't answer.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #447
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You guys did see Post #426, right (role reveal)?

Why do you feel that you could eventually end up helping them?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #448
Swaggs
Coordinator

Who has not yet voted?

I know that Schmidty dropped by and did not place a vote yet. And I see Chief Rum presumably catching up.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #449
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm trying carefully to dance around the PM here, but I was warned that it was imperative that I locate the enemy quickly before they had leverage over me.

As the Religious leader of our order, I have every reason to believe my faith is strong. I have little fear of the Dimir trying to turn me. But the Gruul, for reasons unclear to me, pose a threat as the game advances.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM   #450
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, I have to leave (delayed too long already) so I'll

Vote Fouts

I'm sticking with my day 1 vote and following our fearless leader (cronin).

I wish i'd be around to see the results but I won't as my gf will be pissed if I don't get lol. All 3 of the people I mentioned in my post a little while ago are still suspicious to me but I'll stick with my vote from yesterday.