Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2015, 02:04 PM   #101
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Love out for the playoffs. Such bullshit.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #102
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Kinda of disappointed that someone on the Celtics did not deliver the basketball equivalent of a 99 MPH fastball at a Cavs player's ear hole.

Well, I guess an MMA armbar would also work, right?
Old 04-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #103
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Well, I guess an MMA armbar would also work, right?

I watched the NBA in 90's and saw Karl Malone dish out a 40 stitches response to Isiah Thomas talking shit about his teammate PRIVATELY.

Perk did what he was supposed to do. JR went too far.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #104
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Cavs must be thankful for the Bucks for keeping that series going. Even without Love, I think the Cavs can take the Bulls. Probably still take the East, but I can't see them beating anyone from the West.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:08 AM   #105
nol
Banned

The over/under on games either of these teams would lose while going through the East would be 1.5.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:24 AM   #106
RainMaker
General Manager

Even without Love, the Cavs are heavy favorites in the East. Probably will have a tough time against whoever comes out of the West though.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:32 AM   #107
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
The over/under on games either of these teams would lose while going through the East would be 1.5.

No kidding, huh? I hope East Coast fans got a chance to stay up and watch this one. Tough, tough loss for the Clips. There were about a billion game changing plays.

Hoping against hope the Clips can force a Game 7.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 04-29-2015 at 02:33 AM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:52 PM   #108
nol
Banned

Big news here if true:

Old 04-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #109
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Big news here if true:

My work Internet is blocking this. What is it?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:16 PM   #110
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
My work Internet is blocking this. What is it?

Some guy named Carblos has come out of the closet.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:32 PM   #111
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Hmm, never heard of him.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
No kidding, huh? I hope East Coast fans got a chance to stay up and watch this one. Tough, tough loss for the Clips. There were about a billion game changing plays.

Hoping against hope the Clips can force a Game 7.

Any chance I get to watch Deandre clang free throws I'm there.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #113
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Awesome
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:45 PM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Any chance I get to watch Deandre clang free throws I'm there.

Thanks to Pop, that's a virtual guarantee.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Rondo gets no playoff share.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:11 PM   #116
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wonder what Rondo signs for this offseason. Some team is still bound to throw $$$ at him, probably after missing out on the first couple of targets.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM   #117
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If he is financially secure, a 1 year deal for the MLE would be his best play to recover value. Especially on a good Eastern Conference team. Indy or Chicago maybe.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #118
Groundhog
Coordinator

Nets are showing that you don't really want to face an underachieving mostly-veteran team in the 1st round, regardless of your seed.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 PM   #119
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
If he is financially secure, a 1 year deal for the MLE would be his best play to recover value. Especially on a good Eastern Conference team. Indy or Chicago maybe.

It's his last big contract, he's not going to take the MLE. Best hope is a dumb team like the Knicks or Lakers offers up some money. My guess is he signs a 3 year, $30 million deal with the Lakers which is way more than his value is.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:32 PM   #120
miami_fan
Coordinator

That sort of deal should guarantee the end of the Jim Buss era in LA.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 04-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #121
heybrad
Norm!!!

Please Lakers... don't sign Rondo.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #122
Groundhog
Coordinator

Lakers would be my pick. Top tier FAs this year:

Marc Gasol
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Love
Draymond Green
Jimmy Butler

And then it's the Jordan/Millsap/Monroe guys. I don't see Gasol or Leonard leaving, and Butler I'd rate a strong chance to return too. Green is a possibility but despite his skill he's not really the marquee guy you build around. That means you are really pining your hopes on Aldridge or Love if you're the Lakers. Love would probably be the best chance, but I don't see him opting out.

I don't see the Lakers tanking, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw money at Rondo in an effort to remain competitive next season.

Last edited by Groundhog : 04-29-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:27 PM   #123
bhlloy
Coordinator

Oh man. 2015 Rondo and the corpse of Kobe would be freaking hilarious. Do it, Lakers!
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:38 PM   #124
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Love should opt out and sign 1+1 at the max and then try for a 3+1 or 4+1 deal in 2016 starting at the new 30% max. Picking up the option makes 0 sense.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #125
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

If all Portland gets out of this postseason is CJ McCollum being an actual player, I think they have to be happy, right?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:46 PM   #126
Groundhog
Coordinator

Love out 4-6 months after surgery today...
Old 04-29-2015, 11:06 PM   #127
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's some tonya harding type shit.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:35 PM   #128
chinaski
College Prospect

sigh....
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:40 PM   #129
korme
Go Reds

This is really depressing knowing that whichever team survives out of the West is probably going to walk to a title
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #130
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Lakers would be my pick. Top tier FAs this year:

Marc Gasol
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Love
Draymond Green
Jimmy Butler

And then it's the Jordan/Millsap/Monroe guys. I don't see Gasol or Leonard leaving, and Butler I'd rate a strong chance to return too. Green is a possibility but despite his skill he's not really the marquee guy you build around. That means you are really pining your hopes on Aldridge or Love if you're the Lakers. Love would probably be the best chance, but I don't see him opting out.

I don't see the Lakers tanking, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them throw money at Rondo in an effort to remain competitive next season.

I think it's unlikely Kawhi, Draymond, or Butler leave. All restricted and don't see a chance any of the teams wouldn't match. Especially with the cap going up so much (the max deals will be a bargain).

I like Gasol a lot, but he'll be 31 next season. Would probably prefer Love who will be 27. Love, Randle, and the top 5 pick this year is a nice base to rebuild from. Plus they'll have money when Kobe's deal is up to grab another big name.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 PM   #131
korme
Go Reds

Marc Gasol isn't going anywhere.

If Aldridge leaves, Love to Portland would be very interesting.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #132
Groundhog
Coordinator

I would be very surprised if Green left given how important he is to that team, but it might come down to a numbers game on the GSW side ala James Harden in OKC - especially if they don't win the title this year. I'd say it's still a 98.5% chance he sticks around.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 AM   #133
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I've certainly come to terms with Love leaving for awhile, but I do think they'll be able to find a lot of what he provides via a different player/combo of players. For example, I dunno if Ilysova would be available for cheap, but he could do many of the Love things
Old 04-30-2015, 12:23 AM   #134
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I've certainly come to terms with Love leaving for awhile, but I do think they'll be able to find a lot of what he provides via a different player/combo of players. For example, I dunno if Ilysova would be available for cheap, but he could do many of the Love things

That is the key. Love individually can do so much more, but Cleveland didn't utilize him fully nor do they necessarily need it.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #135
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
This is really depressing knowing that whichever team survives out of the West is probably going to walk to a title

This was likely the case with Kevin Love healthy. It was even the case last year.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:31 AM   #136
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Green is more than likely staying if only because the Warriors are without a doubt getting rid of David Lee (and his $15.5M salary). Combine that with how much he is loved by the fans and what he means to this team (and the front office publicly stating several months ago they would match any offer sheet he is signed to) and it's extremely unlikely he goes anywhere.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:37 AM   #137
whomario
Pro Starter

Just wrote a long ass article that got swallowed by the internet demons ... Summary: The Cap goes from 58 (last season) to 67, then 89 and 108 mio. Which means that a max contract starting at 15+ mio this summer will basically be a 10-11 mio deal in 2 years. Meaning that the Warriors would be absolute fools not to sign Green to the 4 year max if he agrees.

There will be a ton of seemingly terrible deals this summer where the GMs have the cap rise in mind and fans forget about it. On the other hand i think that a few players might be tempted to sign shorter deals to get the most out of this (This also imo all but guarantees that guys like Brook Lopez will opt in for their player option years)

But guys like Green or possibly Jimmy Butler or Leonard will take that max and run with it. It is a great year for teams to have sought-after players coming off their rookie deals.

As for Gasol: You cant discount his connection with Memphis (remember, he went to HS there when Pau played for the Grizz), seems to me to be perfectly happy there.

Aldridge seems the most likely to leave. Overall i dont think there will be a ton of movement. Guys that are obvious fits with their teams will get paid handsomely with the looming cap rises (guys like Mozgov, Millsapp, Carroll).

I think a few teams will take a flyer at guys that are not total staples of their respective team like Hibbert, Green, Deng, Kanter, Asik or older guys like West. (again, hoping that an overpay now will look good in a year or two)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #138
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Green is more than likely staying if only because the Warriors are without a doubt getting rid of David Lee (and his $15.5M salary). Combine that with how much he is loved by the fans and what he means to this team (and the front office publicly stating several months ago they would match any offer sheet he is signed to) and it's extremely unlikely he goes anywhere.

Is Lee's contract done this year? If not, how will the Warriors get rid of it?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:07 AM   #139
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Someone will take 1 year of Lee with the right incentive
Old 04-30-2015, 11:03 AM   #140
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Someone will take 1 year of Lee with the right incentive

What is the incentive? I don't see Lee being moved unless the Warriors give up something significant.

Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM   #141
korme
Go Reds

The guy is an offensive machine and works the glass, he gets 18-10 regularly as a starter. A team on the fringe could definitely use him if they have the right center.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:19 PM   #142
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
The guy is an offensive machine and works the glass, he gets 18-10 regularly as a starter. A team on the fringe could definitely use him if they have the right center.

No, that's what he used to do. That was 2-3 years ago, and he is now older and slower and probably still doesn't care about defense any more than he did before. And he costs $15.5 M of cap space, which means that to move him, the Warriors will either need to find a team with the cap space that still feels Lee is worth that or find a team with a similarly bad contract (which seems to go against keeping Green, the start point for this discussion) or they need to ship other assets of value (Barnes? a back end of the draft 1st rounder?).

We saw this same sort of thing happen with Stoudemire. The Knicks were unable to move him until the last year of his contract (and they did it by cutting him). I don't think the Warriors are going to be much more successful at this situation.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And before you say "Lee is in the last year of his contract", note that Stoudemire was still unmovable right up until the Knicks cut him around the All Star break this year. Cutting Lee at the AS Break 2016 won't help them keep Green this summer.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:28 PM   #144
miami_fan
Coordinator

Funny that you mentioned Stoudemire because as I read your precious post, the first team I thought about were the Knicks. I have not looked at their salary cap situation but I could see them taking on Lee's contract for the benefit of a 1st rounder or two.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #145
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"Right incentive" is one first round pick. javelle mcgee got dumped with one pick and he can't play and had a multiyear deal. Salary cap space is everywhere.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #146
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I mean you can match Green, pay the taxpayers MLE and as long as you've dumped Lee by the deadline, you pay no tax on him. Someone who is under the floor would even welcome that cause they'd get a 2019 #1, and get to count all of Lee's salary towards their floor, and then could buy him out and pay even less. Amar'e wasn't traded cause his deal was just two big or the Knicks didn't offer the right incentive(and had no reason to)
Old 04-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #147
RainMaker
General Manager

Can't they also just waive him and use the stretch provision?

Donovan to OKC is a great move I think. Was hoping Donovan would hang around till Chicago fired Thibs but can't blame him for taking that OKC gig.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:38 PM   #148
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Contract is pre stretch provision.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #149
RainMaker
General Manager

That sucks. I guess they could dump him for a 1st round pick, although this year's will be the worst in the 1st round and they can't trade the pick in 2016 because they've traded their 2017 1st already.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:25 PM   #150
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wow, the Bucks really took a dump in the restricted zone. Nobody in double figures.