Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM   #501
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i hate that too.

there should be an unactive box we can placed injured players there, so they dont get into the game at all.
Just remove them from the depth chart.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:07 PM   #502
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I have caught the AI putting players who were yellow (often) or RED(once or twice) in the game late when it was a blowout. I had the CPU set to put in subs but geez not my star SLB who wa sout for a few weeks. H e got hurt was Red I took him off the depth chart and when I played out the game I see a message he was reinjuried. i ddin't know he was in the game. I guess the AI decide sine the score was 27-6 that it was ablowout and subbed him in. So, he was injuried for the rest of the season 7 games including the bowl game which we lost.
That seems odd given that the game only looks at your depth chart (not your roster) when subbing. Still, I will certainly look at this for update 1.1. For now, removing a player from the depth chart should be a pretty safe way to avoid this.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:08 PM   #503
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Strange to me that the suggestions for offensive and defensive strategies change with more than one click of the suggest button--kind of like a pitcher shaking off a sign, I guess.
There's a certain degree of variance for this. But, I can see how this would annoy people. I will work at removing this for the next update.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #504
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Arlie, I think he did remove the player from the depth chart and the player was still brought in. I've seen this happen once as well. I think it was because my defensive line was SO decimated that I didn't have much depth at the position and my two guys who were in the slot at DT on the depth chart were both hurt during the game. I guess I could have avoided it, by putting more guys in the slot (I was already playing guys out of position at the DT slot) but I would hope the game could somehow look at picking players to play out of position rather than playing guys who are definitely out for the game.

Edit to clarify:

My DT's were so beat up that I put 2 linebackers at the DT slot (since my DE's were beat up as well) and both linebackers were injured during the game. The game then proceeded to put my DT with a broken ankle into the game (despite him being out for 6-8 weeks.)

My DT was not anywhere on my depth chart when he was subbed into the game.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-19-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #505
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
I see how Arlie is explaining it now, but you're right -- that is very confusing. He's saying essential the timeout is applied to the play correctly, but it doesn't show up as called until after the next play is run. I wouldn't have gathered that either.
No, the timeout occurs at the end of the play you called before calling the timeout. Essentially, you could run an inside running play with playcalling enabled. Once it ends, go eat a sandwich, read a good book and come back and click timeout. That timeout will prevent any time from coming off AFTER the last play you ran and before the start of the next play.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:14 PM   #506
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Arlie, I think he did remove the player from the depth chart and the player was still brought in. I've seen this happen once as well. I think it was because my defensive line was SO decimated that I didn't have much depth at the position and my two guys who were in the slot at DT on the depth chart were both hurt during the game. I guess I could have avoided it, by putting more guys in the slot (I was already playing guys out of position at the DT slot) but I would hope the game could somehow look at picking players to play out of position rather than playing guys who are definitely out for the game.
I certainly agree and will fix that in the next update. My comment was for a vast majority of cases, removing the player from the depth chart should resolve the situation.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #507
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
No, the timeout occurs at the end of the play you called before calling the timeout. Essentially, you could run an inside running play with playcalling enabled. Once it ends, go eat a sandwich, read a good book and come back and click timeout. That timeout will prevent any time from coming off AFTER the last play you ran and before the start of the next play.
Ok ... that's what my understanding was, but now I'm confused again. Where does the timeout occur in the PBP?

I was inferring that this is what happens:

You run play > PBP displays results of play
You call time out
Clock stops
You call next play > PBP displays results of play
PBP displays that timeout occurred before the play

If that is not what is happen, then I think there are serious issued with AI timeout usage. Timeouts -- at least AI timeouts -- appear to be taken correctly, but they seem to appear following the next play. Is that correct?
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:26 PM   #508
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
Ok ... that's what my understanding was, but now I'm confused again. Where does the timeout occur in the PBP?

I was inferring that this is what happens:

You run play > PBP displays results of play
You call time out
Clock stops
You call next play > PBP displays results of play
PBP displays that timeout occurred before the play

If that is not what is happen, then I think there are serious issued with AI timeout usage. Timeouts -- at least AI timeouts -- appear to be taken correctly, but they seem to appear following the next play. Is that correct?
I'll have to look at that. The timeout should always match the clock stop but I will make sure it's displayed before the next play. It could be a display issue for the AI.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #509
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Would be nice to be able to multi-select guys on the watch list and remove them from it. When a bunch of players commit to other teams in a week, I have to go into each player and remove them one-at-a-time.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:52 PM   #510
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Would be nice to be able to multi-select guys on the watch list and remove them from it. When a bunch of players commit to other teams in a week, I have to go into each player and remove them one-at-a-time.

yup

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #511
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I see that you added the ability to add your alma mater ala FBCB, anyway you can add a way to set your age? It kinda kills the realism to try and take over a small school and work my way up the ladder only to see that I'm in my mid 50's and already have 22 years of coaching experience somehow. At this pace I'll be in my 90s by the time I take over my alma mater.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:39 PM   #512
Arles
Grey Dog Software

OK, I think we found the issue with the stability issues for recruiting. if you have more than 100 people on your watch list, you will get an RTE. I will have it fixed for 1.1, but for now try to stay below that number.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:51 AM   #513
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

12 penaltys for 195 yards for my team last game...sigh

and I don't even know how that works out, 12 x 15 = 180

Last edited by dubb93 : 12-20-2005 at 12:52 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:10 AM   #514
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

*sigh*

I've had to abandon my current career (coaching New Mexico) due to overwhelming injuries. This is with the most recent, updated version of the game.

Top two QBs (questionable and doubtful)
Top three RBs (out, doubtful, questionable)
Starting FB (doubtful)
Reserve WR (out)
Reserve TE (out)
Starting center (out)
Reserve guard (out)
Starting DE (questionable)
Starting DT (out)
Starting ILB (out)
Two top safeties (both out)

And we had no depth to begin with.

No fun...

Last edited by WSUCougar : 12-20-2005 at 07:14 AM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #515
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
12 penaltys for 195 yards for my team last game...sigh

and I don't even know how that works out, 12 x 15 = 180

Pass interference?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #516
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
*sigh*

I've had to abandon my current career (coaching New Mexico) due to overwhelming injuries. This is with the most recent, updated version of the game.

Starting FB (doubtful)
Reserve WR (out)
Reserve TE (out)
Starting center (out)
Reserve guard (out)
Starting DT (out)
Starting ILB (out)

No fun...
I had a similar situation in the first year of my first career (the only year I've played so far). My top 2 QBs were lost for the season along with my top RB, DT, and somebody from my secondary (can't remember who and I don't have the game in front of me right now). The QB situation was extremely tough cause I had to play my #3 guy all year who was horrible. I either got very unlucky in my first season or injuries could use more tweaking.

Last edited by KWhit : 12-20-2005 at 08:01 AM.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #517
Celeval
Pro Starter

College PI isn't a spot foul.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #518
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
*sigh*

Starting FB (doubtful)
Reserve WR (out)
Reserve TE (out)
Starting center (out)
Reserve guard (out)
Starting DT (out)
Starting ILB (out)

No fun...

Same here. Downloaded the patch and played through most of a season. Had 15 injuries when I quit (most of the players were out similar to what Cougar reported above).

I also noticed a lot of the plays still didn't make sense. My first two plays with the patch characterized it for me... a very slow DT makes a tackle 19 yds down field on an outside run. Second play, the SS makes a tackle for -1 on an inside run while playing a deep zone. After the first game, I once again abandoned the pbp approach. After the 15 injuries, I shelved the game again.

I'll probably give the game another try when the update comes out.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 AM   #519
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I had a similar situation in the first year of my first career (the only year I've played so far). My top 2 QBs were lost for the season along with my top RB, DT, and somebody from my secondary (can't remember who and I don't have the game in front of me right now). The QB situation was extremely tough cause I had to play my #3 guy all year who was horrible. I either got very unlucky in my first season or injuries could use more tweaking.
I think injuries definitely need more tweaking. This was with maxed budget for both injury settings and play-time set to lower levels. Also distressing, many of these injuries occurred early in games, so they were not related to endurance.

On another note, it appears that all penalties on kickoff and punt returns are being assessed from the end of the return. (i.e., kickoff return to the 33, holding against the return team, offense's ball on the 23). I don't know if this has been addressed before, but it seems quite artificial and does not have the impact that such penalties due in real life, as I believe these are spot fouls. I could be wrong but I feel it's worth checking.

Another minor note: I'm still having depth chart issues with the positional listings at the bottom of the screen. If I click the bar on the right side to scroll down it tends to screw things up such that I need to exit the screen and go back in (players vanish, etc.). I also have seen some improper numbering on the list as well (i.e., WR who's number is #80 listed as #77).

Preference-wise, if manual lineups are enabled during play-by-play, I'd like to see the endurance % more prominently displayed.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:00 AM   #520
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Dola:

I should add that I think this game has loads of potential, and I'm only mentioning the flaws for Arlie's attention.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:05 AM   #521
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola:

I should add that I think this game has loads of potential, and I'm only mentioning the flaws for Arlie's attention.

I agree about the potential of the game. There are a lot of things the game does very well.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #522
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I think injuries definitely need more tweaking. This was with maxed budget for both injury settings and play-time set to lower levels. Also distressing, many of these injuries occurred early in games, so they were not related to endurance.

Good point. I too had max budget for the medical settings and used the AI recommended playing time %, so I don't think there was anything else I could do to prevent these injuries from happening.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #523
Galaril
Pro Starter

I lost three quarterbacks in the first half of a game all out 7-9 weeks. I had my other two qb's already out for the season. So, took my last qb off redshirt and he got hurt next game along with two running backs two DE and a safety my whole secondary starters are out. This is with max medical and strength. I stopped the season (first) and put this on the shelf until the 1.1 update.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:06 AM   #524
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Endurance isn't a big factor for injuries - it's more durability. Endurance comes in on injuries for RBs if you give them a ton of carries, but most injury issues are related to durability.

Quote:
On another note, it appears that all penalties on kickoff and punt returns are being assessed from the end of the return. (i.e., kickoff return to the 33, holding against the return team, offense's ball on the 23). I don't know if this has been addressed before, but it seems quite artificial and does not have the impact that such penalties due in real life, as I believe these are spot fouls. I could be wrong but I feel it's worth checking.
I'll check that out.

Quote:
Another minor note: I'm still having depth chart issues with the positional listings at the bottom of the screen. If I click the bar on the right side to scroll down it tends to screw things up such that I need to exit the screen and go back in (players vanish, etc.). I also have seen some improper numbering on the list as well (i.e., WR who's number is #80 listed as #77).
Yeah, I'm looking at this as well.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:08 AM   #525
Arles
Grey Dog Software

As to injuries, we are going to be putting out the injury settings in update 1.1. It will have a "High", "average" and "low" setting. I'm thinking the current setting will be "High" based on the feedback I have been getting - with "average" and "low" each having relatively fewer injuries.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #526
Tim Tellean
High School JV

Losing a few players to injuries is painful but should be expected, look at the Packers they lost 4 RB and 3 WR.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #527
Bee
Pro Starter

It's been more than 15 years since I played in college, but I can't remember having more than a handful of guys miss games because of injuries. A lot played with minor injuries, but you had to be pretty seriously hurt to miss a game.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:24 AM   #528
John Galt
Pro Starter

It's strange. I've had all sorts of problems with the game, but notsomuch in the injury department. I don't think I've have had a QB miss a start. Even with bad teams and low medical budgets, I've had more problems at positions like FB than anything else.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:34 AM   #529
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
*sigh*

Starting FB (doubtful)
Reserve WR (out)
Reserve TE (out)
Starting center (out)
Reserve guard (out)
Starting DT (out)
Starting ILB (out)

No fun...

What do you have your players starting time%...????? Don't use 100% or you will feel the injury pain..

I set mine on about 67% for everybody but the Starting QB and runner they get an 80 or 85%. Also, I up the starting time of the special positions (3rd down runner, pass rushing DE, etc....) to 85%.

With these settings, I only have about 1 or 2 guys with serious injuries and a handful of players with minor injuries. Also, make sure to take your Doubtful & questionable players off the depth or move them far down the list...

Last, make sure to spend $100k on medical budget and 100K on Str & Cond, this should help prevent and rehabilitate injuries...

Try them out, they should help... BTW, you really need to watch injuries on this game, it's not like TCY...

Last edited by A-Husker-4-Life : 12-20-2005 at 11:43 AM.
A-Husker-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:39 AM   #530
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I hardly have any player playing 100%. If they are hurt, I move them down the depth chart to the bottom or I just right click them right of the chart. I really haven't had that bad injuries problems, although a few times I took a risk with a guy and they got hurt worse.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:46 PM   #531
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life
What do you have your players starting time%...????? Don't use 100% or you will feel the injury pain..

I set mine on about 67% for everybody but the Starting QB and runner they get an 80 or 85%. Also, I up the starting time of the special positions (3rd down runner, pass rushing DE, etc....) to 85%.

With these settings, I only have about 1 or 2 guys with serious injuries and a handful of players with minor injuries. Also, make sure to take your Doubtful & questionable players off the depth or move them far down the list...

Last, make sure to spend $100k on medical budget and 100K on Str & Cond, this should help prevent and rehabilitate injuries...

Try them out, they should help... BTW, you really need to watch injuries on this game, it's not like TCY...
Thanks for the insights, but unfortunately I already had all of those in effect.

Incidentally, I played my original starting QB - who was probable at the time with a foot injury - only because my second stringer went down. He then went down again, aggravating the injury.

Arlie, I think there needs to be a clearer delineation between injuries that are "playable" with merely reduced effectiveness, and those with the ample threat of aggravating them and making them worse. That's a trap I've fallen into, and I think if it were more clear that I was rolling the dice with an injury (despite the player being "probable" or whaetver) I wouldn't even have him on the depth chart. This is tied to the Injury Report e-mail, of course.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #532
HoosFan
n00b

Has anyone seen any real standout defensive teams from a yards allowed perspective (scoring defense isn't in the game... yet?)

VT leads the NCAA with something like 240 yds allowed per game. The best I've seen in BBCF is 300 ypg. I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone has seen any truly defensive minded teams (their own or cpu controlled)
HoosFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:14 PM   #533
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosFan
Has anyone seen any real standout defensive teams from a yards allowed perspective (scoring defense isn't in the game... yet?)

VT leads the NCAA with something like 240 yds allowed per game. The best I've seen in BBCF is 300 ypg. I'm not complaining, just wondering if anyone has seen any truly defensive minded teams (their own or cpu controlled)

I can't seem to it a grip on the Defense, like I've had with the offense. I've spent alot of time adjusting my own gameplan but now I just try and employ the best d.Cordinator, then I hit suggest. This method seems to work OK but it make me feel less connected to the D then the O.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #534
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Before my defensive line all went down to injuries, I was holding teams to about 250 yards per game with my USC team running a 5-2 with a very good secondary.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:59 PM   #535
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Are team stats of prior seasons available anywhere??
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:18 PM   #536
Galaril
Pro Starter

My Air Force teams have had pretty good defense usually only giving up around 300 yards a game. But they have really held the points. I love this game though I had a team come down to my 4 yrad line with 1st and goal down by 4 points and only a 2 minutes left. They got two yards on a screen play, a one yard counter run and I stuffed them at the goal on 3rd down so 4th and goal. aND IT IS A BROKEN PLAY THE QB of the other team BYU runs around and is in trouble he desperately throws to the endzone .........................interception. I was yelling at the computer monitor.Now , my Korea Mother-in-law , who is visiting for the holidays from Korea thinks I am menatlly ill. Great game a lot of fun.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #537
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I have not had a sub-300 yard defense in my three seasons of playing.

TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #538
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm doing some reseach for Arlie and have found some interesting info that i would like to share here for you stat freaks

....................................................................................................

NATA Injury Surveillance Study (National Athletic Trainers Association)
Football Injury Severity Lessening, Study Shows
For Immediate Release

DALLAS - Approximately 39 percent of varsity high school football players were injured during the 1995 season, but the severity of those injuries may be lessening, according to the first phase of a study by the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA).

The three-year study researched injuries recorded by certified athletic trainers for 123 high school football teams. The study - the first of its kind since 1988 - is designed to show trends on what, when, how and where injuries occur to high school football players. It is conducted by John Powell, PhD, ATC.

"While results for the 1995 football season are similar to those we found during the earlier study, there were some very encouraging findings that we will be watching more closely over the next two years to determine whether they are, in fact, trends," Powell said.

Powell said the number of moderate and major injuries appears to have decreased, while minor injuries have increased. "There is no noteworthy change in the number of overall injuries; however, in games during 1995, players suffered approximately 8.5 percent more minor injuries; about 5.7 percent fewer moderate injuries; and 3 percent fewer major injuries than the three-year average of our previous study," he said.

A second encouraging area for certified athletic trainers is the lower portion of re-injuries compared to first-time injuries.

"Nearly 93 percent of football injuries in the study are characterized as `new injuries'," Powell said. "It is impossible to prevent all injuries in sports, although good medical care and preventive techniques can help to reduce the risk of injury.

"In the case of re-injury, early intervention and appropriate rehabilitation by a comprehensive sports medicine team can have an even greater impact, resulting in fewer re-injuries."

The hip/thigh/leg continues to be the area of the body most frequently injured (17.3%), followed by the forearm/wrist/hand (15%), knee (14.5%), and ankle/foot (14.2%). General trauma is the most common type of injury (29.3%), with sprains following (27.4%) and then strains (21.7%).

In games, the offensive lineup receives the largest number of injuries, with 55.5%, while the defensive team sustains 35.8% of the injuries, and special teams receive 4.3%.

The majority of injuries occur during practice, with only about 39% happening in games. Powell attributes the statistic to the fact that practices occur much more frequently than games.

NATA President Kent Falb, ATC, PT, head athletic trainer for the Detroit Lions, said the study will help reduce the risk of injury for football players.

"We believe the information from this study will provide direction for researchers who are seeking ways to further minimize the risk of injury in high school athletics, as well as for those working to develop enhanced treatment and rehabilitation for injuries that do occur."

The NATA, based in Dallas, provides the latest research and techniques to its 17,000+ certified members, who are experts in providing quality healthcare for the physically active.

The NATA was founded in 1950 and today serves more than 23,000 athletic trainers worldwide.

1995 High School Football Injury Results
What are the most common injuries in high school football?

General Trauma 29.3%
Strains21.7
Sprains27.4
Musculo-Skeletal1.5
Neurotrauma8.1
Fractures5.7
General Illness4.7
Thermotrauma1.6

Where do high school football injuries occur?

Forearm/Wrist/Hand 15.0%
Shoulder/Arm10.4
Hip/Thigh/Leg17.3
Face/Scalp2.9
Ankle/Foot14.2
Knee14.5
Head/Neck/Spine11.3
Torso8.8
Other5.6

What are the percentages of major, moderate and minor injuries?

Major 8.4%
Moderate11.0
Minor80.6

Are injuries more likely to occur during practices or games?

Practices 61.2%
Games38.8

National High School Sports Injury Registry
1995 Football Exposure Summary Table
1986-1988, 1995 NATA Football Injury Surveillance Results

1986 1987 1988 3-Year 1995
Schools105134112117123
Games1,5132,0071,7401,7531,540
A-E55,92171,26456,04861,07852,700
Practices8,12010,4268,7429,0967,857
A-E369,345476,393361,804402,514327,622
Total Sess.9,63312,43310,48210,8499,397
Total A-E 425,266 547,657 417,852 463,592 380,322

....................................................................................................
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #539
Icy
Pro Starter

This is a resume about my own observations from the game, the above studio and the boards comments, i just wrote this to Arlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Icy]
In my opinion, the number of injuries is more or less ok, if in injuries we include every time a player is on pain and can't play for a few minutes, days or weeks. It happens a lot in football and in every sport.

The main problems i see are:

- The spread of the injuries: In 1.02 lots of QB's get injured, even 3 in the same game for one team. I also suffered the injury of my top 4 WR in one game. That is really rare in football, a QB can be injured after a big hit but they are usually protected by the line and also they don't expose themselves a lot. Linemen should be injured more than QB's for example, but i don't have the real injuries spreads stats between different player’s positions in football, maybe that is available somewhere and we can take a look at it. (I have found that info now, look above post)

- The players re-injured: In 1.02, if you play an injured player, you can know for sure that he will suffer a worst injury in the game. In real life, some injuries could aggravate with more play time, especially injuries in the knees, etc. But both in pro, and probably more in college football, almost all the players end the season in pain with minor injuries. If a player is probable with a bruise for example, the risk to be re-injured badly should be really low, of course if he is questionable with a sprained knee the risk should be higher, but right now you can't play probable players even when the suggest button puts them in the deep chart.

I think that two issues are the ones causing most of the complains about the amount of injuries, and not the amount itself.
What do you guys think?

Last edited by Icy : 12-20-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #540
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I would add that the severity of injuries should be reduced some. As you mentioned in that study, over 80% of injuries are minor. Just looking at my one career right now, over 40% of my injuries are serious (I have 8 guys out for 6-8 weeks or longer.) I think the overall number of injuries are fine, but they need to be less severe, and as you mentioned not all probable players should be reinjured upon playing.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #541
Havok
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I would add that the severity of injuries should be reduced some. As you mentioned in that study, over 80% of injuries are minor. Just looking at my one career right now, over 40% of my injuries are serious (I have 8 guys out for 6-8 weeks or longer.) I think the overall number of injuries are fine, but they need to be less severe, and as you mentioned not all probable players should be reinjured upon playing.

what he said
Old 12-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #542
Galaril
Pro Starter

Great research Icy and I also, agree the number is not the problem maybe alittle lower but the biggest problem is an injury any injury a guy is out period and needs to stay out of games until 100% healthy. That is not realistic and not fun to play with as a game feature.

Last edited by Galaril : 12-20-2005 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #543
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
...the biggest problem is an injury any injury a guy is out period and needs to stay out of game suntil 100% healthy. That is not realistic and not fun to play with as a game feature.

I agree with this 100%!
Old 12-20-2005, 11:22 PM   #544
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Great research Icy and I also, agree the number is not the problem maybe alittle lower but the biggest problem is an injury any injury a guy is out period and needs to stay out of games until 100% healthy. That is not realistic and not fun to play with as a game feature.

This does need to be looked at...There should be some chance of aggravating an injury, but when a player is probable it should be very minimal. Lots of Players play through minor injuries including sprains, contusions, some types of fractures and minor joint injuries....
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:31 PM   #545
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Most injuries that occur in RL are of the type where they hobble off to the bench, get taped up or whatever, and are back in by the next QTR.

You'd be amazed at what those trainers can do with tape!

When I played in college, just about every starter played with "injuries" but they still played. The end result was usually a VERY busy training room after practices. Ice packs galore. Ankles and knees submerged in ice/hot tubs. You learn quickly the rules of ice.

Lots of fingers are broken or strained and they just get taped up. You don't tackle as well with injured fingers, but you still play.

Most times you have to have a Willie McGahee injury to not suit up for a game.

The result was that most players had season long nagging injuries that healed in plenty of time to be re-aggravated come spring football.

The usual rule is that an injured player is most likely to be more "careful" during a game and will most likely avoid further injury with a slight drop off in performance.

College ball isn't a nancy-boy game. That is the role of high school programs: weed out the guys that are always using crutches come Monday.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 11:39 PM   #546
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Just got another RTE 91. In this game, I was blowing out my opponent and I shrunk down the window. I don't think I did that in the other game where I got a RTE 91, but I can't be sure. I wonder if minimizing the game has anything to do with the RTE's?

In any case, I've been saving every week (after the last incident) and I can send you the save file if you want, Arlie.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22 PM   #547
Arles
Grey Dog Software

That would be great. In the meantime, I will try doing that as well.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:26 PM   #548
SFL Cat
College Starter

Wow...great research Icy.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM   #549
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Now THIS is running up the score.

Oregon's starting QB played the entire game. He went 35 for 37 for 378 yards and 6 TDs. He also ran the ball 8 times for 55 yards and 2 TDs.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #550
MJ4H
Coordinator

good heavens
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote