Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #901
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Dola:

I've also seen what looks to be a hard-coded double whammy, where one team scores on a big play (such as a punt return) and then the other team fumbles the ensuing kickoff which is immediately returned for a TD. BAM! A 14-point swing.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #902
Galaril
Pro Starter

Yeah, I have seen that often also, now that you mention it.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #903
Galaril
Pro Starter

[quote=JPhillips]I've held off commenting until I had time to play for a while. I'm not a stathead so my comments focus elsewhere. Some of my problems have already been addressed, but I'm going to include the whole list that I've been compiling. Before start I need to give Arles a lot of credit. Even with some big problems I'm still playing this game. Its a huge step forward for his work and I think it has the potential to be a great game.

BIG PROBLEMS

The suggested lineup should match the medical staff advice. I can correct this, but I'm assuming that computer teams are playing doubtful guys regularly

[quote]

I agree it looks like alot of the AI teams are playing guys who are pretty banged up.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-02-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #904
JPhillips
General Manager

Has anyone else seen a very high incidence of massive fourth quarter scoring? It seems like it happens regularly, but I haven't done enough analysis. Maybe sometime this week I'll do a real study and see if this is true.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:58 AM   #905
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
Dola:

I've also seen what looks to be a hard-coded double whammy, where one team scores on a big play (such as a punt return) and then the other team fumbles the ensuing kickoff which is immediately returned for a TD. BAM! A 14-point swing.

That happened to me recently. They scored with about 10 seconds left, and I fumbled the ensuing kickoff (wasn't onside, as the fumble was on my own 25) they had 2 seconds left to kick the game winner. You would think that with such little time left, any special teams guy would've ran out to like the 10 and taken a knee...
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:16 AM   #906
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
i've also seen what looks to be a hard-coded double whammy, where one team scores on a big play (such as a punt return) and then the other team fumbles the ensuing kickoff which is immediately returned for a TD. BAM! A 14-point swing.

I won the MNC much like this. With about 30 seconds left I scored on a 50-yard pass, converted the PAT, kicked and recovered the onside kick, completed a 35-yard pass, timeout with 3 seconds left, FG to win the game! w00t!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #907
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Looks like Miami is going to be playing in the national championship game. Miami Ohio that is.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:27 PM   #908
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD
Looks like Miami is going to be playing in the national championship game. Miami Ohio that is.

Well, at least they'll be playing with legitimate student-athletes
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #909
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Miami(OH) is 12-0 with this schedule: UNLV, LA-Monroe, Ohio, Akron, Ball State, Kent State, Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Central Michigan, & Cincinnatti.

The only top 25 team they've beaten is Bowling Green, which is inexplicably ranked #22 in the polls and, get this, #3 in the computer rankings. Their record is 8-3.

Last edited by ThunderingHERD : 01-03-2006 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #910
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Ouch.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #911
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well, at least Arlie is working on that for 1.04
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM   #912
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22
I've been working on a Division 3 Mod for the game, and I have it set up for the most part, I'm able to create the league, but I'm coming upon a couple RTE's. I get a RTE 93 when I go to set up the schedule for the upcoming season and when I try to change the states on the view recruits screen. I also get a RTE 5 when I go to view the polls. I'm doing this on the 1.02 demo version, so I was wondering if these were fixed for 1.03 or if its something wrong with the pstats.dat file. I have a post about this on the GDS board:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum...ead.php?t=9445

If you go there, it has the pstats file. If anyone would take a few minutes to download it and try to see if they can recreate the RTE's in 1.03 or other suggestions for the pstats file, I would greatly appreciate it.

Just wanted to bump this incase it got lost in the past couple of pages, it would be awesome if someone would take a few minutes and see if they can get the same RTE's that I do (I did this using the demo version, so it might be because of that). Thanks!
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:18 PM   #913
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I'm not sure whether this is a question about BBCF, or about "strength of schedule" measurements generally...

But is there any circumstance where adding a weak team (I'm not talking about replacing a good one with them but simply adding one more team on top) and beating them appropriately should actually *reduce* your position in this sort of ranking?

I don't know enough to know if (a) what you say actually happens in your BBCF game; and (b) this really is how things work in BBCF, and (c) this is not how it works in real life college football... but if all three are true, then it's a concern for this game. If this really is how it works in real college football, that's just absurd (but of course it ceases to be a concern that the game is incorrectly applying the concept).

For the third straight year I've been assigned a 12th game. This time, week 3 at Fresno State. I beat them 20-6 but dropped 2 places in the media poll and 3 in the coaches poll.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #914
Galaril
Pro Starter

After the first season I think all teams are scheduled 12 games. This is in line with the NCAA which I believe will require all teams to play 12 games per season starting next year. Arlie, could answer this to be certain but that is what I have read at GDS.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #915
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
After the first season I think all teams are scheduled 12 games. This is in line with the NCAA which I believe will require all teams to play 12 games per season starting next year. Arlie, could answer this to be certain but that is what I have read at GDS.

I just checked the the schedule of a half dozen other teams and all of them are playing 11. Also, this didn't start happening until either 2010 or 2011.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:23 PM   #916
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Why not just schedule a 12th game every year of the strength you're looking for? This is the way the real game is going, and you can just assume you're school would push you for it for the money...
Old 01-04-2006, 05:24 PM   #917
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Why not just schedule a 12th game every year of the strength you're looking for? This is the way the real game is going, and you can just assume you're school would push you for it for the money...

Well, that's the plan now since the games seems pretty dead set in giving me one anyway.

edit: The reason I didn't want one is I'd rather have the week off to rest my injured guys.

Last edited by ThunderingHERD : 01-04-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #918
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, seems like every team plays 11 to me.. the 12th comes via division championship.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #919
Galaril
Pro Starter

Yeah, I found a news link the NCAA approved for all division 1A teams to add a 12th game if they choose but it isn't mandatory.

NCAA adopts 12 game format.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:59 AM   #920
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Ah, just ran into the scheduling an extra game thing that I believe ThunderingHerd is talking about. I was under the impression that this was happening during the non-conf scheduling phase of Training Camp but the game gets added during the budget phase. I was checking my AD's expectations and noticed that Arkansas State was on my schedule for week 9. They are not a conference opponent and they are not an existing home and home.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:39 AM   #921
miked
College Starter

Happened to me too. Sucks, because I was RU and got #15 Auburn thrown on my schedule before I even bid for anything.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:22 AM   #922
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
edit: The reason I didn't want one is I'd rather have the week off to rest my injured guys.
I'd think the extra game would be useful for playing time, and therefore player development.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 PM   #923
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Intercepted a 2 point conversion attempt in the endzone, took a knee. Started the next drive on the 0 yard line.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:28 AM   #924
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Has anyone taken a look at budget increase/decreases?

My 2005 season with Hawaii, we went 8-4, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 1 to 41, and my budget increased $30000.

2006 Went 11-2, won the conference, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 2 to 43, and my budget increased $10000.

2007 Went 8-5, Hawaii bowl loss, prestige went up 1 to 44, and my budget decreased $60000.

It just seems random.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #925
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Has anyone taken a look at budget increase/decreases?

My 2005 season with Hawaii, we went 8-4, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 1 to 41, and my budget increased $30000.

2006 Went 11-2, won the conference, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 2 to 43, and my budget increased $10000.

2007 Went 8-5, Hawaii bowl loss, prestige went up 1 to 44, and my budget decreased $60000.

It just seems random.

I agree. Very annoying. Had 3 losses and went to some crappy bowl two years ago. Last year I went to the national championship. Ended up -$40,000.

Just one of many, many examples of this happening.

Last edited by ThunderingHERD : 01-06-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #926
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Boston College ball, Q3, 4-12-BC31 (05:12) 10-17

Glen Isom goes back to punt. The snap is good and here's the punt. It looks like a 46 yard punt, with no return. 1st and 10 for Boston College at the 31.

Boston College ball, Q3, 1-10-BC31 (05:02) 10-17
Offense: Inside Run, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-FB-power-LG
Defense: Stop Run, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-run-MZ-B4,5,8-L

QB Terrance Mickens hands the ball to FB Ethan Lewis. He powers his way forward for a short gain before he's taken down by ILB James Ham.BC: No gain on the play.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:03 PM   #927
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

And their very next punt:

Quote:
Boston College ball, Q4, 4-9-UNC45 (13:57) 10-24

Glen Isom goes back to punt. The snap is good and here's the punt. It looks like a 23 yard punt, with no return. 1st and 10 for Boston College at the 45.

Boston College ball, Q4, 1-10-UNC45 (13:57) 10-24
Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-corner-FL-curl
Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-MZ

There was movement on the OL before the snap. Flags are down. The refs get together.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #928
rjolley
College Starter

Yeah, I've had that happen as well.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #929
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Intercepted a 2 point conversion attempt in the endzone, took a knee. Started the next drive on the 0 yard line.

Arlie said that this was fixed for 1.04 update.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #930
Galaril
Pro Starter

I know this is a waste of time to ask..............But any word on the 1.04 patch, Arlie? Arlie mentioned, he would try to get it out in the near future being that current problems seem to make the game somewhat a waste of time to play at least in a serious universe.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:25 AM   #931
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Not sure if this has been noted already, but there is a serious overload of face mask penalties.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #932
Icy
Pro Starter

For those asking:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn
I've been swamped with the real job lately. I just released the final version to beta and we will be trying it this weekend. If all goes well, we will have something out for early next week. Here's a list of the items in 1.04:

-Remove recruits that don't get an offer
-Have recruits commit a little faster
-Tweak the player creation logic (lower prestige teams)
-Adjust grades on report card
-fix position strength for recruits (RB, WR, DT, CB and others)
-improve speed of simming
-tone down scouting error
-look at FG kickers and adjust their overall success rate down a bit (esp the poorer ones)
-Fix sub issue when CPU sub turned off in PBP
-ensure a good number of jucos appear each season
-Add more players to non-qualify list for recruiting academics
-4th down logic tweaked
-Timeout logic tweaked
-knock down punters a bit - inside 20 and yards (too high)
-Fix the polls
-Fix PBP and other bugs
-Fix AI always playing doubtful players on depth chart
-Change the expectations comments to be more accurate towards team's spot in conference.
-Look at PBP bugs for big return for a TD then a fumble on kickoff
-Add in the playoff bracket
-Allow changes to the recruit pitch by simply changing the combo box (no reset needed)

The main changes are in the polls, player distribution and the recruit pool. I also tried to knock out as many of the PBP and odd play results as I could.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #933
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hooray. i had aborted my earlier career and was waiting on 1.04 to knock out many of these nagging issues, hopefully after 1.04 i can pick it back up and immerse myself
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #934
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The game still never works for me, given the automation error or whatever it is, despite all the patches I've installed and such. Really annoying, but..I guess there isn't much that can be done about it.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #935
duckman
Pro Starter

This is quite annoying. Every so often the buttons on the game won't work unless you exit completely out of the game and reopen it. I was trying to sim a game and I had to exit out of it because the damn button wouldn't work.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #936
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman
This is quite annoying. Every so often the buttons on the game won't work unless you exit completely out of the game and reopen it. I was trying to sim a game and I had to exit out of it because the damn button wouldn't work.
I get this ALL THE TIME and its beyong aggravation. It seems to happen most often for me when you minimize the interface and then bring it back up. Grrrr.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:28 AM   #937
jonesz
Mascot

Ditto for me.. I've taken to saving after every week because of this issue. Hopefully this is fixed in 1.04???
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #938
FBPro
College Starter

Never had this happen and I keep the game open sometimes for days at a time.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:55 AM   #939
miked
College Starter

I have it happen quite frequently, but I'm not sure when. I'll try to click on something and it won't let me. I usually click on the left navigation buttons somewhere and it seems to kick in.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #940
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

I've seen that as well. I usually hit the Windows start button to break the cycle, and then save, exit, and restart the game if it's still pokey.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #941
Tim Tellean
High School JV

are you all using 1024x768, 96 dpi and normal fonts. like FBPro my game sits in the taskbar for days and I never have the problems you guys describe.
Tim Tellean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #942
jonesz
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlie Rahn
This should be fixed in 1.04

FYI.. from the Grey Dog boards. Looks like it should be fixed..
jonesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #943
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Has the endless home and home ever been fixed. Just advanced the season I could swear I played Kentucky at home and went to Oklahoma last season and sure enough both places show back up on my schedule...Guess I could be mistaken though.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:12 PM   #944
Johnny93g
College Starter

Im playing in 2012, and one of my players finally won the Heisman, AND HE'S A FRESHMAN!!!!

Vishante Flatley, ranked 102 overall, #11QB out of hs
284/473, 3734 yards, 31/14 TD/int 142.1 rating for a 10-2 Irish team
Lead the country in completions, yards, TD passes. 1st year in a vertical offense.
It must be a down year, cuz those numbers are good, but not Heisman quality imo. Ill take it none the less

BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #945
Flasch186
Coordinator

did 1.04 ever come out? I havnt been playing since all the bugs were exposed.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:37 PM   #946
Galaril
Pro Starter

It should be a out in a day or two according to Arlie. I as well, haven't touched this game in few weeks and I have lost alot of interest currently. But I am sure I will jump back into it, when the bugs are ironed out down the road.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-09-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 PM   #947
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Can anyone confirm/deny the endless home and home is still in the game. And I think the games biggest problem is that the game still insists on changing just about every defense play I call. Hell, I just lost my undefeated season b/c the game decided that on a last second hail mary against a good passing team would shouldn't blitz any of my blitzing linebackers and instead realy on my freshman and soph DB's to drop back and attempt to bat the ball down. Didn't work. Also, I run a 3-4 and about every other play gets changed to a 4-3 play which gives me a negative. This is with 1.03
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #948
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Can anyone confirm/deny the endless home and home is still in the game. And I think the games biggest problem is that the game still insists on changing just about every defense play I call. Hell, I just lost my undefeated season b/c the game decided that on a last second hail mary against a good passing team would shouldn't blitz any of my blitzing linebackers and instead realy on my freshman and soph DB's to drop back and attempt to bat the ball down. Didn't work. Also, I run a 3-4 and about every other play gets changed to a 4-3 play which gives me a negative. This is with 1.03

Yes, this is a near fatal bug that hopefully is corrected whenever 1.04 is out.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #949
John Galt
Pro Starter

Even when you don't call your own plays, the number of 4-3 plays run when your profile says 0 percent 4-3 is just ridiculous.
Old 01-10-2006, 05:29 PM   #950
Johnny93g
College Starter

Im hoping to land this guy...lol
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote