Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2010, 10:22 PM   #1551
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Shields sure recovered from that first round and is just dominating Hendo right now. Looking very good.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #1552
Flasch186
Coordinator

Dana was right.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #1553
Recoil
High School Varsity

Somewhere, Dana White is smiling.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #1554
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #1555
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Um, what just happened?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #1556
Flasch186
Coordinator

brawl at the end...

good for CBS?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #1557
Recoil
High School Varsity

HAHAHA
Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM   #1558
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Next week on Bully Beatdown, Jake Shields takes on his bully, Mayhem Miller.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #1559
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

wtf was Miller doing in the cage?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #1560
Flasch186
Coordinator

Im think someone from Strikeforce wanted to hype a promo and brought him in...knowing Miller and Strikeforce it just wasnt planned out well and kinda fly by the seat of your pants.

also, SF still has some amateurish production issues to fix.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 04-17-2010 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #1561
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Im think someone from Strikeforce wanted to hype a promo and brought him in...knowing Miller and Strikeforce it just wasnt planned out well and kinda fly by the seat of your pants.

also, SF still has some amateurish production issues to fix.

whatever the case, strikeforce on cbs is likely fucked after another event or two. and the aftermath was just part of the problem.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 04-17-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #1562
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
whatever the case, strikeforce on cbs is likely fucked after another event or two. and the aftermath was just part of the problem.

why is that (other than my opinion as well) ?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #1563
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

for those that don't already know, jake shields' contract with strikeforce will run out before he can fight again.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #1564
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dana just tweeted a smiley face.

He is happier then a pig in shit right now.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #1565
Calis
College Starter

Not sure that it's a big deal. I mean the event itself ended up lackluster enough that I'm not sure anyone will care. Strikeforce is in a bad position now though if Miller plays hardball. He just manhandled Henderson who I can only imagine what they were paying, and will now either leave or earn a big paycheck himself.

Honestly, I'm not sure losing him woud hurt them much. The kid isn't a draw. I guess he gives them some legitimacy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him go. I was impressed with him tonight though, obviously knew he was an outstanding ground fighter, but I didn't expect him to improve position at will with Henderson. If Shields could get halfway decent striking, he'd be a real force, but as it is now I think he's going to have a rough time with the elite WW wrestlers in the UFC for instance.

Aoki/Melendez went about as expected. Melendez was too good a wrestler, boxer, and too strong. Aoki wasn't going to take him down. Too bad though, I'd have really liked to see Aoki get a chance to pull out a crazy submission.

Mousasi/King Mo was a bit of a mess also. I don't really know what to make of it. Mousasi made no attempt at anything resembling takedown defense, and King Mo won an ugly match where both guys were about dead in the 2nd round.

Overall for a card that looked dynamite, it was lacking. What're the odds three fights of that caliber go the distance? Ugly night. I was really hoping to see Henderson and Mousasi win, then see those two square off. I'm not sure who King Mo even fights next?

Seems like they're having issues with Fedor now as well, I imagine Dana is smiling. I think Strikeforce is starting to be in some trouble, but I don't think the idiocy at the end of the night is the reason, although I am surprised they didn't cut from it. I'd say the night overall couldn't have went much worse for them though.

Who'd imagine the Diaz brothers would be involved in something like that?

Last edited by Calis : 04-17-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:43 PM   #1566
Mota
College Benchwarmer

That Aoki fight was pretty pathetic. Kinda reminds me of my 6 year old son trying to take me down playfighting. Ain't gonna happen. The grappling "master" couldn't even come close to a single takedown in 25 minutes.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:55 PM   #1567
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

And Shields makes it 3-for-3 for guys that I wanted to win. Shields is still under-sized at 185 though. However, with Nick Diaz the welterweight champ, Shields can't move down.

Overall, a horrible night for Strikeforce. First off you have the two upsets in the Mousasi and Henderson losses. Secondly is a disrespected Jake Shields who had the opportunity to extend his contract prior to the Henderson fight and declined. Third is the fact that all three fights went the distance which would have left the CBS local affiliates extremely upset, with the show running about 40 minutes late. To top it off is the Mayhem Miller fiasco.

Edit: And I forgot to mention lacklustre fights. Two dull Saturday nights in a row. The two most anticipated fights for me though are next weekend and hopefully Aldo vs. Faber and Henderson vs. Cerrone II deliver.

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 04-17-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #1568
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
And Shields makes it 3-for-3 for guys that I wanted to win. Shields is still under-sized at 185 though. However, with Nick Diaz the welterweight champ, Shields can't move down.

Overall, a horrible night for Strikeforce. First off you have the two upsets in the Mousasi and Henderson losses. Secondly is a disrespected Jake Shields who had the opportunity to extend his contract prior to the Henderson fight and declined. Third is the fact that all three fights went the distance which would have left the CBS local affiliates extremely upset, with the show running about 40 minutes late. To top it off is the Mayhem Miller fiasco.

Edit: And I forgot to mention lacklustre fights. Two dull Saturday nights in a row. The two most anticipated fights for me though are next weekend and hopefully Aldo vs. Faber and Henderson vs. Cerrone II deliver.

aldo v. faber and henderson v. cerrone II make that look like a card worth actually paying for
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #1569
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The King Mo match in particular was a nightmare for a wrestling haters (in other words me). There's no way you could ever give that fight to Mousasi, but he got (repeatedly) dominated with Mo's faced mushed into sternum while he fed him hammerfists and upkicks. On the one hand, I'd have probably given Mo every round too (not to mention the penalty), but you hate to see a guy win a 25 minute fight by pretty much just repeatedly achieving the dominant position, not doing much with it, and showing an inability to protect his head.

That said, nice show CBS. You got your playground rumble at the end, 13 out of 15 rounds of one-sided fightin', Frank Shamrock's sweaty ass and his braces (yeah, that's gonna help Frank) who pretty much took the last 3 rounds of the Shields fight off (not that I'm complaining), like 40 ref stoppages, crappy angles with half the fighters body out of frame. HOT! HOT! HOT!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:16 AM   #1570
Flasch186
Coordinator

it really was amateur hour from the production side of things IMO.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #1571
Calis
College Starter

Was anyone else seriously creeped out by Ranallo molesting Jake Shields when Gus Johnson was interviewing him after the melee? That was awkward.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #1572
BYU 14
Coordinator

My Tivo cut off right before the main event which was thrilling, what happened after the Henderson / Shields fight? Sounds better than anything that happened when there was suppose to be fighting.

I have seen about 10 Mousasi fights and he looked lost tonight, he basically let Mo take him down. It was not a pretty fight, but I give Mo credit for doing what he had to do. The Melendez / Aoki fight was a terrible matchup of styles and it doesn't sound like Shields and Hendo was much better.

This card looked like it had some potential and Strikeforce missed a golden opportunity after the last UFC debacle. It is really a shame when the best MMA show I have seen this month was Fridays King of the Cage on HDnet.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #1573
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis View Post
Was anyone else seriously creeped out by Ranallo molesting Jake Shields when Gus Johnson was interviewing him after the melee? That was awkward.

it was amateur hour, I think he (Ranallo) felt like if he didnt get his 'critique' of the melee and apology to the fans on the air no one else was capable enough to do it, or it might be overlooked. Ive been on both sides of that feeling before...feeling like if you didnt 'say it' or 'let it be known' it wouldne be said and it 'had to be said'. If all of the outcomes of that feeling look like that its best to just shut up. I honestly think that it goes to show how good the UFC does it with their commentary setup vs. these guys who try to do a 'boxing' stylized production vs. UFC's analysis. I think it also goes to show how smart about the sport Rogan is.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #1574
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Old 04-18-2010, 12:54 PM   #1575
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
it was amateur hour, I think he (Ranallo) felt like if he didnt get his 'critique' of the melee and apology to the fans on the air no one else was capable enough to do it, or it might be overlooked. Ive been on both sides of that feeling before...feeling like if you didnt 'say it' or 'let it be known' it wouldne be said and it 'had to be said'. If all of the outcomes of that feeling look like that its best to just shut up. I honestly think that it goes to show how good the UFC does it with their commentary setup vs. these guys who try to do a 'boxing' stylized production vs. UFC's analysis. I think it also goes to show how smart about the sport Rogan is.

Yeah definitely he was itching to get in there and say his part. He had good intentions, but the whole thing was a mess, amateur hour is a good way to describe it.

Mauro also needed to make up for Gus Johnson saying during the brawl "Sometimes these things happen in MMA." Uhh...no they don't, and you just painted things a lot worse for the sport.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:58 PM   #1576
Flasch186
Coordinator

and after seeing Sov's clip there, the 3 piece suits and MMA just are a farce. Know your audience boys.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 04-18-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #1577
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

The Diaz brothers are a total disgrace to MMA.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #1578
Travis
Pro Rookie

Seeing reports through twitter and sites like TMZ that Tito was arrested on charges of domestic abuse and apparently Jenna has stated that she's going to press charges.

Now I haven't heard why Tito won't be facing Chuck after the current season of TUF, but I'd imagine if this is true that Tito is done in the UFC (at least I hope so) if he wasn't already for whatever the reason was that he wasn't going to be doing the coaches fight.

Probably one of the best coaches that I've seen in any of the seasons (at least as far as the principle fighters go), but he's just a complete jackass (or worse) otherwise.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:48 PM   #1579
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Tito should be arrested for having such a huge-ass head. Dude does seem like a huge cock, and at this point in his career I don't think we're really missing much if he were pushed off to the trash bin where he seemingly belongs. That said, his cornering does stick out on T.U.F. although sometimes he seems almost guilty of over-coaching dudes and riding them into the ground...he's like the exact opposite of Rampage coaching wise (Rampage:"Get up......get up........get up.......get up.")

Also, I'd just like to say that I heart the korean zombie.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #1580
Recoil
High School Varsity

MMA Live on ESPN2 is reporting that Shogun's left knee isn't 100% for tonight's fight. Still hoping he KO's Machida, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #1581
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Good opening round.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #1582
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nice slam.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #1583
Recoil
High School Varsity

Belcher calling out Silva is laughable.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #1584
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Based on how they are carrying themselves prior to the fight I would say Mitrione gets knocked out. He looks like he's not really there to be serious (granted that may change when the bell rings) and Slice looks like he is there to kill him.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #1585
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sweet, think I may need to get a Maxim magazine...

I absolutely love her.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #1586
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

you should follow her on twitter, she umm sometimes posts some awesome pictures
Old 05-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #1587
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post

who? what?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #1588
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post

Sounds like a plan.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #1589
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

They are some punishing kicks
Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #1590
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
who? what?

Arianny
Old 05-08-2010, 09:50 PM   #1591
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Have we finally seen the last of Kimbo?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #1592
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Have we finally seen the last of Kimbo?

Kimbo has been nothing but humble since he started MMA, but I can't see him competing on a high level. I still say he should've went into boxing rather than MMA.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #1593
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Meathead looked great. Yeah Kimbo is Kimbo but Meathead was way improved from his time on TUF.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #1594
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
Kimbo has been nothing but humble since he started MMA, but I can't see him competing on a high level. I still say he should've went into boxing rather than MMA.

Humble doesn't mean quaified to be fighting on a PPV card...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #1595
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Meathead looked great. Yeah Kimbo is Kimbo but Meathead was way improved from his time on TUF.

Agreed, but he still looks kind of clueless when he's got position on the ground. He's definitely improving, though.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #1596
Recoil
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Humble doesn't mean quaified to be fighting on a PPV card...

Name power means a lot. He has the ability to draw viewers because of the Kimbo name.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:00 PM   #1597
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Old 05-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #1598
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Ho!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:06 PM   #1599
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I thought he was going in for a handshake...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:07 PM   #1600
Recoil
High School Varsity

"That was the best punch he landed all night."