Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2021, 11:29 AM   #451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I just found out in the Lehigh Valley that 80% in the hospitals here due to COVID are unvaccinated.

Surprised it isn't higher.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:30 AM   #452
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just got the call from my sons school. He has to quarantine for 14 days due to a close contact on the bus. Fucking sucks. He can go back the 21st. Last day is the 22nd. I may just let him skip.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #453
henry296
College Starter

At least in PA the close contact rules don't come into play if both people are wearing masks or vaccinated. In our district that has reduced the close contact quarantines by 90%.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:02 PM   #454
tarcone
Coordinator

So our district is getting hammered by Covid. Our board eliminated masks at the beginning of the year. So now the board is giving us Monday and Tuesday, but are calling it Teacher Mental Health days. No teacher in our district wants this. Shoot, we just had Christmas break and MLK day.
Well, the board didnt tell the community that these days will have to be made up. And it looks like either during Spring break or the end of the year.
Yeah, when the community finds this out, guess who they are going to blame? Yeah, the teachers. And the board also reinstated masking, which I dont think has been made public yet.

Yeah, the board threw the teachers under the bus. What a bunch of assholes.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:45 PM   #455
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

My wife has been a teacher her entire professional life. She loves being a teacher. She even has served on County and State Art Educator Boards. She does curriculum writing for her County. She's going to get her Masters in Art Education. And yet, the other day she told me that if next school year is going to be like this one, she may be done. It shocked the Hell out of me.

Basically there are no subs and therefore if someone is out, other teachers have to pick up the slack for them. In addition to a bunch of teachers who retired due to Covid leading to much bigger classes sizes. She's kind of at her wits end.

It reminded me of the 3 weeks or so in 2020 where people talked super highly of teachers and said they needed to be taken care, only for a few months later saying go back to work, lazy teachers. And the folks that said those teachers who hesitated to go back to teaching in person should just quit and plenty of people want jobs... yeah.. no one apparently wants to be a teacher right now. And the ones that in it are suffering.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-21-2022 at 09:45 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:07 PM   #456
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
My wife has been a teacher her entire professional life. She loves being a teacher. She even has served on County and State Art Educator Boards. She does curriculum writing for her County. She's going to get her Masters in Art Education. And yet, the other day she told me that if next school year is going to be like this one, she may be done. It shocked the Hell out of me.

Basically there are no subs and therefore if someone is out, other teachers have to pick up the slack for them. In addition to a bunch of teachers who retired due to Covid leading to much bigger classes sizes. She's kind of at her wits end.

It reminded me of the 3 weeks or so in 2020 where people talked super highly of teachers and said they needed to be taken care, only for a few months later saying go back to work, lazy teachers. And the folks that said those teachers who hesitated to go back to teaching in person should just quit and plenty of people want jobs... yeah.. no one apparently wants to be a teacher right now. And the ones that in it are suffering.

Absolutely. Education is in trouble for many reasons. On my end in regard to special education, there is going to be so many looking for lawsuits and districts will be in trouble having to pay them as there have no allowances for anything despite what is going on (all this related to staff shortages, not having time for certain programs etc)

Last edited by Danny : 01-21-2022 at 10:08 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:17 AM   #457
tarcone
Coordinator

We have more teacher positive cases this month than all of last year. We have nearly as many student positive cases this month than all of last year.

We had making policies last year, but not this year.

Our board gave lip service about making up these 2 "teacher mental health" days about how important student contact days are. Yeah, the same board that eliminated masks.

The board president sold the end of masking showing data that there is a 2 month surge then it goes away. Of course he didnt say he data was from areas that had a high rate of vaccinated people and masking mandates.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote