Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-10-2005, 05:24 AM   #501
Raiders Army
Coordinator

dubb93 taken out and now Fouts may die. Is Fouts a human or wolf? This one's gonna be tough, since we're now 15-3, and possibly 14-3 or 15-2 if Fouts dies.

While not in the panic mode yet, I think that these next couple days will be critical. We need to get a wolf.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 AM   #502
Raiders Army
Coordinator

List of suspects:

1. RealDeal-voted waaaaaay early for Fouts, and then Fouts gets poisoned. Also argues with dubb and then dubb gets eaten.
2. Fouts-caused a villager to die. It would be irony if we saved him from the poisoned dart and he's a wolf.

Top two in my mind.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #503
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Forgot one:

3. SnDvls-argued with Lathum and Lathum pointed him out as being suspicious.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:02 AM   #504
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
2. Fouts-caused a villager to die. It would be irony if we saved him from the poisoned dart and he's a wolf.

If it was me with the Potion, I would not save him. If it was me with the Ointment, I would save him. The Ointment will reveal his role and it is cheap enough that someone can purchase it later in the game so it isn't out of the game for the duration (hello, lightning attack?) in the event that someone needs healing.

Also, wolves eat and then the Ointment is activated. So a wolf could not eat him in response to having his role revealed. If someone uses the Ointment on Fouts and finds him to be a villager then a life is saved. If someone uses the Ointment on Fouts and finds him to be a wolf then:
1.) Their story is valid based on Fouts being alive the next morning
2.) We hang him

This doesn't work as well if a wolf has the ointment:
1.) why would they waste the item instead of just letting Fouts die if he is a villager.
2.) If Fouts is a wolf, they could heal their wolf comrade, claim that he was a villager, and then two people appear to be cleared.

But for the wolf/ointment scenario, a number of things would have to happen for this to work against the villagers:
1.) Someone had to use the dart against a wolf
2.) A wolf had to have either gotten the ointment at the outset or made a purchase already (cost: 3)

Based on the above arguments, I'm going to be pretty suspicious of anyone who uses a potion to save Fouts knowing that the ointment could reveal his role. Willing to listen to reasons for doing so, but definitely suspicious ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:09 AM   #505
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nice analysis. I have to keep going back to page 1 of the thread to figure out what's what. I agree, the ointment should be used on Fouts. If the ointment isn't used, then whoever has it must be suspicious.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:17 AM   #506
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, and if Fouts is alive tomorrow without anyone taking credit for healing him then he moves to the top of my lynch list.

Fouts, just in case this sounds unduly harsh to you - I'll be very happy to learn you are a villager if someone comes forward with the ointment. This actually saves you from having to defend yourself all day today, which would have been a big waste of everyone's time if you are a villager.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #507
hoopsguy
General Manager

Last point before I'm a pumpkin for most of the day (hope to be back last hour or two before voting):

If you have the ointment, and are thinking about using it, I don't know how good an idea it would be to out yourself during the day. The wolves could eat you before you use the item. If that happens we don't advance our knowledge of Fouts and you are dead.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:17 AM   #508
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think Fouts is a villager. However, I don't have the means to save him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #509
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I got passed another cool item. The wolves are going to have to figure it out eventually, they need to kill me.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:44 AM   #510
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I got passed another cool item. The wolves are going to have to figure it out eventually, they need to kill me.

Did you just ask to be eaten?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #511
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Blade, you amaze me. In the other game, a guy basically typed out was his role was and bolded it, and you couldn't figure it out. I was trying to be a bit more subtle with my hints to you, but obviously that doesn't work. So for everyone's benefit, but particularly Blade's:

I...AM...A...VILLAGER...WHO...HAS...THE...COAT...OF...ARMS

If you look back at my old posts, that's what I was hinting at. Honestly, looking at them now, I'm not sure what I even said that was wolf-worthy: "Bring it on!" Why would a wolf say that first turn?

Anyway, what's the only thing worse than wasting a turn killing a villager? That's a rhetorical question, but for Blade's benefit I'll type the answer out: spending two turns to kill the same villager.

So run some scans on me this turn to check me out. Hell, I don't give a shit if you lynch me this turn; I just don't want you to lynch me two turns in a row.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:41 AM   #512
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Did you just ask to be eaten?
Not exactly, but knowing who has that Hammer makes me a little powerful, I think. We saw he used it last night, he'll use it again tonight. He'll use it tomorrow since I have this handy new item.

Kudos to the one who sent it to me.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:05 AM   #513
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Blade, you amaze me. In the other game, a guy basically typed out was his role was and bolded it, and you couldn't figure it out. I was trying to be a bit more subtle with my hints to you, but obviously that doesn't work. So for everyone's benefit, but particularly Blade's:

I...AM...A...VILLAGER...WHO...HAS...THE...COAT...OF...ARMS

If you look back at my old posts, that's what I was hinting at. Honestly, looking at them now, I'm not sure what I even said that was wolf-worthy: "Bring it on!" Why would a wolf say that first turn?

Anyway, what's the only thing worse than wasting a turn killing a villager? That's a rhetorical question, but for Blade's benefit I'll type the answer out: spending two turns to kill the same villager.

So run some scans on me this turn to check me out. Hell, I don't give a shit if you lynch me this turn; I just don't want you to lynch me two turns in a row.
I can come up with only two conclusions:

1. You don't have the coat of arms and you're bluffing.
2. You have the coat of arms, and you're an idiot. Why would you put yourself on the chopping block? To use the coat of arms? I would think that is something that you would want to keep instead of use to grandstand.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #514
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I did want to keep it, but since I'm getting accusations, I wanted to make everything clear. This team takes the short bus to the village every day; subtlety doesn't really work.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #515
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

We do need to work a bit on our subtlety detectors. We'd probably get more mileage out of not spelling things out quite so completely.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #516
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Pretty quiet today, tumbleweeds are blowing by...
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #517
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Pretty quiet today, tumbleweeds are blowing by...

Hung over.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #518
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm just waiting to see what unfolds. Right now, there are some interesting undercurrents going on. While I certainly think we need to get a werewolf (or all of them) in the next few days, this is no time to panic. We've already killed two sorcerors (well the Wolves helped us with one) and we are in good shape right now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:55 AM   #519
digamma
Torchbearer

Today is a quiet day.

Fouts was going to be the main target, but there's no real reason to lynch him.

RealDeal has been mentioned, but if he does have the cloak, there's no reason to lynch him.

So, we don't have a hell of a lot to go on...

But, I think tonight will be interesting.

First, we see if Fouts is saved, and if so, by what object.

Second, we see if the second mask is really destroyed. If it isn't destroyed, I think it's going to be important for AE to come forward with who he passed the mask to. For now, though, I can understand him wanting to keep that info secret--though we do have a 1 in 3 guess based on his earlier post.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 PM   #520
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Right now the villagers are stuck in the mud. There is no absolute evidence to accuse or vote for anybody. I wonder if the wolves got the amulet of seeing. Fouts did say someone stole it from him. I will be waiting to see what happens, but it looks like we are back at Day 1. I have a feeling that today's voting will be more random, unless someone finds a smoking gun.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:01 PM   #521
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

DOLA

The voting patterns are not very helpful since we had bandwagons both days.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:03 PM   #522
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The only other one who's really been mentioned is SunDvls, and we hardly have anything to go on there, either. He's been quiet, but that's about all I have on him.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #523
MrBug708
Head Coach

I have to go to work and then school and wont be back before the deadline again.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:07 PM   #524
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I have to go to work and then school and wont be back before the deadline again.

Any insights/votes before you roll?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #525
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I agree with Superman that we don't really have much to work with. For the time being, I'll unvote Fouts since he's poisoned anyway.

unvote Fouts
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM   #526
MrBug708
Head Coach

Not a clue really. The only people who received votes anytime yesterday were Sndvls, Mr. Wednesday, Fouts, and Lathum.

At this point, it's too hard to make out who the villagers are. There is no side plot with the desciptions either.

DiGamma did get a vote from whoever had the Wisdom Ring.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #527
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma

Second, we see if the second mask is really destroyed. If it isn't destroyed, I think it's going to be important for AE to come forward with who he passed the mask to. For now, though, I can understand him wanting to keep that info secret--though we do have a 1 in 3 guess based on his earlier post.

Agreed. If the mask isn't destroyed today, I'll declare who has the Hammer. If I die beforehand, then at least you'll have a 1 in 3 shot.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:19 PM   #528
SnDvls
Pro Starter

You rang?

Day 2 voting is all screwed up as we all went for Lathum, except for the few who didn't or the two who didn't vote.

Day 1 is all over the place too.

I seem to be getting a lot of fingers pointed at me, might want to check out those people. What have I done that leads you to think I'm not a villager? Argue with another villager who was labled a wolf by Fouts who we all believed. Sorry, but a lot of you are chasing the wrong person.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM   #529
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

We need someone to come up with something otherwise this can turn ugly really fast. We still have numbers, but if we continue to vote for the wrong people and the wolfies continue to kill/convert us we will be in trouble.

I think it is highly likely the wolves used the dart on Fouts. I think we have to assume they have the amulet of seeing. Looks like the wolves could get three kills by tommorrow morning. The wolves know the odds are in their favor that the villagers will pick another innocent to be hung. We need someone to come foward with some solid evidence.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #530
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

Today we have to spread out our voting, and hope we hit something.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #531
MrBug708
Head Coach

There probably isn't much evidence in this thread unfortunately.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #532
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
The bigger worry about both being villagers is that the score would fall to 13-3 without any strong voting patterns to look at. The sheer number of villagers, coupled with it being a two-horse race on Day 1 and a unanimous on Day 2, would provide a lot of cover for the werewolves.

Even in this worst case scenario, it is still 13-3 and more information (and disinformation) will come to light with the use of items.

we should have listened to hoops here. I'm as guilty as everyone else in that now we have no pattern to help us.

2 Day voting Pattern of those left.

kingfc22 - hoopsguy , No Vote
Coffee Warlord - Ardent , Lathum
Henry296 - fouts (unvoted), qwik, lathum
sndvls - mr. wednesday, lathum
Blade6119 - RealDeal , No Vote
Brian D - digamma, lathum
digamma - lathum, lathum
EaglesFan27 - Qwik, lathum
hoopsguy - qwik, lathum
fouts - Raiders army, lathum
schmidty - ardent, lathum
vince - eagles, lathum
RealDeal - mr bug (unvoted). qwik, lathum
Raiders Army - fouts, lathum (unvoted) fouts
Mr Wednesday - sndvls, lathum (unvoted), sndvls
MrBug - superman, lathum
superman - ardent, fouts
ardent schmidty (unvoted) qwik, lathum

Last edited by SnDvls : 08-10-2005 at 12:41 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 12:42 PM   #533
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I vote Digamma

I was hoping to not have to bring this out yet, but I know Digamma is a wolf. On night 1, I used the pendant of seeing. It was a one-use object and it is now gone (so the wolves don't gain anything by taking me out). I didn't say anything about it yesterday because Fouts seemed to see that Lathum was a wolf and I thought I'd have a chance to see who Digamma was working/voting with. Since we really didn't get to see anything yesterday, and we need to get a wolf today, I'll reveal what I saw.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #534
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sounds good to me, but your toast if you're wrong.

Vote Digamma.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #535
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You're toast, that is.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:48 PM   #536
MrBug708
Head Coach

Since the voting has started, I'll go with Digamma as well.

vote - DiGamma
Old 08-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #537
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Sounds good to me, but your toast if you're wrong.

Vote Digamma.

Fair enough. I was a little worried about him having a mask, but it looks like we have accounted for 2 masks already. I really doubt there would be 3.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #538
henry296
College Starter

Brian did you have 2 items yesterday?
Old 08-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #539
digamma
Torchbearer

I don't think we've accounted for both masks. AE has claimed he had a mask and that he passed it on. The person who said he passed AE the mask is dead, I believe.

I'm a villager. I can't claim to have the mask because there are those in the game who know what object I have.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:59 PM   #540
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There is a chance that the mask went to the guy with that guise thing. However, I think the person with the Hammer would be talking about it if the mask had not arrived.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #541
digamma
Torchbearer

Fair point, AE.

As I said, I don't have the mask.

Two people know what object I have/had. One because I told them. And the second because they have been the "beneficiary" of the object.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #542
hoopsguy
General Manager

In for a second, will be interested to see what comes up over the next couple of hours.

Brian, if you are a wolf and picked Digamma at random you are in jeopardy here. Particularly if Digamma is in fact claiming to have never had a mask.

Digamma, I believe you could have had the mask passed to you and had it in addition to another item which you think vindicates you with some villagers. So I'll ask the question directly:

Did you ever have a mask in your possession during this game?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #543
digamma
Torchbearer

I have never had a mask in my possession.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:05 PM   #544
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Who used the Ring of Wisdom to vote for Digamma last vote? And why?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #545
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Better yet, I'd like to know what item digamma has that vindicates him.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #546
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We got burned by the last 'seer' accusation, so I don't really wanna rush into anything just yet. Does anyone have ANY additional dirt on digamma?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #547
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We were burned due to there being two masks. Digamma stating he's never had a mask hurts his position...and hurts Brian's position even more should digamma be a villager.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #548
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I just don't like us all piling on one guy instantaneously. One, as we've encoutered already, it screws any hope of a voting pattern, and two, I'm really hoping we don't go by one guy's word all the time. It'll end bad for us.

That said, Brian went out on a limb here, and we've still got a big lead. I doubt he'd pull this if he was a wolfie. Basically same situation Fouts was in yesterday, except Lathum (assumably) had the Mask.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:21 PM   #549
henry296
College Starter

I think am one of the 2 people the digamma claims to defend him as a villager. However, the information that I know about digamma doesn't vindicate him.

The first day when I used the Robe I choose digamma to PM with. He told me he had a the Cloak of Whispers. His comment about another being able to validate his claims would be the person he used to desingated to have PM rights for the day.

As of know I believe Brian.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #550
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll confirm Henry's information about the item Digamma possesses. He also states that he has never had a mask.

Possessing the Cloak of Whispers doesn't indicate if he is a wolf one way or another. But not having had a mask removes any possibility of a 'seer' mistake.

No reason for Digamma to lie about not having a mask, since he could say he had the mask as a way of covering if he was a wolf.

No vote here yet - waiting to see what else comes out.