Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #251
hoopsguy
General Manager

Peregrine, are the items referenced in Post #70 intended to be secret from the rest of us? I recognize that revealing the Robe specifically would be a big deal in terms of gameplay - that said, was it supposed to be a mystery which items could be used during Day 0?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #252
Fouts
College Starter

Just got back from softball playoffs to find my neck on the line. The odds are against my being an evil guys again, mathematically speaking.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:12 PM   #253
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Curses, foiled again
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:18 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm glad I kept my vote on Qwikshot. Nice for the good guys to get lucky on night 1 for once.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #255
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ok, leaving the hotel in LA...gonna be about a 6-7 hour drive so i should either just make or miss the deadline...basically ill be MIA till tonight when i can start my usual loudmouth tactics that prob. get me killed every game...anywho, just to have a vote in, i guess ill go random(not counting dubb, sorry about last game man) ill go with:

Vote RealDeal

Nothing on ya man, just a random pick...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Bring it on, Blade. You'll die before I will.

Seems a little odd...maybe im reading too far into it since its against me, just seems sketchy...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:56 PM   #256
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Seems a little odd...maybe im reading too far into it since its against me, just seems sketchy...

Does seem more than a little odd to me....How exactly could he be so sure u'll die before he does?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:02 PM   #257
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'm glad I kept my vote on Qwikshot. Nice for the good guys to get lucky on night 1 for once.

I wish I would have kept my vote on him too, but I voted for him b/c he was quiet and then he posted a message so I was back to square one.

Quote:
ell I hate to rain on Henry but it smells fishy to me.

The wolves don't know who the sorcerer is, so I consider it a strong possibility that ardent or fouts is a wolf. If henry is a wolf it would be a clever move to switch because it would seem WAY to obvious. By doing this he deflects any possible last minute switches that would kill a wolf.

I think it is just dumb luck we got the sorcerer, so it makes Henry look even better.

I think whoever has the power should watch Henry tonight.

I second this, but why would a wolf make a stupid move like that this early? If Henry is a wolf, that was an all time stupid mistake.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #258
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
I wish I would have kept my vote on him too, but I voted for him b/c he was quiet and then he posted a message so I was back to square one.

but you unvoted him , voted hoops, unvoted, voted Qwik, unvoted and then voted me. You unvoted him twice....hmm

Last edited by SnDvls : 08-08-2005 at 10:06 PM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #259
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
but you unvoted him , voted hoops, unvoted, voted Qwik, unvoted and then voted me. You unvoted him twice....hmm

I was trying to accuse everyone on day 1 I trust no one.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:12 PM   #260
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I was trying to accuse everyone on day 1 I trust no one.

Hell, for the record he voted me before the roles were even sent out...dont forget that!
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:15 PM   #261
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hell, for the record he voted me before the roles were even sent out...dont forget that!

that was all in fun though (at least I think). I mean you did throw him down a well.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:18 PM   #262
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Peregrine, are the items referenced in Post #70 intended to be secret from the rest of us? I recognize that revealing the Robe specifically would be a big deal in terms of gameplay - that said, was it supposed to be a mystery which items could be used during Day 0?

The Robe was the only one this rule applied to in this game.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:19 PM   #263
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
that was all in fun though (at least I think). I mean you did throw him down a well.

I wouldnt go as far as to say throw...it was more af a gentle nudge in the well's general direction
Demotivation
Old 08-08-2005, 10:21 PM   #264
SnDvls
Pro Starter

(OOC) well...no pun intended. the baby's crying so I must get going it's my turn to feed her the bottle. see you all in the morning
Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #265
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wow...missed 5 posts worth of stuff because of school/work. Glad to see a shady character go down the drain. Just need to read through all of the posts now and read carefully.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:24 PM   #266
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wouldnt go as far as to say throw...it was more af a gentle nudge in the well's general direction

True, you just pointed, the mob did the throwing

Last edited by dubb93 : 08-08-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:26 PM   #267
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I guess this "rookie" has been vindicated. I would suggest now examining the people who changed votes away from Qwik when the voting was tight.
Except that IIRC, the wolves did not know who the sorceror was.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #268
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Also, it looks as though Jeff should be able to divine whether the apprentice was PMing with Qwik or not by the amount of silver he gained, if I'm reading the rules right and he gets Qwik's silver.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 PM   #269
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:

maybe I got me something in my bag o' lucky charms...
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:42 PM   #270
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Except that IIRC, the wolves did not know who the sorceror was.

I hear what you are saying, but the fact was there was some fishy voting when Qwik got in the lead. On Day 1, no one should give a shit who takes the first lynching, so why all the sudden votes for Ardent and the unvotes for Qwik? Not counting Jeff's switch, there were 3 people who either suddenly voted for Ardent or unvoted Qwik (or both). Was it a complete coincidence? Maybe. But maybe there is something in the rules that is left unknown or is there something we aren't reading right.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #271
RealDeal
High School Varsity

check this out:

Quote:
2) There will be three wolves, one Sorcerer, and one Apprentice Sorcerer in the game. The Sorcerer wins if the wolves win but loses if the village wins. The Sorcerer does not know the wolves and the wolves do not know the Sorcerer. The Apprentice Sorcerer must choose if he wants to play as a normal Sorcerer (and have PM rights with the other Sorcerer) or as a normal villager (in which case the other Sorcerer will be awarded 3 silver). He must choose at the beginning of the game before he posts and notify the moderator.

1) lynch - 8:00 pm EDT, the lynch is resolved. The player with the most votes is killed (a tie results in no lynch). His items (if any and including Silver) are dropped in public, they are picked up by the owner of the Crown who must pass them that night (because the Crown cannot be passed and each player may only keep one item, the King may keep all the Silver he picks up however).

Qwik didn't have any silver did he? This would lead me to believe that at least one other person knew who he was.

Last edited by RealDeal : 08-08-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #272
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, but the fact was there was some fishy voting when Qwik got in the lead. On Day 1, no one should give a shit who takes the first lynching, so why all the sudden votes for Ardent and the unvotes for Qwik? Not counting Jeff's switch, there were 3 people who either suddenly voted for Ardent or unvoted Qwik (or both). Was it a complete coincidence? Maybe. But maybe there is something in the rules that is left unknown or is there something we aren't reading right.

The rules in these games are pretty cut-and-dried; room for interpretation can really hinder the players of the game and their strategy. Because of this, I'd be hesitant to think that somehow people are communicating when they rules don't specify that they are able to -- especially since Peregrine confirmed that the Robe was the only item that was allowed to be activated before night 1.

I am quite doubtful that the sudden switching of votes was anything other than coincidence.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:36 PM   #273
hoopsguy
General Manager

It sounds like Henry was on the up-and-up, based on Peregrine's comments. Sorry for the heat but without that detail things were not adding up.

Vince, the fact that the sorc did not have money strongly implies he had an apprentice (or was the apprentice). But a single sorcerer dying should have yielded three silver pieces. That did not happen.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 PM   #274
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, leaving the hotel in LA...gonna be about a 6-7 hour drive so i should either just make or miss the deadline...basically ill be MIA till tonight when i can start my usual loudmouth tactics that prob. get me killed every game...anywho, just to have a vote in, i guess ill go random(not counting dubb, sorry about last game man) ill go with:

Vote RealDeal

Nothing on ya man, just a random pick...

Quote:
Bring it on, Blade. You'll die before I will.

Quote:

Quote:
Does seem more than a little odd to me....How exactly could he be so sure u'll die before he does?

Quote:
maybe I got me something in my bag o' lucky charms...

I still think this side convo needs more attention played to it...something just seems wrong about that first comment he made, and then him trying to play it off with a joke makes me even more suspicious...Can someone besdies dubb analyze this??????

PLEASE

Thank you, have a nice day gents
Demotivation
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well, I'd say if you die, it looks very bad for the realdeal.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:46 PM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Unless you turn out to be a wolf of course
Old 08-08-2005, 11:49 PM   #277
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm trying to figure out how the sorcerers really harm the villagers. They don't eat. There are no declared powers associated with the sorcerer.

1.) The biggest threat I have seen so far is the ability to use the Book of the Damned to be converted into a wolf. But that item must be purchased (cost of 6, only items of 5 start in the game) or somehow rotate to them on a later night. Assuming that the book does not rotate to them randomly, it would take six days for the last remaining sorcerer to use this trick.
2.) They can impact the ability to determine wolves via the Ledger since it combines wolves + sorcs.
3.) They can hold onto items that would help the villagers against the wolves.

On the negative side, the sorcerer can still be eaten just like any other villager, since the wolves don't know who he is unless one of them uses the Scroll of Identity.

I think there is probably some work we can do with voting patterns from yesterday to try and narrow down who is the remaining sorcerer. I'm just not convinced that this is our highest priority, as the wolves are the ones who drain our numbers. Sure it would be great to get the sorcerer instead of lynching a villager - but all things being equal I'm pretty sure I want to string up a wolf.

Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:55 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, would you like me to post logic that defends his comment? I would rather he expand on it and make things more clear than have someone else supply him with arguments.

Outcomes:
1.) RealDeal says something that gets him lynched tomorrow.
2.) RealDeal has a fine rebuttal and everyone (including you?) moves on to other targets.
3.) RealDeal doesn't respond at all. People should file this away and give it some level of consideration when voting comes around.

But having someone else try to read into it and give an eloquent answer for RealDeal doesn't necessarily advance the cause.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:06 AM   #279
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, would you like me to post logic that defends his comment? I would rather he expand on it and make things more clear than have someone else supply him with arguments.

Outcomes:
1.) RealDeal says something that gets him lynched tomorrow.
2.) RealDeal has a fine rebuttal and everyone (including you?) moves on to other targets.
3.) RealDeal doesn't respond at all. People should file this away and give it some level of consideration when voting comes around.

But having someone else try to read into it and give an eloquent answer for RealDeal doesn't necessarily advance the cause.

Indeed, if he explains its sufficiently i will happily move on...but he already responded to it by saying he has tricks up his sleeve...that makes me even more suspicious...now, i also have 1-2 others im interested in looking at, but i posted this about real deal since i thought it warranted group recognition.

I wanted people simply to notice it and not let it get glazed over by an abundance of posts(which occured, 2-3 of them by real deal about other topics)...i want him to explain it, but more then anything just make sure it was taken in by everyone playing.

Now i go to analyze my other village-mates, so ill see you all tomorrow morning
Demotivation
Old 08-09-2005, 12:40 AM   #280
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Vince, the fact that the sorc did not have money strongly implies he had an apprentice (or was the apprentice). But a single sorcerer dying should have yielded three silver pieces. That did not happen.

Excellent point -- I completely forgot about there being two sorcerors. Carry on
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:23 AM   #281
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The night is busy, with people stealthily going to one another's houses, items changing hands, and magic being performed. Most of you are able to get a fairly good night's sleep despite it all. In the morning however, there is a disturbance; another body has been found! Torn apart in his house is your poor King, Jeff061, his crown lying rent and stomped on beside him. However, you're pretty sure that Jeff061 was a Sorceror! So people feel pretty good about that.

The bad news is that the Crown is destroyed, so there is no King for the rest of the game. That means that items that are dropped from anyone who is lynched are now lost!

Day 2

Lathum
kingfc22
sundvls
blade6119
Coffee Warlord
Henry296
BrianD
digamma
eaglesfan27
hoopsguy
fouts
schmidty
dubb93
vince
Qwikshot - Lynched Day 1 - Sorceror
RealDeal
Jeff061 - Killed Night 1 - Sorceror
Raiders Army
Mr. Wednesday
MrBug708
Superman=#54
ardent enthusiast

Lynch votes due in by 8 pm eastern. Let me know if you want to activate any day items (rings, staff, saber.) All purchases, activation, and passing take place after the lynch, though you can PM me earlier with your orders if you need to.

One thing I should make clear, you are free to reveal what item you have if you want, in fact trying to nail down who has which item can be an important part of the game. Of course not everyone's going to tell the truth, for one reason or another...

Last edited by Peregrine : 08-09-2005 at 02:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 AM   #282
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Two sorcerers down on day one? That is a little odd. This isn't quite as good as taking out a wolf, but it is still a small victory for the good team. Let's get going on the wolves now and wrap this one up quickly.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #283
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Wow.

Old 08-09-2005, 01:29 AM   #284
Blade6119
Coordinator

wow....wow....wow....it sucks about the king(maybe not??) But god damn if thats not amazing we got two bad guys off the bat...wow, heres to rooting out the other bad guys now
Demotivation
Old 08-09-2005, 02:05 AM   #285
kingfc22
Head Coach

WOW. This thread got big in a hurry. 2 bad guys in one day is a great way to start and one was killed by the wolves. Heh
Old 08-09-2005, 02:28 AM   #286
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I shall spill the beans that were handed to me. I had the amulet of seeing yesterday and chose to view one person. Unfortunately, the amulet was stolen from me by somebody whilst I slept. Use it well, thief.

I am quoting part of the post that made me highly suspicious of him. Luckily, I was right, you can all thank me later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
The wolves don't know who the sorcerer is, so I consider it a strong possibility that ardent or fouts is a wolf. If henry is a wolf it would be a clever move to switch because it would seem WAY to obvious. By doing this he deflects any possible last minute switches that would kill a wolf.

Lathum is a werewolf. Kill him dead.

I vote Lathum
Old 08-09-2005, 02:58 AM   #287
Fouts
College Starter

Dola,

I realize now I could have waited and drawn out the rest of the wolves, but I jumped the gun since I didn't have the amulet anymore and won't be back online until the afternoon.

Posting early gives everyone a chance to look at my evidence before accidentally condeming the wrong guy. I don't have a clue as to who the other wolves are.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #288
Schmidty
Coordinator

Crazy stuff. I'm still waiting for more people to reveal what items they have. It's great that we were able to get two baddies though.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:39 AM   #289
Vince
Pro Starter

If Fouts is right, we might be on the road to the shortest werewolf game ever.

If he's just making a play, he's making it way too early to last
Old 08-09-2005, 03:43 AM   #290
Vince
Pro Starter

Whoa, the king was a bad guy? Crazy!

Peregrine, even though the items of the lynched people are lost, are they still revealed?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:47 AM   #291
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Whoa, the king was a bad guy? Crazy!

Peregrine, even though the items of the lynched people are lost, are they still revealed?

Yes, they are revealed, but are removed from the game at that point.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 AM   #292
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Genius job wolves.

Man this is the first time I haven't survived the whole game, and I was really liking this one.

Last edited by jeff061 : 08-09-2005 at 04:58 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:40 AM   #293
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wow. Jeff, you were a bad guy? I thought being the king was a role. I didn't even consider the king having two roles...heh.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:45 AM   #294
Peregrine
Pro Starter

The king isn't a role, it's just the title for whoever has the Crown of the King item.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 AM   #295
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Wow...20 of us left. Three are wolves. Odds are against getting lucky again, but then again, we got two sorcerors!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:48 AM   #296
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
The king isn't a role, it's just the title for whoever has the Crown of the King item.
Gotcha, make sense, but I'd hate to think a werewolf had just as much an opportunity to wear the crown initially as anyone. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I felt Jeff061 was a solid choice as an ordinary villager.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:43 AM   #297
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm so bitter .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #298
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, we now have 17-3 odds against the wolves - pretty good spot to be in. We have an accusation - Fouts accuses Lathum.

What are the chances they are both villagers? Well, my gut says this is pretty slim. Usually you accuse, based on night info, because you know something or are deflecting. If you accept this premise, then we should go after one of these guys unless someone has very compelling evidence to offer later today. In the event that we get the wrong guy, we go back to the other one tomorrow.

Day: 17-3, get wrong guy, 16-3
Night:16-3, 15-3 after wolves kill
Next Day: 15-2 after we get other guy.

I'll take those odds. If someone has a better idea I'm open to it but right now this seems appealing.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #299
hoopsguy
General Manager

The king was bad? Inconceivable!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 AM   #300
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sounds good, unless something else pops up (don't know what that could be). The only drawback to the plan is that at this point, we're somewhat overconfident. After getting lucky twice, we still didn't get a wolf. To say that the numbers are in our favor may lead to a close game later.

Just a possibility (not a probability at this point it seems) that both are villagers and then we could be at 13-3 after two days. Still good odds, but a possibility nonetheless.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote